Start by marking “Man Hunt (SEALs of Shadow Force: Spy Division, #1)” as Want to Read:
Man Hunt (SEALs of Shadow Force: Spy Division, #1)

Man Hunt

(SEALs of Shadow Force: Spy Division #1)

Ryker Baptiste is one dangerous man.

He’s also dead…

To protect a young boy, former SEAL Ryker Baptiste faked his own death. He made a promise to the boy’s mother, and he will move heaven and hell—even pretend to be dead—if that’s what it takes to keep the boy safe from his terrorist father.

Ryker's former CIA handler Mia Shaine lost her job because of him. Now she has one
ebook
Published January 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Man Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man Hunt

Start your review of Man Hunt (SEALs of Shadow Force: Spy Division, #1)
Carla Bulian
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book!
It have everything I like: suspense, romance, and a lot of action!!!!
It’s worth the reading!
Elizabeth Neal
What a great start to this new series! It's sad how one situation can change so many lives. Following a mission, Ryker faked his own death, took on the care of a little boy who lost his mom when Ryker couldn't save her from her husband, and Mia, Ryker's over-the-phone only handler, was fired.

Ryker knows it's time for him and Jaeger to move again and start over somewhere else. He knows this isn't any way for them to live, but at least they'll be living. However, he didn't outrun the past like he
Ash
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
All the characters were good. Action was great and the climax was totally kick ass.
Romance was just blah. I would have like it if the author would have ended the book with the couple exploring their relationship instead of falling in love and planning to get married in a week.
Margaret
Misty Evans kicks off her new spin-off series with a fast-paced, action-packed story that has both the romance and suspense that I have come to expect from her. With lives at stake and perhaps a bit of payback to deliver, Ryker and Mia proved to be great partners – both professionally and personally!

I loved both Ryker and Mia and loved seeing these two become partners and then more. Both of them have a protective streak that runs a mile deep, so keeping who they love safe drives them to see thei
Becky
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, arc
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 2/8/2019.

SEALs of Shadow Force + spies = YES, PLEASE!

Ms. Evans' new series gets off to a great start--it grabbed me from page one and just wouldn't let me go until I'd turned the last page. I loved both Mia and Ryker as characters--throw in the fact that they're spies on an undercover mission, and yeah, I'm pretty much a goner... ;)

The action here is non-stop, as is the danger--sure, their romance is more than a little insta-ish (they knew each other brief
Amy R
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Man Hunt by Misty Evans is the first in the Spies of Shadow Force series as they form their Spy Division / Nemsis group. It’s fantastic! I am a big fan of anything spy-related so I was glad to see a series like this get started. Evans writes spies so incredibly well.

Ryker and Mia are such interesting characters from the beginning. They both have their secrets, but what spy doesn’t? Evans knows how to pull at a reader’s heartstrings, even when she writes big bad spies and SEALs. Just add in an ad
Cricket
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good. The plot was excellent and well thought out. The characters are well developed and the scenes are well written. What I liked most about this book is the attention to detail. It opens in Australia in the outback and the way the details are written I could picture the place in my mind.
The action in this book is pretty much nonstop. The male lead character Ryker a former CIA Agent now on his own. He has a promise to keep and a mission to finish, he just has to do both wi
Jo-Ann Fitzgerald
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is the 1st book in the series. I would make sure you read California Violent Crimes Task force series first. Then the SEALs of Shadow Force series before reading this one.

The heroine is feeling guilty because of things which happened with the hero. However, when she finds out he’s alive, she gets mad and stubborn towards him because of what he did even though she was the cause of the loss of her job. She really wants her old job back.

Our hero is a stubborn, protective person. He made a pr
Judyrudy
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Man Hunt is the first book in Misty Evans’s SEALS of Shadow Force, Spy Division series. From the opening pages I was glued to the book. From the outset, Ryker was an intriguing character. He’d gone underground, faking his own death and on top of that took on the responsibilities of a child.

Mia was there when Ryker’s mission fell apart. She wants to get to the bottom of what went wrong as well as fix a wrong that happened to someone close to her.

