Start by marking “Fear the Fallout (Nuclear Dawn #2)” as Want to Read:
Fear the Fallout (Nuclear Dawn #2)

Fear the Fallout

(Nuclear Dawn #2)

If the radiation doesn't kill you, the survivors will.

Dakota and Logan continue their treacherous journey to escape the radioactive ruins of downtown Miami, but danger threatens at every turn...

Preorder now.
Published January 7th 2019 by Paper Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Fear the Fallout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fear the Fallout

Start your review of Fear the Fallout (Nuclear Dawn #2)
Ian
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: b-train-wreck
Two books to travel 2 miles.
Perhaps if Dakota stopped explaining everything they'd make better time.

I might continue but probably not.
Veronica Reinhardt.e
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Reality lacking.

I tried very hard to like the characters, but the story jumps around too much and leaves out realistic details that would make it a much better read. Graphic fight scenes without connection......
Beverly Laude
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, apocalyptic, 2019
If the radiation doesn't kill you, the survivors will." This is the main message of this book. Dakota Sloan is on a quest to reunite with her younger sister, Eden, after the United States has been attacked by at least 13 nuclear bombs. After holing up with other survivors to avoid the worst of the fallout, Dakota decides that the time has come to find Eden.

She is joined by a group of survivors who have come to rely on her knowledge of surviving the aftermath of a nuclear attack. The group
Rosemary
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fear the Fallout - a review by Rosemary Kenny

An unexpected nuclear Armageddon has targeted 13 major cities across the United States, wiping out millions and leaving millions more dying from radiation poisoning or injured by simultaneous events in Fear the Fallout, book 2 of Kyla Stone's impeccably related Post~Apocalyptic Survival Thriller in her incredible Nuclear Dawn series.
The book continues the saga of Dakota Sloane, a feisty survivor with her sister Eden, of their family's cult Compound.
Donna
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this story and read this quickly.
The third book comes out in April so waiting for that to continue this exciting story of nuclear attack and fallout. It is really a story of two sisters, the older one trying to get to he little sister who is in foster care and all alone after the attack.
The characters are of varied backgrounds and we see some growth in them as time goes on.
A good read.
doreen
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am happy with the flow of the story and the characters. Glad Dakota was reunited with her sister. I like the new characters brought in also. So far this series is pretty interesting.
Smiling_dragon
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good Continuation of a solid story

Well done on the second story! Good action. Good character development. I’ll keep reading the series because I like the author’s style.
Nisareen
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If the radiation doesn’t kill you, the survivors will.

Forty eight hours have passed since the catastrophic nuclear attack which targeted thirteen major cities in the US. Now that the radiation levels have lowered somewhat, Dakota, accompanied by Logan Shay and Julio, set off on a treacherous journey to rescue her sister Eden.

As they trek through the radioactive ruins of downtown Miami, they are horrified at the scale of the devastation. Bodies as well as wounded civilians trapped under
Cath
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book two in the Nuclear Dawn series and continues the journey of a group of survivors, following a nuclear bomb going off in Miami as well as other major US cities, led by Dakota. She is trying to reach her sister, Eden, now the radiation risks have lessened, and take her to safety in the Everglades. A place and a person there who has helped keep them safe in the past. He is a prepper and taught her and her younger sister all about surviving different disaster scenarios.

This experience
Tina Gundy
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fear the Fallout (Nuclear Dawn, Book 2) by Kyla Stone and narrated by Stacey Glemboski is a thrilling second book to the series and I’m loving it! Recommend if you’re looking for something in the post-apocalyptic genre, something new and will hold your attention, a shorter listen, or if you enjoyed the first book.

The book beings with the characters making their way to rescue Eden. They continue to deal with the fallout and the world running amok. We learn more of everyone’s past including the
Kaye
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ONE INTENSE EXPERIENCE!!!
OMG! Holy crap, guys this is one of the most thrilling rides I have ever been on. Kyla has this series rocking to its own beat. I was in awe from the first part. I was thinking some dumb crap about it couldn't get any better. Blew my mind once again and I'm happy to say it does indeed continue on its forward path even better than the last. All the drama, uncertainty, fear, danger and suspense increases while tension spirals. All the plot twists, unexpected circumstances
Chris Wells
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first thing people new to this series should be aware of is this book follows on directly from Point Of Impact, the first book of the series. You could jump in here but I would say it’s definitely best to read book one first. Dakota and Logan and co. are back and still in great danger following the detonation of a nuclear bomb in Miami. The threats to our group are greater than ever as they face down armed thugs and crazed survivors as well as the ever present threat of radiation poisoning. ...more
Georganne
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A rough journey to find Eden. Dakota finds shelter to minimize the effects from the fallout of the nuclear bomb. When she feels that she can go find her sister, Eden, Dakota discovers that she has a group that wants to go with her. She wants to travel on her own, but they are determined to follow her. The scene that faces them is pure devastation. As they travel, they discover that with all the destruction, the gangs are taking of Miami. They have to survive the violence of the gangs and the ...more
Joni Janice Mielke
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There isn't as much action here as there was in book one, but that book started with a Nuclear explosion that turned out to be one of several to wreak havoc on the United States. Enter book 2 with the beginning of its aftermath, or fallout... Dakota is on the move, but she isn't the only one. Eden is hiding in a temporary safe haven. But how long will it remain so?

