Jump to ratings and reviews

Dog Club Mystery #3

Bark If It’s Murder

Lilly Echosby just witnessed a murder on a pet cam. Or did she?

When a last-minute opportunity arises to accompany her boss to an art auction in Atlanta, Lilly throws some money at the problem of where to board her toy poodle Aggie (short for Agatha Christie). Posh Pet Haven offers the most luxurious canine accommodations in all of Chattanooga, Tennessee. The place even provides pet cams so anxious owners can check in on their pampered pooches.

164 pages, Kindle Edition

V.M. Burns

17 books988 followers
V.M. Burns was born in Northwestern Indiana and spent many years in
Southwestern Michigan on the Lake Michigan shoreline. She is a lover of dogs,
British historic cozies, and scones with clotted cream. After many years in the
Midwest she went in search of milder winters and currently lives in Northern Georgia with her poodles. Her debut novel, The Plot is Murder was nominated for a 2017 Agatha Award for Best First Novel. Her short story, "The Vermeer Conspiracy" was nominated for an Edgar Award in 2022. Valerie is a member of Mystery Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, Crime Writers Association, and Sisters in Crime. Readers can learn more by visiting her website at vmburns.com.

Contact Info: author@vmburns.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
14 (3%)
1 star
3 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 87 reviews
Profile Image for LORI CASWELL.
2,352 reviews268 followers
September 8, 2019
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Lilly Echosby has been enjoying her temporary accounting job at the art museum. She jumps at the chance to go with her boss to Atlanta for an art auction. She just needs to find someone to care for Aggie, her toy poodle. After a friend recommends Pet Haven Lilly decides to give the place a try. On arrival, she sees it is an elite pet care facility with themed rooms and pet cams that can be accessed by the pet’s families.

Relaxing in her hotel room, almost as nice as Aggie’s accommodations, Lily decides to check up on her pooch. Instead what she sees is something that looks like murder. She places a call to “Red” Olson, a Tennessee Bureau of Investigations Officer, a man she has been spending quite a bit of time with, to report what she saw. When he arrives at her hotel the next morning he informs her there was no body or evidence that anything bad had happened at the post pet hotel. She can’t believe it. With her boss’ blessing, she returns to Chattanooga to find the truth. Offering her accounting services she goes undercover to do just that.

This was an extremely fast read, more novella length than a full-length mystery and Ms. Burns packs those pages full. In addition to the murder, Lilly’s son, David, the actor comes to visit, her daughter’s boyfriend also drops in for a day, Aggie continues her puppy training, Lilly volunteers at a dog show for the job no one really wants, her co-worker Jacob is suffering from a broken ankle and is at his mom’s mercy, and Lilly is finally moving out of the residential hotel and into a home of her own.

I really enjoyed this story. As always the characters are well developed and pulled me right into the story. The friendship between Dixie and Lilly continues to shine. We meet some new characters this time and get to know some recurring characters better. I was very happy to have Lilly’s son come to town. It is great that we have now got to know both her children. Of course, the canine characters always steal my heart.

The author blends the mystery with all the happenings in Lilly’s daily life very well and Lilly’s life is very complicated even before you throw a probable murder into the mix. Thankfully she is a strong independent woman and knows just who to call for help when needed. For me, part of the whodunit was clear very early, but as the story continued to play out there was a huge twist I didn’t see coming. Excellently played Ms. Burns!

Bark If It’s Murder is a great addition to this series. V.M. Burns gives readers a page-turning mystery full of wonderful characters, humor, Southern charm, and just a little bit of romance. I highly recommend the entire series and can’t wait for the next installment.
Profile Image for Chatting About Cozies.
1,118 reviews48 followers
July 22, 2019
Lily Echosby is enjoying her move to Chattanooga, TN and her job as temporary accountant at the Museum of Art. When said job requires she travel out of town overnight, Lilly boards her precious toy poodle, Aggie, at the posh doggie day care center, Pet Haven Pet Resort, owned by Keri Lynn and Dallas Simpson. One special amenity offered by Pet Haven is online access to a videocam by which Lilly can personally check on live views of Aggie. She never expects to witness a murder then have no one believe her because of lack of evidence.

