Start by marking “Awakened And Betrayed (The Lost Sentinel, #2)” as Want to Read:
Awakened And Betrayed (The Lost Sentinel, #2)

Awakened And Betrayed

(The Lost Sentinel #2)

My name is Vinna and I am a Sentinel.
I’m the last in a line of a hunted, magical race, coveted and killed for our power and abilities.
I was hidden and protected, but now that I’ve been found, it’s a race to see who can command and control me.
Joke’s on them, I bow to no one.
I need to master my magic, and protect the five guys I’ve marked as my own at all costs.
Because th
Kindle Edition
Published January 28th 2019

Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I feel I have been super nitpicky these past few days as my reviews have shown but this here...this was just too much.

I loved the first book, I thought the heroine was a total badass because she was a fighter and she didnt let the guys in her harem walk all over her, the only issue I had in that book was that the guys were a little bit childish. This book dialed that childishness x10, it drove me crazy. They were always laughing, god dammit , it drove me crazy. I feel like the grinch or somethin
Gaby★Me Myshelf and I★
After my rave 5 star review of book 1 you might be wondering what the hell has happened ? I asked myself this same question so many times when I was reading this and I’m not even sure I can come up with an answer.

Now Ivy Asher is a new author so I’m bringing out kind me because Ivy has such potential and I really don’t like to discourage new authors – I promise I don’t!

So where did it all go wrong…

The bar was set high – I really did enjoy this world in book 1. Vinna was kicking ass and everythi
Jessica
This started as a possible DNF, but I pushed through. Then morphed into a possible 2 star read, I continued to read though. Final, final-3 Stars.

I clearly have a love/hate thing with this series. Meaning, sometimes I hate it and want to DNF it, but something keeps pulling me back in.

My biggest complaint is that the MC is both a special snowflake and Mary Sue all while being Such. A. Bitch. She spends much of the first part of the book being stubborn, angry, judgmental, abrasive. Just not cool,
Andrea
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Noooo I can’t have finished it already!!

After eagerly awaiting this book, I was terrified to read it! Why you ask??? Because then I would FINISH it! And it happened...and now I’m dying for book 3! Awakened and betrayed was every bit as good, as The Lost and the Chosen! Vinna is as bad a...errr kick a...well she’s as tough as ever!! And all I can say about Torrez is; Yes!! Bring on the shifter!!
Princess J. Antoinette
I just love a badass heroine... I just can't get enough of this series.. Can't wait for book 3.
Jeni
Fantastic

The first book was awesome and I hoped book two would match up. At this point I think it might have actually been better. The story was smoother, the characters better developed and wow, did the plot move along at a steady clip. Downside? Another cliffhanger, but this time it's more than a few days for the next book! Oh well, totally worth the read and I'll just use the time between now and book 3 as an excuse to re-read 1 and 2 when it comes out :)
Stephaniec
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5*
Irestia
There's something about this series that engages me despite all the things that bug me about it.

The harem members other than Sabin are basically interchangeable to me. Even 80% into book 2, I was needing to remind myself which guy was which. The author tells us that Knox is the go-with-the-flow one and Bastien is the emotional one, but I guess I'll just have to take her word for it.

The MC adds an outsider to her harem, and I'm not into it. I like the close bond that the guys have, and I don't w
Jenn
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a ride!!

And what an ENDING!!! Omgomgomg. I really loved this book (as if there was any doubt) and feel like our baby sentinel grew. Vinna has always been self reliant and can (and does!) kick ass with her weapons.. but she really grows up when she can show how powerful she is by being vulnerable and listening to others. Such a great story and can’t wait to see where it takes us next!
Amber
WOW!

