Start by marking “Fred and Leah: A True Life Second World War Drama of Love, Loss and Captivity” as Want to Read:
Fred and Leah: A True Life Second World War Drama of Love, Loss and Captivity

Fred and Leah: A True Life Second World War Drama of Love, Loss and Captivity

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  4 reviews
At a time of war, soldiers are not always the only casualties.On September 3rd, 1939, Fred knew he would have no choice but to go to France and fight. However, when he found himself among the thousands of men stranded after the Dunkirk evacuation, he had no idea when he would see his wife Leah and his two children again.Leah is left trying to raise her two children by hers ...more
Published January 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Fred and Leah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fred and Leah

really liked it 4.00  ·

Samantha Henthorn
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
My mother was a 'war baby' and often spoke of this fact when I was growing up. So when I saw this historical fiction story I wanted to read it. Leah gives birth just as Fred is sent off to war, it is very well written of the time. What I have read, is the first 74 pages, I am interested to know what happens next.
Sam
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, well written, great story but horrifying! This would not be my choice of book for entertainment as it has left me haunted by what the poor people were put through! Well researched & very informative, such a heartbreaking journey for them both!
Suzy Kelly
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

If you are interested in WWII, this is a must read. Follow Fred and Leah through the hardships they encountered during the war years.
Paula Sindberg
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading about Fred and Leah. Interesting historical fiction. Can’t wait for more to see what happens to them.

I received a review copy in return for an honest review.
Mickey Schwalm