Start by marking “The Lioness of Egypt (The Shifters of Africa, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Lioness of Egypt (The Shifters of Africa, #1)

The Lioness of Egypt

(The Shifters of Africa #1)

A murdered pharaoh. An evil sorceress. And three lion shifter kings.

Sanura would do whatever it took to be the next queen of Egypt – even if it meant marrying her younger half-brother and waging war on all of Africa. But when the pharaoh is murdered and Sanura blamed for the crime, she barely escapes the city with her life.

With nothing and no one to help her, Sanura find
Published February 7th 2019 by Red Empress Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Lioness of Egypt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lioness of Egypt

Florida Debi
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The storyline was a very unique concept; one that had me riveted from beginning to end. I wasn't sure at first how the story was going to play out, but the author(s) totally made it work. I stayed up all night so I could finish the book and see how it ended; all the twists and turns kept me fully engaged until the last sentence. I can't wait to read more of their books.

Jackie
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story. Sanura wants to be Queen and when the Pharaoh dies, is blamed for this. Can’t wait for the next one.
Shakera
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This sequel is unquestionably better than the first book. The plot thickens as Sanura tries to unite the Lion Kings. You get to know the other two Kings, Oringo and Saleem, more and they have a very interesting history. It was a little steamier than the first, the story itself was what made the sequel stronger. It does end in a cliffhanger, but hopefully, the third (possibly the final) installment will answer all questions.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily lea
Robin
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
The cover is what attracted my attention, and not because it was a reverse harem story...although, I do enjoy reading those too.
When I was younger I loved all the history, mystery, and majestic beauty of Egypt. (I really wanted to be an archaeologist when I grew up, but I hate creepy crawlys...lol)
I watched everything that came out on National Geographic, The History Channel, Discovery, and many more. I also loved the fiction movies as well.
We even had an Egyptian Museum near us that we visited
Pamela Street Gramlisch
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Her stepmother Queen Anat recently died and Sanura who is with her father Pharaoh Bakari and her half brother Prince Ramses are in mourning. Her father makes her Queen of Egypt and when he passes Ramses will marry her and become Pharaoh. Sanura saved a little slave girl from being beaten and took her into her household. That girls name is Keket and she is really an evil sorceress. The sorceress took over Sanura's father and he was killed she was blamed and accused then Keket transported Sanura t ...more
Donna
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This first book in the Shifters of Egypt series was a very interesting read. The authors had obviously done their research about court life, death rituals and beliefs in ancient Egypt, which was so evident in the excellent quality of writing about these things (being a fan of the ancient world myself, I really appreciated the accuracy and care). However, there were times I felt that there wasn't a great blend between the true facts of ancient Egyptian life and the fictional life in the book, esp ...more
Stella
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A promising start to a new series where the reader is taken to Ancient Egypt.
This shifter and paranormal reverse harem romance with lots of magic features the strong determined protagonist, Sanura and shifters.
A well written and well thought out story where the Author has done her research.
It has murder, magic, steamy scenes and good detailed descriptions on people, customs and buildings during that time period.
This is an enthralling read with a very good plot that captivates the reader from the
Mary Margaret Devine
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The characters are amazing and the world building is extraordinary. Sanura is the daughter of the Pharoah and is accused of his death. She is transported across the desert to Africa where 3 lion shifter kings live. They could be the way for her to return to Egypt to marry her brother and become Queen. She just has to convince them to help her wrest control of Egypt from an evil sorceress. I can't wait for the next book in this series. I read this book in one sitting and I am s ...more
Jennifer Soppe
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I can see great things for this series

Sanura, eldest child of the Pharoh, rescued a slave girl from an abusive master and deals her future with that one act of kindness. As the story progresses tragedy strikes, betrayal comes from unexpected sources, and finding a new path in life is the only way she will survive. The Lioness of Egypt is a nice start to this paranormal reverse harem series. We are introduced to the significant characters and events in this book, I can see great things for the se
N'gomo
May 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wanted to love it but.....

