Start by marking “Like the Wind” as Want to Read:
Like the Wind

Like the Wind

Prepare to laugh, cry, and fall in love with this enthralling new romance from J. Bengtsson - available in audio first!

When a letter from his supposedly deceased mother finds its way into his hands, life changes in an instant for international pop star Bodhi Beckett.

Reeling from the deception of those closest to him, Bodhi spirals out of control and is sent to a secluded
Audible Audio, Unabridged (9 hours and 23 minutes), 9 pages
Published January 15th 2019 by Audible Studios

Start your review of Like the Wind
Diana
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
4 “I see you stars!”

Famous boy band member, Bodhi Becket is on the run, not only from the wildfire that is threatening his life, but he is also running to find out the truth about his past. Along the way, he may lose his heart to the sweet, quirky woman and her array of animals he saves from the fire.

This was all kinds of sweet with lots of “awww” moments and I really did like both Bodhi and Breeze together. Of course, there was a little angst, but nothing over the top. I had a few minor niggle
Stacey is Sassy
WOW!! I'm so impressed...

****4.5 Stars****

I have had the best bloody day today. For Christmas, hubby bought me an outdoor setting for beside the pool. For years, I've had dreams of reading/listening and lounging beside the pool with a glass of champagne in my hand. My dreams have been answered and that day has finally arrived. With an audio to listen to, a bloody hot day, a clear schedule and a bottle of champers calling my name, I was one happy camper. Like the Wind was perfect for my dream day
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
I really loved this one! J. Bengtsson always makes me laugh and fall in love with her characters.
Cyndi
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
the performance on the audio was great, and the story is good. I liked the building of the relationship between the hero and heroine. But, what I really enjoyed was the action packed fires.
Whitney

Callie Dalton. Sound familiar? She has narrated every Mariana Zapata novel. I already knew she is wonderful and talented. I stan her. Zachary Webber was a nice surprise. I can't believe I haven't listened to more books by him as he has an impressive back-list. It looks like I am going to have to check out more book that are narrated by him because -

Bodhi Beckett is a boy band heartthrob that is spiraling out of control. He has been forced into the limelight by his manager - who has also been dec
Jacob Proffitt
I waited even longer to review this one than my normal neglect goes, so it's a bigger shame than usual. Bengtsson has a way with famous people having really big problems and that stands at the heart of this story, too. This one doesn't work out quite as well as Cake, and the events themselves are rather extreme (caught in a wildfire) but you know what? I didn't care. I was completely on board for the entire thing and it just worked.

Which is why it's such a shame I don't remember details because
Syndi
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF

From the blurp and about 50% of the book, I thought this book is more like about Mariana Zapata's book. Slow burns and heavy on character development. Heavy flirting. Cute banter. Broody hero. Especially Bodhi is suppose to be this famous rock star.

But I found the story is bit off. I do not get how Bodhi becomes so into Breeze in only a day after he rescues her form raging fire. I thought I miss something on the audio book. There is not much that flirty and heavy banter. It really puts me of
Bonnie Shores
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, young-adult
description

I'm still swooning over this book! I sooooooo didn't want it to end!!!

Yes, the plot may be cliché, but much like my beloved Hallmark movies, there is a reason for the tried-and-true classic — it works! 😍❤️

Breeze is a strong, sweet 20-something, still nursing a broken heart (her fiancé cheated on her with her cousin and got her pregnant). Bodhi is a disallusioned 20-something in the world's most popular boy band. While Breeze is petsitting/housesitting and Bodhi is on a much needed break at a ren
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Bodhi grew up as a child star after being talent spotted as a young child. His father became his manager and focused all his energy on making Bodhi a success. Now as an adult he is the lead singer in a famous rock band and very wealthy.

