Start by marking “Head First Web Design” as Want to Read:
Head First Web Design

Head First Web Design

(Head First Series)

Want to know how to make your pages look beautiful, communicate your message effectively, guide visitors through your website with ease, and get everything approved by the accessibility and usability police at the same time? Head First Web Design is your ticket to mastering all of these complex topics, and understanding what's really going on in the world of web design.

Whe
Published December 30th 2008 by O'Reilly Media (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Head First Web Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Head First Web Design

Cara
Feb 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm about a third of the way through, and this is one of the few nonfiction books I've ever felt that "don't want to put it down" feeling about. Love it! I took a whole 3-credit course on web design at a very good art school, and the first third of this book has done more for my confidence and abilities as a designer than that whole class and a few years' experience in web development. It gives a very clear, concrete, sensible approach and explains WHY they tell you to do things that way. It's t ...more
Jay Cruz
May 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: web design novices,
This is the second Head First book I read, and like the first one, HTML with CSS, which I read some months ago, this is a fun and easy to follow book. Even though the book is tailored to people who have some coding under their belt, it's a great starting point for a complete novice like myself. It guides you through the whole process of web design. From the pre-planning, to organizing, to layout, to user testing, and even to the business side of things. It's not going to turn you into a web desi ...more
Melissa
Nov 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a really thick book and it's very helpful. It's got lots of pictures and illustrations and it's easy to read. You can pick it up and flip through it to read about the specific topic you want to know about, or you can read it straight through and learn lots and lots about web design. There are even exercises to do.

I got this book from the library. It's due on Wednesday and I can't renew it. I think I'm going to buy a copy. It's really a good book.
Megan
Oct 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Some of this book felt like common sense. I guess it's good to cover the basics. It was nice to see the proper web designer's process broken down - it just dragged on a little bit.

The last chapter was great. I wish Head First had spent more time discussing the business end of the process. That will be particularly helpful to those of you who intend to make a living out of web design.
Giulia
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
A really good book for web design. Slightly dated by using XHTML, but it had a lot of great tips for working with layouts and colors. I will be keeping this one too. Huge help in me building a website.
Eric Brooke
Sep 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a good book - after I was comfortable with HTML and CSS. It retaught me some basic and solid design concepts, helped me think your methodologies and working with clients. It even taught me some good stuff for my HTML and CSS.
Heather
Jun 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
This book told me it was not for me because I do not have a working knowledge of HTML and CSS. I read it anyway skipping over the coding parts and found it extremely helpful in the basics of web design. Now I know what a good design consists of; so I can have my husband code it for me:)
Chantal E. Larsen
Jul 26, 2012 rated it liked it
I didn't learn much from reading this. If I hadn't read Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML and taken a course on web design, maybe the book would have been informative.
Bmallett
Oct 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is another good book for anyone wanting to either begin web design or just brush up on some things.

Another book I have given my son to read.
Delhi Irc
Location: ND6 IRC
Accession no: DL026854
Leanne
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
fun book on web design. explains concepts and process of designing web sites, uses great examples and mockups for site design including information architecture, color, accessibility and much more.
Emma
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
A little dated technically by now but a good easy-to-read refresher of web design topics.
Hala Mohammed
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
كتاب مفيد وممتع في نفس الوقت ^_^

أسلوب الكاتب روووووووووووووووعة
أحلى كتاب قريته عن تصميم المواقع
Christine
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: code
I love it. Give me the big picture, lots of illustrations and I'll look up the details later.
Mohamed Fouad

• Head First JavaScript
  • Head First HTML with CSS & XHTML
  • Head First Software Development
  • Head First HTML5 Programming
  • Head First Object-Oriented Analysis and Design: A Brain Friendly Guide to OOA&D
  • CSS: The Missing Manual
  • The Principles of Beautiful Web Design
  • HTML5 & CSS3 For The Real World
  • Introducing HTML5
  • CSS Pocket Reference
  • Head First Statistics
  • Information Architecture: Blueprints for the Web
  • Head First Data Analysis: A Learner's Guide to Big Numbers, Statistics, and Good Decisions
  • The Zen of CSS Design: Visual Enlightenment for the Web
  • Programming the Semantic Web
  • Head First C#
  • The Multiplayer Classroom: Designing Coursework as a Game

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

Head First Series (1 - 10 of 45 books)
  • Head First 2D Geometry