Start by marking “Below the Belt (Baum's Boxing #1)” as Want to Read:
Below the Belt (Baum's Boxing #1)

Below the Belt

(Baum's Boxing #1)

Published December 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Below the Belt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Below the Belt

Bev
Well, well, well - I rather enjoyed that, insta love(ish) and all. I'm not overly fussed on insta but this one totally worked, I think because there was other stuff going on the kept my interest - both of them had disabilities they had to deal with, there was a canny suspense plot running through and well, like I said, I rather enjoyed this. Not even the few editing issues put me off! It's just one of those books that worked for me right now in my DNF funk.

I'm moving straight on to the next book
Alaina
Below the Belt was surprisingly really good! Lately I've been trying to explore more into genre's that I don't read a lot of - like m/m. So when I saw this, I was like heck yeah! Plus it's on KU.

In it, you will meet Noah and Adrian. They were both hurt in the past and they are both single. Noah's ex got him a pass to this gym and it kind of worked out in his favor. So points for the ex (even though I didn't want them to get back together. Then there's Adrian who is shy but has a deep sexy ass vo
Coco.V
Dec 27, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/27/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
Noah Avidan has not led a charmed life. His first serious relationship crashed and burned with his boyfriend in the bed of their dog-walker. After achieving his dream job working as a Classics Professor at the University, his life is derailed by a car accident, leaving him blind in one eye and battling to lecture through a stammer. Whatever his luck, though, Noah is bound and determined to pick up the pieces and find his own way to happiness.

The day N
AG Reads
Shelves: m-m
3.5 to 4 stars. This wasn't a bad book. I did like the romance and the boxing connection, and writing style was good minus the need for further editing. The storyline had some minor issues, and a tendency for background characters to drop off the page never to be heard from again. One was supposedly Noah's best friend at the college but she fades into nothingness about halfway through. Another was the person who supposedly encouraged the scheme surrounding Noah. That person is mentioned once, bu ...more
~nikki the recovering book addict

I kinda knew what to expect from the book especially from the blurb. But wow! Goes to show how good the writing is when even though you know it’s coming, it still shocks you. I’m not shocked per se, nothing bad. But wow...execution was flawless!

I like my heroes flawed but in this case, it’s not personality flaws but physical flaws. I like that the author didn’t shy away from including the strain people with disabilities go through. It’s a fictional book with a romantic theme but I like
Mateo
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story with well designed characters.
Nic
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Looks are deceiving

This was a great story. Main characters were both nicely developed they both had depth. Two people appeared broken based on society's definition of normal. But they were in fact extremely strong, determined, resilient and passionate. There is a scene where Noah is attacked and his fear of blindness goes into play and I could almost feel his emotions. Well done!
Claudia
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4,5*
I love Noah and Adrian! They're perfect for each other!
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This book was a stumbled on surprise. And I’m so glad I stumbled. Yes it was kinda insta lovish but it truly worked for this book. I love how both men were very protective of each other. How they understood each other’s disabilities and loved each other because of them. How they knew you can’t “love it away”. That It would always be a part of them. How they were willing to fight for this love. Loved both MC’s and can wait to read the next
Mary
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: To everyone
Spoiler alert spoiler alert I can't write a review of this book without spoilers. So if you're like my dad and have spoilers DON'T read it.

I have den disabled all my life. As have several family members. Ours is a degenerative disease. Why does this matter you ask? While in the past few years there have been more disabled characters in books,a lot are still stereotypes and the stories are trite miracle cures?😠 Or the disabled character is in the background. Not this book. Both leads are disabled
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this. Good plot, strong characters, apparent chemistry, good dialogue.

What I didn’t like was the out of nowhere poly relationship with the secondary characters. When Anna (Adrian’s twin sister) met Noah and had that conversation about her knowing not to judge a person’s sexuality based on their appearance , she referenced her brother being gay. Yet, not her being bisexual (possibly pansexual). Nor did she about Wes (her husband). But all of sudden Wes and her are interested in having a
Lisa Day
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Interesting

This is a new author to me, and I am glad I took the chance. This book reveals the struggles of living with disabilities in a way that pity is not involved--only compassion and understanding. I enjoyed the characters and their journey even though I felt like the connection between Noah and Adrian happened really fast. However, as Wes, Adrian's brother-in-law, says, "When you know, you know." It was a bit predictible, but I still enjoyed the story. I look forward to reading the next bo
Heather Moss
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love The Idea of This Series