Author V.M. Burns sizzles with her latest foray in the popular Dog Club Mysteries. The killer is cagey and able to hide for a while. I paid close attention and caught on to many of the clues, yet the complete reveal of the master plan was very satisfying. I enjoy the cast of recurring characters; especially Dixie. I highly recommend this novel and the previous 2 stories in this cozy series.

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and Kensington. Thank you.
Profile Image for Betty.
2,006 reviews50 followers
July 9, 2019
The 3rd book of the Dog Club Mysteries Lilly Echosby will encounter dog shows, Doggy Day Care, Pet Cam, luxurious dog kennel, identify theft, art auctions, trust issues, and romance.
Lilly and Aggie, her toy poodle are living in a hotel and looking for a house to buy. Her employer offers a chance for Lilly to go with her to an art auction. Lilly boards Aggie at Posh Pet Haven which provides a Pet Cam for owners to see the furbabies while they are traveling. Lilly opens her Pet Cam and sees Aggie and MURDER at the kennel. What are Lilly's options? Who was murdered? I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK AND SERIES.

Disclosure: to Lyrical Underground for a copy through NetGalley. The opinions expressed are my own.
Profile Image for Miss W Book Reviews.
1,108 reviews87 followers
August 21, 2019
Bark If It's Murder is Book 3 in the Dog Club Mystery Series. I LOVE this series! This is a stand alone, but I think you will have more reading enjoyment if you read them all.

I love Lilly and Aggie. I totally loved the plot. Witnessing a murder through a pet cam! I just got a pet cam for my kitties and this was a clever and creative plot.

I love the characters and the mystery was great. I had no clue who had done it.

The author has a fantastic ability for bringing the page to life. I will look forward to the next book in this fun Dog Club Series!
Profile Image for JoAn.
2,047 reviews1 follower
June 29, 2019
Bark If It's Murder by V.M. Burns was a great addition to this cozy series. I confess I love this series and never miss a chance to read Ms. Burns' books.

Lilly is adjusting to her new home in Tennessee and loves her temporary accounting position, being close to her best friend, Dixie, and her poodle Aggie. In this book we get to know her son, David, better as he comes to visit while on a forced hiatus from his acting role due to plumbing issues in the theater. Ms. Burns is a master at developing her characters and I find each one of them to be likable and real and would love to meet them, especially Dixie. A plot that twisted and turned with a limited cast of suspects and very few clues kept me turning the pages.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Lyrical Underground via NetGalley. All of the above opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Meg.
222 reviews1 follower
June 22, 2019
Lilly Echo by has moved out of the home she was renting and is currently residing in a hotel with her miniature poodle, Aggie (named for her favorite author Agatha Christie}. Dixie, Lilly’s best friend, has persuaded her dog obedience class to help at a dog show where she is judging the Poodle category. Lilly and her classmates are dismayed when they find out they are on the “clean-up” team. Thankfully they get breaks where they can wander around the event. While doing so, she and Monica Jill come across the Pet Haven Resort and Spa tent. Since Monica Jill takes her dog Jac to the resort, she introduces Lilly to the owner, who explains how the posh resort caters to an elite cliental. When Lilly gets a phone call the next morning from her boss asking her to take a last-minute trip to an art auction, she is ecstatic! Reality sets in when she realizes she has no one to care for Aggie while she is gone. After talking Dixie to assist her in speaking with the owners of Pet Haven, she decides to place Aggie at the high-tech resort.

The next day as Lilly drops Aggie off, she is given a complete tour along with the information to their website. Lilly can check on Aggie twenty-four hours a day to see what she is up to. Feeling relieved, off she goes for her trip. Later that night as Lilly checks on Aggie, who is happily asleep in her private kennel, there is a computer glitch during a storm and the camera changes from Aggie to a worker hosing out the dog runs. As she is watching, the woman is suddenly grabbed from behind and murdered!

