Start by marking “His Forbidden Desire (Island of Ys, #1)” as Want to Read:
His Forbidden Desire (Island of Ys, #1)

His Forbidden Desire

(Island of Ys #1)

Princess Camilla Fitzcharles is willing to risk everything to escape her gilded cage of her life. She’s secured an invitation to participate in the Wild Hunt, a deadly game hosted once every five years. This year’s prize is the one thing that can set her free. Cami just has to survive long enough to win it.

Luca has spent the last fifteen years waiting for vengeance. Now t
Published March 25th 2019 by Trinkets and Tales LLC

To ask other readers questions about His Forbidden Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Forbidden Desire

Dísir
‘His Forbidden Desire’ starts off as an odd cross between fictional European aristocratic romance and the Hunger Games series, where a princess thinks the latter is key to the gilded cage that she’s found herself in.

I’m unfamiliar with this particular aspect of Katee Robert’s writing; then again, Robert is an author who dabbles quite significantly in overlapping genres and I never quite know what I’ll get out of her next book. ‘His Forbidden Desire’ falls within the realm of speculative romanti
nick
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

This was very different from any romance novel I've ever read. It almost had a Hunger-Games feel to it with the island and the hunt, but I enjoyed it!
Crystal
INCREDIBLE. MAGNIFICENT. STUNNING. I need all the words to describe this book. All of them. This is the best book @katee_robert has written yet. Shades of the Four Horseman with some Hunger Games and Fantasy Island thrown in. Revenge, justice, humanity amongst the darkness. Plus romance and steaminess. Just simply beautiful, and had me in crying in a good way by the end. Do yourself a favor and pre-order it! #Famine #Warisnext #Deathiscoming #Pestilencetoo
Ally *Wasted Life Books & Romance*
Cami and Luca are the love story I didn't know I needed! Katee’s no good side character left behind has become one of my favorite author sayings!! This story was suspenseful, sexy, challenging, and full of sass! They were both complex characters full of angst, tension, and raw lust turned love! Island of Ys is a series I am looking forward to fully reading!
Asmaa
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic start to a new series. We get to see characters from three different series. We see Cami who is from the Thalamian Dynasty and Liam from the O’Malleys and Bellamy from the Kings. This story is specifically about Princess Camille from Thalania(Cami) and Luca who is one of the four horseman from the Island of Y who run the Wild Hunt. It’s such a suspenseful and sexy book. It’s so many stories at once. It’s Camis battle to establish her independence and the four horseman are lookin ...more
Sarah Garza
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars!

I liked this book. It was a quick read that had me not too emotionally invested in the story and characters, and for me, that’s okay.
I liked that the protagonist was strong and proved everybody wrong most of the time. I thought the ending wrapped up most of the loose ends. Crazy to think that this was a simple read when it had all the markings of it being Hunger Games-esque.
Darcie
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Amazing beginning to this series!

Luca and Cami stoke my heart. Their heat and fighting drove me crazy throughout this story. I loved Luca’s refusal to realize his feelings but continued showing of it. Cami was an amazingly strong woman who would fight for what she wanted, even if her goal changed. I can’t wait for the rest of the Horsemen to be brought to their knees!
Shyla Wright
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Hotness this was such a steamy book. Katee Roberts has gone above and beyond with His Forbidden Desire. I loved every minute of this book. I was enthralled and consumed.
Carissa
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book sucked me in!!!! I love how Katee is tackling different genres! This was a nice fresh take on a semi fantasy/dystopian read. I love we got some pop ins from characters from Katee's other series. Luca is one angry boy, loved it and I for one will be back to read the next one, bc Katee started giving the mysterious background of the next main couple in this book.

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Kristen
Rachel
Mar 27, 2019
Megan
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I truly enjoyed it immensely. It was unique, and fun, and sexy, and sad, and heartbreaking, and inspirational. It was also suspenseful, and it had a host of fun character appearances from the author's other series, which I always love.

Princess Camilla Fitzcharles is looking for a way out of her gilded cage of a life. She loves her oldest brother, Theo, the King of Thalania, but she can no longer do the crown's bidding. She wants to be free of her sheltered life, her birthrigh
Patsie
Tessa
Christi Barth
Cindy
Feb 26, 2019
New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Katee Robert learned to tell her stories at her grandpa’s knee. Her 2015 title, The Marriage Contract, was a RITA finalist, and RT Book Reviews named it 'a compulsively readable book with just the right amount of suspense and tension." When not writing sexy contemporary and romantic suspense, she spends her time playing imaginary games with her child ...more

Island of Ys (2 books)
  • Her Rival's Touch (Island of Ys, #2)