Start by marking “Tarnished Are the Stars” as Want to Read:
Tarnished Are the Stars

Tarnished Are the Stars

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  21 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The Lunar Chronicles meets Rook in this queer #OwnVoices science-fantasy novel, perfect for fans of Marissa Meyer and Sharon Cameron.
A secret beats inside Anna Thatcher's chest: an illegal clockwork heart. Anna works cog by cog -- donning the moniker Technician -- to supply black market medical technology to the sick and injured, against the Commissioner's tyrannical laws.
Expected publication: October 15th 2019 by Scholastic Press (first published 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Tarnished Are the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tarnished Are the Stars

it was amazing 5.00  ·

K. Wolf
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I read an early version of this book and it was GREAT, and basically, everyone should be adding this to their to-read lists because it's a great ride full of lesbians and aces in space with cool world-building. Why are you still reading this, go add this book to your lists!!!
Kal ★ Reader Voracious
Excuse me, was this book written with my interests in mind?! Science fiction, outlaws, infections spreading, and queer? Sign me the heck up!

1/24/19: THAT COVER REVEAL THO 😍😍😍

I am so excited that Tarnished Are the Stars will be one of the Reader Voracious Novel19 Books! More information about this book and the rest of my Novel19 class will be posted on my blog in mid-January!

Blog | Twitter | Pinterest!
Sasha Nanua
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read an early draft of this and I can say, truthfully, that it's such an engaging, quick page-turning read, and I loved the multiple POVs and they way they weaved together so well! Rosiee is gifted in her talent for words (especially the sci-fi kind!) and I can't wait to read the finished version to see how much farther this book has been taken!

Releasing 2019, read late 2016/early 2017.
Rating: 5 stars
Kim Smejkal
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pitch-wars-2016
I read an early version of this book and loved it. The characters are vivid and real, the conflict is intense, the setting is so unique. Then I found out that my fav character* was not only getting more page time but also her own point of view?!?!? Dead. I am sooooo excited to read this again when it comes out!

*Eliza ELIZA Eliza

Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Ooo this sounds promising and I like the cover!
Sarah Harrington
I read an early version of this book and absolutely adored it. The world drew me in from the very beginning of page one and I was hooked throughout the whole book. The characters are strong and distinct and the different POVs are woven together perfectly. While reading, I knew I was in the hands of a master storyteller. Rosiee crafts an incredible world full of memorable characters, lush descriptions, and edge-of-your-seat tension. I can't wait to read the published version of this book and be i ...more
Beatrix Conti
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read a pre-published version of this book and thoroughly enjoyed it, so much so, I read it in one night (advisable even if you have work at 8 am the next day)! The cast of characters is brilliant and loveable. I think it'd appeal to those who enjoy light SFF and stories that incorporate imperialism in S P A C E. The writing and pacing are both snappy/fast paced. I had sooo many feels while reading...
Katherine Hillis
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quality-lgbt
I was lucky enough to read an eARC, and it's now one of my all-time favorite sci-fi books! The characters are amazing--real, lovable, each bringing something unique to the story--and they'll stay with you long after the last pages.

And the SETTING! It has everything I love about sci-fi and historical fiction all swirled together. This is one of those stories where the setting is like another character itself.

Do yourself a favor and read this book!
Mara Fitzgerald
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
On-the-page ace rep and an f/f ship are both contained in this precious trio of disaster main characters. The world-building, setting, and style are evocative of HEART OF IRON and CINDER, but with unique elements all its own. It's funny and intense and full of shenanigans all at once and I'm so excited for more people to read it!!
Emily Feldman
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to read a pre-published version, and all I have to say is: a f/f ship! A cinnamon roll disaster boy! The worldbuilding and plot were excellent, but it was the main trio of characters who grabbed my heart and wouldn't let go, even after I finished the last page!
Lindsay Verde
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read an early draft of this book and absolutely loved it. From the first sentence I was sucked into a world of intrigue, steampunk, tech, custard hats, aces, f/f, and emotional characters with real flaws. I can't wait to read the published version.
Lana Pattinson
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read a pre-published version of this book.

If you like
🚀 sci fi
⚙steampunk
🔧strong females

😍Then you’ll love this book!
Noèlia
AL Catalano
Louise ✨
Dec 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqiap
A queer outlaw mechanic must team up with her worst enemies—the son of the man responsible for a sweeping epidemic of deadly heart disorders, and the alluring spy posing as his betrothed—to save her village and the planet.

I WANT TO ADOPT THIS QUEER OUTLAW MECHANIC
Sala Bim
Feb 03, 2019
Shannon Fay
Can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE that the current Ya cover trend is fancy titles on a pretty background? They're gorgeous now (and I'm so glad we got over that pretty girls in dresses on all the covers thing. Not that there aren't a few covers I adore, but let's be honest, this style taking is over is SOOO much better). Seriously, I'm in love with this trend of gorgeous covers with beautifully intricate wording on simple, but beautifully designed backdrops. It makes me so happy.
Batmanthebest
McKinlay Dennis
Rachel Solomon
Elizabeth
Rosiee
Jun 26, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Alyson R. Champion
Kalyn Josephson
Elesha
Lyndall
Jun 26, 2018
  • Shatter the Sky (Shatter the Sky, #1)
  • The Lost Coast
  • The Last 8 (The Last 8, #1)
  • The Never Tilting World
  • Ink in the Blood (Ink in The Blood #1)
  • Gravemaidens (Gravemaidens #1)
  • Out of Salem
  • The Bright and the Pale
  • The Gravity of Us
  • All of Us with Wings
  • Reverie
  • The Light at the Bottom of the World
  • The Grief Keeper
  • A River of Royal Blood (Untitled, #1)
  • The Sound of Stars
  • Beyond the Black Door
  • The Bone Charmer
  • Unconquerable Sun (The Sun Chronicles #1)
Rosiee Thor began her career as a storyteller by demanding that her mother listen as Rosiee told bedtime stories instead of the other way around. She lives in Oregon with a dog, two cats, and four complete sets of Harry Potter, which she loves so much, she once moved her mattress into the closet and slept there until she came out as queer.