Start by marking “Fauns and Filinians (Prophet of Panamindorah #1)” as Want to Read:
Fauns and Filinians (Prophet of Panamindorah #1)

Fauns and Filinians

(Prophet of Panamindorah #1)

Corry showed up at the orphanage two years ago, unable to remember how he’d gotten there. He spoke a language no one recognized, and he was afraid of cars and planes and computers. Corry can remember snippets of another life, but no matter how hard he tries to remember, it just keeps slipping away. Then one day, he meets a fauness in an orange grove. She’s from a world ...more
Audiobook
Published 2008 by Abigail Hilton

To ask other readers questions about Fauns and Filinians, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fauns and Filinians

Start your review of Fauns and Filinians (Prophet of Panamindorah #1)
**✿❀ Maki ❀✿**
I didn't manage to get as hooked into Fauns and Filinians as I did the Cowry Catcher series. Probably because Cowry Catcher had pirates. And Silveo.

Prophet has a slightly different cast of shelts and beasts than Cowry Catchers did, mostly due to the stories taking place in very different parts and times of Panamindorah. It was weird only hearing grishnards mentioned in passing, though I loved the image of deer mounts! It was also nice to actually see wolflings, and a cast of filinians (talking
Matthew
Apr 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book, and its two sequels, are a good listen. The world of Panamindorah has a distinct personality and feels like a real place being described to you; a feat so many fantasy novels fail at. The reading is clear and audible. Only a couple sound effects are used, and those are subtle enough that the book doesn't sound like a bad radio drama.
In my opinion, the plot doesn't seem like it's going anywhere until the second book, and none of the characters are really three dimensional until then.
porcelaintree
Nov 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Book I of the Prophet series serves as a delightful introduction to the world of Panamindorah, a fantastic realm of fauns, talking beasts, and the occasional wizard. In this volume, we meet our protagonist, Cory, and journey with him on his quest for his identity, meeting a variety of colorful characters along the way, as well as learning about the history and current troubles of the world they inhabit. Ms. Hilton's talent shines as she leads us on exciting adventures through a lushly-described ...more
Lilyana Bone
Jul 19, 2011 rated it liked it
The ideas here are interesting and I was amazed by the level the author goes to in establishing waring creatures and societies with deep seeded hate and history. But this is also her down fall in my opinion. There are to many names to remember and I had to keep referring to the authors website to recall what shelts were what. The character list I found helpful but felt that is an issue I should not need to refer to a character list.
Then the end was horrible more like a chapter cliff hanger. I
Brenda .
Apr 06, 2012 rated it liked it
The plot was good and sometimes during the book I was really engrossed but for me there seemed to be a lot of confusion on who was what and what was who. I don't feel the explanations of "shelts", wood fauns, and almost any of the characters were not explained efficiently enough to have a grasp on who and what the characters were without constantly trying to refer to certain portions of the book. Overall (if you can ignore your confusion) I did like the book.
Jason Kivela
Sep 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Anyone that likes high-fantasy should listen to The Prophet of Panamindorah. There are three books, all free. While the summary makes it sound like it's your typical "kid falls into a fantasy world" kinda of story, it ends up being more focused on the politics and events of a war between the races. Yet with a lot of action. Very well done, and a good original world. There is enough classical fantasy elements that people can understand, but enough new races and world rules that it's interesting.
Ryan
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This solo read podio book is highly entertaining. I'm listening after first being introduced to the Guild of the Cowry Catchers. You should listen to this. Find it on podiobooks.com, itunes, or the authors website.
Miramira Endevall
Jul 06, 2011 rated it liked it
I'm interested to see where this series goes, but I will say that there are entirely too many unanswered (yet obvious) questions at the end of this Act I. However, this is one of the better first-time-author books I've encountered and I've a sneaking suspicion it's going to keep getting better.
DDog
I enjoyed it and I will definitely read more from this author.
Rasma
Feb 16, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was transported to another world, a world not even I understood fully! I am curious what happens next! I was left with a cliff hanger quite literally!
Sandra Mckenzie
Apr 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Writer, wonderful stories.. All of them.
Donna Barnard
May 17, 2014
Tiina
Nov 17, 2013
Ash Adler
rated it did not like it
Nov 05, 2016

• Tamer: King of Dinosaurs 5
  • Tamer: King of Dinosaurs 2
  • Tamer: King of Dinosaurs
  • Carmilla
  • Tamer: King of Dinosaurs 6 (Tamer: King of Dinosaurs #6)
  • Hellion (Relentless, #7)
  • Fated (Relentless, #6)
  • The Summoner (Chronicles of the Necromancer, #1)
  • Dark Haven (Chronicles of the Necromancer, #3)
  • Dark Lady's Chosen (Chronicles of the Necromancer, #4)
  • The Blood King (Chronicles of the Necromancer, #2)
  • Stuff and Nonsense (Threadbare #1)
  • Sew You Want to be a Hero (Threadbare #2)
  • The Right to Arm Bears (Threadbare #3)
When Abigail Hilton flopped, gasping, onto the beach of a tiny, unnamed key off the Florida coast, she was grateful that her audience included only a handful of sea gulls, a raccoon, and one very surprised panther. The panther fled, along with the raccoon, but one of the curious sea gulls hopped over to have a closer look at her. Moments later, now sticky with blood and feathers, she dragged ...more

Prophet of Panamindorah (3 books)
  • Wolflings and Wizards (Prophet of Panamindorah #2)
  • Fire and Flood (Prophet of Panamindorah #3)