Start by marking “Pig the Pug: A Board Book” as Want to Read:
Pig the Pug: A Board Book

Pig the Pug: A Board Book

(Pig the Pug #1)

The first hilarious book in award-winning author-illustrator Aaron Blabey's Pig the Pug series -- now in a board book!
The first book in the hilarious Pig the Pug series is now in an affordable board book format, perfect for the youngest Aaron Blabey fans!

Pig is a greedy and selfish Pug. He has all the bouncy balls, bones, and chew toys a dog could ever want, yet he refuses
Board Book, 22 pages
Published September 3rd 2019 by Cartwheel Books (first published July 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Pig the Pug, please sign up.
Mikayla his name is pig the pug (as it says in the title)
Mikayla I like how he is a pug and he also love food so basically he is me! (lol)

Mischenko
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To see this review as well as this week's favorite children's books please visit www.readrantrockandroll.com

Pig the Pug is a children's book about a pug named Pig. Pig is very selfish and wants to keep all of his stuff to himself. He just won't share with his house friend, Trevor. Trevor's really nice to him and just wants to play with him, but Pig won't yield. Follow along in the story to see if Pig can learn to finally share.

What makes this book so good is the illustrations of Pig. You get an idea by just v/>Pig
Kate
I don't know what this book is about because I was too busy laughing at the illustrations.

bleauuuuuuuauaaaahhh
Andrew
I liked: nothing really...Pig's a pretty unlikeable character.
she liked: learning the phrase "Mine, go away!!!"
Suzanne
A sweet story about sharing - it's more fun to share and be with our friends, than to pile them up all for ourselves, to 'have' not to 'use'. Silly little pug stockpiled his goodies, and even tumbled over and hurt himself. His friend convinced him to share and have fun! Indy thought this was cute.
Josiah
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Aaron Blabey's Pig the Pug is a breath of fresh air. The crisp, colorful illustrations, rhythmic meter, and unpredictable humor are loved even by older kids than usually gravitate to picture books. The new take on the lesson of sharing serves as memorable reminder that hoarding good things typically doesn't end well. Pig might be selfish, but he's cute, and his bug-eyed horror at the thought of sharing with another dog is comical and easy for young readers to identify with.

Pig is a chu
Guy
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my new favourite picture book.

The illustrations were hilarious - you should feel bad if you didn't laugh!

This brought out the inner 5 year old inside me....
Abigail
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Badly-Behaved Young Children
"Pig was a pug / and I'm sorry to say, / he was greedy and selfish / in most every way." And so begins the rhyming narrative of Pig the Pug, an amusing Australian picture-book featuring two very different dogs: the eponymous Pig, a selfish pug who refuses to share, and the goodhearted Trevor, a dachshund who tries his best to befriend his canine companion. Pig resists all overtures until an accident teaches him differently... or does it?

Originally published in Australia in 2014, and just now
Jennifer (JenIsNotaBookSnob)
I'm not the biggest fan of rhyming picture books, I know, BLASPHEMY! However, the illustrations in this book completely won me over. Now, I've run into other books by Aaron Blabey, "The Bad Guys" was a SSYRA* selection this year. The library system I work in ordered it because of that and I got my first exposure to his books.
(*Sunshine State Young Readers Award, for the curious)

Apparently, Aaron Blabey enjoys more popularity in Australia, but, I think we're slowly catching up here i
Ronda
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG if you have not read Pig the Pug, run do not walk to your nearest library.
Steve Holden
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a sucker for dog anything - and a picture book with fantastic illustrations is a pretty sure bet! This one is hilarious to just look through. Pig is a pretty rough character - he's a pug who happens to be greedy and selfish. He's not someone you want to model your character after. I feel the story gets this across. It does promote some good things while also making one laugh from just looking at the illustrations of Pig the Pug!
Stephanie
So, so funny! This might just be my new favorite kid's book! I picked this up at the library because I absolutely love Pugs and my son is a dog lover. GREAT choice!

Pig is a rude pug who doesn't want to share his toys with another dog. The whole story has a wonderful rhyming scheme and the illustrations are playful and silly. I love Pig's attitude, facial expressions, and dialogue, and the lesson he eventually learns about sharing with friends.

