Start by marking “Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy #4)” as Want to Read:
Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy #4)

Blood Truth

(Black Dagger Legacy #4)

Kindle Edition
Published August 13th 2019 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Blood Truth, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Sophia Triad
Boone's book this week!

You are such a male of worth., ch. 1
May I get for you some Grey Goose, sire?, ch.4
He was thinking of another kind of...peach., ch. 5
Females have to look after each other., ch. 8
I don't feel safe anywhere anymore., ch. 8

"I've got it under control."
"I don't think you do."
ch.14

Male bonding was not a subtle thing., ch.25
Bonded males? They fall within seconds., ch. 39
Debra
Just when I'm out they drag me back in by naming Butch in the blurb.
❤️ Dorsey aka Wrath Lover Reviews ❤️

4 Warrior Trainee Stars!!

Trainee Boone has been sidelined so he’s teamed with helping the Butch investigate and solve a series of murders of female civilian vampires which happens to coincide with the death of his uptight aristocrat sire who made Boone feel unworthy. I found Boone quiet and somewhat introverted. While investigating the murder scene he meets Helania, who for her own reasons is also looking for the murderer.

To be completely honest I wasn't as excited about this one as I usually
Scholar inArmor
BEFORE RELEASE:

Boone is getting a book. I am very pleased with that!

Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
So worth the wait. Boone is absolutely perfect.

Oh my googly goodness!!! It feels as if I have waited for Boone’s story for an eternity. Was it worth the wait? HELLS YES! Blood Truth is packed with mystery, BDB brothers, and so many hints toward upcoming books... I am honestly overwhelmed with the anticipation of what’s going to come next in the BDB world. A glorious 5 ⭐ read!

*ARC from publisher

TwitterFacebookPinterestBookBabblersInstagram
R Y A N  (bdb.for.life.true)
2.5/5 - “Well what do you know?” BDB meets YA, next... also, that quoted phrase is said about 25 times in the book *annoying*

This longtime fan has lost her shit with this book. I thought the Savior triggered my devotion to the series well Blood Truth did in another way.

This book literally picks up a day before the Throe party in The Savior. It’s ok if you haven’t read any books from BDB or BDL everyone and everything is info dumped for a brand new reader, welcome! Just know that anything BDB rel
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

J.R. Ward returns with another instalment in the Black Dagger Legacy series. This time, it’s Boone’s turn to have his happily ever after and I have to say, I couldn’t be happier to see something good happen for this guy.

Strangely enough, I wasn’t sure what I was expecting when I dove into this book, but I quickly rediscovered my love for this world as soon as I read the first page. There’s just something nostalgic about Ward’s writing for me. It takes me back to the time when I first fell in l
Kristine
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 🌟 stars

The minute I see that J.R. Ward has a new book out, it’s an immediate buy for me. I have loved the BDB series and the Legacy series and her Bourbon series...well, you get the point. The funny thing is - when I read the summary for this book, I had a hard time remembering who Boone was, but after this....he might just be one of my all time favorites.

We see a different kind of Brother in this story. Well, he’s officially a Trainee and not a Brother - but he is a softer, kinder kind of g
Ariana
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been looking forward to Boone's book as I was very curious about him. In the previous books we didn't learned that much about him. I love him, he really is a male of worth. We see the BDB Legacy continues with Helaine and Boone. There's this strong attraction immediately between them which grows, while they try to solve the murder of Helaine's sister and 2 other females at a club. All while dealing with grief and in Boone's case personal family conflicts. Blood Truth had a different feel to ...more
Michele
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

This newest installment in the Black Dagger Legacy kept me guessing with its surprising plot twists, and of course had the incredible level of storytelling I have come to count on from J.R. Ward.

First, this book pretty much picked up where the last Black Dagger Brotherhood book, The Savior, left off so it would be easier to get into the story here if you’ve read that. If not, enough of the background is included that, with some patience, you can pick it
Ava
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a little skeptical about this one, just because I didn't feel like we know much about Boone. But I, a silly mortal, should know not to doubt the Warden by now.
Because...the ending of The Savior? *Insert pterodactly noises here*
This one's going to be brutal. Hold on to your butts.

