Start by marking “The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #3)

The Hidden Kingdom

(Wings of Fire Graphic Novel #3)

The #1 New York Times bestselling Wings of Fire series soars to new heights in the third graphic novel adaptation!
Glory knows that the dragon world is wrong about her being "a lazy RainWing." Maybe she wasn't meant to be one of the dragonets of destiny, but Glory is sharp and her venom is deadly...even if that's still a secret.

So when the dragonets seek shelter in the rain
Published October 15th 2019 by Graphix

To ask other readers questions about The Hidden Kingdom, please sign up.
Evan MMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
(less)

Start your review of The Hidden Kingdom (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #3)
A Reader in Time
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SO GOOD I NEED BOOK 4 ASAP
Mmesoma Nwabuwa
Stupid me thought it was October 15th, 2018 and not 2019.
I was about to storm my library demanding why I couldn't find the book in their catalogs. Thank goodness I looked over the publication date again.

I actually read the book and as you can guess.......
IT WAS AMAZING
If you see my other reviews, you would know that I rated the other graphic novels veryyyy low because I felt like they didn't really represent the character and thier designs properly. This graphic novel is the exception though and
Annie (Putt)
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Still not a fan about how some scenes are cut out of the graphic novels, but as a whole, this one has been my favorite for a variety of reasons. Firstly, Glory is my favorite WOF character of all time, and anything that includes her is better (I promise I'm not rating the book on this, though, lol). The story felt a lot more streamlined than the previous two graphic novels, almost as though the creators finally figured out what scenes are the least important to the plot and are removed compared ...more
Alex Richey
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story is so good, and combined with the gorgeous illustrations I am just so in love with these adaptations!
Wyatt J.
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a little more than the first and second books for a couple of reasons. First, I liked the storyline better than the other two and I liked the ending. It left me wondering what the next book will be about. I wanted to read the fourth book so bad, but it has not yet come out yet. I would recommend this book to people who have read the first and second books and anyone who needs a quick and interesting book.
GuineaPigFalconer
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ive been a sucker for dragon stories for as long as I can remember, and Wings of Fire in particular has been an enjoyable series that Ive read since middle school. Its fun to see the characters and world come to life in illustrations, and as always the plot of these books keeps me hooked! A major win for dragons. ...more
Katelyn
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the pictures and Kinkajou.
Sam W.
Oct 25, 2019 added it
A great colorful graphic novel adaptation of Tui's very good series. This is a great book but I would definitely recommend reading the real series first.
Kaitlynn
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I was really excited and nervous for this volume - technicolor dragons in a brilliant rainforest is something that should be thrilling in graphic novel format, and can so easily fall flat. Overall, this adaptation was solid - the art is bright and colorful without being garish, although the style is still fairly simple. I'd love to see a more elaborate artist take on these book, though I know that won't happen.

In text, discriminating characters quickly often relies on the first letter/syllable
Ian C
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think this has to be the best Wings of Fire graphic novel I've ever read. Probably because this book's point of view is coming from Glory, my favorite character out of the five dragonets. Glory's sarcastic personality is what makes her my favorite character. It makes me grin every time Glory is sarcastic to the other dragonets. It was heartwarming when Glory found out that Jambu was her brother, just how like Clay found out he had a bunch of awesome brothers and sisters. In case you haven't ...more
Kiersten W
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book follows the dragonets of destiny, Clay, Tsunami, Starflight, Sunny, and Glory as they travel through the rainforest. Glory wants to prove that Rainwings are not lazy or weak, as their guardians said in the tunnels. But she finds out that the rainwings actually were somewhat lazy and naive, though they need to be in order to keep themselves healthy. Worse yet is the fact that Rainwings are vanishing without a trace, and the others don't seem to notice or care. Glory decides to find them ...more
Micayla Berry
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's a pretty good read. Does a pretty good job translating the story into a visual medium. My only problem is the way they portray some of the dragon's actions. What the heck is up with how the dragons sit and stand in this book? Glory on the cover is positioned a bit too much like a human on the cover, and the queen is sitting on her tail. Shouldn't they be sitting more like a dog would? Or any animal with a tail?
Carrie Froese
I learned from Jesset that the development of the graphic novel takes place over the course of the series. I read Book Three - The Hidden Kingdom of the Wings of Fire series. The characters of the dragons and the challenges unfold throughout the graphic novel and the end is actually a teaser for the next book, much like a television series.
Badlydone
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tui-t-sutherland
This has been my favorite of the three Wings of Fire graphic novels released so far. It could be because this involves the Rain Wings, the tribe that I enjoy reading about the most. Because this tribe is so colorful, the artwork is enriched with all the colors. The art is the best aspect of this book, and the story is true to the original novel as well. One of my favorite graphic novels now!
Kassy Harris
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children's fantasy fans
I'm still not really a huge fan of this graphic novel adaptation, but just the fact that this book is all RainWings, really helped its case.
The RainWings in Mike Holmes's adaptation are gorgeous! Tamarin and Kinkajou are adorable. I pretty much just blasted through this rendition to watch the RainWings change colors.
Cadin Berry
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best book ever. Its so good I get mad at my teacher wen she tells me to pot it down. I think Glory will is a good Qween. yet i think that she is not as powerful to beat the night wings. i think thay might just kill the a lot of Rainwing. or the Qween will get her sweet revenge. or the Deathbringer might just get killed by Glory. yet if the Deathbringer can thro clay, he is powerful enof to kill him.

