Start by marking “Starbreaker (Endeavor, #2)” as Want to Read:
Starbreaker (Endeavor, #2)

Starbreaker

(Endeavor #2)

THEY NEVER WANTED TO BE HEROES

Captain Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavan are still the galaxy's Most Wanted, and with revolution in the wind and the universe on the brink of catastrophic war, the situation couldn't be more desperate. Despite the Dark Watch scouring the known sectors for them, rebel leaders have handed the crew of the Endeavor a delicate and dangerous mission:
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 448 pages
Expected publication: April 28th 2020 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Starbreaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starbreaker

Start your review of Starbreaker (Endeavor, #2)
Maria Vale
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Volume 1 of the Endeavor series but having said that, I loved this even more. Captain Tess Bailey is a Nightchaser, a space pirate/Robin Hood who brings supplies to those oppressed by the Overseer and his vicious Dark Watch. Shade Ganavan is the bounty hunter who betrayed her then gave up everything to get her back. When two missions collide--one very personal--Tess is forced to confront the secrets of her past in the heart of Imperial darkness.

As in Kingmaker, Bouchet creates a heroine
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I love watching Sci Fi movies but I don't usually grab a Sci Fi book to read. This author has proved that I would enjoy that read just as much as watching the movie.

On that note, this should be made into a movie. I would love to see these characters come alive. I could really visualize these scenes as they were happening and I think it would make for an exciting movie.

Just like the first book, this gripped me from the very beginning, we learn a few secrets and we get a ton of nail biting
Juliette Cross
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a thrilling ride! Bouchet is a queen at world-building and creating characters with depth, strength, and vulnerability. And she does not disappoint here. This second installment in the Endeavor series includes a kickass heroine in Tess who fights for the good of others and a complex hero in Shade whose growth and slow self-realization makes for compelling storytelling.

While their relationship is fragile--Tess being still distrustful after Shade's near betrayal, as she should be--their
Cindy ✩☽♔
Jun 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Well the first one was utterly addicting to me, so how can I not right?

I just pray this sequel doesn't take a nose dive like what happened with her previous series, Kingmaker Chronicles.
Karen  ⚜Mess⚜
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Starbreaker begins with a slight anxiety atmosphere which quickly leads to full action. Then it gently settles you in a vivid visual on a jungle planet. Snuggled in between all this Amanda Bouchet nestles in recaps of Nightchaser. All this in the first 25% of the story.

Tess and Shade are one of my all time favorite book couples. The connection and energy between the two of them is so easy to fall into and relate to. In a word, the sex is out-of-this-world. Tess and Shade aren't the only love

TJ
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm not usually a big Sci-Fi fan and only picked this series up because I adored Ms. Bouchet's historical fantasy series. Wow! I'm glad I did! This installment is just as riveting, exciting and fabulous as the first book. Bravo, Ms. Bouchet! You have won a die-hard fan!
Dísir
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavanfresh off their reunion post-betrayal in the first bookhave large bounties on their heads; the latter is facing a new life and the prospect of being a rebel and the wrong side of the galactic law so to speak. Therere multiple shades of Star Wars in here, but its one that Starbreaker plunges us into: a rolling journey of ups and downs, unexpected fire-fights, close escapes and world-turning events.

The hardest part of reading a second installment that comes years after
Marta Cox
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Four and a half
If you enjoyed Nightchaser than you will be overjoyed to discover that this book is even better ! Tess and Shade are a couple who are making great strides in their relationship but it's never going to be easy as Shade nearly betrayed Tess before. Still they are both learning what it really means to trust each other and their latest job of rescuing a scientist has them facing quite the grand adventure ! If Tess had doubts about Shade then they are nothing compared to her
Jane
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Amanda Bouchet and this new series is really good. This is the second book in the series and is told from alternating points of view between Tess and Shade. I really enjoyed it.
Lynn
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Captain Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavan have a monumental task rescuing a scientist, Reena Ahem, whose work is vital to a ruined planet that the seriously evil Overseer poisoned. Even if they can break into Starbase 12, where the Overseer often resides, the odds are not in their favor to complete this critical mission. For the crew of the Endeavor, help comes from an unexpected source with Tess learning that much of what she thought was real about her past is shockingly not true.

Tess and Shade
Katie
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's so rare that a sequel is even better than the first book in a series, but somehow Starbreaker managed to outdo Nightchaser. Maybe it's because the hero and heroine are securely together which means there's sexual tension without that insane fear that somehow they won't end up together (am I the only one who worries about that in a romance novel? Like... they have to end up together. It's the law. So, why am I constantly freaking out thinking that last little break up is real. Sigh.) ...more
Chelsea
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bouchet opens up the world, but never loses the heart of her story: Tess & Shade. I didn't think I could love them more. I was wrong. Rich worldbuilding and deep character arcs abound. Be prepared to devour STARBREAKER.
Beth
I received this ARC copy of Starbreaker from SOURCEBOOKS Casablanca. This is my honest and voluntary review. Starbreaker is set for publication April 28, 2020.
Pamela
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Captain Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavan are still on the run from the Dark Watch and The Overseer. Everywhere they go, they have to be careful. Tess has plans to meet with her uncle to deliver some of her A1 blood, but first she's got a side mission to take care of. And what do you know, just when they think they've about made it out, things go sideways.

Tess and Shade's next plans are to save Reena Ahern, a scientist who is imprisoned on Starbase 12. When they find out a member of their crew,
Sam
With thanks to Edelweiss+ and Sourcebooks Casablanca for an eARC; this is an unbiased review (not a recap).