I absolutely love this book. The characters are sweet and easily likeable. Adrian and Noah are both disabled but they don't let it limit them. They acknowledge where their limitations are and take steps to address it. They are positive about their circumstances. The author however has little moments of frustration about these limitations that the story is completely believable. I promptly went ahead and bought book 2 because the characters coming up tugged at my heart
Lidia
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Here in Naples there is a said : non può essere più nero della mezzanotte. Can't be more dark than the midnight, in fact reading the plot I have think, wow what can ever happen again to poor Noah and Adrian? The life is been pretty hard to them, evidently not enough because evil Charlie character happened.
But then, the events wasn't those of a pity story. The disabilties of protagonists wasn't what you focus on but the bravity, the courage, the strong spirit of Noah and Adrian to want love the
Fallon
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
It was okay. The timelines were a bit tricky. It seem this whole romance spans a few weeks then they were ready to get hitched by the end of the book. I'm not a fan of insta love when the circumstances are just plain. What I did like were the multicultural aspects of the two MCs. Not your typical Caucasians descriptions.
Zaza
Feb 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019, m-m, dnf, ptsd
dnf@50% (sachant que de 29 à 50%, ça a été une lecture en ULTRA diagonale)
Bof... Un essai peu concluant pour cet auteur que je ne connaissais pas. Les héros cabossés, c'est ma came, mais là, l'auteur en fait beaucoup trop, et je sens que l'intrigue va virer au mélo grotesque, donc je préfère arrêter les frais !
Bridget
I liked the cast of characters that were set up in this book that will be revisited throughout this new series. This was my first book by this author but I really enjoyed it.
4 stars instead of 5 because the were a few editing and grammar errors that took me out of the story when I came across them
Lucrecia
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Below the Belt (Baum's Boxing Book 1)

This worked for me.
Liked everything that went on here and both MC were great, honorable ppl (hot AF too) who were given a bad hand in life but came from it better than most would've.
Sweet, adorably dorky at times, hot AF other times.
Perfect balance.
Can't wait for the next one!

Keep reading 📖
Esther
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. I love wounded characters and in this case they literally were wounded.
I love drama and evil bad guys.
I only had a minor issue with how the problems were resolved. I would have loved another confrontation. It was too quickly and mostly off page.
I’m very curious about Ryan and Cole in book 2!
Alexis Woods
So very, very good even with a host of technical errors. They were easy to ignore in light of an excellent story. Wonderful main and side characters... immediately moving on to book 2 'cause I can't get enough of these awesome guys.
Indigo Sunrise
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic new series!

This is a new author for me, so glad i found you E.M. l
Lindsey! Loved this story,great pace to it and i really connected with the two MCs. Really looking forward to Ryan & Cole's book but in the mean time in of to investigate your back catalogue!
Sali
I like it.
The premise is great, the guys are interesting. The story is nice, if a bit dramatic. I skimmed some of it, I was a tinny bit bored.
But the author write about disabled people, all different handicap, without being shy about it. Love that.
Christy Godfrey
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I’m new to this author and I have to say, I’m loving her writing style. Adrian had my heart from the beginning and he and Noah were amazing together. I’m on to find the next book, looking forward to Ryan’s HEA!
Anna
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-gay
Very sweet, very romantic, I really liked that BOTH protagonists were disabled. More boxing content would not have been amiss!!!!
Dec 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
Ce livre n'est simplement pas pour moi. Tout se passe trop vite. Je n'arrive pas à m'attacher aux personnages. Je me suis arrêtée à 40% de la lecture. Pourtant, j'avais été séduite par le résumé.
Kathrine
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just... wow!!

!I have no words!! Im at book 3 now, and oooh my heart.. these books.. Just... wow. Thank you for these amazing stories
Danna Iuliana
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it
3.4
Suzy
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was ok

Not a bad premise, but the execution let it down.
Priscila Rodrigues
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
thanks
Karla
Jan 14, 2019
  • Gasping for Air (Game Day, #2)
  • The Dilemma (Sirius Wolves, #5)
  • Magic Runs Deep
  • Change of Address
  • Seth and Casey
  • Ricochet (Out for Justice #1)
  • Blind Blondie
  • Shades of Darkness (Trials of Fear, #2)
  • Sacrificed (Little Boy Lost, #6)
  • Joker (Executioners #2)
  • Not a Word
  • Operation Midnight  (Cutter's Code #1)
  • Feat of Clay (Men of London #4)
  • Sweet Giordan, Please Remember (Hearts in Reverie #1)
  • A Little Too Broken
  • Imperfect Beauty
  • Undercover (Undercover #1)
  • Living Again
E.M. Lindsey grew up loving literature and history, both reflected in her work. She currently resides in the western United States where she works professionally as an editor and author.

Baum's Boxing (3 books)
  • Fortune and Fate (Baum's Boxing #2)
  • Fringe Contender (Baum's Boxing #3)