Start by marking “Kain (Immortal Mackays, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kain (Immortal Mackays, #3)

Kain

(Immortal Mackays #3)

My unannounced marriage...felt like a deep void.
Felt like an open wound rubbed with sandpaper.
Felt like shards of glass shoved brutally beneath my throat.

Because after exchanging our wedding bands, I was questioned and kissed, kissed and questioned by Kain Riordan right there at the altar.

Who would be asking such disturbing questions to his lawfully wedded wife?
Kain would.
Published September 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Kain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kain

Start your review of Kain (Immortal Mackays, #3)
PP's Bookshelf
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beta Read : Full Review to Come

I got the chance to read a very early copy of this mafia romance and it surprised me in a good way. It was an angsty, emotional and mysterious read. The author layered the story cleverly with secrets and twists. So it was like unwrapping a present and the end result was quite satisfying.

The story is told in dual PoV and divided into three parts. The first part will be a bit slow as the author builds up the characters, the chemistry and the plot in this part. You wi
Sally Mieske
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read in the Immortal Mackays world. Which means it’s also my first time reading this author. I think she did a great job in portraying the mafia lifestyle. Kain is told in dual POV, Kain and Mia, and the story is set in New Zealand.

Kain is one of the Mackay boys, and part of the Mackay crime family. The Mackay family rules and these boys can’t be touched. So when Kain stumbles across Mia being tortured, he steps in and declares that she is going to marry him.

Mia was forced to
Fruzsina
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
🌟🌟🌟🌟 4 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟

❝(...) I'm too obsessed with you, Kain Riordan. Especially I like your bulldozing style into my life, unannounced an capturing me. Seducing me and knocking me off silently. Glad you did that all to me. And it took me two decades to find my prince in black leather jacket and boots, who loved riding Harley.❞

K. R. Ruth did an amazing job with her newest release, which is Kain, the third book in the Immortal Mackays series. I have only read the second book in it before jumping into
Brandy Roberts
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kain was one of those stories that held my attention from start to finish I wanted to know what was going to happen were talking no sleep for me till I finish this book kinda read . This would be the first story that I'm reading by K.R Ruth and I can't wait to read more by her and of coarse the first two books of the Immortal Mackays series . You can read this as a standalone but couples from the previous stories do make an appearance and some of their plot is mentioned . I feel like Kain and Mi ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
K.R. Ruth is a new to me author, so KAIN was the first book that I've read her, and it will not be my last. I know that it comes off that this book could be read as a standalone, but seriously, I really believe that the previous books in the Immortal Mackays should be read first to really understand the bigger picture, because I was confused for a bit. When I got past the confusion & figured out what was going on, I really couldn't put it down to save my life. Mia & Kain were perfect together, b ...more
Suniko
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review
K.R. Ruth is a new to me author, so KAIN was the first book that I’ve read from her, and it will not be my last. This was a story that held my attention from start to finish, I wanted to know what was going to happen next.

I know that it comes off that this book could be read as a standalone, but I highly recommend reading the previous books in the Immortal Mackays. Couples from the previous stories do make appearances and some of their plots are mentioned. Not only that, there were times that I
Shanna D
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
KAIN by K.R. Ruth. I thought this book way okay. I had a hard time getting into the story, not sure if it was due to the type of dialect that was used or if it was because I felt like I was thrown into the story and I wasn’t really sure what was going on during most of it. I am pretty sure this is due to not reading the previous books in the Immortal Mackays series and nothing on the authors part. Overall, I felt the main characters had a strong connection and a great story to share. I received ...more
Andrea Thompson
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I seem to have a knack for picking up the third book in a series to start it out. While this book can be read as standalone, I do feel like I'll have a much better grasp of this world and the characters in it after reading the first two.