Bodhi hasn’t known any other life, this means he has missed out on the simple things that other people take for granted. Going to school, making friends with kids in the neighbourhood and the freedom of going places without being recognised. Trust does not come e
Lilpurplepearl
Normally when I tag a book with "contains children, pregnancy or pets" it's because I want to warn fellow readers who, like myself, don't like reading stories with those three things in it. But this book truly did surprise me.

Breeze and Brodhi's witty personalities draw you in and before you know it, you're thinking of committing twinkiecide, reliving declarations of love, running gauntlets of fire and facing down a mini hound from hell.
Tracy  C
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Bodhi and Breeze. Breeze was so quirky and different than what Bodhi has seen in the past. I loved her sense of humor and heart and how accepting he was. He was so fascinated by her that he just rolled with the punches. A wonderful love story filled with heart (and also a little tidbit of Quinn McCallister to tantalize you!).
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***audiobook review***

5 Fateful CROWNS

I absolutely loved this book.

The characters are charming and funny. Bodhi is the leader of boy band who has an awful family life. He seeks reprieve from the fame and pressure, but this leads to him intertwining his life with Bris. There adventure of anonymity is healing for both of them. She gets the lift that is taken from her and has prevented her from moving forward, and Bodi gets the life he always wanted.

The story itself is funny and sexy, and I was
Melissa
This book is completely formulaic ... nothing groundbreaking here. But sometimes I'm just in the mood for a trusted formula where I know exactly what's going to happen and how things are going to end up. And when I am in the mood for a sweet, swoony, and heart-warming celebrity romance I have come to see that J. Bengtsson will deliver just what I am looking for. I loved her Cake series, and this is remarkably similar ... rock star celebrity, regular girl next door who grounds him and helps him t ...more
Karen
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all the books by this author and this one was no exception.

We all wonder what it would be like to meet a celebrity but can you imagine a scenario where there is a raging wildfire heading towards you and you've just smashed your car leaving the gated driveway and you have a car load of pets? Breeze encounters Brodhi, one member of a popular boy band, as he's heading down the mountain with fire chasing him and he's dressed only in shorts, driving the nanny's LandRover. Breeze waves him down
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible, shelly
-- AUDIO REVIEW --

I was going to patiently wait for this to come out in ebook to review, but then noticed that the audio is narrated by two of my absolute favorite narrators, and so in the end, I had to listen!

And I was not disappointed! The story kicks off with a bang, and this author uses her gift of weaving tapestries with her stories by giving us one that is part mystery, part adventure, and part romance - all seamlessly tied together in a nearly flawless package.

I loved this story! As pred
Topastro
This was my first J. Bengtsoon book and most likely my last. I thought it was a interesting plot with well written characters but it soon went down hill. The first chapter was done really well and a fresh take on the tortured rock star hero but for me the story peak at about 35%.

On a day that almost becomes their last, Bodhi & Breeze meet fleeing a raging fire. Emotions are high and after finding safety they feel an instant connection and decide their time together is not done. Bodhi's celebrit
Monique
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a new standalone novel from J Bengtsson with a whole new set of characters and ones you are going to fall for just as strongly as her first series.

Bodhi is a lost young dude who within a few short days, turns into the man he was meant to be. Nothing like an near death experience to waken your senses. I feel the same could be said about Breeze. She was hiding in her own world existing with a small group of trusted friends and family. Running into Bodhi - or was it him that ran into her?!
Karen
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carissa
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, musicians
Breeze annoyed me a few time especially how she acted when she brought Bohdi to her place. The beginning was intense though. This is my first book reading of J. Bengtsson. I'm still curious about Cake.
Tami
Jan 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
Reread.

Quick read about a boy band pop star and a girl who meet on the worst day of their lives.

I too wish there was an epilogue
Kristi
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Narration was good, but the story was soooooo corny. And the insta love just didn’t work.
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Really loving this! Both narrators are perfection.

No truer words have been spoken about a book. The first line in the blurb provided says it all...

