Start by marking “The Price of Grace (Black Ops Confidential, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Price of Grace (Black Ops Confidential, #2)

The Price of Grace

(Black Ops Confidential #2)

Who can you trust
When family, truth, and love are all on the line?

Special Agent
Paperback, 1st edition, 352 pages
Published September 24th 2019 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about The Price of Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Price of Grace

Start your review of The Price of Grace (Black Ops Confidential, #2)
Berit☀️✨
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a fast paced action packed romantic thriller. Diane Munoz Stewart has spun a tale that was equal parts sizzle and suspense. Gracie was living a hard childhood until she was taken in by the Parish family. A family of badass vigilante assassin sisters. The family is full of secrets and Gracie knows it is her duty to hold onto them. Then Dusty enters the picture and he is determined to get to the bottom of this family’s secrets and missions. It isn’t long though before Dusty is caught up ...more
Jypsy
Oct 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you Sourcebooks and NetGalley for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

The Price Of Grace
By: Diana Munoz Stewart

*REVIEW*
Having not read the first book, I found The Price Of Grace confusing at times. It's a continuous story that will continue into a third book. I recommend reading in order. That being said, this story is suspenful, engaging and dramatic with some romance as well. Gracie is in a situation that is less than ideal. Dusty has
Sep 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

In the best possible way, this strange series gets even more odd with this second book. Gracie is another of the children adopted by Mukta Parish and trained to be a vigilante warrior fighting for oppressed women everywhere. Dusty is an FBI agent sent undercover to investigate the illegal aspects of Mukta’s vigilante empire. It’s a complicated relationship from the start and it’s further complicated when neither
Courtney
Sep 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
The Price of Grace is the second book in Diana's Black Ops Confidential series and while it's being listed as a standalone, there is an underlying second plot that ties the books together so I highly recommend them reading in order. I did not read the first book and while it doesn't hurt the story of Gracie and Dusty, I did like I wasn't getting whole story and that hurt the overall vibe of the book for me.

This is a very fast-paced, action-packed story with LOTS going on. Again, if you did not
Avid Reader
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Price of Grace (Black Ops Confidential #2) by Diana Munoz Stewart
M/F Mystery, Romance
Triggers: Blackmail, Murder
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Gracie is trying to recover from a bad op in Mexico. The family member that was lost is a hole in her heart. But, things need to get back to normal and after her mistake, she knows that she has to make up for what she did.

Darcy
This one got really messy for Gracie and her family. Gracie it seemed was trying to break away from them a little bit, to just be Gracie, not Gracie with a mission, not Gracie with the big family. The thing though...by the end of the book it seems like Gracie is very thankful for them, that she got to see them all through a different light as she let Dusty in and saw them all through his eyes and how the family all came together to save what was precious to her.

While this threat is now gone to
Patricia Gussin
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding! A perfect match of high octane action, thorny family secrets, and overpowering romance.
Marlene
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

Sometimes there’s justice, and sometimes there’s “just us”. This series is about a family that has decided where that line gets drawn, to be that “just us” for women all over the world who desperately need some of that justice. No matter who, or what, gets in the way.

This particular entry in the series is all about the price that gets paid, on both sides of the equation. The Price of Grace is the second book in the Black Ops Confidential series, after last
JoAnn
Aug 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
The Price of Grace just wasn’t the book for me. I just couldn’t get into this book. The author was new to me and the synopsis sounded good but I was very disappointed. Thanks to the publisher for my advance ebook. This is my unbiased review.
Steph
Jul 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
The description sounded good, but the execution was lacking. There was so much going on in this book, it was hard to get into. And it was confusing. I don't mind not being able follow along right away as long as it all intersects eventually with clarification. That didn't happen in this book. I made it to chapter 11 before I gave up. It just wasn't for me.
Doug Yonce
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Disjointed storyline; couldn’t seem to make up its mind what it wanted to do. Mystery? Romance? Thrillers? Adventures? Tried to do too many things instead of one thing well. I received an advanced digital copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Samantha
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Summary from Goodreads:

"Gracie Parish knows the true cost of trust. Rescued as a child by the infamous Parish family, she became a member of their covert sisterhood of vigilantes. Gracie saw her most precious relationships destroyed by secrecy. She learned long ago to protect her heart as well as her family's secrets.

