Start by marking “Kiss Me, Your Grace (Cherrill Family #1)” as Want to Read:
Kiss Me, Your Grace (Cherrill Family #1)

Kiss Me, Your Grace

(Cherrill Family #1)

Kind-hearted Margaret Haselden takes in a stray dog found rummaging through her rubbish bins—yet the scrappy little terrier may prove more than she can handle.

When the prized bulldog of the Duke of St. Lawrence is set upon by a mangy cur, His Grace is outraged, but a compassionate beauty at the end of her tether pleads his forgiveness.

Soon, Edward finds himself looking for
Kindle Edition
Published February 7th 2019 by Fifty Forty Productions

To ask other readers questions about Kiss Me, Your Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss Me, Your Grace

Start your review of Kiss Me, Your Grace (Cherrill Family #1)
Elodie
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I discovered this author thanks to a newsletter sharing new release, the blurb caught me because of the rescued dog involved in.
And even if it was a short story with no drama nor angst, I do loved this book about an unconventional wooing between persons of two different standings.
Margaret Haselden is a well educated miss but she does not navigate in the same circle as the nobility, as an orphaned daughter of missionaries, she was lucky to have been adopted by a Gentleman doctor and his wife. So
Lori D
What a charming story that had me smiling and laughing in the first chapter! Margaret kept hearing something every night outside her window and thought they were rummaging in the trash and slinking around the house. Set to confront whoever it was, she finds instead a little terrior dog and brings him in. She names him Clover and he is very unrully! Let the fun begin!
Edward Cherrill, the Duke of St Lawrence loves his prize bulldog Tiger. Walking him in the park early one morning, this little terr
Carole Burant
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely delightful story which includes a duke, an orphan miss, a stray scrappy terrier and a prized bulldog!! Put all 4 together and you get such a refreshing story with lots of humor and love. I'm more of a cat person but I must admit these two dogs, Clover and Tiger, pulled at my heartstrings!

Edward Cherrill, The Duke Of St Lawrence, encounters Margaret Haselden in a park in a very unusual way....her terrier attacks his bulldog! Before long they become friends and start walking their do
Ramona Harris
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Margaret Haselden decided there was a prowler lurking outside her home after three nights She Informed Her Uncle Chas who sent her coachman to investigate no one found anything. Margaret knew that there was somebody there and her and her maid thought of a way to discover who it was, the maid didn't like the idea though. Margaret snuck out of the house she was going to confront the prowler; someone had been rummaging in the garbage bends she called for him to come out no one answered. She called ...more
Jamie Jack
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-2019, victorian
Margaret, an orphan, rescues a stray dog. When she takes this dog for a walk, it attacks another dog. The owner of that one is not too pleased and gives Margaret a hard time about the dog itself and its manners. Soon, Margaret and the man, Edward, the Duke of St. Lawrence, start meeting and walking their dogs together. Over time, a friendship develops, and the duke begins to fall for the young woman.

I loved Edward’s character. At first, he's a challenging and prickly sort of fellow, a man who is
Brenda
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Soon, Edward finds himself looking forward to early morning walks and easy company at Margaret’s side. Can the head of the illustrious Cherrill family choose love
Infosleuth
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An original dog lovers historical romance

I absolutely loved this book! Some scenes were very funny as Margaret finds a stray dog and wants to keep him. He isn’t exactly well behaved though and she has no experience with pets. They run into the Duke of St. Lawrence and his prize bulldog at the park the next day and things do not go well. As time passes, the two keep meeting at dog walking time. They come from different classes though, they can never be more than friends, can they?

This is the fir
Anonymous 5
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Jeleyne is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. I can always count on sweet, feel good books from her. Kiss Me, Your Grace definitely falls under that category. It is a lighthearted, charming book that kept me smiling throughout the whole story. The humorous and witty banter between Margaret and Edward made it all the more fun to read. Both characters were delightful and had such great personalities. Ms. Jeleyne's descriptions were so vivid I could clearly picture each scene in my mind. ...more
Ingrid Vermeulen-Quakernaat
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Margaret came to England as an orphan where she grew up as the daughter of a doctor and a lady. She has learned to appreciate the small things in life and to appreciate the goodness of others. If she finds a stray dog, she decides to keep it and give it a good home. However, the next day, her dog attacks another dog. The owner of that dog is the Duke of St Lawrence. He falls for her attitude, her straightforward opinion and enjoys that she does not realize who he is.
They meet each other every da
sherri jones-teachout
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Duke and an orphan. Beautiful, funny love story. Margaret is the ward of a doctor and his lady wife who save her when her missionary parents died in India from illness. They became her guardians and have loved her since she was nine years old. Now twenty, Margaret is happy to live with them and they have not forced to find someone to marry. But when she takes in a scraggly homeless terrier and it bites a duke’s beloved dog on their first walk in the park, she meets someone whom she could love. ...more
Amy
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes I like to just escape the world and romance books are the perfect choice. How refreshing this one was in that I would say it has three heroes and one heroine. The Duke of course, but his dog Tiger and her dog Clover. Their dogs played a big part in this book as that is not only how they meet, but they get to know each other by meeting each day and walking their dogs in the park for an hour.

