Start by marking “Starbreaker (Endeavor, #2)” as Want to Read:
Starbreaker (Endeavor, #2)

Starbreaker

(Endeavor #2)

THEY NEVER WANTED TO BE HEROES

Captain Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavan are still the galaxy's Most Wanted, and with revolution in the wind and the universe on the brink of catastrophic war, the situation couldn't be more desperate. Despite the Dark Watch scouring the known sectors for them, rebel leaders have handed the crew of the Endeavor a delicate and dangerous mission:
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 448 pages
Expected publication: April 28th 2020 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Starbreaker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starbreaker

Start your review of Starbreaker (Endeavor, #2)
Maria Vale
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Volume 1 of the Endeavor series but having said that, I loved this even more. Captain Tess Bailey is a Nightchaser, a space pirate/Robin Hood who brings supplies to those oppressed by the Overseer and his vicious Dark Watch. Shade Ganavan is the bounty hunter who betrayed her then gave up everything to get her back. When two missions collide--one very personal--Tess is forced to confront the secrets of her past in the heart of Imperial darkness.

As in Kingmaker, Bouchet creates a heroine
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Well the first one was utterly addicting to me, so how can I not right?

I just pray this sequel doesn't take a nose dive like what happened with her previous series, Kingmaker Chronicles.
Dísir
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavan—fresh off their reunion post-betrayal in the first book—have large bounties on their heads; the latter is facing a new life and the prospect of being a rebel and the ‘wrong’ side of the galactic law so to speak.There’re multiple shades of Star Wars in here, but it’sone that ‘Starbreaker’ plunges us into: a rolling journey of ups and downs, unexpected fire-fights, close escapes and world-turning events.

The hardest part of reading a second installment that comes years
Jane
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Amanda Bouchet and this new series is really good. This is the second book in the series and is told from alternating points of view between Tess and Shade. I really enjoyed it.
Lynn
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Captain Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavan have a monumental task rescuing a scientist, Reena Ahem, whose work is vital to a ruined planet that the seriously evil Overseer poisoned. Even if they can break into Starbase 12, where the Overseer often resides, the odds are not in their favor to complete this critical mission. For the crew of the Endeavor, help comes from an unexpected source with Tess learning that much of what she thought was real about her past is shockingly not true.

Tess and Shade
Katie
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's so rare that a sequel is even better than the first book in a series, but somehow Starbreaker managed to outdo Nightchaser. Maybe it's because the hero and heroine are securely together which means there's sexual tension without that insane fear that somehow they won't end up together (am I the only one who worries about that in a romance novel? Like... they have to end up together. It's the law. So, why am I constantly freaking out thinking that last little break up is real. Sigh.) ...more
Chelsea
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bouchet opens up the world, but never loses the heart of her story: Tess & Shade. I didn't think I could love them more. I was wrong. Rich worldbuilding and deep character arcs abound. Be prepared to devour STARBREAKER.
Beth
I received this ARC copy of Starbreaker from SOURCEBOOKS Casablanca. This is my honest and voluntary review. Starbreaker is set for publication April 28, 2020.
Sam
With thanks to Edelweiss+ and Sourcebooks Casablanca for an eARC; this is an unbiased review (not a recap).

Amanda Bouchet excels at bringing great characterization, heart, heat, and humor to her books; Starbreaker has those elements, plus really crisp plotting that keeps it all moving along nicely.

There are intimate moments that necessitate putting the cat out of the room, and they are v. smexy. A few fascinating new characters are folded into the crew of the Endeavor. Several surprising (and
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With amazing world building, so many story arcs within an overall story arc, diverse and yet in-depth characters, and intense emotional connections it's a wonder that Amanda Bouchet can keep it all straight in her mind. Starbreaker is the epic follow on from Nightchaser, and somehow I think it's even better than the first, which is no mean feat. In Starbreaker we see if Tess and Shade have what it takes to stand against the test of time, especially when there is a bit of tension due to past ...more
melissafandomworld
Jul 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases
I am so exciiiited for this one! Nightchaser was amazing and I really can't wait to see how the story continues. Read my review for Nightchaser my link text
April 2020 feels so far away right now though, lol.

my BLOGmy INSTAGRAM | my FACEBOOK | my TWITTER
Kelly
Jan 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: new-releases
Please please please, let me have an ARC via Netgalley. I loved the first book so much! *fingers crossed*
Handcrafted Librarian
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Starbreaker is books two of the Endeavor trilogy, which is Amanda Bouchet's second ever trilogy. The Kingmaker Chronicles was so amazing that it was hard to match that level of awesomeness again.

Bouchet's trilogies are VERY MUCH must read in order to understand what's happening. If you have not read the first book, Nightchaser, than you will have no idea what is happening. Starbreaker starts shortly after Nighchaser with the Tess, Shade and the crew of the Endeavor onto their next mission from
Ang
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Hmmmm.

Good and bad. I think this suffers a bit from the middle book syndrome. You gotta get between two major plot points SOMEHOW. (The food container heist seemed like such a dumb decision. Like, WHY on Earth would you even, with the big kahuna coming up? And then the actual big thing was like...not big? In terms of pages and description. I get that the container heist happened so that (view spoiler) but really? There was no other way?)

But
Heike
Feb 14, 2020 marked it as lost-interest
Shelves: arc, romance-sifi
Unfortunately this is a book that can not be read as a stand alone, and since I did not read the first book I had to give up after I was still confused about the characters after a quarter into the book.

My biggest problem was: I did not like the main protagonists. I would hope if I would have known more about their history I might have understood their choices better. Maybe. As is I wasn't even intrigued enough to search out the first book to read.
Sandra Berryman
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read the first book in this series I was looking forward to reading this book. Maybe not as powerful as the first book but still lots of action with some romance. With the combination of romance, science fiction and action, this series is definitely worth reading. I can't wait for the next one. I received an e-book from NetGalley in return for an unbiased review.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavan are in it deep again. Both have secrets in their past and both want forgiveness for thing done and gone. This is a middle book and it has all the hallmarks. Several problems, a lot of tension and danger, some romance, a secret from the past revealed and nothing permanent solved. A good read but should be more to come.
Kristen
Jan 30, 2020 marked it as to-read
arc received from netgalley in exchange for honest review
Melanie C. Duncan
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review submitted to Library Journal.
Christine
Dec 21, 2019
Fae Crate
Feb 07, 2020

• The Honey-Don't List
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
  • A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)
  • Beach Read
  • The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • The Kingmaker Chronicles Complete Set
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • Lethal Game (GhostWalkers, #16)
  • An Heiress to Remember (The Gilded Age Girls Club, #3)
  • Something to Talk About
  • Deal with the Devil (Mercenary Librarians, #1)
  • In Five Years
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes #2)
  • Hood Feminism: Notes from the Women That a Movement Forgot
Amanda Bouchet grew up in New England where she spent much of her time tromping around in the woods and making up grand adventures in her head. It was inevitable that one day she would start writing them down. She writes what she loves to read: epic exploits, steamy romance, and characters that make you laugh and cry.

Amanda is a French master's graduate and former English teacher. She lives in

Endeavor (2 books)
  • Nightchaser (Endeavor, #1)