“Prepare to laugh, cry, and fall in love with this enthralling new romance from J. Bengtsson!“

I went into the audible of Like the Wind not knowing the author or much else of the book. Just an eye-catching cover and a curiosity. Wow, I am I ever glad I did. From the very beginning, I was captured by the voice of Bodhi (Shane East). Side note, I love t
The Bookish Soaper
Super cute story featuring a boy band member. Not a huge amount of drama. Low on steam, but a very sweet story.
D.G.
**3.5 stars**

I liked many things about this premise:
☑ Wildfire setting
☑ Hero was in a boy band and I really liked his portrayal, seeing the price he had to pay for being in the limelight since he was a child.
☑ The plot with the supposed dead mother wasn't as straight forward as it seemed at first.

But I disliked almost as many things:
☒ There was almost no mention of the wildfire again! Given how famous he was, Bodhi should have done something to support the firefighters or help the people who los
Soo
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Audio around 10%
Story did not grab my attention and started to get too whiny in tone to continue.
Lesley T
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my favourite audiobook this year, so far! My new obsession! I literally listened again, back to back!! Brilliant performances from two of my favourite narrators. Deserves more than 5 🌟
Marieke ~ Marieke's Books
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, romance, double-pov

World-famous boyband singer meets hairdresser / pet sitter in the direst of situations. The start of something good or not? Like The Wind tells the sweet and charming story of Bodhi and Breeze, I’ve enjoyed it very much.
“This meeting of the minds was no accident. Breeze and I had been brought together for a reason, and I was committed to finding out why.”

Boyband singer Bodhi is doesn’t know what to do anymore. He has worked in the entertainment industry basically his whole life,
Louisa
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

What a pleasant surprise this audible was.  I haven't read/listened to this author yet so once I read the synopsis, I was hooked. I am loving the new AUDIBLE ORIGINAL books. I typically read a book then listen to the audible but I am so glad I took a chance on this audible.

Bodhi and Breeze are brought together at a vulnerable moment, fleeing a fire that could have possibly claimed both their lives.  The writing and narrating was one point, descriptive and had me feeling the heat of the flame
Nathalie
3,5 stars.
I enjoyed the first half of the book and maybe that is why I began to have high expectations for the second half. And because of my expectations I felt the whole time as smth was missing.
Moreover, I didn’t like secondary characters. Not the characters themself, but how the author portrayed them, described how troubled they were and in what a bad place they were at the moment. And then the author just moved forward while readers were feeling all sorts of emotions towards them, were in
elizrdbthspeaks
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never understand why Audible sometimes releases the audio book ahead of the real hand held book? so i can not review on Amazon just Audible?? weird... any who ... u have gotta listen to this book!! must read or listen ... get to your Audible account and LISTEN!! so so so good!! i see other reviews on AMAZON ... how come i can not review ahead of time?? weird. it seems that Amazon is getting weird about these things??!
what a listen ... so much ... lots of amazing characters ... action. fire. runn

• Love on the Rocks (Love on Tour, #1)
  • Repeat
  • Getting Played (Getting Some, #2)
  • International Player
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #3)
  • Lies
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • Lucky Suit (Sexy Suits, #1)
  • Unzipped (Lucky in Love #4)
  • Best Laid Plans (Lucky in Love, #1)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Always Satisfied #1)
  • You Got To Me (Love on Tour, #3)
  • Search and Rescue
  • If I Only Knew (Second Time Around, #4)
  • Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks, #1)
  • Brant’s Return
  • The Shark and I
  • Text 2 Lovers (2 Lovers, #1)
J. (Jill) Bengtsson writes contemporary novels focused on love, humor, passion, and family. Her heroines are strong, nurturing, and quirky while her heroes are what dreams are made of - gorgeous, committed, and in need of a little saving. With her novels, you will rediscover the rush and joy of falling in love.

A stay-at-home mom for twenty-one years, Jill's debut novel, Cake A Love Story, was wri