I just couldn't. I tried, I really tried to love it, but truly as I might I couldn't get that I to it. To be honest I wanted to stop reading halfway through, but I forced myself to continue because, well, I spent money to buy this book. The plot was good, which is what led me to buy this book, but the execution of said plot just didn't do it for me. In a word the book was "okay". I won't buy the rest of the trilogy as I find that I don't really care what happens.
Amber  Christiansen
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't know if anything about the setting was historically accurate or not, but it felt like a real place with real people. I enjoyed for Sanura as her story began. It's a little bit of a slow burn compared to other reverse harems I've read, but I'm certainly interested in seeing how things develop further in the future.

Scarolet Ellis
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Lioness of Egypt: A Reverse Harem Historical Fantasy Romance by Leigh Anderson is a wonderful story that I read. This is a wonderful start to a brand new series and this is book number one in this new series. I highly recommend this story to everyone who loves reading about lion shifters and a reverse harem historical fantasy romance stories.

Ola Adamska
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2019
Reverse Harem + Ancient Egypt + murder + evil Magic + steamy attraction = happy reader in me.
The World creation was well developed and I felt like I was in Egypt from that Time. Buildings, customs, People - everything was fine.
I likes that it Has concentrates also on political affait between Egypt and Tribes. But There everything seemed too rushed to my taste.
This story is insta attraction and Love - so if you loke it thod book is for you.
Tanya
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She would do anything to be the next queen but she is blamed for murder. She escapes barely, then she meets a lion shifted who will want her dead. He is not the only one. Can she survive? Can she ecsape? See how she gets on

Melissa Verseman
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a steamy hot read......So this was the first time reading for this author and I enjoyed it and look forward to reading more from her.It has a good storyline and great characters to, plus it steamy hot to.So this was a great shifter read and I hope you all enjoy it to, happy reading.

Kathryn
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is powerful read that is captivating from the beginning and only sets better. I love that Sanura is depicted a head strong, kick butt woman. The history and customs especially at the beginning was illustrated beautifully. The only thing was the POV was hard to discern in the very beginning.

I received an advanced copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an unbiased , honest review.
BookPages
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great series starter!

This is an amazing start to a new series. Egypt meets paranormal romance with a healthy dose of magic. Love the little snippets about some of Egypt’s most famously known practices, pyramids and mummies. Some interesting twists, can’t wait to see if Sanura can raise her army and take back her throne.
Nora
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very well done book. The authors took their time building this world and have done a good job in my eyes. I have re-read this book twice and love it so far. What is nice that this boo has everything in it, magic, murder and what not to entertain and this book sure does that.

Barbara Brostek
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Engaging Shifter Adventure/Romance!
Great beginning to this new lion shifter series set in Egypt. Well written story with plenty of suspense, drama, magic, intriguing shifters and steamy romance. The history and culture of Egypt adds to the innovative storyline. I look forward to reading the next book. Enjoy!

I received an arc copy and am happy to leave my honest review.
Rebecca Brown
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful captivating book. Sanura is a very headstrong woman who wants to be queen of Egypt. I was drawn into this book from beginning until the end...Loved it

Tammy
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great start to a new series. This reverse harem historical read has plenty of drama and suspense the story has plenty of twists and turns and Sanura is an amazing character. Looking forward to more in the series.
Natalie panda eyes
One queen and three lion shifters. Looks like it’s one guy per look. A bit of insta love going on. Sanura definitely has the queen thing going on, the whole pride before the fall thing. Historical isn’t really my thing but it was well written and the open ending was there.
Claire M.
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Strong, intelligent heroine who doesn't fall into the typical RH trap of being a 24/7 smartass. Also thrilled by Black representation. I don't generally go for shifters but this series is different for me. Easy five stars
Ritu
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sanura is framed for the pharoah's death. She escapes and has no allies. She finds herself at the mercy of more than one man. Very good book, well written.

Sandra Singleton
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
if you love this genre this is a must read. Wonderful plot and characters. I volunteered to read an advance copy for an honest review.
Amanda
Dec 30, 2018
May 08, 2019
Monica Smith
rated it did not like it
Feb 23, 2019
Gina Alexander
Feb 24, 2019
Faelan
Mar 26, 2019
Leigh Anderson is an American author and editor living and traveling in Asia. She has a master’s degree in English and her thesis was on Gothic imagery in vampire literature. You can learn more about her at her website LeighAndersonRomance.com.

The Shifters of Africa (3 books)
  • The Pride of Egypt (The Shifters of Africa, #2)
  • The Queen of Egypt (The Shifters of Africa, #3)