Start by marking “Mastering Monero: The future of private transactions” as Want to Read:
Mastering Monero: The future of private transactions

Mastering Monero: The future of private transactions

Published December 20th 2018 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Mastering Monero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mastering Monero

Start your review of Mastering Monero: The future of private transactions
John
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall a really interesting and a well written book. It touches on a few important things which I'll mention here as A & B.

A) Bitcoin isn't fungible at a protocol level, which is a problem. To achieve fungibility requires privacy. Monero provides privacy, and thus fungibility through 3 things - stealth addresses (meaning that the public key you provide to receive payments doesn't get stored on the blockchain), RingCT (hiding the transaction value) and Ring Signatures (which hides who sent the
Jordan Schriner
Nice, gentle introduction but lacks indepth and technical examples to provide enough information for a cohesive, wholesome understanding of Monero. Recommend supplementing with videos on YouTube and resources on GitHub
Denis Goddard
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Monero's community and development remind me very much of the early days of Linux; this book reminds me of those early O'Reilly manuals I read over & over.

Well-written, accessible books like this are exactly what's needed to help other savvy users and IT pros to understand the state of the art in secure, scalable, private blockchains. This book will take you from basic How Blockchains Work all the way to the details of ring signature cryptography.
The only reason I had to take out 1 star is that
Mark
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very informative! Would have liked more walk throughs with the programming/math examples.
Ayylmao
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very informative, perfect resource for newcomers
Samuel
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
The technical chapter leaves much to be desired.
Brian D.
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Nice overview, but does not go very deep.
Seth Benton
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Solid intro to Monero. Starts very approachable to a crypto noob, then gets progressively more technical if you want to go there. Some nice history about the project and community as well.
Austin Gilbert
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: computer-books
SerHack does an excellent job of presenting blockchains and cryptocurrency concepts in a clear and concise way. I would recommend this book to anyone looking to get a deeper understanding of these topics - even if you're more interested in Bitcoin than Monero. ...more
Warren Mcpherson
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Usage and technology of the privacy-focused cryptocurrency Monero.
The book has an introductory explanation of the process of using Monero: Receiving transactions, sending transactions and understanding what you can see in the system and what can not be seen. It describes the technology used, but you will have to go elsewhere to understand cryptography in a meaningful way.
The introduction and motivation for the project feel a bit over the top. The traditional fiat banking system handles a massiv
Peter Rehm
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was a member of a blockchain / cryptocurrency study group that met periodically to take in a new chapter of this book. It's written at a learners to intermediate level which was good for me as I do not have a deep programming or technical background. Fortunately our group had both motivated and technically skilled members who spent time before each meeting preparing a chapter review and discussion that I could follow along with.

The author of Mastering Monero did a great job of making the subj
Seth
Apr 17, 2021 rated it liked it
There are too many audiences for this book. The first part explains for lay readers what Monero is and why it is secure, private and anonymous. This part is very readable and helped convince me of the value of using a privacy coin over other cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum. The rest of the book is complex technical jargon and code snippets for people wanting/needing to understand the cryptographic code under the hood. I skimmed most of this.

Cryptocurrency is undoubtedly the future. The
Joshua
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mastering Monero offers a very good overview of the complete Monero ecosystem and is therefore particularly suitable for beginners. In addition, a lot of useful information and sources are given to further deepen and expand your knowledge in the field of Monero.
Tyler
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read if you are interested in Monero! Just the right length and the author does a great job of explaining some difficult to understand topics.
Austen Rodgers
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better than BTC

Maybe not in price per coin just yet, but this is what people with BTC think they have. Loving the reddit community as well.
Cryspinn
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book

I was looking for a book about monero and some knowledge I was not interested just skip it up. But main idea and the important things are understandable
John Man
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! Although it does not delve into the technical details, it is a great book that gives a high-level overview of Monero and great for anyone to pick up and read.
Dennis
May 31, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A True Masters-Level book

I'm not a techie so everything after Chapter 5 was over my head. Regardless, it was a great book and worth the purchase!
Hongli
Jan 30, 2021
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking
  • Mastering Ethereum: Building Smart Contracts and DApps
  • The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power
  • Le dossier Jason Fly (XIII, #6)
  • CANDY & CIGARETTES 1 (Candy & Cigarettes, #1)
  • Can Science Explain Everything?
  • Das Schloss der Schlange: Die schwarze Sonne 1
  • Gunning for God: A Critique of the New Atheism
  • The Fertile Hotwife Goes Black: An Interracial Cuckold Romance: Will she ever go back? (Raven Merlot's Interracial Cuckold Erotic Romance Book 5)
  • Forced Feminization. Sissy Office Slut: Humiliated by lesbian coworkers
  • The Richest Man in Babylon
  • Bitcoin Billionaires: A True Story of Genius, Betrayal, and Redemption
  • Bad Samaritans: The Myth of Free Trade and the Secret History of Capitalism
  • Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners
  • Xenocide (Ender's Saga, #3)
  • Children of the Mind (Ender's Saga, #4)
  • What the Dog Saw and Other Adventures