Start by marking “Starbreaker (Endeavor, #2)” as Want to Read:
Starbreaker (Endeavor, #2)

Starbreaker

(Endeavor #2)

THEY NEVER WANTED TO BE HEROES

Captain Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavan are still the galaxy's Most Wanted, and with revolution in the wind and the universe on the brink of catastrophic war, the situation couldn't be more desperate. Despite the Dark Watch scouring the known sectors for them, rebel leaders have handed the crew of the Endeavor a delicate and dangerous mission: b
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 448 pages
Published April 28th 2020 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Starbreaker, please sign up.
Cheryl There will be a third one, but Amanda hasn't started writing it yet.…moreThere will be a third one, but Amanda hasn't started writing it yet.(less)

Start your review of Starbreaker (Endeavor, #2)
Katerina
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heists, scorching romance and space rebels, oh my!

The escape to a galaxy far, far away was never more tempting, since the world seems intent on destroying itself nowadays. And Amanda Bouchet gives you exactly what you need: adventure, high-stakes missions, strong friendships and a couple to set the universe on fire (I just hope that her story is not prophetic, and that the colonization of other planets and moons is not the only way to get rid of the pandemic).
❝Break into Starbase 12. Bring Reena
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Starbreaker by Amanda Bouchette

2nd book in the Endeavor series. Science fiction romance adventure. Rebels against the Dark Watch and Overseer. A female Captain fighting for the poor. Best to read the first book, Nightchaser, for the extensive world building.

Zero to sixty percent was a bit slow. More romance and relationships. Sweet while building up the galaxy and back story of Shade. 61% to the end was a race of desperation, of fighting, planning, escaping, fear, death, fighting, and trying to
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I had a really good time with this book. This is the second book in the Nightchaser series which is a series that is best read in order since this book picks up shortly after the events of the first installment. I really enjoyed the first book in the series and was pretty eager to see what Tess and Shade would face in this installment. I found this book to be enjoyable from beginning to end.

One of the things that I really liked about
Maria Vale
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sfr
I loved Volume 1 of the Endeavor series but having said that, I loved this even more. Captain Tess Bailey is a Nightchaser, a space pirate/Robin Hood who brings supplies to those oppressed by the Overseer and his vicious Dark Watch. Shade Ganavan is the bounty hunter who betrayed her then gave up everything to get her back. When two missions collide--one very personal--Tess is forced to confront the secrets of her past in the heart of Imperial darkness.

As in Kingmaker, Bouchet creates a heroine
Jen Davis
Mar 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Let me start by saying that I absolutely adored the first book in the series. I feel like I need to say that because maybe I just wasn’t in the right headspace when I read this one. I… struggled. Not with everything. There were some parts I really enjoyed. But it took me a full week to read this as opposed to the single day it took me to fly through Nightchaser. And I found myself gritting my teeth more than once.

This story picks up right on the heels of the last one. Tess and Shade are together
Juliette Cross
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a thrilling ride! Bouchet is a queen at world-building and creating characters with depth, strength, and vulnerability. And she does not disappoint here. This second installment in the Endeavor series includes a kickass heroine in Tess who fights for the good of others and a complex hero in Shade whose growth and slow self-realization makes for compelling storytelling.

While their relationship is fragile--Tess being still distrustful after Shade's near betrayal, as she should be--their
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I love watching Sci Fi movies but I don't usually grab a Sci Fi book to read. This author has proved that I would enjoy that read just as much as watching the movie.

On that note, this should be made into a movie. I would love to see these characters come alive. I could really visualize these scenes as they were happening and I think it would make for an exciting movie.

Just like the first book, this gripped me from the very beginning, we learn a few secrets and we get a ton of nail biting action
Cindy ✩☽♔
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
It wasn’t bad, but I didn’t love it as much as the first book.
Angela
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Starbreaker picks up right where Nightchaser left off. I was incredibly anxious to see how Tess and Shade were going to become even closer.

One of the things that I really appreciated about Nightchaser, is that Tess and Shade had a real relationship struggle. As we learned in the last book, Shade had previously been a bounty hunter for the Dark Watch. And they both know it’s quite likely he’d “apprehended” friends of Tess, fellow Nightchasers. Tess, naturally, finds it difficult to get past this.
Gio Listmaker
May 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone Who Loves Sci Fi Low Angst Romance
Recommended to Gio by: Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
Not A Stand-Alone!!

"One risk after another. Provide for those in need. Further the rebellion."

While-Reading The Second Book In This Series I Toggled Between Shock, OMG, And FUCK!

50 Best Shocked Cat images | Funny cats, Crazy cats, Funny animals

A Cross Between Mission Impossible And Star Wars

Battlestar Galactica Bill Adama GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

In This Installment, We Get Questions Answered And More Suprise Reveals

What Is Uncle Bridgebann Up Too? Who Is He?

