Start by marking “Ruthless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ruthless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #3)

Ruthless King

(Kings of Rittenhouse #3)

A STANDALONE second chance, enemies to lovers romance.

My dick never got me in half as much trouble as my heart...

We were high school sweethearts. I was head over heels for her and no one could tell me we weren’t going to last forever. College? Going pro? My family’s money? None of it mattered. She was all I needed.

Then she ripped my heart out. But I’m not going to let tha
Published January 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Ruthless King, please sign up.
Maya Hughes Hi Tabitha! It will be out in January :) I'm so excited for you to read it!!

Cristina | CristiinaReads
➳A second chance romance that has passion involved with history that is filled with emotions that are so in depth with each character, once you read their love story there is no going back...

➳There is no denying that my love for Maya's writing is one that will diminish any time soon. When it comes down to sports romances I am weak in knees because the fact is that I love me a good rugged guy who properly knows how to work it in the field (or ice rink in this case) and also knows how to properl
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Ruthless King is book three in the Kings of Rittenhouse series by Maya Hughes. You can definitely read these as stand alones but I do recommend that you read the little prequel novella, Kings of Rittenhouse, first. It introduces this group of friends and sets the stage perfectly for the book!

It’s been four years since the night back in high school that Avery Davis ripped out Emmett Cunning’s heart. For four years he has lived his life, achieved his dream of being a professional hockey player for
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 STARS

The second I read the blurb to this book, I knew this would be my first Maya Hughes read. I'm a sucker for a good second-chance romance, and this one checked all of my boxes.
Avery Davis had dismantled me and left me as a shell. Even knowing the pain she’d caused, every night I closed my eyes, it was her I dreame
Wendy
4ssdf

I have read and enjoyed the first book in this series "Shameless King". For some reason, I forgot  skipped the second book "Reckless King"(<-I will fix this mistake soon) ...This is the third book... Avery and Emmet's story, and it can be read as a stand-alone.

Now even though I skipped the second book, I still remembered Avery and Emmett from the first book, and I really wanted to read their story. I do things ass-backward all the time so I will just read Heath's story later ;)

Animated GIF

The first book
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Ruthless King is about former high school lovers Emmett Cunning and Avery Davis. Emmett is wealthy and privilege but his parents are never preset. Avery cannot rely to her father as he succumb into addiction. She had no choice but to step in as the breadwinner of the family. In spite of their socioeconomic differences, it didn't matter for these two. They're both young and in love but one incident ripped their relationship apart.
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I’ve been wanting to get my hands on Emmett and Avery's story from the minute I read Shameless King and this was more than what I could’ve hoped for. I have a weakness for second chance romances and when we were given a little bit of the background in book 1, I knew that this story was going to be filled with drama, heartache, and redemption and I was so on bored for this journey!!

Good looks, women, endless wealth, you name it and Emmett Cunning has it. Life is not too bad for this twenty thre
Melanie (mells_view)
Hmmmm

I liked the plot of this second chance romance. It is mainly misunderstandings, lack of communications, and then some shady shady things from outsiders. All in all it’s a decent read. I skimmed a bit, because some things felt like filler. I didn’t read the first two books or the prequel novella, but it was still easy enough to catch on to what was going on here. Not sure if I will continue the series, because I mainly just wanted to see how this couple panned out (the blurb enticed me), but
Maya Hughes
Oct 13, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
RUTHLESS KING IS LIVE!!!

Grab your copy now at the special release price!

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2SIoSg2
Amazon UK: https://amzn.to/2FjO9JD
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2H1a1Mh
Amazon CA: https://amzn.to/2CWnjFC

[image error]
Betul
**ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

description

Ruthless king is the first book I read by Maya Hughes. Second-chance romances are one of my favorite book tropes, so I was excited about this story. It started really good, and I couldn't wait to see what happened that broke these two apart in high school. When I finally got bits an pieces of the past, it kind of lessened my enjoyment for this story. One thing I hate in second-chance romances is when the couple breaks up because of a mis
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This installment is about Emmett and Avery… They were high school sweethearts, crazy in love, and Emmett wanted nothing more than to spend his life with Avery. Until everything suddenly changed, and the young man became broken and unable to move on. Fast forward seven years and they are suddenly thrown together again. He tries so hard to stay angry, but thankfully, he starts losing that momentum.