That being said, I'm prepared to rip this out of the hands of some poor B&N employee on the 13th.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

I'm behind on my BDB books, but I was able to jump into Blood Truth just fine! What I love about this 'spin off' of sorts is that you get interactions with the Brothers and get introduced to new characters from all different walks of life. Boone is part of the glymera (aristocracy) and defies his family by not going through with his arranged mating and then joining the training program with the Brotherhood. While you don't have to have read every book in the series, it does help if you are fami
yessenia
↫ 📚 3.5 stars 🎬 ↬

𝐈 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬, but I was surprised when I got a certain young-adult feeling while reading about Boone & Helania. I’m not saying it was a “bad” feeling, I just didn’t expect it in one of J.R.W’s books. I know this series is focused on the trainees, but this time I sometimes felt that teenage angst you find in young-adult books in the protagonists’ behavior, especially Helania. I don’t know if this was on purpose as both of them are portrayed as introverts, Helania m
Sandy S
4.25 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date August 13, 2019

As a trainee in the Black Dagger Brotherhood's program, Boone has triumphed as a soldier and now fights side by side with the Brothers. Following his sire's unexpected death, he is taken off rotation against his protests—and he finds himself working with Butch O'Neal, former homicide cop, to catch a serial killer: Someone is targeting females of the species at a live action role play club. When the Brotherhood is called in to help, Boone i
J.D. Brown
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Another Black Dagger book? YES PLEASE!

description

*SPOILERS BEWARE*
I did my best not to spoil anything but let's be real -- This is book 4 in the Legacy series and like Book 21 in the overall Dagger-verse so at this point if you haven't read the previous books why are you reading this?

Anyway ...

BLOOD TRUTH is all about Boone.

Boone is a trainee for the Black Dagger Brotherhood and we’ve seen him around in previous books, but not like this.

Boone is forced to take a temporary leave of absence when his father
Briana
Aug 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'll be honest when Boone was given his own 'sub story' element within The Savior, I had to double take because I didn't quite remember who he was.

He was always so quiet, so sidelined. Did he even have dialog anywhere in those first 3 legacy novels?

In any case, those day's are no more.

There was a lot about this story that I didn't like.

Rexboone however was not one of those.

In fact, he was more or less the only part of the book that kept me gripped, and wanting more.

Boone is a true male of worth.
AJ
4.5 stars!

Woohoo! Back to the BDB world with the fourth book in the Black Dagger Legacy series, and the story of BDB trainee, Boone, with a side of old-schooler, Butch O’Neal. With a sweet, functional, sexy romance, a murder mystery and a glorious revisit with the BDB boys that I love so much, I loved this book!

This book starts with the events of the Throe party that took place at the end of The Savior. Boone’s father, a member of the aristocratic Glymera, was killed. Boone and his father didn’
Me Like Reading
How?

How is this author able to write a book about insta-love...but not make it seem that way, that it was true love that was just meant to be from the very start?

How can the author add in a good old fashioned murder mystery that could’ve come straight out of a round of Clue...and yet make such a plot feel fresh and exhilarating and not like some cheesy board game?

And how, pray tell, was I able to enjoy reading a story that smelled like dark spices covering up a new adult odour?

FYI: not a big fan
HeatherP
Shelves: favorites, arc
"Boone's smile was a sunrise that illuminated not just his face, but clearly his soul, too. "Well," he whispered against her mouth. "If that isn't blood truth . . . I don't know what is."

Little else gets my excited as when it is time for JR Ward to release a book. Whether it is her previous work under "Jessica Bird", her Bourbon Kings trilogy (LOVED THESE), or even the Firefighter book (books?!). There is only one that makes me plan my day around it though, and that is her Black Dagger Brotherh
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

In the back of his mind, the tally of his sire’s neglect and condescension was like an electric meter going haywire, the count spiraling up into the stratosphere…

You are amazing. I know . . . I know that sounds like a line, but it’s not. You bring me to my knees and lift me up at the same time. It’s the definition of magic.

My Review:

I have been hearing this author’s name for several years - first as murmurs then loud rumblings and finally as shouted raves; but until now, I had n
Jenn
When J.R. Ward writes a book, you stop everything to read it. I devoured this in less than 24 hours and I regret nothing. My family can survive on cereal, am I right?

Let me start off by saying I love Boone and Butch! After the death of his father, Boone was taken of rotation and partnered up with Butch to solve the gruesome murders of women patrons of a local club. They worked so well together. We usually see the vampire side of Butch, so it was nice to see his human side for a bit. His years i
AlwaysV
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
💖 A Super Amazing Finale to the BD Legacy 🔥 💎☆☆☆☆☆ Loved everything in this book. The sending off to the next BDB The Sinner by introducing Syn to us was a brilliant move! I might've been offended imagining Syn being possessed by his evil nature (manifested in flesh, in the future book, as Devina???? ) but I was still so tempted and so captivated by Syn himself. And yes! So looking forward to reading his HEA with Jo Early!