Amanda Bouchet excels at bringing great characterization, heart, heat🌡, and humor to her books; Starbreaker has those elements, plus really crisp plotting that keeps it all moving along nicely.

There are intimate moments that necessitate putting the cat out of the room, and they are v. smexy. A few fascinating new characters are folded into the crew of the Endeavor. Several surprising (and
Betül
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley, scifi, romance, 2020
Review will be posted closer to release date.
Sabrina
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved being back in this world Amanda Bouchet created! I really enjoyed Nightchaser and I couldn't wait to read Tess and Shade's next adventure! And this one did not disappoint. Picking up where the last book left off, Tess and Shade are back and are beginning to trust one another again. Tess knows that Shade is sorry for his initial betrayal but she can't help but hold on to a small part that is still hurt by it. Shade knows he messed up, but he will do whatever it takes to prove to Tess that ...more
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With amazing world building, so many story arcs within an overall story arc, diverse and yet in-depth characters, and intense emotional connections it's a wonder that Amanda Bouchet can keep it all straight in her mind. Starbreaker is the epic follow on from Nightchaser, and somehow I think it's even better than the first, which is no mean feat. In Starbreaker we see if Tess and Shade have what it takes to stand against the test of time, especially when there is a bit of tension due to past ...more
melissafandomworld
Jul 29, 2019 is currently reading it
I am so exciiiited for this one! Nightchaser was amazing and I really can't wait to see how the story continues. Read my review for Nightchaser my link text
April 2020 feels so far away right now though, lol.

my BLOGmy INSTAGRAM | my FACEBOOK | my TWITTER

Feb 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review to come
Lady Heather

Publication Date: April 28, 2020

"A copy of this ARC has been provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review."
Kelly
Jan 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
Please please please, let me have an ARC via Netgalley. I loved the first book so much! *fingers crossed*
A Klue
It takes teamwork to survive the turmoil and hot water this main couple keep finding themselves, especially right off the bat, as they navigate the galaxy and the dark force they need to extinguish. Good thing for them they have a small posse of compadre rebels fighting alongside them for the same very good cause. Speaking of which, the bad guy here could give Darth Vader a run for his money! Yeah, keep that in mind. The backdrop has a Star Wars type feel to it.

Tess, the heroine, has a
Yara
Mar 30, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a good installment to the series, however there were several things I had a problem with. It definitely suffered of 'middle child syndrome' and I really hope book 3 redeems this one. The last 20% or so of the book was way better, enough to convince me to still want to continue with the series.

Things I enjoyed: I really enjoyed Tess and Shade's relationship development. It was nice to get Shade's POV so we can get to know him better. I also liked getting more of the relationships between
ancaraisa
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This is the second installment in the Endeavor series and is told from alternating points of view between Tess and Shade. Amanda Bouchet manages to sketch beautiful characters and drawn such a rich world with so many different planets and people that you can feel you belong right in the heart of the story. Starbreaker is full of action, fighting scenes, plotting, rescue missions, capture and escape plans, but the
Handcrafted Librarian
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Starbreaker is books two of the Endeavor trilogy, which is Amanda Bouchet's second ever trilogy. The Kingmaker Chronicles was so amazing that it was hard to match that level of awesomeness again.

Bouchet's trilogies are VERY MUCH must read in order to understand what's happening. If you have not read the first book, Nightchaser, than you will have no idea what is happening. Starbreaker starts shortly after Nighchaser with the Tess, Shade and the crew of the Endeavor onto their next mission from
Rolé
Mar 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
-- This review can also be found on my blog www.hookedbythatbook.com --

This book starts off with Tess and Shade and the crew of the Endeavor finding themselves in a potentially sticky situation, again. And the rebel leaders have tasked them with the rescue of one of their own scientists. It will not be an easy rescue, but then when has anything ever been easy for them?

Tess and Shade are still the same great characters as before. They are fully committed to each other, though Tess still has some
Ang
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Hmmmm.

Good and bad. I think this suffers a bit from the middle book syndrome. You gotta get between two major plot points SOMEHOW. (The food container heist seemed like such a dumb decision. Like, WHY on Earth would you even, with the big kahuna coming up? And then the actual big thing was like...not big? In terms of pages and description. I get that the container heist happened so that (view spoiler) but really? There was no other way?)

But
Lora
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm officially a HUGE Amanda Bouchet fan. I love her characters and their relationships. I appreciate the multiple perspectives telling the story. In this particular series, I love the found family. This is an exciting adventure. I would be lulled into a sense of security enjoying the growth of a relationship only to find the next hitch thrown at me. What will happen next? And with the end of this book I was truly left needing know what will happen in the next book. Help me please! I need to ...more

• Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
  • A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
  • Fury Unleashed (Forgotten Brotherhood, #1)
  • Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • The Virgin and the Rogue (The Rogue Files, #6)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • A Heart of Blood and Ashes (A Gathering of Dragons, #1)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Beach Read
  • The Kingmaker Chronicles Complete Set
  • Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • An Heiress to Remember (The Gilded Age Girls Club, #3)
  • A Duke is Never Enough (The Spitfire Society #2)
  • Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
Amanda Bouchet grew up in New England where she spent much of her time tromping around in the woods and making up grand adventures in her head. It was inevitable that one day she would start writing them down. She writes what she loves to read: epic exploits, steamy romance, and characters that make you laugh and cry.

Amanda is a French master's graduate and former English teacher. She lives in

Endeavor (2 books)
  • Nightchaser (Endeavor, #1)

News & Interviews