Start by marking “The Bear Buys a Bride (A Second Chance Christmas in Bear Creek #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bear Buys a Bride (A Second Chance Christmas in Bear Creek #1)

The Bear Buys a Bride

(A Second Chance Christmas in Bear Creek #1)

Matthew just bought his bride.

Only she doesn’t know it yet.

Bear shifter, Matthew, just bought his mate at a charity auction. Okay, so what he actually bought was an afternoon of pet pampering—he doesn’t own a pet.
Maybe he could pamper her instead?
Only he’s the bad guy, who came to town to destroy the animal shelter, so he could build luxury houses on the land.
Published December 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Bear Buys a Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bear Buys a Bride

Start your review of The Bear Buys a Bride (A Second Chance Christmas in Bear Creek #1)
Lady Elizabeth
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having been prepared for this book since the ending of Animal Rescue Bear I was excited to see it finally going live. I jumped on it as soon as I could.

Matthew was trying to buy the land where the Pet Shelter was located and the night of the charity auction that the people running the place put in motion to save it, he finds his mate. Not only that, she's trying to save the shelter that he's trying to destroy.

Sian is at the charity auction to get money so they can save the pet shelter. She
Wild_irish_rose
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute read.
MaryD
This one is good in that it shows how the shifter bond can completely change someone's personality.
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

We first met Matthew and Sian back in Ronni and Lucas’ romance in Animal Rescue Bear in the Return to Bear Creek series. I know that it’s asking a lot to suggest reading a series, or a chain of connected series from the very beginning if you’ve just begun at this point. I get it, I do. Yet, I would suggest that if you can go pick up Animal Rescue Bear for that story first introduces Matthew and Sian… and there is a wealth of information, and emotions on how this couple
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
I really enjoyed reading this wonderful second-chance Christmas bear shifter romance, it is a satisfying love story about a rich bear shifter (Matthew) who is determined to buy the land where an animal shelter is on, but soon discovers at a charity auction for the animal shelter that a woman (Sian) is his fated mate, now he wants to show her that that not every male is bad & he is determined to claim her & her daughters.
The story-line is interesting and well written with intriguing
Jan
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He never learned to relate to others or care about them only how to make money from them, but he's a silver haired shifter who never met his mate. Now he's blown away because suddenly he wants to make her happy regardless of his prior plans!
She had an emotional abuser for a husband who made life unreal for her and their two teen daughters and he's still dragging things out with the divorce so she doesn't ever want to get into a relationship again, especially with the man who wants to destroy
Rosemarie Grainer
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yay! Siah's story is here!

And what a great story about second chances. Matthew was the bad guy for most of Animal Rescue Bear until the very end of the story. I won't tell you what happened, but if you haven't read that story already, you need to before reading this one. I loved how Matthew is with Siah and her girls. You could really feel him striving for a second chance.

With a fast pace, an upbeat tone, a character oriented storyline with some steamy scenes and vivid characters who make you
My2CentsBookReviews
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Surprise the right place at the wrong time gives a new spin - wrong time or fated circumstances?

Mathew makes his billions negotiating cut throat business. Business was his only focus. He has his eight on land - take out the hse, the animal shelter and build shifter vacation homes it's just perfect. Sian thinks this guy is awesome until she finds out he is the reason they have to find all the money soon or the shelter is gone. She has an auction fund raiser to hopefully get enough money so her
Kirsten Ensman
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love and a purpose can Chan f e someone

I enjoyed this book. I would have liked to have had the house finished. I was a bit disappointed in that. I imagine there will be another story with the wedding I hope and the house being completed. I do not like when stories are left with parts hanging. That is not enough of a reason to not give it a good rating. That is my personal preference. You might want to know some issues are left unfinished. It was a sweet story with a couple of girls who will get
Darlene I read to many boooks
Matthew is the big bad man that really isn't bad.. he finally found his mate Sian when he wants to buy the land she has the animal shelter on.. but instead he buys a pet pampering from her that helps save the shelter and show her ex husband he can't embarrass her. But these two have great chemisrty and do have a tiny push pull (Sian) plus she has 2 teenage kids.. i enjoyed how they were as a family.. and how they handled their mom redating and shifters.. good decent book..