The only negative thing I have to say about this book is that I finished it and I wasn't ready for it to be over. This is a work of perfection. Amazing characters, completely captivating story line and awesome twist and turns make this one a must read! The only thing else I can say is I NEED BOOK 3!
Avid
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Suspenseful with lots of action and romance. Not as cohesive a plot as book 1 but still complete with a cliffhanger that sets up the drama for book 3. Wish there had been more downtime for relationship development, but given the looming threat, it's understandable that their time is spent differently. At least she met parents and got to see some other coven/group dynamics. I'm happy to be surprised by the villain of this novel. So often in novels I read, there's a good guy and a bad guy, and it' ...more
Erin
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solace isn't all that comforting

Vinna has been in cage fights before but nothing like this. Betrayal and loss after betrayal and loss are taking their toll. Sentinel status is just bringing all the crazies and power hungry jerks running like a rung dinner bell. She has 3 more years till her awakening but can't stay with her uncle's coven a moment longer. The elders jump on that and make it worse, though. Enoch's dad offers help but it comes with a price and she already has her chosen.

Spoilers a
Laura Duval
Holy Guacamole!

How awesome is Ms. Ivy Asher??? Well, 5 star awesome that is.
This is book two of the Lost Sentinel series and it was goooood. I would have written a review much sooner but I went back and read it a second time around first to make sure I didnt miss anything in all my excitement.
So I'm not going to ruin the novel for anyone. The heroine continues to be a badass that truly sticks to her character from the first book. With that being said, all I can say is 1) about time, 2) growllll
Rhiannon Chillingworth
3.5, but unsure whether to go up or down!

Overall this was a disappointing second book in comparison to the first. It did seem to drag on a bit and not a massive amount happened.

Vinna being controlled by the Elders got old really quick. There really was no reason for her to allow them to control her.

I struggled to remember a lot about the guys, and while I remember them feeling pretty distinct from one another in the first book, but they didn't seem to have much individual personality in this one
Helle Gade
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this copy as an ARC.

I LOVE IT!!!!! The author freaking blew my mind. I'm ready to reread it again. *insert positive swear words* I stayed up all night reading, I couldn't put it down.

I have waited since December with baited breath to get my hands on this *Gollum voice* precious book. Well let me tell you, this book was even better than the first one.

I was nail biting, sitting on the edge of my seat nervous, exited, appalled, angry, giggeling and so much more. Not to forget that book
Missy Brown
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How did that happen? The second is better than the first!

How in the world did that happen? I loved the first book, hooked me from the start. Book two, even better! We get a few answers, more drama, action, movement on the sex front, and what even one more added!! This was just awesome guys. I am all over the place with what I want to say, but I can’t think of anything except, get this, read it and then read it again it was so good!!
Jessica
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing

While there lacks a lot of world building and character building, which is frustrating since the description of a single room can take up an entire page, I'm all about this series. I'm hooked and am hating that I have to wait for book 3 to see exactly wth is going on with the markings.
Siri
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
HOLY HELL GIVE ME MORE YOU MOTHERFUCKER! you know when the book is lit when you can't stop reading and you are scared shittless that it's gonna end..😭 Vinna, fkn love u , i hope we will get some more hot scenes in the next book🔥
Bianca Souza
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I just didn't give it a four star because I couldn't connect with the wolf of her Harem
Beth Babb
Best whychoose series!!

This series is going to become my all time favorite! Ivy Asher is a master storyteller and I can't wait for the next book.
Janette Gorman
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I got so invested in this book I could’ve cried when I finished. I really hope the next book is close by! Fantastic writing and great characters
Missy
#bookhangover

Just as good as book 1! The author has something to hook the reader on every page. She knows how to keep them reading.

I laughed, I swore, I teared up. It was magical.

Well done!
Danielle Tyas
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
' their not the same '

Well! Where to start! What a cliff hanger to leave this book on!
How could you Ivy!
What an ace carry on from the first book, did not let me down at all. That ending! Well I hope I don't have to wait long
Action picks up, the RH coming more into this one but again not in your face. Still a slow burner but great story long.
Sophia
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

this is Vinna, she wants to fight all the things and people...

this is me, forgetting all the harem members names as well as (view spoiler)
Amy Ausburn
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A-feeaking-mazing

So we are back with Vinna and the guys in book 2. Lots of more action(in more ways than one *winks*), deception, enemies, love and discovery fill this book.
The world building is not quite as involved as book one. That's not a bad thing though as book one had to explain every thing about their world to us. Book 2 only needs to show us where they are and a few things that they are finding out as we read along. The rules remain consistent both from the last book and this book.
The
Dustin Gross
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't Have Hoped for Better!!

