Start by marking “Boy-Crazy Stacey” as Want to Read:
Boy-Crazy Stacey

Boy-Crazy Stacey

(Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels #7)

Stacey and Mary Anne are baby-sitting for the Pike family for two weeks at the New Jersey shore. Things are great in Sea City: There's a gorgeous house right on the beach, a boardwalk, plenty of sun and sand... and the cutest boy Stacey has ever seen!

Mary Anne thinks that Stacey should leave Scott alone and focus on the Pike kids, but Stacey's in love. Looking for r
Published September 3rd 2019 by Graphix

To ask other readers questions about Boy-Crazy Stacey, please sign up.
⭐️Cordelia⭐️ Before a book is published, the publishers print some copies of the book called advanced readers copies. (ARCs) they then send those copies to other…more Before a book is published, the publishers print some copies of the book called advanced readers copies. (ARCs) they then send those copies to other authors and librarians so those people can write good reviews, and then the publishers can put those short reviews (blurbs) on the cover of the book before it gets published. That’s the main reason anyway.(less)
Celestina Warbeck What do you mean? It's a graphic novel.

Start your review of Boy-Crazy Stacey
Tucker

Many thanks to Scholastic for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

[9/10/2019] - Wow, for once an ad that's actually relevant to me.
*************
Cute, charming and classic. I loved this installment in the graphic novel series!

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest | Reddit | Buy
Rod Brown
A so-so story about friendship and summer crushes during a working vacation to the Jersey Shore for two of the babysitters. Mostly, the postcards that served as chapter breaks knocked me out of the story as I thought about how a true adaptation of this story to the modern day would include cell phones and that would radically change large parts of the story as Stacey completely ignored Mary Anne in favor of constantly texting Claudia for advice and affirmation. What happened here was fine, but n ...more
Emily
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shira
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
this is my all-time favorite BSC book so I'm pretty hard to please with any adaptation of it. I know we have to keep this series updated so kids today will read and relate to it, but I was still looking for toby's sunglasses ("black bands with narrow slits from side to side to see through") and the outfit of stacey's that mary anne borrows for their date ("yellow pedal pushers, a yellow and white striped tank top, and an oversized white jacket") not to mention the cow sign, the chapter where kar ...more
Atira Caton
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good quick read book! It was light and fluffy, but what bugged me was when Stacey would totally ignore the kids she was babysitting and go talk to the cute lifeguard. Then Mary Anne was left alone to babysit 8 kids! Overall I’d say this book is a good book for middle schoolers!
Logan Hughes
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't ask for a better comic adaptation of one of the most fun and juicy BSC books, Boy-Crazy Stacey! Gale Galligan's expressive art heightens the dramatic, romantic, and comedic moments; and the bright sunshiney colors and vivid sunsets bring to life the beauty (and kitschiness) of the seaside setting. The script hits all the right beats, not just in the main storyline, but including quirky family moments with the Pikes and side stories like Byron being afraid of water, Mary Anne getting a sunbur ...more
Chelsey
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am amazed by how well I remember little details from the original chapter book, which I read TWENTY-SIX YEARS AGO.
Ashley
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this late at night in sub-optimal lighting, so I don't think I allowed myself to be 100% immersed in this fantastic book. Not that that deterred me from loving this. The art is amazing as always, I love how the postcards were done. I felt like Stacey's crush on Scott could have been expanded on more - for instance, we never got to see her fetching him a soda - but the looks on Mary Anne's face more than made up for that. This was a delight, and I'm so happy that the graphic novel fans got ...more
Claire L
I want Raina Telgemeier back...
Naomi
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this so much - Gale's style perfectly captures that summertime nostalgic crush energy
Rebecca
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute, fun summer read. I love these books but miss Reina's art. She drew the first four books in this series, and while Gale Galligan's art style is very nice and expressive, I'm still having trouble getting used to the shift in the style. There is something about Reina's designs that I prefer.
Natalie
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
SUCH a cute graphic novel. I’ve really been enjoying reading the BSC graphic novels. Stacey was always my favorite, so I like stories that follow her. An adorable book and series!
Lucia Galluzzo
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
one of my favoret books
Pam
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Here's number 7 in the Baby-sitters Club graphic novel series. The volume was beautifully designed and illustrated but I am so tired of the old "girl falls in love with boy and gives him all the power" theme. Please! Please! Please! can we let young girls know that they don't have to give away themselves in order to be "liked".
Lorraine
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This latest edition of the Babysitters Club graphic novels is Stacey's story. She and Mary Anne are away with the Pike family for a 2 week vacation to Sea City. They have been hired to assist with the kids while the family is on vacation. The first day, Stacey sees a cute lifeguard and develops a huge crush on him. She spends the majority of her time talking and flirting with him,leaving Marianne alone to watch all 8 Pike kids! Understandably, Mary Anne is annoyed. Stacey realizes she is wrong, ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
RATING: 4 STARS
(Review Not on Blog)

As a kid I LOVED the Baby-Sitters Club and would often spend hours scouring the library for the next title. Honestly, I probably read the series longer than I should have (reading level-wise), but it always felt like visiting friends. While I have never wanted to be a babysitter, I loved the club idea. As a bossy creative kid this was right up my alley. The friendships in this book was something I had always wanted. This was a series I grew up with and was m
Kacie
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Over a few days, I read all seven of the available Baby-Sitters Club graphic novels. As a huge fan of the novels when I was a kid, I was nervous to see these adaptations. Would they retain the same charm?