This is a somewhat dark, mafia flavored romance. Kain and Mia are an interesting and complicated couple, put together under... interesting circumstances. Regardless, their chemistry is off the charts hot and the layers of secrets and reveals that the author has p
Ga Books LoverX
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book pulls you in right away! You want to know what is going on and get inside of Mia and Kain's head right away. It was a little confusing in the beginning, but it always held my attention with a unique way of storytelling and SUPER hot moments! I loved both of the characters and was very entertained while reading. I do wish I would have read the first few books in the series beforehand to know the backstory a bit better, so I recommend you doing that first and then reading! I am looking f ...more
poppy
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first read from this author and is the third book in the series. This was a great read and I cannot wait to go back and read the previous books in the series. I was quickly pulled int Kain and Mia's book the storyline was good and held my interest all the way through. I thought these two were hot together Mia is a fantastic character she was so strong even though she had been through so much and he was just perfect for her.
Heather W
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
KAIN is the third book in the Immortal MacKays series. This is the first book I have read by this author and I really enjoyed it. I found the Kain and Mia to be well-developed characters that had great chemistry. The storyline was well written and flowed nicely throughout. I enjoyed having the point of view of both characters. I am looking forward to reading more of this series.

I voluntarily read and reviewed a copy of this book with no obligation.
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok this is the 3rd book in this series and it is a stand alone but some from the first books show up in this one.
Kain and Mia well their relationship is not starting on the right foot but what ever does with the mafia.
These two grow up so much in this book at least in my eyes and who wouldn't want a man like Kain.
Mia is such a strong woman and the twists and turns in this book will keep you pulled into this world
Thi
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an ok read for me. For most of the book I was confused on what was going on. It probably would have been better to read the other books in the series before jumping into this one. It really didn’t make much sense and there were just too many characters to work out who they were to each other.
Jamie
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful slow build dual POV story. Kane and Mia are both multi faceted characters, and the builds and evolves from a welcoming pace to one that is thrilling.

Lynn
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is well written with an interesting storyline. I enjoyed the characters and their interactions. Pretty good book

E&A Book
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story. I was captivated by Kain and Mia from the beginning to the end. It was full of secrets, betrayals, love, and I could not put it down. The dual POV flowed smoothly and I really enjoyed looking at things from both perspectives.
K.R. Ruth
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hello,
KAIN is #LIVE & Free on #KU

Your buy links:
Amazon US ➜ https://urlzs.com/z8LM9
Amazon UK ➜ https://urlzs.com/NDfPD
Amazon CA ➜ https://urlzs.com/KL6NP
Amazon AU ➜ https://urlzs.com/HKU1B

FB Reading Group➜http://bit.do/exVyr

You might even receive an Arc before the release date!
Thi
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aleia L
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
💭

Kain and Mia’s story pulled me in and didn’t let me go! I loved their chemistry. I’m definitely going to give the first two books of the series a try! I enjoyed this mafia romance!
Nivedha
Shelley
Marta
Aug 11, 2019

• Flirty Ever Afters
  • Mr. September (Calendar Boys #9)
  • Depraved
  • Ruined (Willow Creek #3)
  • Range of Motion (Ranger Ops #4)
  • Living with the Single Dad (The Single Dads of Seattle Book 4)
  • Under The Mistletoe (The Matchmaker Series #1)
  • Frisked by You (SAPD SWAT #6)
  • Your Neighborhood Chef (The Neighborhood #5)
  • Tobias (The Kings of Brighton #1)
  • Cowboy's Fantasy (A Big Sky Short Story)
  • Dad's Irish Mafia Friend (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #110)
  • Exposed (Tribute Brides Of The Drexian Warriors, #3)
  • Sugar Daddy (Sugar and Spice Book 1)
  • Curves for the Billionaire
  • Grit and Grind (Dirty South, #1)
  • Blood Sky (Broken Mercenaries, #1)
  • Law & Disorder
She lives in Pluto and lives with Pluto--do not confuse with Plato.
That's how you're WARNED: she can confuse the h*ll out of you.

Also, you can see her accounts almost on all the social platforms, posting nothing at all.
Because she's--anti-climatically--anti-social, but stubbornly refuses to believe that tragic factor.

You can't see her anywhere other than in her crate, tapping heavily on her phone

Immortal Mackays (3 books)
  • Rion (Immortal Mackays, #1)
  • Zach (Immortal Mackays, #2)

News & Interviews