Start by marking “Outlaws (Royal Academy Rebels, #2)” as Want to Read:
Outlaws (Royal Academy Rebels, #2)

Outlaws

(Royal Academy Rebels #2)

The second installment in a brand-new series from Jen Calonita, set in the world of Fairy Tale Reform School! Not everyone born royal is meant to rule…

After being banished to the Hollow Woods following their discovery of Headmistress Olivina's secret villainy, a note from an ally urges Devin and her friends to go in search of Red Riding Hood, who they believe can help
Published October 1st 2019 by Sourcebooks Young Readers

Start your review of Outlaws (Royal Academy Rebels, #2)
Jean  Bengtson
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books
This book was a delight to read. I loved the characters and the antics that get into. I would recommend it to anyone who still believes in fairy tales.
Jen Calonita
Laurie
Interest Level: 3-6; Reading Level: 4.7

What would you do if you were kicked out of school, banished to the middle of the forbidden forest, and brought shame to your family? This is what has happened to the Royal Academy Rebels - Devin, Sasha, Logan, Heath, and Raina - all because they disagreed with how the fairy godmother was running the academy. When this group of friends suspected that Olivina was in cahoots with certain villains, Olivina did the only thing she knows how to do when she is
Brittany
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying that I love all books written by Jen Calonita and as soon as I saw this book on Netgalley I knew I had to request it.

Outlaws continues right where Misfits left off. Devin and her friends have been banished from Royal Academy and are determined to find Red Riding Hood in the hopes that she will help them. Instead, they come across vigilantes who have their own stories and secrets to hide and share. Can Devin and her friends learn how to work with these vigilantes to expose
Meghan
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as an ARC from Sourcebooks Publishing in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I an a fan of the Fairy Tale Reform School series even more now because of this book. I have always been a life long lover of fairy tales especially fairy tales with a modern twist just like Jen Calonita put on red riding hood in this series. While reading this book I could not help but imagine the TV series Once Upon a Time and how
Darla
Sep 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I really loved "Misfits" and was looking forward to seeing what happens next for Devin and her fellow outcasts. There were some really great plot developments in this second installment, but I found myself a bit bored and confused at times. What was with the kobolds? I just did not think they added any value. My favorite thing about Devin is her ability to converse with animals and that is what keeps me from rating this below a 3.

Thank you to Sourcebook Kids and NetGalley for a digital ARC in
Lorie Barber
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 2nd book in the Royal Academy Rebels series, Outlaws is written by the author of the The Fairy Tale Reform School series. I am grateful to her and to Sourcebooks for the advanced copy.

I loved this book. The reader is dropped right into the middle of the action and yet I didn’t feel like I needed to have read the first one (Misfits.) The fractured fairy-Tale is really fun and, like Bridget Hodder’s The Rat Prince, Outlaws also weaves in allegories of feminism, classism, and prejudice
Ms. Yingling
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
E ARC from Edelweiss Plus

I love this author, and this is a fun series, but there was a big trend toward fairy tale books a couple of years ago, so I have a lot in my library, and students aren't picking them up. Will sadly pass on purchase, but a great choice for libraries where these books are popular!
Sharon Tyler
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Outlaws is the second book in the Royal Academy Rebels series by Jen Calonita. It is currently scheduled for release on October 1 2019. I do highly recommend having read the first book in the series before this one. It would be good to have read the Fairy Tale Reform School series as well, but that is not quite as important as Misfits.