Nathaniel Bridgebane

More Badass Female Characters

Mwende Sanaa Is My Girl!!

Quellcrist Falconer Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com

Sexual Tension And Chemistry Sparks Fly Between The Side Characters

We Get A Duel POV From Shade And Tes
Karen  ⚜Mess⚜
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Starbreaker begins with a slight anxiety atmosphere which quickly leads to full action. Then it gently settles you in a vivid visual on a jungle planet. Snuggled in between all this Amanda Bouchet nestles in recaps of Nightchaser. All this in the first 25% of the story.

Tess and Shade are one of my all time favorite book couples. The connection and energy between the two of them is so easy to fall into and relate to. In a word, the sex is out-of-this-world. Tess and Shade aren't the only love i

Melissasfandomworld
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finished reading April 22nd. 5 beautiful stars!
This wonderful space adventure was such a fantastic read. Full review to come soon!

-------
I am so exciiiited for this one! Nightchaser was amazing and I really can't wait to see how the story continues. Read my review for Nightchaser my link text
April 2020 feels so far away right now though, lol.

my BLOGmy INSTAGRAM | my FACEBOOK | my TWITTER
Dísir
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavan—fresh off their reunion post-betrayal in the first book—have large bounties on their heads; the latter is facing a new life and the prospect of being a rebel and the ‘wrong’ side of the galactic law so to speak. There’re multiple shades of Star Wars in here, but it’s one that ‘Starbreaker’ plunges us into: a rolling journey of ups and downs, unexpected fire-fights, close escapes and world-turning events.

The hardest part of reading a second installment that comes yea
TJ
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm not usually a big Sci-Fi fan and only picked this series up because I adored Ms. Bouchet's historical fantasy series. Wow! I'm glad I did! This installment is just as riveting, exciting and fabulous as the first book. Bravo, Ms. Bouchet! You have won a die-hard fan! ...more
☕️Kimberly
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2020
I love the crew of the Endeavor. After the events of Nightchaser, Captain Tess Bailey, Shade, and the remaining crew (Jaxon Boudreau, Fiona Winterly, and Merrick Maddox) of the Endeavor are still the galaxy’s Most Wanted. In fact, the bounty has tripled for some of them.

Together with Bonk, the cat, they take us along on a fast-paced adventure filled with heists, rescues, and break-ins before Tess has to face down family issues and deal with the Overseer.

The romance between Tess and Shade is heat
Joan
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Superbly done!

Starbreaker, the second book in the Endeavor trilogy, is an exciting, action-packed, futuristic adventure that keep me enthralled from beginning to end.

The Endeavor team are a small band of rebels lead by Captain Tess Bailey, previously revealed as Quintessa Novalight. Tess is a brilliant, intelligent, and compassionate character, the type of heroine I can stand up for and would want as a friend if she were real. Too often “badass warrior women” are caricatures who come across as
Katie
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's so rare that a sequel is even better than the first book in a series, but somehow Starbreaker managed to outdo Nightchaser. Maybe it's because the hero and heroine are securely together which means there's sexual tension without that insane fear that somehow they won't end up together (am I the only one who worries about that in a romance novel? Like... they have to end up together. It's the law. So, why am I constantly freaking out thinking that last little break up is real. Sigh.) Anyways ...more
Jenica
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sff-romance
Starbreaker by Amanda Bouchet picks up more or less right where Nightchaser left off, with us following the adventures of the Endeavor and the remaining crew members, as well as the romance between Tess and Shade. If you've not read Nightchaser probably don't read this review because I'll try not to spoil anything, but I have some specific thoughts that will give you some clues about how Nightchaser ends.

It's hard for me to review this book, because it wasn't bad, it just wasn't really what I w
Lynn
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Captain Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavan have a monumental task rescuing a scientist, Reena Ahem, whose work is vital to a ruined planet that the seriously evil Overseer poisoned. Even if they can break into Starbase 12, where the Overseer often resides, the odds are not in their favor to complete this critical mission. For the crew of the Endeavor, help comes from an unexpected source with Tess learning that much of what she thought was real about her past is shockingly not true.

Tess and Shade are
Jane
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Amanda Bouchet and this new series is really good. This is the second book in the series and is told from alternating points of view between Tess and Shade. I really enjoyed it.
Bookphenomena (Micky)
The world of the Endeavor is one that I’m fully on board with. I really enjoyed being back with Tess, Shade, Jax and Merrick in particular. This crew are a family, found family and I have all the needy vibes now for book three.

As with book one, this was a fast-paced read, for all nearly 500 pages of it. Sometimes, I felt like I had to hold on tight with the drama and I let it sweep me along; that’s not a negative, just a sense of the tension this read brings.

