Start by marking “The Greenprint: Plant-Based Diet, Best Body, Better World” as Want to Read:
The Greenprint: Plant-Based Diet, Best Body, Better World

The Greenprint: Plant-Based Diet, Best Body, Better World

New York Times bestselling author and CEO of 22 Days Nutrition, Marco Borges introduces a revolutionary plant-based lifestyle plan – The Greenprint. By following its 22 proven effective guidelines, you will shift your mindset, improve your health, lose weight, and impact the planet for the better.

Accessible and easy-to-follow, The Greenprint is a movement to embrace your

Kindle Edition
Published December 31st 2018 by HQ

To ask other readers questions about The Greenprint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Greenprint

Start your review of The Greenprint: Plant-Based Diet, Best Body, Better World
Feisty Harriet
I don't care if Marco Borges is the personal friend and dietitian for Beyonce & Jay-Z....he's not a good writer and at one point was literally yelling at me to be vegan or die. Which, might be true. But this book only convinced me that Marco Borges is not the person with whom I want to discuss it. Hard pass.
Sneha
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best health books I've read so far!
The Greenprint is a plant-based nutrition book which also includes sections on fasting, dealing with emotional eating, and doing what's best for the planet's health as well as our own!
(All in a gorgeous package with glossy pages and a nice font!)
Well done, Mr. Borges!
5 Stars
Mandy
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was keen to read about transitioning to a vegan diet as I had read a lot about the environmental benefits of veganism.

This book appeared to be about how to transition to a vegan diet. Unfortunately, there is not a lot in it about the mechanics of transitioning, which wasn't really mentioned until half way into the book, the first half of the book is an argument for veganism. That's fine as far as it goes, though there were descriptions of cruelty against animals that I felt needed to be
Conny
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Didn't make it past the introduction, which seemed pretentious, preachy, and full of promises how it would change your entire health and surrounding.
My husband and me literally just made the transition to almost exclusively vegetarian., for exactly the same basic reasons: health, environment and sustainability. I don't know who his audience is, but the intro did nothing to make me want to listen to the rest.
Martha Meyer
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a long pep talk written by Marco Borges who helped various clients transition to a plant-based lifestyle. Two of his most famous clients, Jay-Z and Beyonce, introduce the book: "We want to challenge you, as we challenge ourselves, to move toward plant-based foods."

The first half of the book is a explanation of the 22 Greenprint Laws (Marco Borges' basic approach). The first is Eat More Plants (and less of everything else). If you want to make the change to a more plant - based
Catherine
This is a borrow book from my local library. After two days of reviewing I found only a few things that were helpful. (1) The laws he list have some great psychological information of why to go plant based and how to help your mind make the transition. (2) Part 2 lists three transitional tiers. I realized I was in tier 2, ramp-up.

What I didn’t’ like about the book was: (A) He mentioned, I needed to read a lot before finding, he had never been overweight, nor obese, and he discusses way to slim
Samantha
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Borges created this truly beautifully designed book that explains in details the benefits of changing to a plant-based diet. Like Borges, I also transitioned to a completely plant-based diet rather than suddenly making the change. I became a pescatarian (vegetarian + fish) in 2002, then I gave up gluten and dairy in 2016 (due to illness...leading to a celiac diagnosis), and finally giving up fish and eggs to be full "vegan" in 2017. Borges presents 22 "rules" to begin living a healthier ...more
Gina Lorax
Sep 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
The 22 laws are rather repetitive and could easily have been reduced. My guess is he wanted a “law” for everyday so had to make minute distinctions in the laws so that he could make them separate. Even when he uses the same justifications/reasons/evidence for multiple laws.

It reads more as a personal account of what a whole food plant based diet has been like for him, with anecdotes of friends, than a science or research based book. The latter being what Mr. Borges seems to want this book to
Marathon County Public Library
Marco Borges, CEO and founder of 22 Days Nutrition created Greenprint, a set of guidelines helping people to make the transition to plant-based eating. This book is not only packed with those helpful guidelines, but it's also packed with tantalizing recipes, shopping lists, and meal plans to get you started. I especially appreciated the introduction that included specific studies illustrating the health benefits of eating plant based (live 4-7 years longer!) and the positive environmental ...more
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Continuing my current obsession with nutrition, I read this book which is essentially a guide and encouraging push towards plant-based eating. If you want to get healthier and clean up your diet, there is a lot of good info here in easy to digest chapters (laws) about the Greenprint (how your choices affect not only your health, but the environment and the health of our planet.)

Whether you want to replace one meal a day with a plant-based meal, or learn about the vegan lifestyle, there is a lot
Marco Borges, CEO and founder of 22 Days Nutrition (who make the best vegan protein bars!), created Greenprint, a set of guidelines helping people to make the transition to plant-based eating. This book is not only packed with those guidelines, but it's packed with tantalizing recipes, shopping lists, and meal plans to get you started. I especially appreciated the introduction that included specific studies illustrating the health benefits of eating plant based (live 4-7 years longer!) and the ...more
Blaine Strickland
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"It is seriously time for you to address your eating habits," said my doctor. He recommended that I think about a plant based diet, and I found this book on my own. I listened to it on Audible. Read by the author. Bottom line: after I listened to it, I bought the hardcover in order to see all of the recipes and additional information supplied in the actual book. The author makes a very compelling case; I am still sticking to the recommendations that he made and I adopted.
Emma Eiram
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-ebook
I’ll be honest, I partly read, partly skimmed this book, as some chapters were new and interesting information, and some were more geared towards new vegans. So while I didn’t gain a lot from the front bit, I love the layout and would have enjoyed this book immensely a couple years ago.