How is Lilly going to convince the others what she saw really happened? Once again, Lilly is caught up in a murder mystery. With the help of her friends, and her son David who comes to visit, will she be able to catch the killer before she ends up like the chopped liver used in training!

Once again, this enjoyable story does not disappoint! The characters are delightful, and their determination to help find the killer impressive. I found it very easy to relate to Lilly and her adjustment to her new state of Tennessee. Ms. Burns weaves humor, twists and turns throughout the story to keep you guessing until the killer is revealed. Just the right combination for a cozy mystery! Thank you to #NetGalley and #Kensington for giving me the opportunity to review this book.
Profile Image for Fred.
942 reviews38 followers
September 10, 2019
Bark If It’s Murder is the third book in the Dog Club Mystery series.

Lilly Echosby is settling in well after her move to Chattanooga, Tenn. Lilly volunteers at a dog expo that the Eastern Tennessee Dog Club is sponsoring and stops by the tent for the Pet Haven Resort and Doggie Day Care and is rather surprised by the luxurious appointments that are offered for the pets. When her boss, Linda Kay, invites her at the last moment to join her and her husband for a trip to antique auction in Atlanta, she has to find someplace for her poodle, Aggie. Since she doesn’t have time to search out a kennel she decides to board her at Pet Haven. That evening she decides to take advantage of the pet cameras that are in each pets room to see how Aggie is doing. When the connection is made what Lilly sees in not her Aggie, but the killing of who she believes is the owner, Keri Lynn Simpson. She immediately calls “Red” Olson with the Tennessee Bureau Of Investigation. Olson heads for Pet Haven and soon finds that there is nobody, no evidence that anyone was killed Dallas Simpson claims that his wife is out of town visiting relatives. Lilly’s sleuthing begins to put a strain on her relationship with Olson. So Lilly decides she needs to go to work for Pet Haven and helping with the accounting. With the help of her son David, who is in town on a break from his career, they set off to find who was killed.

I love this series. The book is well-written and plotted and has plenty of red herrings to keep you guessing until the end. The book also has a cast of well-developed and believable characters. I’m sure they would all be best friends of mine.

This is a wonderful series for pet owners as it touches lightly on dog clubs and dog training.

I’m anxiously awaiting the next book in this wonderful series.
Profile Image for Jessica Robbins.
2,589 reviews39 followers
September 8, 2019

I so love this series!! This one just makes it even better in my opinion. We catch back up with Lilly as she is surprised with a work trip that will make it necessary to board sweet little Aggi. A new doggy daycare/spa has come to the area becoming all the rage in a short amount time. After hearing about it a lot and talking to the owners at a dog show she decides to place Aggi there. A perk is it comes with a live webcam feed that let's you check on your pet when you want to but when Lilly looks it goes a little wonky flitting through feeds until she essentially watches a murder happen. Well of course she call her law enforcement boyfriend to check it out but absolutely nothing is found anywhere. This leads to an interesting investigation into what seems like nothing until other things start popping up as well. Full of fascinating details that will keep you guessing about what is going on all mixed up with some of the most fun dogs ever throughout the whole book. The balance of all the parts is just superb making for a fantastic read that is perfect for cozy animal lovers. I totally loved it so I give it 5/5 stars.
Profile Image for Heidi Burkhart.
1,967 reviews28 followers
September 6, 2020
Burns is a new author for me. I couldn’t resist the cover, which had an adorable Westie in it. As I enjoy mysteries I decided to give it a try. The story was entertaining and kept my interest. I will look forward to reading more of the author’s books.
Profile Image for Lis Carey.
2,135 reviews92 followers
February 11, 2022
A fun mystery with dogs

This is a mystery where the amateur sleuths actually avoids doing anything pointlessly dangerous. Also, the dogs, large and small, are treated like real, normal dogs, and not stereotyped based on either size or breed by the author. That's a nice change, after some books with dogs I've read lately.