Mandy
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Middle grade fantasy, second in a series. I have enjoyed several other books by this author, so I knew what to expect. I love the original stories with familiar characters. This book takes place immediately after Misfits. Devin and her friends find themselves not only kicked out of school, but completely banished from Enchantasia. As they struggle to find their way through the forest, they find themselves trapped. It turns out there is another group of former Royal academy students out there, ...more
April
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
Outlaws follows Devin, Logan, Heath, Sasha and Raina after they are banished by Olivinia. They meet up with Tara, Prue and Corden in the forest.
Devin isn’t content to be safe. She wants to reveal Olivinia’s treachery to the royals and the people.
End of the book contains a confrontation and revelation.
This second book was quite a bit better than the first book in the Royal Academy Rebels series.
Here are some moments that get your blood pumping, but the content is entirely appropriate for a
Jennifer Guyor Jowett
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this spunky fairytale adventure with determined and authentic characters. Perfect for tweens looking to delve into the twists created for familiar fairytale plots.
The reader
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wish the book ended much later than it did.
I feel like some things could've been described or written better. But that's just a suggestion. It's not like I can write any better!
Janelle A.
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
me when I realised there was no 3rd book:
noooOooooOOooOoooOoooOoOOo :(
Grace Schaufler
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! I really hope she comes out with another book for a sequel of this. If you like Misfits This book is really for you.
Angie Harlow
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Super cute, love the twist and turns it takes. The only thing is make sure you have book 1 and 2 when you stop to read. Number one doesn’t really end it practically the climax to book 2.
Eugene Hung
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From my 10-year-old daughter! She says: "OUTLAWS is a satisfying, amazing book! It focuses on Devin and the twists and turns of her story. It is great, and you totally should read it!"
PWRL
Dec 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019-new
E
Nia Dragin
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review of ‘Outlaws’ (Royal Academy Rebels #2)
Originally reviewed on Cyn's Workshop

Sequel to Misfits, this novel follows Devin and her friends, as they navigate their new surroundings. The gang has been banished to the woods upon realizing that the fairy godmother who was supposed to watch over them is indeed a villain. Now the group has decided to forge a plan to save not only themselves but the realm as well.

There is a lot more action in this novel as the group is now outside of school as they
emyrose8
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
4.5- Ooo, I liked this one even more than the first! Our heroes get to know one another better, work together more, and discover new friends and enemies along the way. I loved how characters from Jen's other series make cameos (Fairy Tale Reform School). Our heroes grow in other ways too, especially in finding their strengths. The ending is another cliff-hanger (but a slightly less bad one than the first one). This one is going to be a hit too!

Thanks Netgalley for the ARC!
Asha Stell
Dec 26, 2019
Trudie
Nov 18, 2019
Jen Calonita
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Chloe
Oct 25, 2019
Kristina
Jan 12, 2020
Jacky
Feb 17, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Tale of Magic... (A Tale of Magic, #1)
  • The Bravest Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #3)
  • Unlocking the Spell (Wide-Awake Princess, #2)
  • The Minor Third (The Magic Misfits, #3)
  • Princess in Disguise (The Wide-Awake Princess, #4)
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister Graphic Novel #1)
  • The Wide-Awake Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #1)
  • Master of the Phantom Isle (Dragonwatch, #3)
  • Tales from a Not-So-Best Friend Forever (Dork Diaries #14)
  • A Royal Christmas Wish: An Enchanting Christmas Romance from Hallmark Publishing
  • Legacy (Keeper of the Lost Cities #8)
  • Emily Windsnap and the Siren's Secret (Emily Windsnap, #4)
  • Songs from the Deep
  • Heart of the Moors: An Original Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Novel
  • Lalani of the Distant Sea
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • The Fowl Twins (The Fowl Twins, #1)
  • Mr. Lemoncello's All-Star Breakout Game (Mr. Lemoncello's Library, #4)
Hi Goodreads!
I'm Jen Calonita, a MG and YA author who loves what I do because it lets me connect with all of you (and no, I wasn't intending for that to rhyme!).

I've been writing ever since I can remember, but it was fourth grade when I put my "three wishes" for a genie down on paper. They were:
#1. Buy all the Cabbage Patch Kids in the world and give them away for free (because apparently that

Royal Academy Rebels (2 books)
  • Misfits (Royal Academy Rebels #1)
“licorice)” 0 likes