It was a gentle, easy to love book. I have to admit it was kind of nice not to have any angst, ki
Sandy
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This one is so cute.
This one is so cute I loved Margaret this character has a heart of gold. Then there is pup a little dog that attacked a bigger dog that just happens to belong to a duke and is a prize winner. I bet you can see where this leads. Edward, of course, is a bit of a stick in the mud but then things change for him. This book is like the pup it grabs hold of you and will not let go but trust me you will enjoy yourself. High praise for this delightful tale I did receive a free copy of
Anita Fuhrmann
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
What's not to love when two people from different worlds are brought together by the love for their dogs! It is a meet-cute regency style! I have read several books now by Allyson Jeleyne and I think this one has become my favorite. It was refreshing to read a book where two people meet, get to know each other and find a HEA. No big secret needing to be revealed or danger and drama from outside sources lurking behind the scenes, just a beautiful love story!! Thank you, Ms. Jeleyne for that!

I rec
Holly Lenz
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kiss Me, Your Grace is a sweet period romance about a girl who adopts a stray dog and a Duke with his own pet. The story is a pleasant one, but it drags at the end.

Most of the book is pretty clean, but there is a mild sex scene at the end. If you are concerned about that, you can stop reading as soon as the couple marry and you won’t miss much.

The narrator is well suited to the book and does a nice job bringing it to life.

I received a complimentary copy of this audiobook. This is my honest and
Sheila
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely sweet book about Margaret who is orphaned but taken in by a doctor and his wife and Edward the Duke of St. Lawrence and how they meet while walking their dogs and struck up a friendship. Margaret is grateful for the life she has but Edward follows all the rules but has his feelings for Margaret grow he is conflicted because he knows he shouldn't go outside the nobility for a wife but she's all he wants.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving
Mary
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always on the lookout for a great historical romance story, I found my answer in new-to-me author Allyson Jeleyne. Her words draw a picture in your mind and put you front and center into the action. Whether walking a dog or having tea, you are right there with Margaret and Edward. Was so involved in this story, you feel the warmth and excitement of a sweet, first love blossoming and fell in love myself!

I will certainly be reading any and all books written by Ms. Jeleyne from now on!

I received a
Sharon
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet charming story by an author I haven’t read before. This is a fairly quick read and the steady pace, wonderfully developed characters and well written plot seemed to make the time fly by and I had finished the book in no time at all. There is some humor and 2 adorable dogs in this period romance.
Jayne Butcher
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Delightful! This is an enchanting tale about two strong, honorable people who find what they always hoped for, but never believed they could have. It evolves beautifully and is a pleasure to read. This is the first book in a series followed by Marry Me, My Lady. Both are enjoyable and refreshing stories.

Missy Caesar
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read all the books by this author. This is sweeter than the others, just one love scene, but it was perfect for the characters and the story. I do not think Margaret and The Duke would have gotten into bed before their wedding night ;) I know that all the other Cherrill brothers and sisters will get stories. I can not wait for the next one, Douglas's book sounds good.
kate
Jun 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Nice couple but the story lacked .... a story. Plus I absolutely love dogs and understand the couple's bond with their pets. However I wish a little of their concern for animals had been spread around to include hungry and abused children. A soft 3. Definitely overpriced.
Barbara
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The first book in the Cherrill Family series a well written story that kept me smiling as I read. I also found myself laughing at somethings that happened. Margaret Haselden and Edward the Duke of St. Lawrence's story. I want to read the next book in this series.
Liz
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Historical romance. Can two dogs help their owners find love or only heartbreak. A duke and an orphan miss

Kerry Orchard
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read!

I absolutely loved this book! It is a real page turner! I loved the story and all the characters. I can’t wait to read the next one!
Tom Prejsner
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Romance

Thank you for sharing these wonderful romance novels series books. Please keep writing more of these wonderful books. Thank you
Rainelle
Feb 25, 2020 rated it liked it
The book was a light read. A sweet book. Although a one time read from me. Hopefully the writer will progress in writing as they continue their writing career.
Betsi J. Cox
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were fun, it's a well written story. I look forward to upcoming books in this series.
Keith Orr
Jul 28, 2019
Ethyl Freeman
Jun 24, 2020
Tanda D Pena
Feb 08, 2019
jenny constant
Jun 05, 2020

• Fangs For All (The Vampire Detective, #3)
  • Her Seafaring Scoundrel (The Crawfords, #3)
  • A Lady's Revenge (When The Blood Is Up Book 1)
  • The Lady is Trouble (League of Lords, #1)
  • Forgotten Gods: The Complete Series
  • Dragon's Second Chance (Elite Shifters of Colorado Book 2)
  • A Spinster at the Highland Court (The Highland Ladies, #1)
  • Married to the Earl (The Wallflower Brides #3)
  • Widow's Treasure: The Marriage Maker and the Widows Book Three
  • Scandal Meets Love Volume One
  • A Forbidden Gamble for the Duke’s Heart
  • In Search of Love (Convenient Arrangements, #2)
  • A Broken Betrothal (Convenient Arrangements, #1)
  • Warrior's Wrath (The Pict Wars, #3)
  • Date and Dash (Better Date than Never #10)
  • Lords and Secrets: Regency Romance (Ladies, Love, and Mysteries Book 5)
  • What Happens in the Castle (What Happens series, #3)
  • Feline the Flames (The Firehouse Feline, #2)
Allyson Jeleyne is a writer of bold, passionate historical romance featuring kind heroes, complex heroines, and steamy love. Her characters are adventurers, homemakers, prostitutes, peeresses, and, most importantly, survivors.

She earned an interdisciplinary studies degree in Creative Writing and Journalism while also studying British history & literature in her spare time. When not writing, she en

Cherrill Family (3 books)
  • Marry Me, My Lady (Cherrill Family Book 2)
  • Seduce Me, Sir (Cherrill Family #3)