The first time we read it, I
EclispeWolf
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so super funny and amazing!! The book is about two dogs, one of the dogs names was Trevor and he wants Pig to share his toys but Pig refuses to share. I will let you figure out the rest of the story when you get this amazing book!!!
Kate Reads
I hope more of his books start getting published here in the US.
Patrick
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
This dogs a badass!
Megan Schmelzer
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Open Book Reviews by Megan Schmelzer
www.openbookreviews.org

A sign of a great series is that it can be read and loved by all ages, from young children all the way to grown adults. Aaron Blabey’s Pig the Pug books is just this type of beloved series, and I have no doubt that it will someday join some of the greatest childhood classics, such as the Clifford and Curious George Series.

I have put this book to the test. In my adventure to truly test
Raina Vasquez
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pig the Pug has many unique aspects that as a pug you would think he doesn't, the main being he is very selfish. He is the center of attention, and is always in the center of the pictures. The pictures are framed so that it is mainly on Pig and Trevor. Some of the images like all of pugs toys are bleeding on to the other page to truly show that pig has that many toys, which he wont seem to think he needs to share with Trevor. Even some of the images if Pig and Trevor are focused more on their fa ...more
Catherine
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a reader, I loved this book. Personally, I'm a dog person so naturally I was drawn to it. Once I read the book, I knew I had to purchase it. The illustrations are hilarious and very detailed. It is a very simple read and had a rhyme scheme. The point of the book is to teach sharing to the readers. I thought the author did a great job teaching readers how to share in a humorous way. This is a great book for young kids. It would even be good for children that are getting a new sibling who aren ...more
Becky
First sentence: Pig was a pug and I'm sorry to say, he was greedy and selfish in most every way.

Premise/plot: Pig is a selfish, greedy dog who often gets REALLY, REALLY, REALLY upset with the other dog of the house, Trevor. Trevor seems to be a happy-get-along-with-everybody dog. Essentially, Trevor and Pig are complete opposites. One day his selfishness leads him into big trouble....

My thoughts: I didn't like this one very much. The rhyming worked for me for the most par
Magpie67
Read to Trevor since he brought me the title to read to him. Pig the pug doesn't want to share any of his toys but Trevor the wiener dog wants to play with him. Pig doesn't agree and piles all his toys up into a mountain and climbs it only to have it collapse and he rolls out the window. Poor Pig is not encased in a cast so he has to share his toys with Trevor. Cute book and a good one to help children realize that sharing is nice.
Linnea
Apr 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Okay, I'm not counting this toward my reading challenge but I had to review it because this may be the funniest picture book I've ever seen. My friend and I were actually doubled over laughing while reading this in Barnes and Noble. The illustrations. The plot twist. The emotional rollercoaster. All perfect and hilarious.
Amber
Feb 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
This was a hit with the young ones during story time.
Lauren
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this one! Boys got it for Christmas and they enjoyed it!
Stephanie
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book to my first grade class earlier this week and they loved it. They begged me to read it again today. Not only is this book funny, but it teaches children to not be greedy and selfish. I recommend it to all teachers and parents of early elementary aged children.
Dawn
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, 2017
I loved this book! The illustrations were fabulous and the story line is one kids can related to. This is a great mentor text to discuss selfishness.
Brenda Kahn
Hilariously over-the-top! Pig the pug is so obnoxious, kids will get a kick out of outrageous behavior.
Melissa Ward
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My review might be a little biased based on the fact that I am a HUGE Pug lover (right behind Bulldogs). This story was just the cutest and my students thought it was hilarious as well :)
Ella Gordon
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
The language in this book is amazing for it being a rhyming book. I found it to be hilarious but it also has a good message about sharing and not being greedy. Very cute book.
Dani
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun
A quick read
Joshua Gross
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't expect to like this book at all, but it is very funny and cute. That dog had some hilarious facial expressions
Molly
This was cute. Recommended by a 6 year old.

• Dog Days of School
  • Soup for One
  • The Wrong Book
  • Hensel and Gretel: Ninja Chicks
  • Leaf
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • It's Duffy Time!
  • You Don't Want a Unicorn!
  • My New Teacher and Me!
  • The Singing Mermaid
  • It's Only Stanley
  • Stanley's Party
Aaron is an Australian author of children's books and artist who until the mid-2000s was also an actor. His award winning picture books include Pearl Barley and Charlie Parsley, The Ghost of Miss Annabel Spoon and the best-selling Pig the Pug.

In the field of acting, he is probably best known for his lead roles in two television dramedies, 1994's The Damnation of Harvey McHugh, for whic

Pig the Pug (7 books)