Start by marking “The Secret Cove in Croatia (Romantic Escapes, Book 5)” as Want to Read:
The Secret Cove in Croatia (Romantic Escapes, Book 5)

The Secret Cove in Croatia

(Romantic Escapes #5)

Sail away to beautiful Croatia for summer sun, sparkling turquoise seas and a will-they-won’t-they romance you won’t be able to put down!

When no-nonsense, down-to-earth Maddie Wilcox is offered the chance to work on a luxury yacht for the summer, she can’t say no. Yes she’ll be waiting on the posh guests… But island-hopping around the Adriatic sea will more than make up fo
Published July 28th 2019 by HarperImpulse

DJ Sakata
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

With big bones, Maddie was never going to be a size ten; she was a healthy twelve to fourteen and her stomach had never, and was never going to be, flat and, yes, she had muffin tops – double chocolate chip muffin tops. All bought and paid for.

‘… those shorts. Serious fashion crime… Oh, dear God. A travesty. Those are men’s shorts. No wonder you look like a pudding on legs. Fabulous legs, by the way.’ She actually walked around Maddie as if she were a prize pig on show.

We were th
Dash fan
5☆ The Perfect Feel Good Summer Must Read!

The Secret Cove in Croatia is a gorgeous Enchanting Summer Read I couldn't put it down.

I didn't realise this was part of a series, it can be read perfectly fine as a standalone!

Maddie is in need of making some cash so when her best friend Nina asks if she wants to help out on a cruise liner, her brother is setting sail on, she jumps at the chance!
I mean how hard can it be looking after a few guests on a luxury Yacht?
Except these guests are rich, self o
Irena
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
When my friend Amanda (who has an amazing blog ChocolatePages and you should check her blog) told me about The Secret Cove in Croatia I knew I had to read this book.
You see, I love reading books set in different countries that talk about people, food and love, but I have never read that type of book set in my own country.
I wanted to see what perspective foreign author would have on Croatia and it’s residents, and critical side of me wanted to check if descriptions will be authentic.

I have to say
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've only ever spent a small amount of time in Croatia, when stopping there on cruises but I've seen enough to know how spot on Julie Caplin is with her descriptions of the country. It really is as stunning in real life as it is in this book, and if you don't fall in love with the place from this wonderful story the I'll be shocked.

This may be the fifth book in the romantic escape series but it easily standalone. Maddie and Nick did feature a bit in The Little Paris Patisserie but if you haven'
Hannah Clarke (Love Books Actually)
This is the fifth book in the fabulous Romantic Escapes series and another beautiful country to add to my ever growing bucket list!

This can easily be read as a standalone however I have enjoyed reading in the order of the series, you will find characters pop up throughout the series and some characters are linked either by friendships or family, but as I said, reading as a standalone you won’t be missing out on anything as Julie has a superb way of recapping any characters.

So we are in beautif
🌈⭐️RoseOfRainbows⭐️🌈💕
This book made me positively giddy and I fell for it hook, line and sinker. It's a real love in real time and I loved the slow paced easiness of the flow. It's true love on the high seas and has beautiful scenery and equally as beautiful characters. 5/5 stars for a story that sets sail right into the heart and docks forever.
Silke
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Secret Cove in Croatia the title alone knew how to draw my attention. I love a good summer romance, but I have never read anything set in Croatia. Mostly these kind of novels are set in the South of France Italy or Greece. So Croatia is a new and exciting setting for a romance novel.

When I requested the ARC on netgalley I wasn’t aware that this novel is part of a series. I must have been living under a rock or something because there are five books in the romantic escape series and some of
Lisa M
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Escapism at its best - at this time of year I love to read summery novels that transport you to idyllic locations and this one didn't disappoint with some luscious descriptions of beautiful Croatia. The fact that this book also involved a yacht added extra for me as it was a different setting to the norm.

Maddie is between jobs and gets an opportunity to work on board a yacht catering for some stuck up, entitled guests but they weren't all unpleasant! Nick, a sheep farmer, is along for the ride i
Jo Shaw
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have really loved this series of books (and I have two of them still to read, I really must do something about that!), and I really think it may be my favourite series of books in this genre. One thing is certain with this series, you will be taken on a journey to a lovely destination, and the picture Julie Caplin painted with her words of Croatia made me almost feel like I was there.

The main characters of Maddie and Nick have been seen in the series before, when they were both minor character
Noriko
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun, adorable summer escapism. If you are on your hunt for breezy, romantic reads with some sun-filled backdrop, look no further. This book delivers exactly what you need.

