Start by marking “The Reinvention of Jinx Howell (A Pine Bluff Novel, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Reinvention of Jinx Howell (A Pine Bluff Novel, #5)

The Reinvention of Jinx Howell

(Pine Bluff #5)

Hiding behind her wigs and heavy makeup, Jinx Howell masks her insecurities—which even she doesn’t understand—with bravado, slashing through life with reckless abandon. Lonely, but unwilling to get close to anyone, she finds the ideal solution: a hook-up with the campus’s most notorious heartbreaker.

In similar fashion, Mark “Two-Time” MacGregor protects his heart and keeps
Expected publication: February 22nd 2019 by Serrated Edge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Reinvention of Jinx Howell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reinvention of Jinx Howell

Jennifer Lane
Pixie Addict Meets Codependent Scot

This series is full of damaged souls trying to find love, and in the fifth novel, petite blond artist with a horrible family secret, Jinx, makes grieving bartender/accountant, Mark, rethink his two-timing ways. The addict and her codependent lover both reinvent themselves in the Southern setting.

The winding path of Jinx and Mark's relationship is one step forward, five steps back. At times their misconnections are frustrating, though they are quite realistic. B
Beverly
Jinx smile at all of it.
"Whoa!" Beside her Mark stopped, shielding his eyes.
peered up at him. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"
"I don't know...It's like the sun just came out and blinded me. Was that an actual smile on your face?"

photo 9780535_zpse7bc9ae3.gif

Have you read Nancee Cain's books? No? What's wrong with you? Are you living under a rock? Ok it doesn't matter because I am here to tell you what you have been missing

photo tumblr_n37j7qhVYX1qa1s2no8_r1_250_zps0762bdf1.gif

This story will make you laugh, sigh, fall in love, cry and break your heart into a million tiny piece
Chele
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG , this was epic. The feels .
Just when you think you know a character they turn around and surprise you.
5 stars
Recommending not only this story but the entire series .

N.D. Jackson
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When this ARC appeared on my kindle I have to admit, I sighed with trepidation. I wanted to review it but for me, new adult stories are hit or miss for me.
But this story sucked me right in from the beginning and sadly, I spent precious writing hours devouring the lives of Jinx and Mark. The Reinvention of Jinx Howell was a beautiful surprise. It was heartbreaking and funny, steamy and totally engaging.
This isn’t two perfect twentysomethings falling in love between finals, this is what my aunt wo
Eunice J
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story of Jinx and Mark! I swear they could be frustrating at times, but it wouldn’t be a good story if there weren’t some obstacles. They’ve both suffered in their lives, and they’ve both built walls to keep a handle on the personas they’ve set up for themselves. They’re a match right from the start.
I love reading Nancee Cain’s books. The stories in Pine Bluff keep getting better and better. All of the characters feel like family. Get into this series, if you haven’t already.
Joyce Pennington
Feb 05, 2019
Nancee Cain
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jo Dawson
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jinx and Mark, what a romance that should never have been, failed to happen repeatedly, and had no right to even exist - but oh the angst of being a bystander in this dance of to and fro. I loved the interplay of the characters and the hefty baggage they carry adds so much texture to the story. This book took me right back to my 20's - and not in all the best ways, but it was great to be reminded of why I'm glad I'm not there again! Much love to this book; it continues the Pine Bluff tradition o ...more
Tiffany
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a good read and nice to finally find out what really happened between Mark and Jinx after seeing glimpses of them in the other books.
Monica
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Feb 04, 2019
Ann
Feb 10, 2019
During the day, Nancee Cain works as a nurse/counselor in the field of addiction to support her coffee and reading habit. Nights are spent writing paranormal and contemporary romances with a serrated edge.

Authors are her rock stars, and she’s been known to stalk a few for an autograph, but not in a scary, Stephen King way. Her husband swears her To-Be-Read list qualifies her as a certifiable book

Pine Bluff (5 books)
  • The Resurrection of Dylan McAthie (A Pine Bluff Novel, #1)
  • The Redemption of Emma Devine (A Pine Bluff Novel, #2)
  • The Rehabilitation of Angel Sinclair
  • The Redirection of Damien Sinclair (A Pine Bluff Novel #4)