Start by marking “More To Life” as Want to Read:
More To Life

More To Life

More To Life centers around the highs and lows of mental illness. Through brave and vulnerable poetry, Jacob shares original works to convey a clear perspective of how one's upbringing can influence his or her future.
Published January 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about More To Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More To Life

Oh, The Places You'll Go! by Dr. SeussHow the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. SeussThe Princess Bride by William GoldmanMore To Life by Jacob LasherWhere the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
Must Reads Now!
328 books — 213 voters
Wrapped Up In Brown Paper And Other Poems by Peter   JohnA Conceptual Circus by Kenneth Jarrett SingletonRevel by Michael IndemaioMore To Life by Jacob LasherThe Ipswich Bus by Robbie Franklin
Goodreads Poets
212 books — 267 voters

More lists with this book...

Andreas Michaelides
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
MORE TO LIFE by Jacob Lasher is a beautiful collection of short and long poems that have as a primary goal to heal the heart of people that are suffering from mental illness.Poetry for me is something deeply personal, and I take my hat off to the author that took the big step to present to the world his soul through his poems.The book is separated into four parts. Cause and Effect, The Unraveling, The Titanic’s Foundat
Beverly Maier
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Journey

This book is actually one that I enjoyed reading. I enjoy reading poetry that comes from the heart, poetry that comes from the soul. Words that make me feel something. I love contemporary poetry, but a lot of the 1-4 liners are like songs on repeat. Mundane. Repetitive. This book is not that way. I gave it five stars because of the content itself. I gave it five stars because the author takes you on a journey through a life of abuse and his struggle with mental health because of it. As
Jacob Rundle
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Poetry isn't the sect of the writing spectrum, but Jacob Lasher's poems are moving. You can feel the emotion in his words. I give him 5/5 because of the emotional response that his writing stirred within me. They all are simplistic but powerful. Tales of abuse, the scars that accompany, and how one lives his or her life with those scars.
Dawn Dawn
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off, wow. Reading this book has just been truly an eye-opening journey on what it's like to live inside your mind filled with chaos, and to know what it truly means to suffer on your own.

The book is a collection of poetry and prose that mainly focuses on mental illnesses and how it affects people in different perspectives. It's like seeing the world through the characters' eyes, and peeking into their subconscious and their innermost thoughts.

The writing is exceptional, with words weaved
G. LPC
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars due to some minor yet distracting typos and grammar problems. However, totally worth reading from beginning to end anyway.

Lasher takes the reader section by section on the journey of a survivor. Surviving many challenges, each difficult in and of itself to survive, let alone all together including: childhood sexual assault, mental health challenges, addiction, suicide, self-harm, identity, and sexual orientation.

What I learned was Lasher's ability to face those challenges head on,
Lilia Perez
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More To Life by Jacob Lasher made a huge impression on me. I have read wonderful poems and prose and I still very impressed. Emotions overwhelm me. Jacob Lashe is very talented sings. He managed so accurately and deeply to describe the feelings and experiences of people who experience incredible emotions and experiences that I felt these emotions on myself. Empathy and the ability to better understand the world of other people and their feelings are great gift for our souls. I love poetry very m ...more
T.J.
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book of narrative poetry is a beautiful, rich, sad and ultimately uplifting chronicle of a young man's endurance of child abuse and the resulting internal pain with which he still struggles. Much of the book is dark, but the overarching theme of hope for the future never fails to shine. The poetry itself is luminous. Highly recommended.
Laurie F
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the most important books for me. I read a lot, but More To Life by Jacob Lasher made a huge impression on me. Emotions overwhelmed me, and I still am impressed! Jacob Lasher is an incredibly talented writer! I am looking forward to his new books!
Marie Anne
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was refreshing and honest. Very different from any poetry book that I've ever read. I anticipate more from the author and hope I don't have to wait too long.
Elizabeth Reynolds