So crazy in love with Boone and Helania together. JR Ward is hands down, o
Nubia Souza
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a thriller. The plot was exciting, mysterious and I felt like I was reading a wonderful detective story. Add to that a sweet romance between 2 adorable, though a little boring, characters and I was completely enthralled. I loved that when I thought that I had everything figured it out - which was before I reached half of the book - there was a plot twist that I absolutely couldn't have predicted. So it looks like this book had it all, right? So why I'm not giving it 5 stars? Well, a ...more
BookTrib.com
As far as vampires are concerned, we’ve come a long way since Vlad the Impaler, the inspiration for the creepy, blood-sucking villain in Bram Stoker’s 1897 Gothic horror story. A warrior in 15th century Romania, Vlad was notorious for impaling his enemies (while still alive and writhing) on stakes to be placed in public places – or his dining room. Vlad’s father, as a knight in the Order of the Dragon, earned the surname of “Dracul,” Romanian for “dragon.” Our Vlad, then, was “Dracula” or “son o ...more
Angela Lover  of all Books No Matter How Horrid They Are ❤❂☠
Let me jump right in to the gloriness that is Madam J.R. Ward. When I tell you that there is nothing that she can write where I wonder what in the hell did I just read. Everything she writes is just pure amazement to me. I loved this entry in the BDB world. We got to see some of my favorite characters within this story. I have to admit that I really enjoyed Boone. We only got to see him on the periphery so we really did not know anything about him. I am glad that we got to see more of him. I lov ...more
Michaela
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lust, Lies, and Law make for a thrilling combination in the fourth installment of J.R. Ward’s Legacy series, Blood Truth.

Centering around the aristocrat turned trainee, Boone and his civilian female Helenia, Blood Truth takes you through a maze of intriguing characters and mysterious circumstances.

Rochelle and her broken arrangement with Boone. Syn’s internal affliction and it’s sinister manifestation. And Butch, the Brotherhoods’ resident detective, trying to make sense of it all.

Helenia is a
Jessica
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You guys all know that I love the BDB series, so I was excited to finally be fully caught up on the series before a new release. I was excited for Boone's romance and another peak at the lives of the trainees!

Now that Boone's sire has passed away, Boone is left with a life he's not sure what to do with. He's never been enough for his sire, especially when he broke off his arranged engagement. Now, as a trainee in the legacy program, he's helping Butch investigate a series of gruesome murders. T
Lori
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Upgraded - why - well it's the Warden..why not.

This story is about trainee Boone who has been tasked with helping the BDB Butch solve a murder that coincides with the death of his malicious and hypocritical sire. Boone is a quiet introverted warrior (who has a few hidden demons) and he meets his match in Helania, who for her own reasons is also seeking the murder.

I wasn't super excited about this one, but like a lot of others - the Warden is on my 'buy first, read next and ask questions late
Lisa Annesley
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, vampire
This Black Dagger Legacy book was different than the other Legacy books in that it didn't focus on training or the trainees as much. The book was about Boone, who lost his father in the attack on the Glymera by the Shadows in the previous Black Dagger Brotherhood book. Boone didn't like his father, but felt guilty about his death because he had informed the Brotherhood about the gathering of possible traitors. Boone was in shock and taken out of rotation even though he wanted to fight.

There was
Whiskey & Wit Book Reviews
One of the most appealing aspects of the Legacy series for J. R. Ward fans - it's just as beguiling as BDB (please tell me everyone in the world knows that this acronym stands for Black Dagger Brotherhood... otherwise... maybe... we can't be friends).

Legacy follows the BDB's soldier Trainee Class of Craeg, Paradise, Axe, Novo, Peyton, and Rexboone. Blood Truth is Boone's story and needlepoint master Helania. Helania's sister is part of a murder investigation headed by Butch and wingman, nouveau-
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

• Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #19)
  • The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
  • Munro (Immortals After Dark, #19)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Break the Day (Midnight Breed, #16)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Untitled (The Iron Covenant, #2)
  • Quiet Man (Dream Man, #4.5)
  • Raven's Mark (Alpha Pack, #8)
  • Falls Boys (Hellbent, #1)
  • At Death's Door (Deadman's Cross, #3)
  • The Trouble With Vampires (Argeneau #29)
  • Shadow Warrior (Shadow Riders, #4)
  • Kingdom of Shadow and Light (Fever, #11)
“Beneath the wardrobe of a gentlemale, he had the soul of vengeance and not just a little street in him.” 0 likes