Start by marking “The Bride's Secret (Love and Marriage #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bride's Secret (Love and Marriage #1)

The Bride's Secret

(Love and Marriage #1)

She wants to run.
He wants to help her.
But when they must honeymoon together as if they're the happy couple, will a series of fake events which turn into a fake relationship entice them both back to the altar, only this time for real?
Published January 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Bride's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bride's Secret

Start your review of The Bride's Secret (Love and Marriage #1)
Coco.V
Tiffany
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pam
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Bride’s Secret: Love and Marriage Book 1 is by Sophia Summers. This book is short and easy to read. It is just perfect for those times when you want a quick read and a break. It takes place in Hawaii which makes it even better.
Carisa is all set to marry Heath when she suddenly realizes she does not love him and can’t go through with the wedding. Actually, she would love the wedding if it wasn’t for the groom. So, when the wedding planner left her to go get someone to talk some sense into he
Martha B.
Aug 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Beyond the beautiful cover, but...

Beyond the beautiful cover, I didn't find much I really liked about The Bride's Secret by Sophia Summers.

The hero (Wyatt) professes to be the good guy, but he truly does dance on the edge of being with another man's fiance. Granted, he doesn't take her to his bed, but the intimacy is still there.

Some readers would call the heroine (Carisa) sweet and naive, but (in my opinion) she just came across as immature and a bit of a space cadet. Granted, her fiance's beha
Karen
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fun quick, clean, swoony read. I have enjoyed all the books of Sophia’s I have read so far. This story starts with Heath and Carisa at their wedding. Carisa is having doubts about her relationship and realizes that she doesn’t really love Heath. Heath is a womanizer and Wyatt, Heath’s best man, is just seeing this. Heath and Wyatt haven’t been close in years. So when Carisa decides to run from the wedding, Wyatt decides to help her. Wyatt has no idea what he is getting himself into. Is ...more
Vicki Johnson
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting story, to say the least. I would put the book between a 3 and 4, I gave it a 4 because It did grab my attention with the central theme of the book. Read it to see what you think. A very interesting female character, Carisa, as the bride, who definitely knows what she needs to do, but can she carry it through? There are basically two central male characters that are as different as black and white, but they were best friends in GRADE school! It will be interesting to see h ...more
Sheila Lee
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet, clean 5-star romance. The plot is outrageous, making this book a fun read! Carisa is engaged to Heath who is a serial cheater. Minutes before she is to walk down the aisle, Carisa makes an escape with the help of the best man, Wyatt. Knowing she needs to distance herself from the chaos, she decides to go on the honeymoon sans husband. Wyatt, ever the gentleman, feels obligated to insure her safety and well-being in the emotional crisis. So he makes arrangements to accompany her to her d ...more
Aurélie
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Carisa left her fiancé at the altar, realizing, a little late, that he was faking to love her. To flee and recover, she goes on her honeymoon, accompanied by the best man, Wyatt. There, they make people believe they are married to stop men from pursuing her. The whole time, Carisa is afraid of being emotionally unstable, especially when she starts developing feelings towards Wyatt. When her fiancé shows up and still wants to get married, she has to make a decision. The only question is, will she ...more
Lisa
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: clean-romance
I thoroughly enjoyed The Bride's Secret--it is written well and just so much fun! Here's an example: "Inside, he fist pumped the air, shouted, and did a hip wiggle, but all his face showed was a wide smile." This all over a business deal. The main characters, Wyatt and Carisa are very likable. Most of the story takes place in Hawaii where Wyatt and Carisa have lots of excursions. I especially enjoyed the scene in which Carisa is on the bus to the sunset cruise. Sophia Summers does such a great j ...more
Nancy
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wyatt. a long ago college friend of Heath, the bridegroom, agrees to be best man even though they haven't been close for ages. His duties include checking on why Carisa, the bride, decides to skip out the day of the wedding. She's distraught and a basket case. He feels protective and decides he needs to accompany her to Hawaii where she was to honeymoon. Their charade to pose as the honeymooning couple leads to some hilarious and disasterous situations. What will be the outcome?
A must read!
Nethanja
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Wyatt meets his friend to be best man on his wedding, he’s disappointed to see that his friend is cheating on his fiancée.
When he meets Carisa in her wedding dress the next day he discovers she’s running away from his friend. What to do now? He jumps in and helps her. When that means he needs to go on her honeymoon, he accepts. That is the recipe for confusing times.
This is an enjoyable story, it’s predictable but still a fun story that you will enjoy.
Susan Hamann
Jul 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wyatt is the best man at Carissa's wedding. He isn't pleased with the groom's behavior regarding other women. When Carissa decides to run away from the wedding, Wyatt helps her make a getaway. They end up going to Hawaii to enjoy the already booked honeymoon. Wyatt has business interests there so he can justify the time.

