Start by marking “Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge: FAA-H-8083-25, December 2003” as Want to Read:
Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge: FAA-H-8083-25, December 2003

Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge: FAA-H-8083-25, December 2003

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  252 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Required reading for pilots for more than 25 years, this handbook is used extensively as a reference source for the FAA Knowledge Exams and provides information for training and guiding student pilots. Including basic knowledge that is essential for all pilots, from beginning students to those pursuing more advanced pilot certificates, it introduces pilots to the broad spe ...more
Published September 1st 2004 by Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc. (first published June 1st 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge

Anggi Hafiz Al Hakam
This is a very useful book. Though, i'm not a pilot who lived in the USA and regulated by FAA. The information contained principal matters of aeronautical knowledge. A comprehensive guide for me as a Dispatcher.

FYI also, this book is available through the FAA website. You can print directly for your own use.
Mike
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read and understand this and the Airplane Flying Handbook and you'll pass your written test.
Kiri
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: flying
This book is crammed full of good information, the stuff you'll need to be able to fly a plane as well as to understand a bit of aerodynamics, aircraft systems, weather, and psychology. I found this very useful while studying for my private pilot's license.

I will note that some elements of the books are poorly written and/or edited. The book comes with its own errata, which mysteriously have not been applied to the contents, so you have to manually go through and make the corrections yourself. A
Chet Brandon
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking to get your Private Pilots Certificate, this is the bible. Mastering the knowledge in it is critical to passing the FAA written test. Update 11/14/2013: I finished the book and passed the check ride for my PPL!
Adrika
Jul 27, 2010 rated it liked it
It is a good book for beginners.It doesn't talk much about the concepts of jet engines. I have the newer version of this book. they have added certain topics. The book helps to get ur basics cleared.It's a great book to have around.
Zach
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aviation
This book is awesome. Great introduction to the world of aviation. If you are thinking about becoming a pilot someday read this book! I recommend reading this before taking a ground school.
Justin Anthony
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Between this book, the Sporty's iPhone Study Buddy Test Prep (FAA Private Pilot), and the Gliem online audio book and study, I was able to pass my FAA written exam on the first try with a 92%.
Joar Larsen
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmm, just great information..
Lacey
Sep 09, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Pilots or pilot-wannabes
...what I learned from this book is I was destined to be a pilot.
Muneel Zaidi
Good intro to theory and laws that govern flight in America.
Alejandro Ramos
Jul 03, 2015
Kaleb G. reyes
Sep 05, 2014
John
rated it did not like it
Dec 11, 2013
  • Forever Flying
  • Managing Engineering and Technology
  • Introduction to Flight
  • Electric Circuits
  • Boeing Versus Airbus: The Inside Story of the Greatest International Competition in Business
  • A Chick in the Cockpit: My Life Up in the Air
  • Strength Training for Women
  • Explorations: Introduction to Astronomy

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »