Start by marking “You Belong To Me” as Want to Read:
You Belong To Me

You Belong To Me

A killer who targets lonely women on cruise ships is at the center of Mary Higgins Clark's newest thriller "You Belong to Me," a masterful combination of page-turning suspense and classic mystery.
When Dr. Susan Chandler decides to use her daily radio talk show to explore the phenomenon of women who disappear and are later found to have become victims of killers who prey on
Published April 1st 1999 by Pocket Books (first published April 21st 1998)

Start your review of You Belong To Me
Diane Wallace
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fascinating read! The storyline unfolded right way -- awesome writing and storytelling. Huge fan of this author (paperback!)
Bren
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery Buffs.
You belong to me is creepy and shrouded in mystery! I loved it.

I seem to be mixed on Mary Higgins Clark. Some of her books I dislike but others..like "Loves Music, Loves to Dance" are incredible.

This one falls into the second category. The main character, Susan runs a call in radio show (more on that in a minute). When a woman who calls in, is murdered Susan sets out to find answers, in the process putting herself in much danger.

The radio call in is ma great backdrop for a mystery because the ba
Jun 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
You Belong to Me was my first Mary Higgins Clark. She's such a popular and prolific author, I had put off reading her books. I was afraid I wouldn't like them, but what I should have been afraid of was enjoying them. You Belong to Me was an exciting, suspenseful read that made me regret not reading Clark's books earlier.

Susan is a former assistant district attorney turned psychologist and radio host. When she inquires on-air about a missing woman she sets off a murderous chain reaction she never
Eileen
Jan 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Mary Higgins Clark may not write the most imaginative of thrillers but she's an accomplished writer in her own right and she never fails to deliver a page-turner that's full of suspense. She's like that dependable friend: she can always be relied on to produce a mystery thriller that is easily digestible and pleasant to read. You Belong to Me doesn't disappoint and is an entertaining read despite its formulaic structure and predictability. While I had picked the killer quite early on, she kept m ...more
Tori Hoeschler
Feb 01, 2010 rated it it was ok
Not good. Not good at all.
I am so disappointed to be writing this review! MHC is one of the only mystery authors I will give any sort of attention to and typically when I pick up one of her books I’ll have it read in 3 days max. Up to this point, her success rate in the world of me has been 100%. Without really having to say anything else, I’ll tell you that this book took me 3 weeks, 3 WEEKS, to read.
She definitely has a formula with her books: Grim Incident at the Beginning + Interesting Expl
Sylvia
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!! Great story!! Love this author's books!! ...more
Jackie
Aug 24, 2019 rated it liked it
It couldn’t hold me... but I’ll def try another book by her!
Sassy Katt
Sep 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I haven't read a book by MHC for some time now. This one was a bit confusing in the beginning. There were a lot of characters and she kept popping from one to the other. But once I got to know them it wasn't so bad. It was a very simple mystery. Quick and easy read. ...more
Suspect X
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
A predictable story with cheap attempts to throw the reader off from guessing who the real killer is, not to mention the lack of an explanation for the motives of the killer.
Faa
Jul 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Once again, Mrs. Clark enchanted me with the beauty of New York and most importantly, the real-life of psychologist (or shrink as we love to call them). Dr. Susan in this book is definitely a strong woman but lack of control in her life. She lost a love partner to her sister, she lost her father to a whinny stepmother and she was having a love-hate relationship with her dear sister, Dee.

When Dr Susan was exposed to mysterious disappearing of one Regina Clausen during one of her radio show, she w
Aroha Hepworth
Mar 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
I haven't yet finished it all the way. It is a really great book though, it starts off kind of boring and slow, but when you get maybe 8 or 9 chapters into it, the book gets really good. I have stayed up really late a couple of nights because I haven't been able to close the book. It is a good keep you at the edge of your seat kind of book. Yes, at times it is a little boring, but most of the time it is quite a good read. I definitely suggest it for good, mystery book lovers. I really like what ...more
Jyothsna
May 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
What an utter waste of a decent plot!! The book was riddled with intentionally misleading side stories and a cheap attempt to throw the reader off from guessing who the killer is, which by itself made the end obvious. A classy author like Mary Higgins Clark, did not have to resort to this.
My other complaint about this book is the lack of tightness of plot. In trying to offer every person's perspective in this book, it seems like the author instead tried to offer the reader every character's eve
Nikki Morin
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was ok
Again, very gripping, but I have figured out the formula of these books: the killer is always the most handsome and eligible man, to throw readers off the scent. With this in mind I easily guessed the killer despite all red herrings thrown at us. (The exception to this rule is when the author reveals the identity of the killer to us in the beginning, in which case the killer is always an ugly, cold mannered doctor with a god complex.)
Yvonne
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good murder mystery!
Sophie
I should remember not to read MHC back to back; it only leads to disappointment with her repetitive formulas. Particularly in You Belong to Me I had the killer picked out way in advance - not because the clues were there, but because he was the only one who *hadn't* been pointed at, which is pretty typical. I'm also getting a bit fed up with "strong" female protagonists (always lawyers, journalists, etc.) who, in spite of their insistence that they can "take care of themselves," somehow *always* ...more
Spencer
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, 2020
2020
3.5 to 4 stars

This has always been one of my favorite Mary Higgins Clark books for a reason. I have always found it so interesting that the serial killer has based his kills off of the song "You Belong to Me." And MHC misdirects you about who the killer is until the very last page of the reveal.

