Start by marking “And Hell Followed: An Anthology” as Want to Read:
And Hell Followed: An Anthology

And Hell Followed: An Anthology

Seventeen authors re-imagine the biblical apocalypse and all the hell that follows in sixteen horrifying tales. What if the prophecies of Revelation hit today? What sort of craziness and evil would ensue? With this list of excellent authors contributing, it’s sure to be a Hell of a read!

Wrath James White
Sam West
The Sisters of Slaughter
Jeff Strand
K Trap Jones
C Derick
Published January 15th 2019 by Death's Head Press

To ask other readers questions about And Hell Followed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Hell Followed

Start your review of And Hell Followed: An Anthology
Michael Hicks
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
My review of And Hell Followed: An Anthology can be found at High Fever Books.

If you believe the statistics, The Bible is allegedly the most widely read book in the world. Having sold millions upon millions and millions of copies and placed in thousands upon thousands of hotel room nightstands, it is easily one of the most popular, most published, and most purchased works of epic horror fantasy ever written. Even people who claim they don’t read horror presumably claim to have at least read The
Latasha
Apocalypse Variety

This anthology contains a wide variety of how the world will end & what it will be like afterwards. Most were good. Behind blue eyes was the scariest and Apocalypse Meh was probably my favorite. But each story was original and creative. However, this will probably be the last time I read a collection about the end of the world. I think too much to have that on my mind!
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
I really wanted to love this anthology. It's biblical apocalyptic stories so the theme is the same across the board. However, there was just too much of the same kind of things throughout each story - which is fine amongst themselves but when reading back to back to back, it got to be a little bit oversaturated. Seems when hell comes to earth, it's gruesome, a lot of cussing, a lot of strange sex and private parts grabbing and heavy metal. I'm not opposed to ANY of this - usually the stranger, ...more
Brett Grossmann
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anthologies can be mixed bags. You sometimes get the good, the bad, and the dreadful. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of most of this book. Stories stayed on theme and were a delight to read. I REALLY enjoyed this book.
Noigeloverlord
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get my hands on an advance copy of what will be imo the most talked about Anthology of 2019. 15 of the 16 stories in this book would normally be the best story in most Anthologies only one what I consider to be an average story. If this is the Future of Death’s Head Press they will be the go Too publisher in the Horror genre.
From what would be the normal the stories in this volume......, to the last word of Jeff Strand’s Outpouring this book grabs you by the balls and
Jim Coniglio
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
AND HELL FOLLOWED is the first book from the new publisher Death's Head Press. They have pulled together an amazing group of authors who have all written short stories based on events from the Book of Revelations. Stories range from the first horn blast and the Horsemen to the final day and everything in-between. It can be read as a sort of primer as what and what not to do to survive during the Apocalypse.

Let's take a look at what's inside.....

THE WHORE OF BABYLON by Sam West

A horror author
Book lover
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting collection

An interesting read for doomsday apocalypse fans. The stories were all different, ranging from the macabre to unexpectedly funny. I intend to read more books from these publishers.
J. Peter W.
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Decent anthology about reimagined biblical apocalypse stories. Half of the stories were good. The rest were kind of bland for me. Highlights include stories by Sam West, Patrick Harrison, John Wayne Communale, Jeff Strand, and my personal favorite was Godless World by The Sisters of Slaughter. If biblical apocalyptic stories are your thing I recommend giving this one a shot.
Mark
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was an interesting, fantastic anthology of stories. The type to be read over and over again.
From the first page, I was drawn in, and didn't stop until the end. Well worth the time, and five stars.
Shanannigans
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First thought? Woah, this is going to be a gruesome collection!

Then I stopped thinking because I was completely enthralled by the end of the first story! When I discovered that each tale was connected in that it was another perspective of the same event, or the aftermath, I was overjoyed! You see, I don’t particularly like anthologies. I don’t mind novellas, but short stories generally leave me wanting. This was NOT the case for And Hell Followed. Because each story seemed to tie in together, I
Melissa Potter
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The was a really good set of Revelations based apocalyptic shorts. I enjoyed the fact that the stories were all based around the same concept, with drastically different takes on it. As with most anthologies, there were a few stories in here that i couldn't get into and a few I found downright corny. However, there were some incredibly good stories here as well. The first two stories right off are two of my favorites, The Whore of Babylon by Sam West and Chris Miller's Behind Blue Eyes were both ...more
Christian Orton
May 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Pretty unremarkable compilation of stories. I'd skip all but Strand's.

