Start by marking “Land of the Spring Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #14)” as Want to Read:
Land of the Spring Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #14)

Land of the Spring Dragon: A Branches Book

(Dragon Masters #14)

Drake travels to a secret fairy world to save the Kingdom of Bracken!

Pick a book. Grow a Reader!

This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line, Branches, aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and stamina. Branches books help
Published September 3rd 2019 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Land of the Spring Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Land of the Spring Dragon

Start your review of Land of the Spring Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #14)
Steven R. McEvoy
Between reading with my kids and my nephews I have now read a Dragon Masters book 22 times. And currently there is no sign of it slowing down. As a family we really love these books! A few years ago, I read the first eight books of this series to my son. Then his interest was drawn away. My youngest daughter really enjoyed them and the three of us read them, she listened to her brother or I read. This year my youngest has been reading them to me. She gets a little frustrated that I have not read ...more
Noora Alsuwaidi
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story was a lovely reading, accompanied by lots of beautiful illustrations.
It is written in a suitable, smooth language for children, especially for young readers from grade 1 to grade 3.
It is a story filled with imaginary creatures, with lessons to learn along the way.
I like the fact that it is a series. If children liked the style and the language and the adventure, it would encourage them to get the rest of the books and read more and more.
I don't search for stories about fairies and sim
Erin
Still ridiculous that unsupervised 8-year-olds save the world, but this one was interesting because it didn’t follow the usual pattern. Instead, Drake had to outwit various challenges in fairy land with only a new acquaintance for company, and she was there to see if he passed the tests before he could meet her dragon and ask for help saving Bracken’s crops. Probably more like 3.4 stars instead of the usual 2.7 or so.
Julian
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Our first book of the series, but hopefully not the last. My daughter chose it for her Scholastic order and it didn't disappoint. Fun story with plenty of predicaments, twists and good opportunities to discuss. Read it over a few breakfasts. ...more
zapkode
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, paperback
{My thoughts} – Drake gets to go on his first adventure with Worm alone. He doesn’t get to take any of the other Dragon Masters or Dragons with him. He isn’t sure about it at first but he thinks if it can help save the Kingdom of Bracken then it is worth it.

When Worm and him arrive in Inis Banba it is nothing like Drake had imagined. He meets the new Dragon Master named Breen and she tells him that her Dragon Fallyn won’t meet with him unless he travels through the Fairy Mound alone. She goes wi
Hajer
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This one is our favourite of the series! the riddles and tests Drake had to go through to make it to the spring dragon reminded me so much of the tales I used to read as a child. It's the first time I feel this way about a non arab child book. My childhood stories were all arabic (written and read), so as I am reading in other langages to my son I have been feeling that something was missing. This book made it all different.
we have ordered book 15 a few days ago and can't wait to get it
Mar 10, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Keya Bakrania
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love ❤️ it one of my favorite part was when drake couldn’t find Breen and so he asked the fiarys and did what they asked for then they gave the location of Breen and he went but in the end Breen was just tricking him but it was part of the test and it was worth it because after all of this happened Breen knew that Drake was worthy to be helped by the spring dragon 🐉
Danny
May 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this dragon masters book because it has flowers and they are called Dragon flowers and they are cool. you might LOVE this dragon Masters book too.if you try it you might LOVE this dragon Masters book too.
Madison
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
My son loves this series. He has anxiously been awaiting this book for quite some time. We stretched it out over two bedtimes. Breen is a fun addition to the Dragon Master roster. Drakes trip to fairyland was full of magic and tricks.
3rd Grade
Feb 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about saving the kingdom of Braken.

I give it 4.5 stars because it has adventure, but it also has some confusing names.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes dragons and adventure, but you should read the other Dragon Masters books before you read this.
H
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dragons
Fantasy like.
Chelsea
This one was fun. Lots of tricks in the fairy world.
Erica Flory
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My favorite dragon so far
Greg
Mar 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read at the request of Grandson David .... a fast paced never ending story
Gabe
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome
Jodie
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a wonderful series. I picked it up for my nephew and I think he is going to absolutely love them! I can't wait for him to share in this adventure. ...more
Hilarie
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty good book for kids. I’ve enjoyed reading these with my son, and they have really engaged his interest.
SlothDude3
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Danielle Wood
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great Dragon Masters book! My daughter said this one was her favorite so far. I liked all of the riddles and the fairy land!
Walton
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adam
Fun to have one that reads a bit different. I liked how she brought Irish fairy traditions into the book and we had a lot of fun discussing some of the themes and character motivations as we read.
Hillary
I appreciate that the newest addition to the series broke the mold a bit.
Gabe
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I liked all of the dragon masters books
Ethan
Evan Farmer
Jul 02, 2020
Julie
Sep 22, 2019

• The Battle for Perodia (The Last Firehawk #6)
  • The Shadowlands (The Last Firehawk #5)
  • The Cloud Kingdom (The Last Firehawk #7)
  • The Crystal Caverns (The Last Firehawk #2)
  • Lullaby Lake (The Last Firehawk #4)
  • The Ember Stone (The Last Firehawk, #1)
  • The Whispering Oak (The Last Firehawk #3)
  • The Silver Swamp: A Branches Book (The Last Firehawk #8)
  • Den of Wolves (The Kingdom of Wrenly Book 15)
  • Fast-Forward to the Future (Time Jumpers #3)
  • Escape from Egypt (Time Jumpers #2)
  • The Scarlet Dragon (The Kingdom of Wrenly, #2)
  • Day of the Night Crawlers (The Notebook of Doom, #2)
  • A Ghost in the Castle (The Kingdom of Wrenly Book 14)
  • Monsters and Mold (Zoey and Sassafras, #2)
  • Adventures in Flatfrost (The Kingdom of Wrenly, #5)
  • Sea Monster! (The Kingdom of Wrenly, #3)
  • The Sorcerer’s Shadow (The Kingdom of Wrenly, #12)
Tracey West is the bestselling author of more than 200 children's books. She is currently working on the Dragon Masters series, which is part of the Scholastic Branches line. Her past series include Pixie Tricks, Scream Shop, and Hiro's Quest.

Tracey is also known for writing books based on cartoons and films, including dozens of books about Pokemon.

She currently lives in New York's Hudson Valley w

Dragon Masters (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Rise of the Earth Dragon (Dragon Masters, #1)
  • Saving the Sun Dragon (Dragon Masters #2)
  • Secret of the Water Dragon (Dragon Masters #3)
  • Power of the Fire Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #4)
  • Song of the Poison Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #5)
  • Flight of the Moon Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #6) (Library Edition)
  • Search for the Lightning Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters, #7)
  • Roar of the Thunder Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #8)
  • Chill of the Ice Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #9)
  • Waking the Rainbow Dragon: A Branches Book (Dragon Masters #10) (Library Edition)

News & Interviews

According to some historians, the month of April is actually named after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, by way of the Romans....