Start by marking “Lines (Record Label Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lines (Record Label Love, #1)

Lines (Record Label Love, #1)

Jaxon James is a solo artist, towering at the height of his career. He’s got it all and then some; a sprawling house in the Hollywood Hills, sold out arena shows – and a bit of an addictive personality. Elliot Warren is an actor, teetering on the brink of obscurity. He hit his peak in the late noughties and now struggles by on the notoriety of being the most quoted cast me ...more
Kindle Edition
Published January 15th 2019 by In The Dark

To ask other readers questions about Lines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lines

Start your review of Lines (Record Label Love, #1)
Robin Morgan
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-own-books
I won a Mobi.file copy of this book from the author through a giveaway she had on LibraryThing and the following is my honest opinion.

In order to be a successful reviewer of a wide spectrum of genres I need to possess a multitude of mindsets. So, when it comes to any sort of LGBT genre [erotic or not] I need to rely on my erotic writing personae for guidance in reading/reviewing this genre.

The two male protagonists in this story definitely seem to complement each other, with each one needing the
blub
サヘリー
Nov 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Maybe I'm just not in the right frame of mind to appreciate characters like Jaxon and Elliott right now. Maybe all the assholery that they do to each other (does Elliott ever find out that he was originally Jaxon-not-Jack's PR prop?) is indeed poetic and beautiful in a neon-lights-indie-flick way.

Speaking of, the enTIRE book is basically an expansion of this tweet:

"(film critic after watching a movie that features some neon lighting)
this movie is absolutely nuts, like an acid trip slathered in
Alexis Woods
This book was received free in return for an honest review via Goodreads Don't Buy My Love program.

Lines is the perfect title for this story of two lost souls of the City of Angels. Jaxon, a superstar musician and Elliot, a seriel actor, meet at a bar when Jaxon is wasted by both drugs and alcohol. Addiction aside, Elliot is drawn to Jaxon and vice versa. But addiction's ensaring hold continues to push and pull at their fledging relationship.

Wonderful smooth writing throughout the story, but wha
Stephanie
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a journey, in all senses of the word. The story and the characters are bewitching. Jaxon and Elliot are opposites, who attract each other quite literally like static electricity. At different points in the book, they are each larger than life. But they also crave the same, very basic human things -- companionship, love, acceptance, someone they can rely on, someone who knows them so well it's nearly reflexive. There is joy, love, and euphoria. There is fleeting happiness and the au ...more
Mary Mary
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
* a copy of this book was provided for free by the author in exchange for an honest review via the MMRG Don't Buy My Love Program *

It was my first book by this author and I already crave more.
It was a complicated love story with lots of drama, drugs and Hollywood parties. I loved the way it was written, it was difficult to stop reading. When it comes to MCs it took me some time to warm up to Jaxon and understand him, but in the end I really, really wanted to see him happy with Elliot.

I loved th
Jo Newton
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recieved an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book was fun to read! I had a blast with Jaxon and Elliot. The way they met was hilarious and they just kinda meshed well together throughout the whole book. The world building was great but I wish there had been a little more depth with the side characters. I also wish there had been a bit more at the end with sobriety between the two. It just seemed like a missed opportunity.
Overall I had a blast reading about an out and pro
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a captivating story! Right from the beginning you know it won’t be your stereotypical romance, Jaxon is SUCH a livewire and Elliot is in way, way over his head.

So, without giving too much away, Jaxon is a pop star with a ton of excesses and Elliot is the unwitting actor who gets dragged along for the ride. It starts as sort of a relationship of convenience but then they both catch the feels and things spiral out of control from there. And they’re such EASY characters to fall in lo
Aparna
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very well written book. The story starts when Elliot a struggling actor who runs into Jaxon James in a bar. Jaxon James is a bonafide star who is living the fast life with fame success and the things that come with it.. drugs..alcohol. Elliot and Jaxon find themselves attracted to each other and realize they are meant to be until a disaster that breaks them apart..Will they get back together..Will either of them be able survive losing the one they love!

A steamy read..but what I liked
Mareike
added it
Sep 03, 2020

• Only Mostly Devastated
  • The Bones Beneath My Skin
  • Marc Jillson & The Gazebo (Love Inscribed, #2)
  • The Queen & the Homo Jock King (At First Sight, #2)
  • A Hard Call (Stonewall Investigations, #1)
  • Wrangled (Spruce Texas Romance, #4)
  • Campy (Ballsy Boys #4)
  • Shattered Glass (Shattered Glass, #1)
  • Thunder
  • Project Hero
  • The Soldier's Scoundrel (The Turner Series, #1)
  • Don't Call Me Dirty
  • Join or Die (Heir to the Scion, #1)
  • The Prince and His Bedeviled Bodyguard (Paranormal Princes #1)
  • The Ruin of a Rake (The Turner Series, #3)
  • The Lawrence Browne Affair (The Turner Series, #2)
  • It Takes Two to Tumble (Seducing the Sedgwicks, #1)
  • If Only in My Dreams
When she’s not reading or writing steamy romantic fiction, you can find Reanna bouncing between swimming, boy scouts and book club. She’s living her very own happily ever after in the north-east of England with her husband, two (mostly) adorable boys and a collection of pets she did not ask for.

A writer of romantic fiction for fifteen years, Reanna writes strong, compelling characters who stay wit