Start by marking “Whisky Christmas (Sawyer's Ferry, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Whisky Christmas (Sawyer's Ferry, #2.5)

Whisky Christmas

(Sawyer's Ferry #2.5)

Holden:

All I want for Christmas is to give Gage a birthday to remember. With his big day falling on December 23rd, he always seems to get lost in the holiday shuffle, so throwing him the best surprise party Sawyer's Ferry has ever seen is a no-brainer.
But even with weeks of careful preparation and help from Frankie on all things party-related, sometimes things don't go ex
Published December 21st 2018 by Cate Ashwood

To ask other readers questions about Whisky Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whisky Christmas

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars

Missed this one somehow during the holidays.

But was a good reminder of who Frankie is since his book is next.
⚣Michaelle⚣
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.8 Stars

Long ago, I once read an article (that I can't find online) that said people who are born within a month before or after Christmas receive 25% fewer gifts...and as someone who falls in that range I can say being a Holiday-ish baby does suck (less about the gifts than it is about being lost in the shuffle), so I really appreciate all the effort Holden goes through trying to make Gage's Birthday special and non-Christmas related.

I'm still enamored with this small, Alaskan town and everyon
BWT (Belen)
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2019
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I totally get this. I had a surprise party thrown for me on my 21st Birthday. It was the exact opposite of how I wanted to spend my time.

But I get the gesture.

Cute way to finish up the Christmas reads for the year.
Ami

Holden's attempts for Gage's birthday party surprise and the need to keep it a secret is amusing. The (view spoiler) is thrilling. Good freebie short :). Now when will the author drags Frankie to Sawyer's Ferry?!?
haletostilinski
A cute holiday story with Gage and Holden from book one in which Holden plans a birthday party for Gage whose birthday is on the 23rd, just two days before Christmas, so it usually gets lost in that celebration.

It was nice to see these two together again, they just work so well together. My only real complaint is that how most of the short story was the build up to this party that Holden so thoughtfully planned out and everything and didn't even get to happen. Like why introduce it if we don't g
Sol ~ TheBookishKing
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtqiap, smut, romance
Wow - a book that wasn’t bad for once 💁🏽♂ ...more
Ayla
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: holiday, shorts
Cute! Loved getting a little extra Gage and Holden.
Gabriella (Gabi)
FREE 24/12/2018: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/jbjlpuvxcc

Having your birthday just before Christmas sucks.
Didi
A mixed of wacky fun and intense all-in-a-doctor-in-remote-area-daily-life, with a dash of smexy time, “Whisky Christmas” is the highlight of “Sawyer’s Ferry” series so far. Highly entertaining with a witty exchanges Holden had and his poor attempt at covering his sneaking to Gage. <3
Shelley Chastagner
Dec 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I haven't read any of the Sawyer's Ferry series, but now I've added them to my TBR list. Whisky Christmas stood well on its own. Holden just wants to give Gage a birthday not overwhelmed by Christmas. I liked how everyone was so willing to jump in and help make it special. You can just feel how much Gage is loved by everyone. I liked that Holden realizes that in his frenzy to get everything perfect, he's been neglecting Gage. Both guys really show what true heroes they are at the end.
Jenn (not Lily)
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: winter-read
Lovely -- plans don't always work out when you're in emergency medicine...
Kazza
Dec 24, 2018 marked it as to-read
I love this pair. Some extra Holden and Gage? Yes.
Jenny Wood
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this place!

Gage and Frankie are planning Holden a surprise birthday party.
Since his birthday gets lost in the chaos of Christmas every year, he's determined to make it memorable.
Frankie, of course, is crazy and I just love his smart mouth...
This is a super short read and things don't go quite as the guys planned it to
but, it's sweet and I love any little bits I can get of them.
On to the next one!
Violet  Marshall
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is book 2.5 in The Sawyer's Ferry Series. What an sensational book the writing good. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters wonderful. The characters were developed and thought out. Gage and Holden are the MC’s of this book. There was humor, a party, planning, an accident, surgery, friends and so more in this book. I can recommend this book as a good read. I voluntarily read an advance copy of this book for an honest review.
Tam
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas-story, m-m
I have to admit I haven't read any of this series, but enough is explained for you to enjoy this for what it is, a guy trying to surprise his boyfriend for his birthday. It doesn't help that they work together so the machinations are hard to hide. Cute and fans of the series will likely enjoy it a great deal.
Sheri
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a delightful treat!
Short story in which Holden is attempting to have a surprise party for Gabe. Birthday's around the holiday's can be challenging. Holden wants Gabe to have a day to celebrate him.
Of course, things don't go quite as planned.
Super cute, a bit of sweet, with a dash of spice.
Love this series and can't wait for the next book!
Thanks for the taste Cate.
Wax
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, own-have
It was fun to revisit Sawyer's Ferry with Holden and Gage (from Alaska). There is also a cameo by Logan from Bishop Ridge.
Apolishedreader
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Short story catching up with Holden and Gage. There isn't much here. If you skip it you won't be missing anything. Just a little slice of their happy life nearing Christmas, no conflict and no set up for any other characters.
Katherine
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet surprise party story with a good little twist. Always lovely to see Holden and Gage, from the amusing attempts to lie to hide the party to the continued heated chemistry between them. Good reminder of our Frankie before he pops up in his own book!
Zane Kage
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4
Loved catching up with Holden and Gage. The blurb says it all; this was a sweet and sexy story, a great interlude between books. Would love one of these for Logan and Jackson...and how about an HEA for Frankie? Love this series and can't wait for more.

***Received ARC for honest review.***
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the sweetest 20 minute read, with a glimpse into Prescott and Gage's life.
Sumire
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5stars
3.5 ⭐

perfect Holden and Gage holiday story!
But I want more now!

Frankie, maybe?

and Logan and Jackson short story please. . .
Sadonna
Jan 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute Christmas story of Gage and Holden :)
Anita
Such a sweet and sexy little book in this series. Holden and Gage are such three dimensional characters and this book just continues to highlight my love of these guys. It's clear that they love each other and just complete each other. More, please!!
Natalie
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars. Quick cute story of Gage’s birthday.
Kirstin
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute little addition to Gage and Holdens story.
Grace
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: smut, gay-themes
Nice, free read. Fun to see the characters again. Nothing especially special, but a fun little bonus.
Lala Albert
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was really nice to read about Gage and Holden again. They are very sweet together. Enjoyable Christmas/Birthyday short story.
Heidi
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Cate discovered her love for books of all kinds early on, but romance is where her heart truly lies. She is addicted to the happily ever afters and the journey the characters take to get there. Currently residing in White Rock, B.C, Cate loves living just a stone's throw from the ocean. When she's not writing, she can be found consuming coffee at an alarming rate while wrangling her children, her ...more

Sawyer's Ferry (6 books)
  • Alaska  (Sawyer's Ferry, #1)
  • Laguna (Sawyer's Ferry #1.5)
  • Bishop Ridge (Sawyer's Ferry, #2)
  • Copper Creek (Sawyer's Ferry #3)
  • Close to Home (Sawyer's Ferry #4)