sorry about some spelling
Natasha Smith(:
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST!!!! there HAS TO BE a 4th one if there not I'm going to die this is the only reason why I read I love the art it makes me feel like I'm in the place and also it's very very fun and it makes me happy to read it
Rochelle
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, kids-own
Glory is my favourite dragonet so I loved this one. It was beautifully illustrated. Kinkaju is so cute!
I am thoroughly enjoying these graphic novels and highly recommend them for wings of fire fans.
Tara Wilson
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
This is what happens when you try to get another book done just under the wire... Literally read it while waiting at an appointment! Ha! Seemed pretty good, a little more mature than I expected, but my 10 year old loves these.
Snowstorm416
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kelly Massey
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Graphic Novels following the original series are beautifully designed and follow the original stories well. My eight-year-old has about wore out all the novels so far. We may need to buy fresh copies of each.
JK
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jaymie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this graphic novel series! I don't know that I would like them as much if I hadn't read the books, but hopefully these work in the opposite direction, too, driving kids to the full books if they love the graphic novel.
Rachel
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maybe not quite five stars, but it's as good as the written book and extra fun because of being able to see the characters-- it's especially fun to see all the RainWings' different colors and things. That alone earns it somewhere around that many stars. Really good. Not disappointed.
Riel
Feb 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was an awesome book! I'm pretty sure it will be better when it's a novel.
Kathryn
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-read, 2020-read
Rainbow dragons with pet sloths need I say more.
Darryl Roberts
Good book
Shelby
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Super cute easy read. I wish these were being released faster!
Sandhya S.
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
cant wait for the next one
Ivywillow
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been awaiting this book for months, and its everything I could have hoped for!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Spirit-Eaters (Bravelands, #5)
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • Shattered Peace (Warriors Manga: Ravenpaw's Path, #1)
  • Tales of an 8-Bit Kitten: Lost in the Nether (Book 1): An Unofficial Minecraft Adventure
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • Wings of Fire Boxset: Books #6-10
  • Warriors: SkyClan and the Stranger
  • The Silent Thaw (Warriors: The Broken Code, #2)
  • Into the Woods (Warriors Manga: Tigerstar & Sasha, #1)
  • Dark Wyng (Erth Dragons, #2)
  • Starfire (The Guardian Herd, #1)
  • The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
  • Dave the Villager 24: An Unofficial Minecraft Book (The Legend of Dave the Villager)
  • Escape From the Forest (Warriors Manga: Tigerstar & Sasha, #2)
  • Across the Dark Water (Riders of the Realm #1)
  • Shifting Shadows (Bravelands, #4)
  • The Last Olympian: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson Book 5)
  • The Last Wilderness (Seekers, #4)
Okay, I know what youre thinking. Tui? What kind of name is that? Is it short for something?

Nope. Among the many great things to come out of New Zealand (the Lord of the Rings movies, cats that paint, my mom) is a bird called the tuinot as well known as the kiwi, but a heck of a lot noisier!

I was born July 31 (same birthday as Harry Potter!) in Caracas, Venezuela, and lived in Asuncion, Paraguay;

Wings of Fire Graphic Novel (4 books)
  • The Dragonet Prophecy (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #1)
  • The Lost Heir (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel, #2)
  • The Dark Secret (Wings of Fire Graphic Novel #4)

News & Interviews