Ryker and Mia are forced to play a married couple a
Yvonne Cruz
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good beginning for a spin-off of SEALS of Shadow Force.
This time, we are going to get to know spies.
Ryker Baptiste was a CIA agent who, in order to protect a young boy and honor his mom’s final words, he faked his death and is on the run with the boy. He constantly looking over his shoulder , trying to stay a step ahead of any possible evil forces .
Mia Shaine was his handler, and lost her job while trying to help Ryker. She was the “voice” that he still hears in his dreams.
Both are protective
Andrea M.
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Man Hunt by Misty Evans is a great start to the Seals of Shadow Force, Spy Division series. I’ve been a fan of Evans’s work since I first read The Blood Code in 2013. I love the fact that her romantic suspense novels always have a nice balance of romance, action & suspense with the tension building on every page. Each story-including Man Hunt— has been crafted with well-developed characters and scenarios that have captivated me from page one. Read More

I received this copy of this book from the a
Dawn Cruikshank
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man Hunt

OMG! Another exciting,thrilling story from Misty! This story is about Mia and Ryker. Both had worked for the CIA but both were betrayed by them. Now enters Beatrice and her group to basically rescue both of them and have the two work a mission together. Of course the mission is exciting to the point that it puts you on the edge of your seat as to whether they will survive or not. For being an analyst, Mia held her own in the field. Of course, can't have a story without the couple falling
Linda Quick
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book!!! Ryker is a former SEAL hiding a young child to protect him, while the world presumes them both dead. Mia is a disgraced former CIA employee who was terminated over the same op that left Ryker presumed dead. Beatrice has Mia contacted for a specific roll and tasks her with first with finding and recruiting Ryker to be her partner in a specific op. What follows is a quickly moving tale that kept me turning pages just as quickly as possible.

Fans of the genre will love this novel
Elisa
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shadow Force Spy Division, what a fantastic spin-off a new team for Beatrice to rule over and a whole new type of game, I just loved it.

So I have to say first up I seriously love the cover, talk about sexy James Bond type just a perfect representation of Ryker.

The story was fascinating, intriguing and intense I couldn't put it down, even when I finished it the first time I went back and read it again it was that good.

Ryker and Mia were a great team, once they both got over themselves lol and the
Cheryl Roberts
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A really good first book for this series. The setup was well done, giving me enough information without giving away future plot points. The characters were well developed and, as a result, their actions were plausible in light of their character and experience. I especially enjoyed the skillful balancing required by the main characters in their personal and business relationships. The action was well paced and the romance aspect was artfully and organically woven in. Setting, action, romance, ch ...more
Chanel
This is well written action-suspense-romance story that had me from Chapter 1. The pace of the story kept me intrigued and I was entertained by the compelling cast of characters. The intense and sexy leading man, Ryker, wasn’t afraid to show his softened side. The book was strong on woman power portrayed by the leading lady Mia, the mysterious Beatrice, the no-nonsense Parker, legal-eagle Cassandra, and even the villainous Josefina. The storyline crossed genre, as there was an entertaining and l ...more
Mary Lawson
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seals of Shadow Force
Spy Division
Misty Evans

Intriguing suspense, twists and turns, budding romance fills this story from beginning to end.
Brought back from the ‘dead’ to finish a mission Ryker is partnered with newbie agent, Mia who has her own agenda to complete the assignment.
Can they learn to work together in order to capture the criminal and protect thousands of people?
Misty Evans has once again created a story of adventure and romance that will have you not want it to end.
Nicole Smith
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an addition to the Shadow Force series. We still get to the gang, but a new batch get to work their magic. This one had me hooked right from the beginning. The action and suspense had me on the edge of my seat. Ryker had me won over instantly because watching him with the little boy melted my heart. This book definitely shows you the nasty seedier side of life. I always look forward to Misty Evans books because she may take you on one heck of a ride, but the ending always makes the journ ...more
Mandy C
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read the seals of shadow force and this is on a par!

