Start by marking “Pug Blasts Off: A Branches Book (Diary of a Pug #1)” as Want to Read:
Pug Blasts Off: A Branches Book (Diary of a Pug #1)

Pug Blasts Off: A Branches Book

(Diary of a Pug #1)

The first book in a sweet and funny new Branches series about a pug and his human, told from the pug's POV!
Pick a book. Grow a Reader!

This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line, Branches, aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost re
Published October 1st 2019 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Pug Blasts Off, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pug Blasts Off

Bonnie Grover
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great chapter book for beginners. I love how it’s told from Bub the Pug’s point of view. Bub has to help his human, Bella with her school project and boy does he have lots of ideas. I’m excited to share this with my young friends.
Michal
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
Really cute beginner chapter book!
Brenda Kahn
Early chapter book featuring an adorable pug and a girl steeped in STEM! What's not to love?
zapkode
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
{My thoughts} – Bub is a fun little Pug that likes to be helpful to his owner Bella. He likes to help her with her projects, to snuggle her and to wake her up when she is trying to sleep. He enjoys dress up and cannot stand being out in the rain.

In this book they make a rocket together, but it ends up getting ruined. So he does everything he can to try and get all the pieces back so they can put it back together. However, Bella decides she wants to make something other then the rocke
Denise
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I work for Scholastic, but the ideas in this post are all of my own opinions.

This is an adorable book about a cute pug named Bub who hates the rain, and loves helping his human with arts and craft projects. Bub and Bella set out to create an invention for a school project. Trouble strikes, however, and they have to start again.

This is a great book for someone who is still transitioning from picture books to chapter books. It would also be a great choice for someone who li
Charlotte
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, rc19
very cute, and the pug's owner is a girl who wins an invention prize, so nice girl power theme!
Becky
First sentence: Dear Diary, Baron Von Bubbles here. But everyone calls me Bub. Here are some things to know about me: I always dress to impress. I make many different faces: belly rub face, have to go out face, really have to go out face, face for Duchess. (She acts like she owns the place.) Face for Nutz. (He steals my stuff all the time.) Here are some of my favorite things: My skateboard. Bear. Peanut butter.

Premise/plot: Readers meet Bub and Bella in this first book in a new series publishe
Sara Magnafichi
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I received an uncorrected proof from Scholastic to read and review. I read it to my students (1st grade) and they absolutely loved this story. The mix of illustrations, dialogue, and text make for a quick and fun read aloud that brings Bub the Pug to life. Bub's voice truly comes through, as the narrator of the story. This is book 1 of a new series within the Scholastic Branches line. In this story, we learn that Bub absolutely hates getting rain. One day, his owner Bella and Bub run into a seri ...more
3queensread
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to the @kidlitexchange network for the review copy of this book - all opinions are my own. Pug Blasts Off is the first book in the Diary of a Pug series of Scholastic's Branches line of early chapter books. This books will be a hit for it's intended target of children ages 5-7 years old. In this book, we are introduced to a Pug named Bub. The book is in diary format from Bub's point of view. We find out how Pug spends his days and meet his owner Bella. Bella surprises Bub be entering them ...more
Emily
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and funny new Scholastic Branches series about a pug named Barron Von Bubbles a.k.a Bub! I read an advanced copy - the first book comes out in September/October 2019.
Jaclyn
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, graphic-novel
Cute story and enjoyed the illustrations. The pug is exactly how I picture most pugs to be.
April Grob
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The cuteness is real real. I think this is cute 2-4 grade book.
annielikestoread
I received this arc from Scholastic at bookcon. Although I'm not in the targeted reading audience, I read it anyway and I thought it was cute and funny. Great book for kids.
Dreaday
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don’t know why, but this just rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe I had high expectations after Crabby. Least importantly, I found the fact that the pug had the same expression on his face (despite the various emotions he went through!) to be incredibly annoying.
Pam
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lower-elem
Scholastic Acorns Level
Pug works hard to help his owner, Bella, create a new invention for the Inventors Fair.
Simple text and brightly colored pictures draw young readers in.
Jaymie
Oct 14, 2019
§ Tesla
Oct 13, 2019

Diary of a Pug (3 books)
  • Pug’s Snow Day: A Branches Book (Diary of a Pug #2)
  • Paws for a Cause: A Branches Book (Diary of a Pug #3)