This is a quick, fun read. It was well written and I enjoyed it. I'd recommend this book for most readers.
Melissa Hayford
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Usually when you hear about a bride running off with the best man they are the bad guys. In the Bride's Secret the bride is running from a jerk of a fiance and the best man is offering protection and support. This is definitely a different plot, but a sweet story. Wyatt and Carisa are cute together. ...more
Misty Goan
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing fun short sweet read. It is a fast paced story of a bride not getting married but taking off for her honeymoon without the groom because of his cheating. She is followed by the best man who is offering support and protection. It includes drama, some misunderstandings, and conflicts which makes for an enjoyable ride to a HEA. I voluntarily reviewed this great ARC.
Linda Rutland
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Did she escape disaster or land in the fire?

She finally admitted to herself that she couldn't marry Heath. But it was minutes before her walk down the aisle when she grabbed her things and ran for her car. And the best man helped her escape. What an interesting and enjoyable story.
Pat
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She knows she can’t marry him. The best man knows he’s cheated on her but he’s the only one available to help her escape the wedding. He goes with her to her honeymoon location. Do they find love together? Have to read to find the answer. I liked this story, clean & sweet. I received an ARC & this is my voluntary review.
Jill
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A quick read

Though the book starts off with a bang and builds in momentum, overall, I felt like the characters came together a little too easily. I didn't feel like the conflict was as fully developed as it could have been, which the push and pull want as seeing as it could have been. But it's was still an enjoyable read.
Noma Byrne
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book a lot! The bride ran and the best man went with her to protect her. The groom used to be his best friend but not for a while and he knew the groom was cheating. After a few misunderstandings, everything works out! I recommend this book to anyone who likes romance books.
Anne Wingate
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Runaway

Carisa is engaged.
She is getting married tomorrow.
Wyatt is the best man.
At the bachelor party,,Wyatt finds out that groom-to-be is cheating on his bride-to-be.
So Wyatt doesn't feel too bad when --
No, just read the book.
Recommended for readers of clean romance.
Ljones
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wyatt's friend Heath is getting married. It seems as if Heath plans on cheating ofter he gets married. Wyatt doesn't agree with it, but what can he do? Carisa finds out just howuch of a gentleman Wyatt is. No spoilers alerts, but this is a sweet book. ...more
Cynthia
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

Casia is suppose to get married. Wyatt is there as best man for his friend Heath, but his friend has a wandering eye. So in the day of the wedding, Wyatt helps her run so the way to Hawaii. Where they take each day as it comes.
Margie
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A funny light hearted story where the bride, Carisa, does end up with the best man, Wyatt. Everyone should learn that if a situation doesn't feel right you might need to re-examine the situation. Carisa does just that. A few funny, awkward situations occur to make this a fun read. ...more
Courtney
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent

Love, love, love!! ❤
Wow, and I do mean wow! This novel was excellent and thorough without becoming explicit! I love romantic novels and this one had a wonderful storyline to keep me entertained! Fabulous!
Pat Christie
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ebook

He’s the best man but doesn’t like the grooms actions. The bride decides to run and he helps her go on her honeymoon. They find an attraction but is it a rebound or the real thing?
Margaret Swanigan
Oct 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
I mean I guess what else can you expect from such a short novella. It was insta love, no real plot, and kinda ridiculous. The writing was really not good and the characters had no chemistry. It was not steamy at all and had no good tension.
Karen
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet. It moved pretty fast, but I still liked it.
Barbara
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story has some really cute things - a runaway bride, a best man as accomplice, and a honeymoon between strangers. It was enjoyable and I hope you read it!
Sue Stinnett
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Runaway Bride

It's time for the wedding to start but the bride is gone. This is a funny and sweet romance that will find you smiling.
Donna Campbell
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun

This was a fun romance with an interesting premise. I enjoyed the characters and lots their chemistry. This is a clean romance.

• Cheesy Romance with the Billionaire (Bluebonnets & Billionaires #5)
  • The Billionaire's Cowboy Groom
  • Blind Date with a Billionaire Professor (Blind Date Disasters, #2)
  • Letters for Phoebe (Promise of Forever After #1)
  • Ten Dates with the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelor Cove)
  • Romancing the Cowboy (Sage Valley Ranch, #1)
  • Kissing a Billionaire (The Tycoons #7)
  • The Australian Billionaire (International Billionaire Club Romance #1)
  • Boyfriend By Mistake (Carter's Cove Beach Romance #1)
  • Her Unexpected Cowboy (Unforgettable Cowboys Book 1)
  • David, Billionaire Cowboy (Billionaire Protectors #3)
  • The Billionaire's Mistletoe: A Single Dad's 2nd Chance Sweet Romance
  • Fire Games (The Men of Fire Beach #1)
  • Her Beast of a Billionaire Boss (Billionaire Bachelor Cove)
  • Blind Date with a Blue-Collar Billionaire (Blind Date Disasters, #1)
  • Colt, Billionaire Reunion (Billionaire Protectors #2)
  • Snowed In with the Movie Star Billionaire (Falling for You Billionaire #3)
  • Kissing a Billionaire
Sophia Summers is an award winning author who just wants to relax a little and enjoy a great beach read. She lives in a quiet southern town brimming with an extra dose of hospitality and a whole lot of charm.

She writes historical romance under a different name. The Billionaire Royals is her first contemporary romance series.

Love and Marriage (3 books)
  • The Bride's Cowboy (Love and Marriage #2)
  • The Bride's Billionaire (Love and Marriage #3)