But a note on the introduction which says Revelation is a book of fantasy. Anyone who has studied the Bible seriously, as well as the historical context at this time, can clearly see that Revelation was a book written to 1st Century churches to remind them that no matter how big and powerful the Roman Empire seemed it would wither and fade. But God's Kingdom is eternal. The author, most likely John Eliazar (Jesus' friend
Brandon
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty strong collection

I'm usually a little leery of anthologies I find on Kindle Unlimited because they're mostly scraped from Reddit or just terrible. That does not seem to be the case here, however, as both the selection and the intro from the editor explaining why he collected these were very strong. Anyone scarred by a religious upbringing that threatened hellfire when you were bad or the imminent apocalypse if you were good will find this enjoyable. There is one story that's pretentious
Tristan Drue Rogers
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read incredibly slow, but once I finally finished this collection, I was awestruck at the true audacity of it all. Too many standout stories to name, but there are plenty in this anthology that take the end of the world theme and run with it in unique and often grotesquely humorous ways. This book couldn't be for everyone, but they certainly aren't trying to be, filling its niche well with fun tales that would be perfect to reread upon Halloween or at the next camp fire. Highly recommend for ...more
Brad Carter
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
What can I say truthfully, but Meh, as one of the titles says. Don’t get me wrong, there were a few stories that I really enjoyed, but others, I didnt care for because the sacred was no longer held as sacred. I was totally excited for this since it was dealing with the Biblical foretelling of the apocalypse. As a believer, I always love to read anything in the horror realm dealing in my beliefs. However, the majority of the anthology missed the mark for me.
Michelle Mellon
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
We need more Biblical-themed horror collections like this

Overall, an entertaining read. Even the couple of stories whose writing was less strong had good enough premises to see them through. I'm glad I took a chance on this; not only for some good storytelling, but to find new writers to explore.
Jo
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
NAIL BITING GREAT ANTHOLOGY

What a gathering of Horror Authors! The Apocalyptic Tales, shoot, they're all good on each authors. All the stories captivated me, I was glued and read this book in one sitting! I was elated to spend time on a refreshing book. I recommend it to all, its nail biting good! One-click now, you'll be glad you did.
Mikal
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super fun creepy apocalyptic horror

Great variety of types of stories about how the apocalypse might go down. Some funny, some crude and disgusting, some realistic and creepy. All a good read
Kristy
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
4.5 stars!
River Dixon
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great collection. Entertaining as hell.
Tamara
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a 5-star collection with just a couple of stories in need of slight tuneups.
Jessie
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pretty frickin awesome and gnarly! Exactly what I wanted!
Jesse Bollinger
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
a pretty good collection. not a bad story in the bunch.
Christina Eleanor
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Picked up this book at a horror convention. I could not put the book down. The interesting takes by multiple authors on the story of the apocalypse was fantastic! This book has humor, depravity, and down right evil and I loved it! Each author took a piece of Revelations and made it their own. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Rebecca Besser
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This book has a range of stories all based in the apocalypse, mostly the biblical end times. Each story is told from a different view point/angle with a variety that's sure to have something for everyone. Some stories are gory and graphic while others are emotionally driven.

There's sure to be a story for almost any lover of apocalyptic horror in this book!

Personally, the strongest thing I think this book had going for it was the variety of stories. The editing wasn't consistent. There were a lot
Astrid Addams
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy the many different stories, some of which I preferered to others but all of which were of a very high standard and each a refreshing take on the apocalypse. My main criticism is that I got a bit bored of the apocalypse theme before the book ended. I am very glad that I finished it because the last stories are just as good as the rest.
John Velona
Jun 11, 2019
C. Miller
Feb 01, 2019
Sabur76
rated it did not like it
Nov 01, 2019

• Don't Scream: 60 Tales to Terrify
  • The Horror Collection: Gold Edition
  • Dark Little Wonders and Other Stories
  • Under The Safe House & Other Stories
  • Carnival Of Strange Things (Creepiest Show On Earth Book 3)
  • Dark Thoughts: A Collection of Horror Stories
  • The Horror Collection: Black Edition (THC Book 2)
  • Dirty Rotten Hippies and Other Stories
  • Dark Ride
  • Dark Visions
  • Terror in the Shadows Volume 3: Scary Ghosts, Paranormal & Supernatural Horror Short Stories Anthology
  • How Much To..?