This is the 5th book in the Romantic Escape series, but it is easily read as a stand-alone. While this is my very first Julie Caplin let alone the series, I was pulled into the story no problem. The story is engaging and the writing is breezy and strong, I devoured this book in only two sittings, I couldn’t put it down once I p
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

'Sail away with meeeee......'

If only!!!! I have never been to Croatia before - can someone take me, like now? Oh Julie Caplin, what have you done to me?! I am someone who rolls my eyes at PDA's and romance itself. I am also someone who adores reading romance despite not being a fan of the actual thing myself. Again, I am also someone who now wants to go to Croatia so I can meet my own Nick! Swoon!!!!! He can keep the sh
Jane Hunt
I always enjoy these romantic escapes, and this one takes place in Croatia, on board a luxury yacht.

Nick, Nina’s brother from ‘The Little Paris Patisserie’, has a glamorous, if shallow girlfriend, who has just invited him to the holiday of a lifetime. Maddie, Nina’s friend is at a loose end and jumps at the chance to crew for the luxury yacht. There are only six guests but Maddie soon has her work cut out, dealing with their constant neediness.

Nick and Maddie’s first meeting, gives both of them
Elaine
Rating 4.5/5*

Whatever the weather, this story had me imagining I was sailing the beautiful Croatian coastline with the characters in this lovely story.

Maddie Wilcox is given the opportunity to work on a luxury yacht by her best friend, Nina. Although unsure, Maddie agrees, especially as she knows Nina’s brother, Nick, will be on board and she assumes he’ll be as great and easy to get on with as Nina. Their initial encounter, however, has her seriously rethinking everything as Nick seems an opini
Lisa
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maddie is a struggling artist needs some cash, so when Nina (her best friend) asks if she wants to hep on a luxury yacht for the summer she jumps at the chance... sure she will be waiting on some posh guests - but the chance to island-hop around the Adriatic Sea it too good to say no to! It can't be that bad can it?

This novel a gorgeous love letter Croatia (I've never been but I certainly want to now!). Among the laugh-out-loud moments of this book, there are heartfelt poignant moments as the c
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
Fancy a cruise around the Adriatic sea on a luxury yacht?  Then join Maddie and her guests as they embark on this beautiful adventure.

Maddie is an aspiring artist who is offered a last minute job tending six wealthy passengers for a cruise around the Adriatic.  The passengers include her friend's brother Nick who she develops a love/hate relationship with immediately.

I'm a total sucker for location romances and this one was just sheer delight to read.  It's rare Croatia features in this genr
Jenny C
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Absolutely perfect for a summer holiday read! This book follows Maddie, who has taken on a job as a skipper on a yacht as a favour for a friend. She is a struggling artist and has little to no confidence in her own abilities. Aboard her ship comes a host of characters including bratty models and one rather attractive and seemingly normal farmer.
The scenery and locations described along the way have made me desperate to visit the Dalmatian Islands. This book, although an easy ready, was extremel
Julie
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love to travel vicariously through the power of words; such is the strength of this book that I have now added Croatia to my 'must visit' list. This is a lovely story which has everything - characters who dislike each other on sight, self-obsessed models, fabulous locations and underneath it all very human problems. The 'posh' guests aboard the yacht really show how the other half live and yet my heart is with Maddie all the way. There are some funny moments and some serious moments, which add ...more
Andi
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I feel like Julie Caplin ought to by my travel buddy. She writes about the most delightful places, they don't need to exotic, but in her descriptions, you just want to be there lapping up the experiences of her characters. Julie's main characters are always down to earth hard working people who have worked to get the opportunities. As usual I loved her characters and winced several times in this story about some of the antics. This book was read virtually in one sitting and I loved it. So that's ...more
Rachel Chambers
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
What a wonderful book. I've never been to Croatia but this book brought it to life on the page.

Maddie is a budding, jobless artist who lands a job as crew on a yacht. Her friend Nina got her the job as her brother Nick is one of the guests. Nick is dating a model who is a trying character and not at all right for him. Will Nick realise that Maddie is the girl for him and can Maddie overcome her feelings of inadequacy and self doubt so that love can blossom.

After finishing this book I realised i
MaríaLuisa
Jul 16, 2019 rated it liked it
The first half of this book was a little too slow for me and it took me a while to get into it because I found it hard to connect with the characters until I was half-way through the story. But then the second half got really entertaining. I enjoyed the banter between Maddie and Nick, and some of the descriptions made me wish I was on a vacation at sea.