The nostalgia was strong. It was such a delight to revisit Kristy, Claudia, Stacey, Mary Anne, Dawn, Mallory. Jessi isn't back yet, and I hope she makes an appearance with the next installment.

I loved reading about some of the old client families and the drama that went a
Kristin Bateman
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I first read this series in original form when I was a kid, and I'm loving the updates to the series. Obviously things have changed since the 80s, so I love to see the fresh and modern adaptations.

An enjoyable trip down memory lane.
Jasmine
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Oh Stacey way back when I read the original books as a kid I was obsessed with you and Claudia. It's hard for me to understand my mindset now. (I think I'll always be a Mary Anne.) But still a very cute book.
Italy
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book "Boy-Crazy Stacey" by Gale Galligan is a realistic fiction book that is about a girl named Stacy who is a babysitter and is part of the baby-sitters club. Her and another girl are in charge of babysitting the Penman kids. While at the beach Stacy falls in love. What I think is really cool is that there is an original series with different versions of the books. So you can compare the OG Boy Crazy Stacy to the new comical version. Another reason I like this book is because Stacy learns ...more
Christy Broderick
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another cute BSC graphic novel!! I loved reading about Stacey & Mary Anne’s beach adventure, babysitting mishaps, and love interests. I can’t wait for the next installment!
Jaime
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a teenager, I couldn’t wait to go to the bookstore or library to get the next book in the series. I am loving the new graphic novels that they have come out with. It takes me back to my teenage years and so many memories.
The illustrations are amazing and the girls look exactly how I use to picture them in my head.
I hope they are coming out with more.
Michal
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Liked this one
Hadley Hatch
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
it was a cute and cool book
Liv Gordon
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ive been waiting for this book and it finally came! I loved it SO much :)
JaNee DeBerry
Aalia
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's very interesting I like this book very much
Sadira
Stacey and Mary Anne are baby-sitting for the Pike family for two weeks at the New Jersey shore, and things are good in Sea City. There's a pretty house right on the beach, a boardwalk, plenty of sun and sand... and according to Stacey, the cutest boy ever! Mary Anne thinks that Stacey should leave Scott alone and focus on the Pike kids, but Stacey thinks she is in love. When Stacey leaves to hang out with Scott instead of doing her babysitting jobs, she leaves Marry Anne two babysitting jobs. I ...more
Annette
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review by Lucy, age 6.5, 11/9/19

Mom's note: I need to remember that when I grab books for Grace off the library shelf, Lucy also will make every effort to read them. I perhaps would not have chosen "Boy-Crazy Stacey" for either girl, but Grace has been reading the Telgemeier Babysitters Club books this year and this was a logical pick based purely on that. Oh well.

This is a story about the people the Babysitter's Club. Their names are Kristy, Claudia, Mary Anne, Stacey, Dawn, and Ma
Stacey and Mary Ann are going on a summer-long beach vacation with the Pike family to help babysit their children. Stacey gets a major crush on one of the beach lifeguards the instant she sees him and spends a great deal of the summer getting his attention and flirting with him. Mary Ann feels like she is left with all of the work and that Stacey's crush is out of control. Before the summer ends, they will both learn some important lessons in love.

A little too teen romance-y for me. I am a litt
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Guts
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Making Friends: Back to the Drawing Board (Making Friends #2)
  • Just Jaime
  • Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy: A Graphic Novel: A Modern Retelling of Little Women
  • White Bird
  • The Forgotten Girl
  • Just Beyond: The Scare School
  • Mighty Jack and Zita the Spacegirl (Mighty Jack, #3; Zita the Spacegirl, #4)
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Making Friends
  • I Survived The Great Molasses Flood, 1919 (I Survived, #19)
  • Positively Izzy
Gale Galligan (she/they) is a cartoonist living in Pleasantville, New York. Her first two graphic novels, BABY-SITTERS CLUB #5: DAWN AND THE IMPOSSIBLE THREE and BABY-SITTERS CLUB #6: KRISTY’S BIG DAY, both became bestsellers on a few different lists (including the New York Times!), and also received compliments from some very nice children Gale knows.

Gale holds an MFA in Sequential Ar

Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novels (7 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea