Start by marking “The Reinvention of Jinx Howell (A Pine Bluff Novel, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Reinvention of Jinx Howell (A Pine Bluff Novel, #5)

The Reinvention of Jinx Howell

(Pine Bluff #5)

Hiding behind her wigs and heavy makeup, Jinx Howell masks her insecurities—which even she doesn’t understand—with bravado, slashing through life with reckless abandon. Lonely, but unwilling to get close to anyone, she finds the ideal solution: a hook-up with the campus’s most notorious heartbreaker.

In similar fashion, Mark “Two-Time” MacGregor protects his heart and keeps
Published February 22nd 2019 by Serrated Edge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Reinvention of Jinx Howell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reinvention of Jinx Howell

Start your review of The Reinvention of Jinx Howell (A Pine Bluff Novel, #5)
Jennifer Lane
Pixie Addict Meets Codependent Scot

This series is full of damaged souls trying to find love, and in the fifth novel, petite blond artist with a horrible family secret, Jinx, makes grieving bartender/accountant, Mark, rethink his two-timing ways. The addict and her codependent lover both reinvent themselves in the Southern setting.

The winding path of Jinx and Mark's relationship is one step forward, five steps back. At times their misconnections are frustrating, though they are quite realistic. B
Monica
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review
Sigh!

Damage souls trying to find meaning
for life, for love...

Artist & Bartender/Accountant
Jinx & Mark

Misconnections, addiction and recovery.
Suppressed memories, emotions return

You laugh, you cry
Your issues, your baggage.

Entire series is amazing!
I do recommend.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was a great read. This one is book 5 in the Pine Bluff series but it can be read as a standalone. It's has some heavy topics. Both Jinx and Mark are complex characters that have many layers. My first impression of Jinx was that she was a funny loving carefree girl but she's not. Jinx has a pass that haunts her but she's not even sure what and why causes her stress. Jinx doesn't do a lot of connections. Mark is sexy and has a rep to be a player. Jinx goes to him for no string night. One ...more
Beverly
Jinx smile at all of it.
"Whoa!" Beside her Mark stopped, shielding his eyes.
peered up at him. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"
"I don't know...It's like the sun just came out and blinded me. Was that an actual smile on your face?"

photo 9780535_zpse7bc9ae3.gif

Have you read Nancee Cain's books? No? What's wrong with you? Are you living under a rock? Ok it doesn't matter because I am here to tell you what you have been missing

photo tumblr_n37j7qhVYX1qa1s2no8_r1_250_zps0762bdf1.gif

This story will make you laugh, sigh, fall in love, cry and break your heart into a million ti
Caitlin Audet
The Reinvention of Jinx Howell is a very heavy, emotional read, filled with many hard hitting issues and plenty of characters finding their own way to deal. I appreciate what Nancee Cain is doing with the Pine Bluff series and shedding light on different ways people can be harming themselves or in an unhealthy situation that requires guidance to find the right path, the writing is so raw and real and hits you right in the heart. I like that she tried to break up the somber mood with the lighthea ...more
Joyce Pennington
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is one of my all time favorites! ♥️📚♥️
So well written! So incredibly real!
I laughed, I cried, I was angry and oh so happy! All the feels!
Nancee Cain has this wonderful talent for bringing her readers right to the heart of her stories, which equals an incredible page turner from beginning to end!
I totally recommend this novel and the entire Pine Bluff series!
5 plus stars all the way!
#Lovey #Thurston #kilts #greenbean
Brandy Roberts
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Reinvention of Jinx Howell was a good story with great characters it had be invested in what was going to happen to them and wanting to see how it was going to end . This can be read as a stand alone even though this is book five in a Pine bluff series I recommend that you read them in order though . The hero and heroine were magnetic with one another you could really feel the chemistry between them all . I can't wait to read more by the author and of this series .
Chele
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG , this was epic. The feels .
Just when you think you know a character they turn around and surprise you.
5 stars
Recommending not only this story but the entire series .

Jennifer Pierson
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm new to the world of Nancee Cain, and I'm pretty sure she destroyed me completely with The Reinvention of Jinx Howell. And not because there was all this killing off of people mind you, but because her writing style has a completely realistic feel to it, so it's heartbreakingly honest. Both Jinx & Mark have some serious baggage which makes them damaged souls, and for whatever reason, they decide to hookup. Like I'm talking about so many issues that my heart still hurts long after I finished t ...more
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pine Bluff Series has been a ride and a half of excitement , love, pain, lies, honesty, hurt , anger, fears and so much more. So many people touched by others and their stories are all the above and more. I rode the roller coaster that Nancee Cain brought us with this series and what a ride it was. I can't say it enough, this is a MUST READ SERIES!!!
Haylee James
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one has to be my absolute favorite so far of the series. Jinx is very insecure and scared to be hurt so she doesn't get close to anyone. I haven't read anything like this series before and I'm so happy that I read it because the characters are very relatable and they conquer some major issues that alot of people deal with on a daily basis. They can be read as a series or stand alones so pick these books up and give them a try.
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
At first glance, Jinx Howell seems to be a carefree girl looking for a good time. However, masks aren't only worn on Marde Gras in this New Orleans city. Jinx hides her true pain and insecurities behind her wild lifestyle.

Mark MacGregor (if you've read Damien's story) you know a bit about his history and how it ties in with Harley and the pain they have gone through. He's set a "two-time" rule when it comes to women to protect himself from ever becoming attached. However, there's just something
Lori Hammons
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jinx and Mark's story is written so that the reader understands Jinx's point of view. She was so lucky to find Mark. I love this author's way with words.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Jinx

Another emotionally story full of struggle, courage and romance. I enjoyed the growth each of the characters went through and how they overcame their obstacles to become a better stronger version of themselves.
Ruth Bishop
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book I couldn't put it down. Jinx and Mark's story is an emotional rollercoaster ride. There are lots of snarkiness humor. But I found myself ugly crying when tragedy struck Jinx after reading the rest of the series I guess I got invested in the characters and their lives.
Teri
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I wasn't too sure about this series or the author's style. It's not that there's anything wrong, far from it, I just find myself wanting less descriptive sex in my reads these days. The thing that kept me coming back is that even though there's sex it doesn't govern the story. Even in this read where sex was used as a tool by both of the main characters it still didn't take over the story. Hiding from years of secrets and lost time Jinx has built up walls so thick it's going to be a mir ...more
Michele
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Nancee Cain and the Pine Bluff series! This book didn't disappoint at all. I loved Jinx and Mark. We got to meet both of these Characters in the last book so I was definetly looking forward to learning about their story.  Again Nancee really deals with some heavy stuff in this book so their could be some triggers for some people but truthfully this book was raw and real. I cannot imagine dealing with what Markbor Jinx had to deal with but in this story their lives werent fairy ...more
Becky Baldridge
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book! Jinx and Mark will rip your heart out, stomp on it a bit, then put it back together to do the whole thing all over. This story is raw, emotional, and heart wrenching, but it's also sexy, laugh out loud funny, and hopeful, and I felt every single bit of that as I consumed Jinx and Mark's love story. And make no mistake, for all their ups and downs on this emotional roller coaster, this is a love story of epic proportions. As she's so often done with this series, Nancee Cain hits on som ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth book in this phenomenal series and is Jinx and Mark’s turn. This story is an emotional rollercoaster journey from beginning to end. This talented author has the unique ability to draw the reader’s right into the heart of the story, and she writes with such sensitivity regarding subjects of abuse and addiction. This is a well written flawless story, which is heartbreaking, humorous, gritty, raw, and with secrets, which all lead to me being totally captivated throughout this powe ...more
N.D. Jackson
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When this ARC appeared on my kindle I have to admit, I sighed with trepidation. I wanted to review it but for me, new adult stories are hit or miss for me.
But this story sucked me right in from the beginning and sadly, I spent precious writing hours devouring the lives of Jinx and Mark. The Reinvention of Jinx Howell was a beautiful surprise. It was heartbreaking and funny, steamy and totally engaging.
This isn’t two perfect twentysomethings falling in love between finals, this is what my aunt wo
Denise Fisher
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don 't do a review unless the book is a five star.