For me now, the recipes at the back all look delicious and I’m excited to test some of them out, which made this still worth the read, even for someone who’s been on a plant based diet for a few years.
Mindy
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somewhat repetitive, but I purchased rather than wait to see if library would have down the road. It will be good to go back to and reference and hammer each point or Law home more- also i don’t think anyone-could argue that all of the recipes don’t look amazing. All points toward Plant Based is by far the best way to be for our bodies and environment- it is possible for anyone - you can start today and it is all outlined how-
Hao Ca Vien
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Greenprint by Borges, Jay-Z and Beyonce is phenomenal and inspiring. The recipes are really varied and some of the nutrition and exercise information is niche and are real gems. Borges brings together the best of the best for this super guide to revolutionizing your life. Greenprint is a must read for all to-be healthies, vegans, and foodies or even those already properly introduced.
Josh
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health
Not as good as I had hoped, but for someone just leaning toward a plant based diet, it's a quality book. I've been plant based for a decade, so much of the information wasn't new to me. I do hope people can find inspiration from it.
Christina Karvounis
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m not into ‘diet books’ but I like cookbooks that give healthy information. This was a really good one. Lots of great tips and info in reasonable chapters (short!) Aiming to get into plant-based eating 100%....except for pizza night and summer ice cream!
lkhamsuren amarjargal
The author is victimized by society's one of the big fallacies that he does not know about basic knowledge of fat role. Stopped reading.
Barb
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Some good recipes and information but kind of verbose.
Noel
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good philosophy, practical plan... A little soft on scientific evidence.
Shelly
Oct 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Ugh!
Chris
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting read. Don't know if I have the commitment but I would like to try.
Gwen - Chew & Digest Books -
Preaching to the choir really here yet I do like that he really broke down the costs in acerage/land to produce meat and that he offered more choices than others. (I'm allergic to the main ingredient in many of the options.)

I still have a problem going all the way vegan because the cheese, the cheese call me. *hangs head*Have you tried some of the Irish cheeses or the new ones coming out of New Zeland, even their goat cheese? The good part is that dairy cows and goats aren't as hard on the land
Shaina
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those interested in health, nutrition, environmentalism & parenting
I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to trying out the recipes. There was a ton of info in here & it was easily consumable, but I marked it as a 4 star because it still felt like a lot of the text was either content that had been repurposed from earlier in the book or was info that is readily available & constantly regurgitated by everyone else in the whole-foods, plant-based field.

That being said, this would be an excellent book for those who are just being introduced to
Marie
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
"Plant based eating takes off pounds rapidly and consistently.

Fights diabetes. Keeps your heart healthy.

Naturally detoxifies your body against cancer causing agents.

Eases arthritis and joint pain. Strengthens your immune system.

Boosts your memory and wards off dementia.

Preserves your vision and protects your eyes against cataracts.

Makes your skin, hair and nails glow.

I do not eat anything produced by something that has a face.

Plant based eating is the most powerful, most effective and easiest
Paige Blue
May 03, 2019 rated it liked it
It is hard to give an accurate rating right now since half of the book is recipes which I have not tried yet. So my 3 star rating is in review of the first half of the book. I felt inspired to treat my body with more respect. This book encourages a plant-based diet as well as exercise and intermittent fasting. Bigger than all of that, it encourages health and getting the most out of our body and life. This book seems to repeat itself A LOT though. I’m looking forward to trying the recipes.
Ashley
Mar 31, 2019
Judy
May 28, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combine Editions - "The Greenprint" by Marco Borges 2 13 Dec 31, 2018 08:39AM

• The 22-Day Revolution Cookbook: The Ultimate Resource for Unleashing the Life-Changing Health Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet
  • 31-Day Food Revolution: Heal Your Body, Feel Great, and Transform Your World
  • Mostly Plants: 101 Delicious Flexitarian Recipes from the Pollan Family
  • The Vegan Starter Kit: Everything You Need to Know About Plant-Based Eating
  • Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul: How to Create a New You
  • Inconspicuous Consumption: The Environmental Impact You Don't Know You Have
  • Broke Millennial Takes on Investing: A Beginner's Guide to Leveling Up Your Money
  • The Engine 2 Diet: The Texas Firefighter's 28-Day Save-Your-Life Plan that Lowers Cholesterol and Burns Away the Pounds
  • Nothing Fancy: Unfussy Food for Having People Over
  • Brand Thinking and Other Noble Pursuits
  • Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Starting a Food Truck Business (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback))
  • The Everything Guide to Being Vegetarian: The advice, nutrition information, and recipes you need to enjoy a healthy lifestyle
  • Sly Moves: My Proven Program to Lose Weight, Build Strength, Gain Will Power, and Live your Dream
  • The Compassionate Diet: How What You Eat Can Change Your Life and Save the Planet
  • Life Coaching for Dummies
  • The Primal Connection: Follow Your Genetic Blueprint to Health and Happiness
  • We Are What We Pretend To Be: The First and Last Works
Marco Borges, an exercise physiologist, author and vegan has spent the past 20 years teaching people how to lead healthier lives.

Marco has written for Us Weekly, Brides.com, The Knot and a host of websites including his own "Healthstyle Blog" and has been featured in numerous publications. He has developed extremely successful group fitness programs for both adults and children. Through his