Start by marking “An Imperial Gambit (Wardens of Issalia #3)” as Want to Read:
An Imperial Gambit (Wardens of Issalia #3)

An Imperial Gambit

(Wardens of Issalia #3)

A conflict of ideals: magic versus fire-powered weapons. The fate of Issalia hangs in the balance.

A new Empire has risen to power. Already in control of the east coast, the Imperial Army sets its sights on Issalia's western kingdoms. Tensions rise as both sides prepare for war.

What deadly weapon will the Empire develop next?

Brandt and Quinn are espions - part spy, part th
Published December 13th 2018 by Fallbrandt Press

To ask other readers questions about An Imperial Gambit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Imperial Gambit

Jennifer (bunnyreads)

This is the third book in The Wardens of Issalia series, dealing with the organisation known and ICON and their struggles against the rising Empire. The aftermath of the last book leaves the Tantari kingdom in a precarious position, with the Empire starting to gain more of a foothold in the country-endangering our friends at Icon and all Chaos-based magic users.

Like the first two books, we follow multiple pov’s.

We find Quinn and Brandt still on mission in Sol Polis. Curan, whom we met last book
Janeandjerry
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Imperial Gambit (Wardens of Issalia Book 3)

OMG I DON'T THINK I CAN WAIT FOR BOOK 4 TO COME OUT I WANT TO READ IT NOW!!!!!! Ok yes I loved this book and the adventures they are on trying to save their kingdoms and people I've enjoyed each book up to this point and I WANT MORE!!!! 😃😃😃😃😃
Megan
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great one in the series

This book is another great addition in the Wardens series. It is the best book so far and I like that the books keep getting better as the stakes for the characters keep getting higher.

This book focuses more on missions for various Wardens as well as some development of weaponry at the Ward. The story strikes a very good balance between these with all the events being directly related to the overall plot. There are no filler missions or filler characters which I r
Fiona Andrew
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always another awesome adventure written in glourious wide sweeps of imagination. A world full of all sorts of people who are fighting to end the rule of a corrupt section of people. The characters are well written and described. The world of Issalia rocks. I love all of Mr Kohanek’s books. I highly recommend grabbing a copy of this series, curling up with your favourite beverage and lose yourself in a fabulous series.
Crystal
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much packed into this book. I love this series, and Quinn is still my favorite. Cassie is another favorite of mine. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Natasha Clark-French
OMG this series by is so good! It just keeps getting better and better. Idk how he does it but Kohanek is able to create such vivid imagery that I just get lost in his books. And I love all the characters! Quinn is by far my favorite though. I admire strong, loyal, brilliant women and Quinn is a character every girl and woman should look up too. All the other characters are wonderfully dynamic and admirable too so there's never a lack of of that hopeful feeling. The world building is perfectly b ...more
Roger
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An Imperial Gambit (Wardens of Issalia Book 3) my fifth read from author Jeffrey L. Kohanek. Well-written with intricately developed characters you can invest heavily in and the story-line with its intricate twists & surprises as the tension & suspense ratchets up throughout the book’s length. 315 pages but reads even longer with the attention to detail written into the story. Kohanek’s fantasy world has become one of my favorite reads with Icon being my next read, now I just need to det ...more
LooseBoots
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing adventure that was so intense my head spun at times. I had trouble sleeping in between reads .
Although there are a lot of solid characters in the story the author made it easy to connect with them all ensuring a fluid story.

Lots of heroes and villains. The journey is not over yet.

Can’t wait for the next thrilling epic episode.
Ola Adamska
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2018
This one concentrates more on action and what is going on exacly. There will be lots of Quinn and much much less of Everson (I need him more as he is SO refreshing!).
Quinn and Brandt's relationship Took next steps which was cool as I really rnjouly them as an 'item'.
Good action packed story with kicka$$ characters and intriguing plot
Jaime
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jeffrey Kohanek has written another gem in An Imperial Gambit. The books in this series just keep getting better and better. I loved reading about the continuing adventures of my favorite characters and seeing them grow. I can’t wait for the next book in the series!
John Piper
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favorites
loved this book! Such a great series! Jeffrey has created a wonderful, unique world! Amazing characters that suck you in! I highly recommend checking it out!
Tammy
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tons of action and we get to see Quinn and Brandt's relationship develop more. I think they are my favorite. We see a little of Everson but I wish there was more of him. I love his inventions. Ashland shows she is no push over and Rena steps up and goes in the field. The story kept me hooked from the start and I hated to put it down. There is a cliffhanger ending so we need Book 4 fast!
James (ObservantRaven)
Clinton Gann
Apr 05, 2019
Chris
Mar 29, 2019
Jeffrey L. Kohanek grew up in rural Minnesota, where comic books sparked his young imagination and inspired fantasies of heroes with super-powers saving the day. His tastes later evolved to fantasy epics, featuring unlikely heroes overcoming impossible odds to save worlds born from the writer’s imagination.

Now residing in southern California, Jeff uses that imagination to weave tales of engaging c

Wardens of Issalia (3 books)
  • A Warden's Purpose (Wardens of Issalia #1)
  • The Arcane Ward (Wardens of Issalia #2)
“They come at night.” 0 likes