I love the seals of shadow force series. This new series is no different. The characters are cheeky, sarcastic, downright irritatingly gorgeous and a little sexist at times but I would still love to have my very own! The women are strong and sassy, perfect to keep their men on their toes and the writing makes you feel like you are in the room with them all! Very well written, with lots of action, humour, touching moments and good old fas
Davia
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Ryker is incredible! Mia is amazing. Taking these two former agents on an assignment after the hell they had each been through personally was nuts. Super fantastic! Ryker comes off as no desire for entanglement beyond the child her already saved and Mia is struggling to get her career back on track after a senator derailed it. Together they are unstoppable. Bravo Misty you do not ever disappoint!
Lyn Avery
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the start of the book in Australia, the protective side of a warrior for a child. The opposites attract worked well in this storyline. The added dimension of family responsibilities, fighting evil and battling to find what makes up their own inner core strength and moral code. This book was a great read for a weekend, where you did not have to put it down.
Helene
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of the Shadow Force series and Misty Evans has led off the spin off with a slam bang.

We were taken of a rollercoaster of romance and espionage. The story was fast paced and there was never a dull moment.

Ryker and Mia were in synch professionally and personally and provided the backdrop for an amazing story.

I look forward to the next installment.
Hazel Robinson
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

If you love espionage, bad guys in all forms ( black market weapons, human trafficking, bondage, and the good guys that shut there business down you will love this book. This is a first by this author but not the last. Only one sex scene but it was HOT. Loved Ryder and Mia.
Larisa
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness! Can I have a Ryker? Seriously, this was a great contemporary read and I do have a soft spot for a man in uniform. Mia is definitely his match whether he wants to admit it or not! Lots of action you'd expect from a spy theme and some super hot M/F action.
Susan Jordens
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a way to start a new series. This book has everything you could wish for in this non stop adventure. My attention was grabbed from page one right until the end so good in fact I wanted more! I definitely recommend this book to you I loved it.
Robin Gland
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Misty Evans is an excellent writer of Romantic Suspense.

This story is written with humor, sex, generosity of spirit and wonderful characters. It's a page-turner that I truly enjoyed. Thanks, Misty. Looking forward to Man Killer.
Kathy Crouch
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Great Novel by Misty Evans

I love Misty's books. The way her character Beatrice takes in wounded warriors whether CIA or military is fun to watch.
This was no exception. She brings together two people who need help to work a mission and take down the bad guys.
Greg Dixon
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man hunt deals of shadow force 1

A good read for people who are in to the series recommend highly can't wait for the next one of the series a really enjoyable read but quick shaping up to be a enjoyable series must read the next one of the series
Verna
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great new (sort of) series from a must read author....
S. R. Lewis
Okay

This book just didn't pull me in like the SCVC taskforce books and the Justice Team books did. The characters are good. The story was okay.

• Black List (Black's Bandits, #1)
  • Covert Vengeance (Vengeance, #2)
  • Bishop's Knight (Endgame Trilogy #1)
  • Stealing Vengeance (Vengeance, #1)
  • Shattered Vows (Crimson Point, #3)
  • Rocky Ground (Crimson Point #4)
  • Explosive Vengeance (Vengeance, #3)
  • Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy, #2)
  • Toxic Vengeance (Vengeance, #4)
  • Chasing Vengeance (Redemption Harbor, #7)
  • The Savior (Aces #1)
  • Hard Target (Cobra Elite, #1)
  • The Protector (Aces #2)
  • Cold & Deadly (Cold Justice: Crossfire, #1)
  • Buried Lies (Crimson Point, #2)
  • HOT Justice (Hostile Operations Team, #14)
  • HOT SEAL Hero (HOT SEAL Team #7)
  • Bishop's Endgame (Endgame Trilogy #3)
USA TODAY Bestselling Author Misty Evans has published over fifty novels and writes romantic suspense, urban fantasy, and paranormal romance.

The books in her Super Agent series have won a CataNetwork Reviewers’ Choice Award, CAPA nominations, the New England Reader’s Choice Bean Pot Award for Best Romantic Suspense in 2010 and the ACRA Heart of Excellence Reader’s Choice Award for Best Romantic S

SEALs of Shadow Force: Spy Division (3 books)
  • Man Killer (SEALs of Shadow Force: Spy Division #2)
  • Man Down, SEALs Of Shadow Force: Spy Division, Book 3 (SEALs of Shadow Force Romantic Suspense Series)

News & Interviews