* I read an ARC of this book via Netgalley.
Sandy
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shou!d be six stars

Lovely great addition to the series but is really a stand alone book. Maddie is a an artist without prospects, crewing on a boat in Croatia. The boat is inhabited by a vast of characters both good and bad and the adventures. And romance u wind. Another terrific story set amid a lovely location.
Christie72
Oh my gosh!!! I just absolutely fell in love with this book and the characters! It is described as the best feel good romance for the summer, and that is most definitely a true statement! It is one of my top reads of 2019 and one of my all-time favorite reads.

Maddie is an aspiring artist, but she has to find a job in the meantime to support herself. She gets an incredible opportunity to work on a luxury yacht. However, she isn’t expecting the arrogant guests on board, especially her best friend
Julie Morris
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How could you not want to pick up this book when you see the beautiful cover? It looks like the perfect summer read, doesn’t it? Well, if you are not managing to escape the UK for your holidays this year but want to travel vicariously through your summer reading, you won’t do better than picking up a copy of The Secret Cove in Croatia by Julie Caplin.

Up until recently, I worked in travel and Croatia has become one of the hottest destinations in Europe over the past few years, although I haven’t
KT Robson
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Julie Caplin is the author who helped thaw my cold, dead heart – I shied away from any romance related books for years, but took a chance on the first book of this Romantic Escapes series, The Little Cafe In Copenhagen, and haven’t looked back since! The Secret Cove In Croatia is the fifth instalment to this series, and I have found it to be just as heartwarming as it’s predecessors.

Losing myself in this book for a few hours was like taking a mini holiday – The vivid descriptions of Croatia and
Kristine
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely summer beach read.

Nick, a humble sheep farmer finds himself on holiday in Croatia on a yacht with his girlfriend model Tara. Maddie, first in her family to attend uni, finds herself graduated and jobless so takes a last minute offer to help work on that same yacht. Maddie and Nick have a connection - his sister, her best friend Nina. But other than that, she's got no filter and tells him how she really feels, an absolutely admirable quality in my opinion :). When Nick starts rea
Stanley McShane
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Maddie Wilcox manages to score a summer job on a luxury yacht for the summer sailing the gorgeous turquoise seas of Croatia on the Adriatic. The opening was recommended to Maddie by her best friend, Nina, and Nina's brother will be among the guests. Nina's brother Nick Hadley, however, has been brought along on the cruise by Tara, an extremely spoiled (and slack-jawed beautiful) model who needed appropriate eye-candy on her arm. No secret they both turn heads.

Maddie's character is relatable. She
Joanne D'Arcy
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Books can take you on holidays and experiences vicariously and whilst there are some books I read I have no want or desire to become involved - reassuringly for my readers anything to do with murders is at the top of this list! However ones that require no passport or vaccinations then I am there being transported to blue seas, warm sun and the sense of pure relaxation. Utter bliss.

In this the fifth of the Romantic Escapes series by Julie Caplin, I am transported by yacht to Croatia.

Maddie is of
Yvonne
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book in the Romantic Escapes Series, and I can see what it has been such a popular series withother readers. I have not read the previous books, but I can say I really want to now!

If you could sail away on a luxury yacht on the beautiful Croatian coast, would you? This is exactly what Maddie Wilcox did! She doesn’t mind that she will be part of the crew waiting on the posh guests that have hired the yacht, after all, she will get the chance to meet her best friends brother. At le
Sharon
How lovely does this book look?? Ignore the blurb for the moment and focus purely on the front cover with its blue skies, inviting sea and that bottle of wine! I think that front cover tells you everything about what this book is going to be about!! Carrying on to the blurb, it immediately draws you in with its promises of fun and romance!!

I’ve never been to Croatia, but I never imagined for a second it would be how this book describes it. This is also my first book by this author so it’s a bit
Debbie Southwell
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading Julie’s books (This is the fifth book in the series of Romantic Escapes) I am always transported to the country that she is writing about and end up adding the destination to my places to go list!
This is another wonderful story and I love the way that the characters in each of the books are known to each other in some way so that you get a feel for what is happening with the characters from previous books, but at the same time this can be read as a standalone book too.
Maddie is an Artist
« previous 1 3 next »

Romantic Escapes (5 books)
  • The Little Café in Copenhagen (Romantic Escapes, #1)
  • The Little Brooklyn Bakery (Romantic Escapes, #2)
  • The Little Paris Patisserie (Romantic Escapes, #3)
  • The Northern Lights Lodge (Romantic Escapes, #4)