Low in angst, no ow
Jackie
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I will be honest here, I almost put this down in the beginning cause I didn't like Matthew. I'm glad I kept reading, cause he sure improved & stole the story in the end. Sian was an ok character, I felt she was a bit wishy-washy at times. It does have the insta-love or mate-bond thing going on, which a lot of readers might object to. I did like that Sian being human questioned the mate-bond thing at first. I did feel like I missed a previous story or prequel to this, not enough to hurt the ...more
Kei
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 英語-english
A Hallmark-style romantic Christmas story on steroids. With some sex. And with nothing bad happening (in fact sometimes it feels like nothing is happening at all, only the same discussions about how he changed and how she needs more time over and over until she doesn't need more time anymore). It's so fluffy, even when shifters shift they do so in a cloud of glitter.
There not much of a substance or quality to this, but I can't give it less stars because that would be mean, and you can't be mean
Selina Durio
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas Miracles

Bear Creek is always a fun town to visit with. The residents are always so genuine. Matthew, Siam, Rachel and Ella are no different. Moving to Bear Creek to start over amidst a divorce has now single mother Sian (great name by the way) learning how to not only stand on her own for the sake of her children, but how to accept help when needed. Bear shifter Matthew has no heart. He is a ruthless real estate developer that only has one thing on his mind, making money. Throw in the
Janet Hendricks
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second Chances and The Power of Love

One of My favorite tropes is stories about redemption.Matthew Lewis starts out as a greedy real estate developer determined to destroy the Bear Creek Animal Shelter. Then he sees Sian, his mate, and his whole world shifts. He needs to be worthy of having her as his mate. Sian knows nothing about shifters. She just wants to start a new life with her daughters. How is Matthew going to convince Sian that he's not the jerk who wanted to destroy her dreams?

This is
Susan
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Absolutely clever story. Sian is trying to start her life over with her two daughters. Her soon to be ex is driving her nuts by withholding funds he is supposed to pay, and a millionaire is trying to buy the land the animal shelter is located, and she was to build her grooming business. At a fund-raiser for the shelter Sian's ex tries to embarrass her by bidding low, but she had met the handsome Matthew Lewis moments earlier, and much to his surprise, he runs the bid up and saves the animal ...more
frances dunning
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the Bear Creek stories

I love these wonderful Bear Creek stories. The characters are some of my favorites, so I love how they make cameos or how their stories overlap. Sian, Ella and Rachel's story is special because we all know single Moms trying to make a go of it on their own without allowing hard times to affect the kids. Mathew doesn't know love or what it's like to be a family. However that doesn't stop him from jumping in to be a loving mate and stepfather to two teenage girls. I look
Patricia H. Phelps
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another hit for Harmony Raines

.Matthew is an extremely successful real estate mogul who wants the land the animal shelter sits on. Asian has left her husband an emotional battered, and com t o Bear Creek with her teenage daughters to begin a new life. She organizes an auction to buy the land for the shelter where she works. Peter comes to the auction to embarrass and manipulate Sian. Matthew walks in and discovers she is his mate. He then donates a large amount that will save the shelter. It is
Dawn
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and wonderful

I just love the older couple/second chance romances. They are always so heart warming and sweet and this is no different. This is a true Christmas story. You have a man who didn't know how to love find what the true meaning of love and compassion is and a women who had lost faith in love find a way to open her heart again. This a wonderful shifter romance and worth the read.
Sandra Aaron
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet shifter romance

This is a sweet second chance shifter romance. I liked Sian and her daughters a lot from the beginning. It took me a while to believe that Matthew had changed enough to deserve them, but he did change -- and I liked the new Matthew. I did think it would have taken Sian a little longer to trust Matthew, especially considering what her awful ex put her through.
L M
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet and enjoyable read with very likeable characters.
This is the start of a new series but is a follow on story from ANIMAL RESCUE BEAR.
A wonderful and sweet tale of one very powerful and ruthless man becoming a better person purely due to meeting his mate.
Disliked the ex-husband. What a douch bag.
I was kindly given a copy by the author but read it though KU. This is my honest review of this book.
Julie Jefferies
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed

I absolutely loved this story. Matthew the heartless property developer who never fails to get what he wants no matter the cost. Sian, a Maher of 2 daughters going through a messy divorce who just wants a simple life trying to help save the local rescue centre that Matthew is trying to buy and tear down. I really enjoy watching the changes love can make in someone’s life. The story was so well written.
Busybeth76
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bargain for the Bride