This book tracks the immediate effects of the bomb by focusing our gaze on people, individuals and groups, whose lives have been
Manfred
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The 2nd book in the Nuclear Dawn series starts right after the end of the first (which you really have to read first) and the tension raises. On their search for Eden, Dakota's sister, she, Logan and the others really learn about the extent of the destruction of the nuclear bombs snd what some people will do in a world without government, police, order. In this 2nd part the pages turned themselves even faster and nearly prevented me from sleeping ;) And the reader learns a few things about the ...more
Jenny
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Part of me wants to knock a star of this review purely due to my utter frustration at the main protagonists - in the first book, there was an excellent description of fallout and how they needed to get out, fast, and not touch anything. In this second book they are wasting time, someone rolls around on the ground, and there is general touching of surfaces.
However, if there was strict sticking to plan, there wouldn't be much of a story, would there? So the author weaves an interesting tale of
Lisa
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
And they keep getting better! Another non-stop action story.

The pressure is on! The radiation is still at dangerous levels but Dakota can't wait any longer to get to her sister, Eden. Someone from their past is looking for them and Dakota has to get to Eden before Maddox does.

We get more of Dakota and Eden's backstory as the author fills us in on why they're in hiding.
We also get more information regarding Logan's past as well, and it's NOT what Dakota thinks!

Maddox begins to get his story
B. Fleetwood
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second instalment of this survival story and the pace does not let up. Dakota's only aim is to save her sister, Eden, but in the aftermath of improvised ground nuclear devices exploding all over America, there are plenty of obstacles to get in her way.
This is a fast-paced gritty read which is so well described, it appears hauntingly real. This is also testament to the research the author has clearly put into the subject. If you want a read you can't put down, I highly recommend both this
David Taylor
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This second episode of the Nuclear Dawn series provides much needed backstory into Logan and Dakota, while following the group’s exploits in their quest to rescue Edin and head to the safe zone. Once again Ms. Stone has packed this story with very believable scenarios and action. While reading this series on one level I realize it is fiction, but the scenarios the characters encounter leave me wondering how long it would take for residents of a city to devolve into a dog-eat-dog mentality after ...more
Pam Shelton-Anderson
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a good second book to what has been so far, an enjoyable series. While the story line moves along decently, there is a lot of flashback to the time Dakota and Eden spent in the cult and with Ezra. That backstory did need telling but I felt there was just a bit too much of the flashback in several places which served to slow down the story in the "present time." I look forward to book 3 to see what happens.
Brian
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
5 FULL STARS ! An explosive story !!!

This book is incredibly action packed and rife with survival challenges from a nuclear detonation but some characters must also battle their inner demons that threaten to re-emerge.

The challenges are many, the survivors few. As individuals they don’t a chance; but if these strangers become a team they stand a better chance. That is IF they can stay alive !!! This is a must read; you will be glad that you did ! I was !!!
Alisa
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Keep reading

Kyla Stone is a true storyteller. She doesn't sacrifice the story for the sake of the details. There's plenty of information to be gleaned from her books, she doesn't go light on the details. But the characters and their stories are what truly matter. And telling their stories is what she does and she does that quite well.
Leah Dynes
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome addition to the series. Dakota, Logan, Shay, and Julio are still trying to make it to Dakotas sister, and outside the area hit by the nuclear bomb. They have many troubles along the way though. You never know what is coming next, or who they will add to their group. I am ready to read the next book!
Vicky Quenault
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic follow up to book 1. The story picks up exactly where the last left off.
The relationships between characters continue to develop organically. The characters themselves continue to be complex and portrayed in a raw and honest way that makes them seem so real.
I’m greatly looking forward to the next instalment in the series.
Candy Robosky
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fear the Fallout is the continuing saga of Dakota trying to find her sister Eden. While traveling to Eden, Dakota, Shay, Julio, and Logan all find many new horrors and a variety of people. We find out more about these characters as well as see how many others react to this new life. The audiobook was a nice way to read the book. The narrator gave a great reading of this book.
Alysse Bebin
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great follow-up to the first book! The character development is great and coherent with the first book. The more I immerge myself in this universe, the more I like it! The fact that the world and the people that live in it aren't black and white but flawed and imperfect is what gets my attention the most, and I really look forward to the third volume in this series.
XR
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
James Johnson
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
It was a good book if you like the genre, though the backstory of Dakota escaping a religious zealot compound which is likely the group responsible for the INDs is kind of unnecessary and could better have been left out.
Sterling Walker
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I enjoy Stone's fast-paced and gritty adventures, she does tend to drag the story out a bit (for several books). She has an unbeatable eye for detail. You feel like you're there with Dakota and Logan, in the middle of nuclear fallout.
Lisa
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book picks up right where book one left off. Dakota is still planning how to get to her sister and when it should be safe to leave cover. I really feel like this story is about to take off and I can't wait for the next in series!

• Hunted (Days of Want #2)
  • Turbulent (Days of Want #1)
  • Turmoil (Days of Want #3)
  • Take the Hit (Nuclear Survival Saga #4; Nuclear Survival: Northern Exposure #1)
  • Duck for Cover (Nuclear Survival Saga #5; Nuclear Survival: Northern Exposure #2)
  • The Age of Embers (The Age of Embers #1)
  • Melt (Melt, #1)
  • Upheaval (Days of Want #5)
  • Sink (Melt #2)
  • Impact (Cloverdale #1)
  • Uprising (Days of Want #4)
  • Rules of Survival (Survival Rules #1)
  • Rules of Conflict (Survival Rules #2)
  • The Collapse (Solar Crash, #1)
  • Lost Valley (Extinction Survival #1)
  • Bear the Brunt (Nuclear Survival Saga #7; Nuclear Survival: Western Strength #1)
  • Flashpoint (Flashpoint #1)
  • Smolder (Flashpoint #2)

Nuclear Dawn (5 books)
  • Point of Impact (Nuclear Dawn #1)
  • From the Ashes (Nuclear Dawn #3)
  • Into the Fire (Nuclear Dawn #4)
  • Darkest Night (Nuclear Dawn #5)