Lilly Ann Echosby has moved from Indiana to Tennessee. Her husband was murdered. These events were covered in the two previous books that I haven't read, but I had little difficulty picking up the essentials to follow the story. Lilly is a CPA, currently working at a museum in Chattanooga, getting them ready for tax time. She also owns a six-pound toy poodle named Aggie, whom the author, quite amazingly in my recent experience, depicts as a real, normal dog. Lilly and Aggie are even taking obedience classes--which is where Lilly has met most of her local friends.

When Lilly takes a trip to Atlanta with the museum head, she boards Aggie at a luxury pet facility, which, a big selling point for Lilly, has pet cams enabling the pet owners to check in on their pets whenever they wish. It's very reassuring for Lilly--right up until her late afternoon check-in from Atlanta, when there's a major electrical storm in Chattanooga. She loses the camera in Aggie's room, and after a moment is connected to a camera in another part of the facility. While watching that camera, briefly, she sees what appears to be a man strangling a woman. The man appears to be the male half of the couple who own the facility, and the woman appears to be the female half of the couple.

Lilly calls her maybe-boyfriend, who is a detective with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. The local police are contacted, and investigation quickly reveals that the man was out of state, the woman is now out of state at a dog show, and nobody has been reported missing. Another employee, one Lilly had observed to be strangely familiar with her male boss, has seemingly quit abruptly.

What's going on?

What follows is a tricky investigation, with Lilly, but not the police, convinced that something is seriously wrong. She does, impressively for an amateur sleuth in a cozy mystery, avoid doing anything crazy dangerous. All there are mentions of Aggie having risked her life trying to protect her owner in a past adventure, she doesn't have to repeat that in this book.

And, oh, real dogs, and real dog owners, some of them even what I'd call real dog people. Real dogs of all sizes, and a total of three poodles. (The other two are standards.)

It's not a perfect book, but I really enjoyed it.

I bought this book.
Profile Image for Jerri Cachero.
574 reviews49 followers
June 21, 2019
Another fantastic book in the Dog Club series! Lily is on the trail of a murderer but first, she has to find the body!

When Lily boards Aggie in a posh pet care facility, she never dreams she'll be on the trail of a murderer. A doggie cam let's nervous owners see their pets, in the luxury surroundings and while Lily's watching the lovable Aggie, the camera switches to a terrifying sight - a murder in progress. When Lily sounds the alarm and Red investigates, there's no body, no clues and no murder. Lily is determined to prove she isn't mistaken.

I enjoyed the mystery (I guessed wrong on "whodunit"), the developing relationship with Red, the growing friendship of Lily and her boss and co-worker and the discussions on art. David (Lily's son) is visiting and helps her as well as Joe (daughter Stephanie's boyfriend) and his canine law enforcement partner, Turbo. Of course, the Aggie "action" was adorable and the Dog Club members are back, lending a hand in the investigation.

V.M. Burns has a writing style that makes the characters "come to life" and her rich descriptions of the setting in Tennessee make you feel like you're right there solving the mystery with Lily!

I'm looking forward to the next book!

I received an ARC from NetGalley for a fair and honest review of this book.
Profile Image for RO G'ma.
1,001 reviews35 followers
August 21, 2019
Bark If It’s Murder is the third book in V. M. Burns’ A Dog Club Mystery series. The storyline is well-plotted, and the well-developed characters are affable. The story flows at a steady pace, with humorous moments and an interesting mystery with enough twists and red herrings to keep the reader engaged and guessing.