Special Agent Leif "Dusty" McAllister will do anything to uncover the truth about the Parish family's covert operations. Dusty knows Gracie is his ticket in. He'll use everything
WycEd Reader
Check out our The Price of Grace post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Avid Reader –
M/F Mystery, Romance

Gracie is trying to recover from a bad op in Mexico. The family member that was lost is a hole in her heart. But things need to get back to normal and after her mistake, she knows that she has to make up for what she did.

Dusty is still trying to figure out how to get to the mastermind behind Gracie's family of vigilantes. He knows that there is more to it
Hannah
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Black Ops Confidential #2, this was so worth waiting a year for especially since the next one comes out next month (11-26-19). I really enjoyed this, it was non stop action packed romance. There is quite a bit that goes on but it all comes together in the end. Third person POV that jumps from certain people. You don't need to read the first one to be able to follow this one but it might help just to get the established characters down and the whole idea of the Family's true business.

When Gracie
Jessica (the naptime writer)
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
(I received a complimentary copy of this book from Netgalley but all opinions provided are my own.)

Gracie Parrish is a computer expert, bar owner, & member of a secret vigilante group comprised mostly of women who target those who target the vulnerable. In a moment of doubt months earlier, she sent an anonymous email to the FBI telling them part of her story—how she came to be part of the group and her less-than-fond feelings about it at that moment, & it brought FBI agent Leif
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

THE PRICE OF GRACE is the second story in the intense Romantic Suspense series, Black Ops Confidential by Diana Munoz Stewart. There are so many layers, twists, and turns to Gracie’s and Dusty’s story that both provide a tense, fast-paced story, but also that the reader needs to be paying attention as things might fly past without giving them the attention due. (and that is as close as I’m going to come to a spoiler).

There is a lot going on in THE PRICE OF GRACE. I
Living My Best Book Life
The Price of Grace was a unique romantic suspense with tough characters. This is the second book in Black Ops Confidential series from Diana Munoz Stewart.

The story follows vigilante, Gracie Parish. She didn't grow up in with the best childhood memories but was taken in by the infamous Parish family. She was trained with others to become part of a vigilante sisterhood. No one must know about this so keeping this a secret is key.

Special Agent Leif "Dusty" McAllister is determined to be the
Krysten
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I absolutely adore this series and that's weird for me because I didn't think I would. It's about the daughters in a family of vigilantes and that's not usually my thing. But mix in some sad backstories and some good ol' fashion sexiness and you've got me hooked.

I'd sort of forgotten what happened in the first book in the series, I Am Justice, but Diana Munoz Stewart does a great job of refreshing the memories of those that read the first book while also explaining things for those
Sara Strand
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
So... I read the first one and I liked it even though I didn't like the main character, Justice. She was almost too alpha for me. In this one we have Gracie and Dusty, and I liked Gracie here... thought Dusty was kind of an asshole? I mean, I came around and I liked them together and their chemistry but it took me a good chunk of the book to get there.

I will say this one is hard to put down because SO MUCH happens in this book and it almost feels like you're constantly bombarded with new
JG
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Price of Grace is the second book in a series that although it can be read as a stand alone it has a lot of overarching plots connected to the first book that its best to read this series in chronological order. But the series itself is really great to read especially if you have a lot of anger about societal issues with regards to women and children being abused. This is one vigilante family you really want on your side. There is a lot of violence and sex but there is a strong plot and ...more
Kari
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, kindle, for-review
The Price of Grace is the second book in the Black Ops Confidential series. This is Gracie and Dusty's story. I have to say that I did enjoy this one a bit more than the first book. I liked Gracie and Dusty together. Their relationship was more believable. The book has a lot packed into it and is full of action. I'm not sure if I would say that this could be read as a stand alone. It has been over a year since I read the first book and it took me a while to reorient myself to the series. I would ...more
Debbie Caswell
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
She is a member of the infamous Parrish maybe not by birth but by upbringing and she is struggling with it. She owns a club but her on the side activity is to rescue abused woman and exact revenge on their behalf. She is trying to distance herself from he family as she just wants to be Gracie for a while not just a member of the Parrish family but can you ever walk away from family Then she meets FBI agent Dusty he is investigating her family and has she looks at them through his eyes she has to ...more
Justine Barr
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Price of Grace is a fast paced, thrill ride of a romance novel!