Matthew is a tough, rich, hard hearted bear shifter. But when he finds his true mate, Sian, and her two daughters, all bets are off. A heart felt tale of a man turning his life around for true love. His sarcastic and comedic bear self conscious is a great addition to his transition. Add in the craven, almost ex husband of Sian and you have the expected winning story of Bear Creek shifters to enjoy.
Vickey Mcgee
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bad Near Turns Good

This was expertly written. It has some new characters from Bear Creek as well as some old friends. There is some sexual content. Loved the storyline. Usually we see a bear fight but not this time, so it was a bit different. The two daughters were so warm and realistic. All the characters are amazing. I loved every word of this story.
Charlee Bailey
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Matthew has just about given up on finding his true mate, so he give all his attention to working and making money. When he decides to buy land that the local Animal Shelter is on, he has bit off more than he can chew. The towns people who want to save the shelter are holding a auction to raise money. Donations of art, jewelry and services are offered. Matt is just there to look around, but when he realizes that his mate is offering a pampering session for a pet, he has to bid, even though he ...more
Andrea Floyd
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

As with all the author's books, I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and their story. This was a non-stop cover to cover read, I couldn't put it down. A shifter, a strong independent woman with kids, a soon to be ex-husband, a second chance at love, what more could you want in a great story. This is one book you won't want to miss.
Kasey Riley
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
HEA Christmas romance.

Well developed characters in a sweet and mildly spicy Christmas romance. It has decent editing but didn’t move very quickly in spots. Because it is a Christmas story I found it a little predictable but very readable. To those who enjoy a sweet romance, I heartily recommend this book.
Niki
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and sexy

It’s amazing to me that this author can continue to write such diverse stories! I truly cannot even count how many of her books I’ve read, and each one is unique and entertaining, making me long for another. Matthews character seemed like he was impossible to redeem, but love always finds a way!
Gloria Everett
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Happy story

This is a cute story about a bear shifter who has a heart of stone until he finds his mate just as he is attempting to ruin her life at an auction. What he does is save her by bidding on her and winning. I really enjoyed reading this book because Harmony Raines is such an amazing author. My Kindle is full of her work.
Loretta
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful romance!

The Bear Buys a Bride was such a delightful story! A bear shifter finally after 50 years finds his mate! And she has two daughters! A ready made family. There are problems to be resolved but they find their Happy Ever After ending! I highly recommend this story!
Sydney M Neblett
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This bear knows how to turn a profit

I loved this! I enjoyed the gentle tone of two mature people learning how to love each other through all of their actions. It especially warmed my heart that Matthew just accepted Sian’s daughters as his own. No matter what the past was, neither of them are willing to let it drive their future. I can’t wait to read the next book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Christmas Hellhound (A Mate for Christmas, #2)
  • The Pegasus Marshal's Mate (U.S. Marshal Shifters, #2)
  • Jaguar's Joy (Veteran Shifters #5)
  • Top Gun Tiger (Protection, Inc., #7)
  • A Griffin for Christmas (Shifters for Christmas, #1)
  • Dandelion Season (Green Valley Shifters, #3)
  • The Red Dragon's Baby (Shifter Dads, #1)
  • Three Shifter Christmas
  • Master Of Frost (Frozen Dragons, #2)
  • Lord of Winter (Frozen Dragons, #1)
  • Grim Christmas (Daughters of Beasts, #4)
  • Tropical Leopard's Longing (Shifting Sands Resort, #8)
  • Silver Dragon (Silver Shifters, #1)
  • Winter Takes All (Paranormal Dating Agency, #19)
  • The Golden Griffin's Baby (Shifter Dads #3)
  • New Vyr (Daughters of Beasts, #5)
  • Prince Of Ice (Frozen Dragons, #3)
  • Tarian Silver Lion (New Tarian Pride, #2)
Harmony Raines loves to write romance filled with magic and love. Her men are usually not so alpha, but they know how to treat their fated mates, or alien lovers well.

Email: harmony@harmonyraines.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/harmonyraine...

-----------------------------------------------------
From the author:
If you love shifter romances, sign up to my newsletter at

A Second Chance Christmas in Bear Creek (3 books)
  • The Wolf Wants a Wife (A Second Chance Christmas in Bear Creek #2)
  • The Lion Loves a Lady (A Second Chance Christmas in Bear Creek, #3)