Deciding to make a fresh start after the death of her husband, Albert, Lilly Ann Echosby and her toy poodle, Aggie, moved from Lighthouse Dunes, Indiana to Chattanooga, Tennessee, where her best friend since college, Scarlett “Dixie” Jefferson, a dog trainer and dog show judge, lives with her husband, Beau, and two champion standard poodles. Lilly has two adult children, Stephanie, a lawyer in Chicago who is dating Joe Harrison, a K-9 handler, and David, an actor who has been on tour in Europe but has made a surprise visit home. Lilly’s been staying in an extended-stay hotel, but finally found a house that met all her criteria and is renting it until her mortgage is approved. Lilly has been spending time with Dennis “Red” Olson, a Tennessee Bureau of Investigations Officer. Lilly works in a temporary accounting position at the Chattanooga Museum of Art and has finally unraveled the mess the previous financial manager created. Linda Kay Weyman, the executive director museum invites Lilly to attend an art auction with her in Atlanta after her assistant, Jacob Flemings, hurts his foot. Lilly leaves Aggie in the care of a posh doggie spa, Pet Haven Pet Resort and Doggie Day Care, owned by Keri Lynn and Dallas Simpson, while she’s out of town. The doggy spa has a live video cam she can access to watch Aggie, and while doing so, she is convinced she saw Dallas murder his wife. Dallas insists that Keri Lynn is still alive and that she’s away on a family emergency. With no body found, photographic evidence she’s alive, and the video lost during a storm, the police doubt a murder occurred, so Lilly and her friends investigate on their own.

I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley and voluntarily reviewed it.
Profile Image for Mary Brown.
1,199 reviews46 followers
September 1, 2019
Bark If It’s Murder
Dog Club Mystery, Book #3
V. M. Burns
5 Stars

Synopsis:

Lilly Echosby just witnessed a murder on a pet cam. Or did she?

But when Lilly tries to take a peek at her poodle, she gets a terrible shock—she witnesses what she’s sure is a murder. She thinks the victim may be the wealthy co-owner of Pet Haven. The police follow her lead but find no body, no evidence of a crime, and no video record. Starting to feel like the dog owner who cried wolf, Lilly decides to go undercover to catch a killer who may be hiding in plain sight … (Goodreads)

Review:

The writing style flows smoothly and it defines the characters very clearly by their actions and words. The author is very talented in her descriptive writing and these descriptions pulled me into the story from the very beginning and took me on a great adventure.

The characters are well rounded and well developed. Lilly and Dixie are two of my favorite friendships in all of cozy books that I read. You can tell how much they love each other and would do anything for each other. Some of their interactions had me laughing out loud. And all of the animals are just the icing on the cake for me.

The mystery was well plotted and had enough clues to sift through and suspects to consider. There was enough intrigue to keep me engaged and the mystery was not easily solved. That’s my kind of mystery.

I would highly recommend this book, and series, to anyone who enjoys a well crafted cozy mystery. Do yourself a favor and grab this book, you will enjoy it.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, Kensington Books, and NetGalley, which I greatly appreciate.

Profile Image for Susan.
1,463 reviews11 followers
August 22, 2019
From the first book in this series I have loved this series. Three books (so far) and every single one is a winner. Full disclosure - I grew up with poodles and I adore them. So that was the hook that got my attention right out of the gate. The humans are winners, too. Lilly and her BFF Dixie are very well developed and are women I would like to know. Lilly has a sweet toy poodle named Aggie and Dixie trains standard poodles. Now Lilly is in the process of buying a house in Chattanooga, TN, starting a new life chapter after the death of her no good husband in book one and making her first move in book two. She is putting down roots and works part time as a CPA for a local museum. She even has some romance in her new life. Life is good if she can just stop getting involved with homicides.
Lilly's boss asks her to travel with her to Atlanta and Lilly decides to board Aggie at a posh doggie spa. She gets more than she bargained for when she decides to look in on her pup via the puppy webcam offered to all human parents of the boarded pups. When she does, she is certain she has witnessed the murder, on camera, of one of the spa owners at the hands of her husband. Not one to just sit there and wonder, Lilly contacts her boyfriend who works for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. Upon further investigating there is no body and the co-owner of the spa says his wife is fine and out of town. Nothing to worry about. So no body and no identity of the murdered woman. No way will that stop Lilly and Dixie from snooping.
This entry can easily be read as a stand alone but I would encourage anyone new to this series to line up all three and binge read them. They are that good, full of twists, turns and enough red herrings to have you guessing wrong as to who done it. I'm ready for book #4.
My thanks to the publisher, Lyrical Press and to NetGalley for giving me an advance copy in exchange for my honest review.
Profile Image for Tari.
2,063 reviews67 followers
August 28, 2019
I just love this series and even though it might sound corny to say that each book is even better than the last, it's true. Lilly and her friend Dixie are two people who I would absolutely enjoy having as friends. Either one of them would do anything for their family or friends, and as Lilly always shows when she investigates, she likes to help even those people that she doesn't know well. I liked the new character of BJ too, she was such fun and what a hoot! A great addition to the dog club! I laughed so much in the very beginning of the book when Lilly and her dog club were volunteering at a dog show and got put on pooper scooper detail. Their reactions and the descriptions were so funny! A good non-mystery side story was about Lilly's co-worker Jacob being home with a broken ankle and being coddled to death by his mom. He really wanted out of there lol.