This book blew my mind. I never talk about the story because I'll spoil it. The characters are wonderful and I can't wait for the next book. I did nothing today, except prefix dinner, then read till I was done. I could not put it down. Surprises abound! Don't miss this wonderful book!!!
Jo Dawson
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jinx and Mark, what a romance that should never have been, failed to happen repeatedly, and had no right to even exist - but oh the angst of being a bystander in this dance of to and fro. I loved the interplay of the characters and the hefty baggage they carry adds so much texture to the story. This book took me right back to my 20's - and not in all the best ways, but it was great to be reminded of why I'm glad I'm not there again! Much love to this book; it continues the Pine Bluff tradition o ...more
Chrissyvs
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was one of my favorites by Nancce Cain to date!!! It is a ride and a half, get in, hold on and DON't let go!! LOL
Jinx and Mark are both broken(they both have big issues, but I loved all the feels and how it all come together!!)....and the chemistry between these two, is NOT to be denied! While it doesn't come easy for Jinx and Mark you know this couple need each other & you will be rooting for them all the way!
This stand alone book, does not let you down, in fact I have to say I have
Heather Brown
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely recommend!

Such a beautiful story with characters that have depth. The layers that you uncover throughout the story make it hard to put down.
Eunice J
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story of Jinx and Mark! I swear they could be frustrating at times, but it wouldn’t be a good story if there weren’t some obstacles. They’ve both suffered in their lives, and they’ve both built walls to keep a handle on the personas they’ve set up for themselves. They’re a match right from the start.
I love reading Nancee Cain’s books. The stories in Pine Bluff keep getting better and better. All of the characters feel like family. Get into this series, if you haven’t already.
Brenda
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Reinvention Of Jinx Howell, is a roller coaster ride of heartbreak, friendship, love and life destroying secrets, addiction and most importantly healing.
Jinx and Marks story is a hard one to read, but in important one, a beautiful one.

A must read.
Carrie
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nancee does it again! Loved this story of Jinx! Hope she keeps writing the Pine Bluff series with characters you come to know and love/hate!
Tiffany
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a good read and nice to finally find out what really happened between Mark and Jinx after seeing glimpses of them in the other books.
Deb Hartman
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I am a newbie in the romance novel field. I was a bit overwhelmed by the start of the book. I just wasn't sure. Then typical Nancee Cain, I was in. This entire series will blow you away. There is always some theme that cries out to be noticed. Nancee takes the time to give her readers resources for all of those issues. The character Jinx, I loved her. What an emotional page-turner this one is. This is a five-star green bean. (Now you have to read it, Dontcha?)
Darlene
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing, emotional addition to the phenomenal Pine Bluff series. The characters in this series are realistic and so well written that their emotions jump off the page. Book 5 focuses on "Mardi Gras" people Mark and Jinx who both hide behind masks to deal with their problems. This creates a relationship with complex,difficult issues which had me laughing one minute and crying the next. If you haven't read this series I cannot recommend it enough.

• Out Of The Shadows
  • Under Contract (The GEG, #1)
  • Zero F*cks (Violent Circle #4)
  • The First Girl Child
  • Sweet Beginnings: A Small Town Sweet Romance (Love Happens Book 1)
  • A Scot's Pledge (The MacLomain: End of an Era #1)
  • Sweet Attraction: A Small Town Sweet Romance (Love Happens)
  • Pie a la Poison (Taste of Magic Book 2)
  • All of Matt's treasures
  • Better Together (Cedarville, #4)
  • Sweet Engagement: A Small Town Sweet Romance: Love Happens Book 4
  • The New Husband
  • Immortal Hearts (The Hearts Series Book 3)
  • Secret Hearts (The Hearts Series Book 2)
  • Savaged
  • Consenting Hearts
  • Phoenix Unbound (Fallen Empire, #1)
  • Cupcakes and a Casualty (Taste of Magic, #1)
I write character driven stories that deal with serious issues with angst and lots of humor. Life is too short to take things too seriously! You can find all my books here: https://www.nanceecain.com/books/

And feel free to stalk me here:
Website: https://www.nanceecain.com/
Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/nance...
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NanceeCainAu...
FB Reader’s Group: https://w

Pine Bluff (7 books)
  • The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie (Pine Bluff, #1)
  • The Redemption of Emma Devine (Pine Bluff, #2)
  • The Rehabilitation of Angel Sinclair (Pine Bluff, #3)
  • The Redirection of Damien Sinclair (Pine Bluff, #4)
  • The Reintroduction of Sammie Morgan (Pine Bluff, #6)
  • The Realization of Grayson Deschanelle (Pine Bluff, #7)