Although, the majority of the characters were likable, I hated Dee and Binky. Even Charles (because he held Binky on such a pedestal, even above his own daughters. He was just blind to the way th
Carol
Mar 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Mary Higgins Clark. I like them because they keep me guessing till the end. And each one is so different - she doesn't write by a formula. This one is about a psychologist who has a radio show and invites an author on who wrote a book about woman vanishing. The broadcast opens a can of worms that nearly kills Dr Susan and had me guessing who dunit till the end!
And she doesn't use bad language to "spice" up the story it works very well without!!!!!!
Jeanette (Again)
Feb 26, 2008 rated it liked it
I read this author sometimes because I have a friend who really loves her, and she gives me the books. The stories are a tad simplistic for my tastes, but Clark writes well, and the mysteries are fun.
Brandy
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Kind of predictable, but I did enjoy the book. I loved her writing throughout the book, and it was easy to read.
Seattle Overcast
Aug 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-books
This was my first Mary Higgins Clark book, but I enjoyed it! I did think that the killer was obvious from pretty early on, but I still found myself not able to put the book down. I kept wanting to read more and more. I found myself hoping that I was wrong about who the killer was. I do wish that there were some loose ends wrapped up, but it was a good read.
Queen
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my first MHC, and it was gifted to me by a dear friend. Albeit a little predictable, the writing still made for a good pageturner and was a good easy read for the weekend.
Lacey
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ann Goldbach
Apr 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Easy beach reading.
Kimberly
May 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller, mystery
My first Mary Higgins Clark. It was definitely intense, but not a favorite. Beginning seemed slow, middle was good and the ending completely rushed.
Tefu
May 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved the entire book, the trama was amaizing. Although, the end wasn´t that good, but most of it, i was grateful i could read it. I really recommend it!
Dipika Bangera
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have always loved Mary Higgins Clarks books and this book is no exception. I tend to get up in the middle of the night and continue reading as she is an excellent suspense creator. All her books are my favorites and if you like thrillers, please do read her books.
 Mummy Cat Claire
I'm not much for mysteries. They aren't bad, I like them, I just don't read them much. This book made me re-think my feelings towards the genre.

Clark is a pretty famous mystery writer. A lot of people like her books and I know she has written many but if you are ever going to try out one of her books, don't make this one your first.

There isn't much about this book that I liked so I am just gonna start with what I didn't like.

-Clark talks a lot about time in her book. Many times throughout the b
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
I've read several MHC books and generally enjoyed them, but this one was pretty meh, because of the ending. The story starts off well and left me guessing as to who the serial killer was, but when it was finally revealed, it was done in such a rushed way, with a poor motive for the bad guy, so not one of MHC's better books. ...more
Mary
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
A clever plot
Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo
3.5 Stars

You Belong To Me is a nice, fast read for avid mystery readers stuck in the house on a rainy day. Higgins Clark uses short chapters and a boat load of characters to advance the story which is fitting since a serial killer is preying upon lonely women on cruise liners.

Psychologist Dr. Susan Chandler has a successful call in radio show as well a private practice. She still has the instinct of a District Attorney and will need it as she explores the disappearance of Regina Clausen. Claus

• Deck the Halls
  • Hitched (Regan Reilly Mystery, #9)
  • Jinxed (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #6)
  • Iced  (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #3)
  • Top Secret Twenty-One: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich - Review Summary
  • Burned (Regan Reilly Mystery, #8)
  • Lights Out Tonight (KEY News, #9)
  • Zapped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #11)
  • Treacherous Estate
  • Decked (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #1)
  • Not Even for Love
  • Let Me Whisper In Your Ear (KEY News #3)
  • Daisy Sisters
  • Fleeced (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #5)
  • I'll Take Manhattan
  • The Chimney Sweeper's Boy
  • Nobody Knows (KEY News #5)
  • All Fall Down
The #1 New York Times bestselling author Mary Higgins Clark has written thirty-eight suspense novels, four collections of short stories, a his­torical novel, a memoir, and two children’s books. With bestselling author Alafair Burke she wrote the Under Suspicion series. With her daughter Carol Higgins Clark, she has coauthored five more suspense novels.

Clark’s books have sold more than 100 milli