This was a great mystery with a nice twist to it that as always, Lilly figured out. I didn't really know the whole story until Lilly put it together, but all along there were some things I had doubts about. I like the good place where Lilly and Red are in their relationship. He might even end up with a new canine friend. I'll be anxiously waiting for the next book.
Profile Image for Patty.
1,553 reviews1 follower
August 27, 2019
Bark If It's Murder by V. M. Burns is the 3rd book in the Dog Club Mystery, and another wonderful addition. I have enjoyed this author's Mystery Bookshop series, and the other books in Dog Club Mystery series. Ms. Burns is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Lilly Echosby move to Florida after her husband left her. Lilly's has a toy poodle is named Agatha Christie, and she can be a handful. Good thing Lilly best friend, Dixie, trains dogs. Lilly has an opportunity to go to an art action in Atlanta, so she boards Lilly at Posh Pet Haven, very luxurious. While watching Aggie on a camfrom her hotel room, she sees at women killed at the Pet Haven. When police show up, there is no indication of a murder. There is so much going on in this book, between her friends, her work place, her boyfriend, and the murder, you just can't be bored by this book. I found this book to be a quick read, with a well developed plot and characters. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. If you love cozy and fun mysteries, I strongly recommend this book/ and the series.

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and Kensington Publishing. Thank you.
Profile Image for Karen.
648 reviews2 followers
July 30, 2019
This third book in the series is by far my favourite!
A first rate mystery that kept me entertained and guessing (incorrectly!). The story was well written and engaging from start to finish.
The characters are really enjoyable and I look forward to reading the next in the series!
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of the book.
1,262 reviews5 followers
July 14, 2019
This was a fun and informative book. I learned a lot about dog shows that I didn't know and I loved the characters in the book. In this book it touches on dogs, romance and murder. It is action packed from the beginning and keeps you on the edge of your seat through the whole book.

It is centered around a place called Pet Haven where you can take your dogs for a mani/pedicure, a massage and board them while you are away on business. They also have a web cam that you can see your dogs and what they are doing while they are out of your sight. Seems like an awesome place to leave your pet but it has an awesome price tag as well.

A really nice book to curl up on the couch with, keeps you entertained and you feel like part of the gang. Helping to solve the murder.
Profile Image for Marylou Willis.
51 reviews2 followers
July 18, 2019
I am so happy I found this series. I was blessed to have won a copy of the newest book from Goodreads. I love the characters and the mystery was good. I highly recommend this book and the other two in the series.
Profile Image for Polly.
1,550 reviews3 followers
January 4, 2021
This is my favorite so far. Lilly is settling in well and it's nice getting to know her and the other characters as the series progresses.
Profile Image for Jill.
747 reviews9 followers
July 10, 2019
5 stars
Bark If Its Murder is the newest book in the Dog Club mystery series by V.M. Burns. I was drawn in from the very first page. Burns knows how to write stories and characters that are easy to fall in love with, root for or hate! I was thoroughly amused by the antics of those trying to figure out who was murdered and who did it. I was so sure I had figured it all out and I was so wrong. I love it when an author writes a mystery that keeps me guessing until the very end.
I so highly recommend this book and I truly hope there will be more in this series. This is an exceptionally clean and cozy murder that can be read in order or as a stand-alone without missing back story.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley. The views given are my own. #BarkIfItsMurder #NetGalley
27 reviews1 follower
November 30, 2019
Quick Read