Gracie Parish, adopted by a family of vigilantes, has been living a life of extremes, when in walks a smoldering FBI agent who turns all she used to know upside down!

Add into the mix her estranged son, a young orphan girl with something to prove, and a politician with an enormous secret and you’ve got an epic story filled with action movie sequences and romance novel fire.

Diana Munoz Stewart has crafted an adrenaline
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I’ve never read anything by this author before so I didn’t know what to expect. The book starts out promising but just fell short for me. Grace is a club owner and a member of a vigilante family. She has lots of secrets and someone is trying to harm her. Dusty is a FBI agent investigating her family.He is drawn to her. There is a lot going on sometimes to much. I didn’t love this book but I didn’t hate it. I’m just somewhere in the middle.
Sara
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great read that keeps you on the edge of your seat through to the very end. So much action and mystery it leaves you guessing as to how it all comes together and admittedly I didn’t have it all figured out and I really enjoyed that.

The only issue I had was that the book seemed to jump all over at times and I’d have to go back to make sure I was following right so it took me a little longer to read than normal.
Regina Kiddy
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book! This book was about Grace and Dusty. You can read it as a stand alone. Grace is the owner of a club. On the side she rescues abused women. She is part of an intriguing family by the name of Parrish. Dusty is an FBI agent sent to investigate the Parrish family and their extracurricular activities. Can Grace and Dusty get past her family and what the do to find a love of their own?

I read this book as an arc from NetGalley
Helena#bookdreamer
Thank you netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This was a decent undercover romance with a spunky heroine determined to save innocent people and finding her way back to her son. The hero is a hot, undercover cowboy who becomes protective and attracted to Dusty but the secrets between makes it hard to trust each other. Action packed and hot.
Navjyot
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series . I liked it as much as the first . I like that the central characters are women . Grace is torn between what her family does and what she believes is right. In the course of this story both her and Dusty come to the realization that it is not black and white.
The romance is instant and hot . It also keeps the story moving .
Terri-Lynne DeFino
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s hard to review this one without spoilers. There are so many fantastic twists and turns, emotion, sizzle. When you think you know where it’s going...it’s not! I Am Justice fans will NOT be disappointed. IMO, The Price Of Grace is even better. And I almost just accidentally included a spoiler. Delete! Find out for yourself.
Linda Flexon
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I purchased the audiobook and it was fantastic. I was sucked into the story right away, and didn’t want to stop listening. I love the premise of a family of women vigilantes and it’s a great romantic suspense that will keep you guessing. The reader on the audiobook was very good. Enjoy the read!

• Nothing to Fear (Final Hour #2)
  • Silent Evidence (Evidence, #8)
  • The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga, #1)
  • I See You (Criminal Profiler, #2)
  • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
  • Smoke in her Eyes (The Wanderer Book #2)
  • Fallen (Deep Ops, #2)
  • My Kind of Wonderful (Cedar Ridge, #2)
  • The Widow of Rose House
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • The Widow of Pale Harbor
  • Christmas from the Heart
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Close to You
  • Cooking Up Trouble (The Brides of Blossom, Texas, #2)
  • Wrapped Up In Christmas
  • Beyond the Darkness (Darkness, #3)
Armed with a razor-sharp wit and a rolled-up MFA in Creative Writing, Diana Muñoz Stewart cartwheel-kicked her way into publishing with her fiery Black Ops Confidential series. Washington Independent Review of Books called the series’ award-winning debut, “original, impressive” a “rollicking good ride” and “high-octane.”

Of her writing Publishers Weekly said, “Stewart plays adeptly with the reader’

Black Ops Confidential (3 books)
  • I Am Justice (Black Ops Confidential, #1)
  • The Cost of Honor (Black Ops Confidential, #3)