Start by marking “The Totally Awesome Book of Useless Information” as Want to Read:
The Totally Awesome Book of Useless Information

The Totally Awesome Book of Useless Information

-Did you know that the Pilgrims ate popcorn at the first Thanksgiving? Or that Maine is the toothpick capital of the world, or that frogs have teeth? -Do you want to know what a cockroach’s favorite food is, or how long it would take to drive to the sun? -Amaze your friends and family by telling them that a baby giraffe is six feet long when it is born, or that tigers have ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by Penguin Group Inc

To ask other readers questions about The Totally Awesome Book of Useless Information, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Totally Awesome Book of Useless Information

Zunayed Nibir
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book surely justifies its name. It is totally awesome and of course the information are useless. I am looking forward to reading other books of this series.
Daniel Stern
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is absolutely useless information...until you know how to use it. I've already quoted it at least 4 times to my students, about random things that came up in discussion. Use it to push people to learn more about esoteric topics. And read it just to have a bit of fun.
10 people found this helpful
Nada Al-Karmi
Useless? True
Interesting? Yes

When reading some of the information, I actually got curious enough about some of them and started researching to find out more.

So you might think them useless at the beginning but the book actually enriches your knowledge.
Olivia Gehrig
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
3/5
Mario Pimental
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Well that was certainly useless.
Vira Motorko
As a Wikipedian, I had a hard time reading a book of facts with ZERO references =)
Ecolpip
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun to read
Marti Yockey
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely different
Jodena Pysher
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My son received this book as a Christmas present. A quick half hour read just to take your mind away from life. Even at 34 years old, this book was very informative.
Keshia
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classroom, own
This book does not disappoint! Can’t wait to share these random facts with my students this year!
Leslie
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting trivia and easy to read
Kazien
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stupid and useless information but extremely funny
Rachel
Jan 20, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay. Some of the facts I already knew. There were also several typos, but I guess that's what I get for buying a book from Five Below.
Alexandru Simandi
Fun and relaxing
Taylor Brockman
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was a good book
Kayla
May 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was given as a gift. Very cute for what it is. A quick read. Would be great gift idea for a kid.
Chetan Hemaraju
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite Useless but still useful in one own way# Time passers# Gossipers# Knowledge Gainers# Show Off Geniuses# would really Love# Anyone can read# Good gift to Anyone#
Isabella
Jan 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It a book of random information thats useless but it really funny to read this friends. I love this book I've read it 3 times
Andrea Labonte
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was really good, but it really kept you laughing while you read it and made you think. Its a book you would really want to read if you want to learn some useless information.
Abdulrhman Eaita
Light and funny, with a lot of good information too, I wanted more from it so I gave it 3 stars, but in its shelf, it deserves five
Benjamin Paul Buursma
Feb 21, 2013
Ratheesh
May 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
In 1995, a secret society was formed comprising Britain's foremost thinkers, writers, and artists to explore the world's most bizarre nooks and crannies and to trade and share useless information (or, as founding member Keith Waterhouse, playwright and journalist, would have it, "totally bloody useless")-usually over a pint or two at a local pub. Now, The Useless Information Society shares its fin ...more