Believable characters, interesting twist and turns. Read it all in the same day. Can’t wait for the next book in the series.
Profile Image for Jeanne.
1,144 reviews7 followers
July 5, 2019
Terrific read with a twisty plot and logical but surprise ending. Love Aggie and all the other K9 characters as well as the various people working together to get to the truth.
Thank you to the publisher and netgalley for this arc.
Profile Image for Kathleen.
1,371 reviews8 followers
June 29, 2019
This is the third book in the series and the first I have read. I won a copy of this book from Goodreads. I have read Wed, Read & Dead, and Read Herring Hunt a different series by the author.

M.s Burns does a wonderful job with the story. It is well-crafted, lots of possible suspects, and fantastic characters. There is plenty going on in this book.

I liked the twists, turns, and reveals throughout the book. Kept me interested. In fact, I have checked out number one in the series from the library so I can start the series from the beginning and have moved Number 2 to the top of my TBR pile. This series has made it to must follow series list.

I received a copy from Goodreads And Lyrical Underground. I am not required to leave a positive review.
Profile Image for Kristin.
652 reviews8 followers
July 1, 2019
Really enjoyed this book! Love that the whole dog training group helped out in their own way to put the pieces together. Didn't see the ending coming. Fun read!
Profile Image for Bobbie Kirkland.
580 reviews12 followers
June 17, 2019
I received a free copy of BARK IF IT’S MURDER (Book 3 of the Dog Club Mysteries) by V.M. Burns in exchange for an honest review. Lilly Echosby is an accountant who has recently realized her dream of owning a dog. Devoted to the little creature, Lilly participates in a dog-training group and even volunteers, on behalf of the local dog shelter, for poop scooping duties at a locally-held dog show. At the dog show, Lilly makes some new connections that come in handy when she gets a last-minute chance to attend an art auction in Atlanta. Lilly leaves little Aggie in the care of a posh doggie spa for the weekend with the reassurance that she can watch her sweet puppy on live video the entire time she’s away. When checking in on Aggie, Lilly sees a murder, or does she? Lilly insists she saw the husband-owner of the doggie spa kill his wife. The man, however, insists that his wife is still alive and that she’s simply away on business. With no body found and photographic evidence the man’s wife is still alive, the police eventually stop investigating. Lilly knows what she saw and is determined to prove it.

I liked this book. Though I haven’t read either of the previous books in this series, I had no problem connecting with the characters or following the storyline. I recommend this book to fans of V.M. Burns, to fans of cozy mysteries with dog themes, and to fans of cozy mysteries, in general.

#BarkIfItsMurder #NetGalley
272 reviews6 followers
June 27, 2019
For a short pleasant mystery, this one is a winner. Lilly is a good “detective”; and Aggie a cute toy poodle. Dog lovers will love this series!
1,452 reviews25 followers
June 19, 2019
When Lilly heads out of town to attend an art auction with her boss she boards Aggie at the posh Pet Haven in town. Since it’s the first time she is away from Aggie, she takes advantage of the pet cam to check in on Aggie before turning in for the night. But the connection is acting up and the camera switches to an outside area in the resort and Lilly sees a woman murdered. She calls her boyfriend Red, who is in law enforcement, and the police find nothing. But Lilly is certain she saw a murder and can’t be persuaded otherwise.

Another fun entry in this series. Who doesn’t love all the pups and good friends that Lilly brings along? A fun cozy series with a solid whodunit.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 87 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.