Start by marking “Magicians And Fairies” as Want to Read:
Magicians And Fairies

Magicians And Fairies

A spellbinding collection that presents the magical worlds of fairies, witches, and wizards.
Library Binding, 92 pages
Published by Chelsea House Publications

To ask other readers questions about Magicians And Fairies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magicians And Fairies

Andrew
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I will be the first to admit that this is a bit of fun on my part - I love the work of Robert Ingpen and this book if nothing else is a perfect showcase of his work.

It is in fact a collaboration between Robert Ingpen and Molly Pegham (although depending on where you are looking she is acknowledged or not). I assume that Robert created the stunning visuals while Molly wrote the entries.

Now I am sure this book (and the 3 others from the series "The Mystery and Magic Series" are in fact taken fro
Ashleigh Oldfield
Although in no means an exhaustive source of fairytales, this book is a great run down on different 'fairy' creatures from around the world (Baba Yaga, dwarves, satyrs etc). For my own personal uses it has been a really good stepping stone for further research. I would not recommend this book for children, however, unless the have a true passion for the subject matter. It quite often states the facts in an unimaginative manner. Every few pages or so this book does relate a fairy tales in a fairl ...more
Phoebe Cook
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
What I expected. It has some fascinating, beautiful graphics. Teaches a lot about the subject fairies. Even shows a few gnomes.
Noa
Jun 29, 2014
Yasmin Foster
Mar 17, 2017
Titas K.
rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2015
Kristina S.
Nov 04, 2017
Jasmin Elune
Jul 22, 2018
Robert Roger Ingpen (AM) (born 13 October 1936) is an Australian graphic designer, illustrator, and author. He received the biennial, international Hans Christian Andersen Award for Illustration in 1986, recognizing his "lasting contribution to children's literature".

Ingpen was born in Geelong Australia and attended Geelong College to 1957. He graduated with a Diploma of Graphic Art from RMIT wher