I knew in book one that there was som
FV Angela
Review originally posted at https://smexybooks.com/2020/04/angela...

Y’all. This was good. So, so good. Like grab you from the first page and keep you reading right up until the last page good. Like stay up until 2:30 in the morning good. (Yes, I did that.) I really enjoyed the first book in the series and was super excited for this next installment, but Ms. Bouchet takes this series to the next level in Starbreaker.

For starters, the when the book opens the Nightchaser crew of the Endeavor are ma
Marta Cox
Mar 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Four and a half
If you enjoyed Nightchaser than you will be overjoyed to discover that this book is even better ! Tess and Shade are a couple who are making great strides in their relationship but it's never going to be easy as Shade nearly betrayed Tess before. Still they are both learning what it really means to trust each other and their latest job of rescuing a scientist has them facing quite the grand adventure ! If Tess had doubts about Shade then they are nothing compared to her conflictin
Lady Heather
Publication Date: April 28, 2020

"I'm voluntarily reading an ARC of this book which has been provided by the publisher via Netgalley."
Betül
Mar 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**
description

Starbreaker continues the story of Tess Bailey, who is a very fierce heroine. Like the previous book Nightchaser, this one is also action-packed, romantic at the right moments, and suspenseful. The trust between Tess and her love interest Shade was broken, but they both are trying to deal with them in this book. I loved seeing them grow stronger as individuals and as a couple. They are such a great and strong match. I also enjoyed g
Beth
I did not think Starbreaker would be even better than the amazing Nightchaser, let’s just say I was thrilled with this book! Bouchet has written a fun, exciting, nail biting, epic, space odyssey that will blow you away.

Captain Quintessa “Tess” Bailey is our heroine and was Shade Ganavan’s bounty in Nightchaser. Struggling with the new relationship dynamics after the initial betrayal then turns around, Shade must win back Tess’s trust while they traverse the treachery of the Overseer and his Dar
Chelsea
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bouchet opens up the world, but never loses the heart of her story: Tess & Shade. I didn't think I could love them more. I was wrong. Rich worldbuilding and deep character arcs abound. Be prepared to devour STARBREAKER. ...more
Julia C. Fernandes
THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD

I had so much fun reading this book. It was fast-paced, action-packed, sexy and full of the feels.

My one note on the previous book was that it lacked actual time in space, since they spent most of their time in just one planet. Therefore I was very glad that we visited so many new planets and moons and ships. ugh it was so cool.

Tess was as cool as always. a super badass space captain who knew what she was capable of and embraced her duty to save the universe. But I also like
Anne - Books of My Heart
Apr 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 7arcs, coyer, 2020
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Whoa! Buckle up; this rollercoaster takes off like a rocket and never runs out of fuel! As the Endeavor series continues, I wondered how Tess and Shade would develop and Shade's integration with the rest of her crew.  I was glad to see them have a little time alone - BAM - no time for that - there's an impossible miss
Cassia
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Eventhough, I hadn't read the first one, I didn't feel lost at all as there were lots of hints to what had happened in the first book so I had a good idea of the character's background. I loved the crew dynamic and the characters as individuals, particularly Tess and Shade. All the characters were pretty complex and had multiple layers which I loved. I think the dual perspective was very well done. Rhe stakes were really high and I loved the humour among the crew as well. (Hop ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Chaos Reigning (Consortium Rebellion, #3)
  • American Dreamer (Dreamers #1)
  • Blitzed (Playbook, #3)
  • The Kingmaker Chronicles Complete Set
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The Queen's Triumph (Rogue Queen, #3)
  • Deal with the Devil (Mercenary Librarians, #1)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Beach Read
  • Aurora Blazing (Consortium Rebellion, #2)
  • Akin
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • Threshold of Annihilation (The Firebird Chronicles, #3)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • In Five Years
Amanda Bouchet grew up in New England where she spent much of her time tromping around in the woods and making up grand adventures in her head. It was inevitable that one day she would start writing them down. She writes what she loves to read: epic exploits, steamy romance, and characters that make you laugh and cry.

Amanda is a French master's graduate and former English teacher. She lives in Par

Endeavor (2 books)
  • Nightchaser (Endeavor #1)

News & Interviews

“Sometimes, I think about it – us, together – and everything gets so tight and hot and wound up inside me that I can’t breathe anymore.” 3 likes
“Let’s go inside before a Sector-hopping horde of hungry flervers smells your fear and zeroes in on us from across the galaxy.”
“Don’t make fun of me.”
I put my hand over my heart. “I would never.”
Tess’s scowl didn’t fool me. The humor in her eyes told the real story. “They’ll eat you first. More muscle.”
“If it keeps you alive, I’m happy to sacrifice my biceps.”
2 likes