Firstly, I don't disclose parts of books in my reviews. If you want a summary, read the book's blurb. That said, Awakened and Betrayed deserves for you to read more than just a blurb, and you deserve more, as well. If you are new to The Lost Sentinel Series and are wondering if it's worth starting, trust me, there's no question it is. I read hundreds of books every year, and typically select them at random without searching out particular authors or genres. That's
Ada
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure what to feel about this book. It's left me as blank as before I started reading this. I think the lack of interesting substance in the book eventually makes me feel.. indifferent, meh.

When it comes to the major plotline, things move sporadically with more emphasis on scenes with another coven. I didn't mind the training scenes but it would have been better with her mates instead. The guys aren't any more developed than what we saw in the first book and as such including another cov
Rosie Berry-Smith
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I was so terrified that book two wouldn’t live up to the sheer awesomeness of book one but IT WAS INCREDIBLE! Everything about this series has stolen my soul.

The story itself is refreshingly original and you can’t help but fall in love with the characters. I flove the MC not only is she a badass but she is so relatable. I love the way that Ivy has made her real. She’s not your typical sits and waits to be rescued MC. She cusses and throws tantrums, is loyal to the core and loves her men deeply.
Rebecca
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good!

The first book in this series, The Lost and The Chosen, was so good, I wasn't sure the author could top it. But, she has done it. In the first book, which definitely should be read first, we meet an amazing set of characters who are so well developed, and feel so real, that you'll feel like you could run into them in the street. With this book, she has added to that group, adding more characters, and further developing the storyline, without losing anything. While there is a warning of
Shannon Bittner
Feb 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 82%

I really tried, but I just got tired waiting for the plot to pick up. As it was finishing book one was hard for me because of how easily the guys fell for her and how perfect they all seemed but the end with the lamia and the drama of her past I had higher hopes for book 2. I thought that the second installment of the series would finally pick up the pace, but nope. Not only that, but the relationship fell into place too fast for that to be the main reason for me to be interested, not
  • Gypsy Origins (All The Pretty Monsters Book 3)
  • Wolf's Calling (Wolves of Crimson Hollow, #2)
  • Witch's Blade (The Bone Coven Chronicles #3)
  • Greed (The Damning Book 1)
  • Realms of Fire and Shadow (Fae Witch Chronicles #3)
  • Knightfall
  • Unchained Beauty (Deadly Beauties Live On, #5)
  • White Charms and Dark Secrets (Grey Witch, #2)
  • Hoodwinked (The Demon Exchange Series Book 1)
  • Shifters and Glyphs (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #2)
  • Throne of Wolves: A WhyChoose Shifter Romance
  • Queen Takes Rook (Their Vampire Queen, #4)
  • Mistress of Blackwen (Artemis Ravenwing, #2)
  • Dirty Alphas: A Reverse Harem Urban Fantasy Romance
  • Winter's War (Her Guardians series #4)
  • Moonshade (Vampire Conclave #1)
  • Vampire Charming (Not Another Vampire, #2)

The Lost Sentinel (4 books)
  • The Lost and the Chosen (The Lost Sentinel, #1)
  • Untitled (The Lost Sentinel, #3)
  • Untitled (The Lost Sentinel, #4)
“Now you listen to me...you may be one badass Sentinel, but guess what, so am I now. Stop questioning your place in our lives. Stop doubting us when we say that no matter what, this is what we want. You are what we want. The scorching I just got from those runes? That’s nothing compared to the hurt when you doubt me, doubt your place with us. So get your shit together, Killer. Either you’re in, or you’re out.” 0 likes
“Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul. In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears Looms but the Horror of the shade, And yet the menace of the years Finds, and shall find me, unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.” 0 likes