First, I have loved this series so much! However, this one is by far my favorite of the series. Why y
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
AVAILABLE NOW

4.5 CROWNS

Maya Hughes has captured my heart. She has created an angst filled, emotional second chance romance that killed me in the best way

Ohhhh, boy! Let me tell you about Emmett. You may have seen glimpses of him if you have read the Kings of Rittenhouse series by Maya Hughes, but you don’t even know what you are in for with Ruthless King! This is Maya’s best book to date!! I was enthralled with this second chance romance.

Emmett is so much more complex than I ever thought. His
Rejane
Jan 01, 2019 marked it as not-interested  ·  review of another edition
It's so nice to read a honest review for ARC. Most of the time they are just generic essay talking about the author’s competence with words and how feelings are brought to the pages followed by 4 or 5 stars rate.
Misunderstanding and miscommunication are big pet peeves for me in my books. I don't care what age the characters are, just don't like it used as reason for separation. I agree with the reviewer whos says it’s one of the laziest conflict to break up a couple.

Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

Maya Hughes is back with the third standalone installment in the Kings of Rittenhouse series and what a story this was y'all. And while I've not read this others in this series (though I plan to rectify that soon), I had no issues falling right into the lives of every character I met in this book and the storyline laid out.

Ruthless King was a sexy, angsty, intense second chance new adult romance that had my heart beating a little faster and me glued to the pages, not stopping until the
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡

I have been dying to read Avery and Emmett’s second chance romance since starting Kings of Rittenhouse. Once having experienced an enviable, near perfect romance, only to have that dream shatter, ending tragically, Avery and Emmett’s relationship started to be filled with undeniable animosity. And many questions started swirling in my head, piquing my interest, about this couple’s reasons for separating.

Ruthless King was overall more enjoyable than Shameless King and Reckless King. However, I se
Jo Reads Romance
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Wow! The feels.
5 stars

This book. Wow! This book hit me right in the feels.

I was hooked from the very first page and even when I wasn’t reading - which I did at any and every opportunity - I was thinking about it. Thinking about Emmett and Avery and worrying over them. Would they ever get their happily ever after?

Ruthless King is a young adult romance. The characters are all in their early 20s. This isn’t usually my kind of book as I feel like I wouldn’t connect with characters in such a diffe
book bruin
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
description

I have been dying for this story from the moment I was introduced to Emmett and Avery in the prequel novella, Kings of Rittenhouse. Second chance romances are one of my very favorite tropes and Maya Hughes really delivered! Though this is book 3 in the series, it can be read as a stand alone. It will be most appreciated, however, if read in order/if the prequel is read first.

This book hurt my heart in the best way. The angst and anguish were high in Ruthless King and there were times I didn't th
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
3-3.5 stars! This was my first Maya Hughes book and I think I’ve discovered a new NA author to read (I’m always on the lookout for them)! While I had some problems with the second chance romance and why it didn’t work out for the main characters the first time around, I really enjoyed getting to know this cast of characters and will definitively be going back to read the first two books in the series.

Full review to come!

Thanks to the author for generously providing me an ARC to review.
JewelsyGoolsy
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 stars.
Skipped book #2 cos I really needed to know how this couple got their crap together. I only wished that the HFNs in this series weren’t so rushed and heavy on the next book’s prep. Ah well, guess I’m gonna need to read the next book to try catch a glimpse of this couple’s HFN continuation.

Told in dual POV and book #3 in a series.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
OMG this book is named righteously because Emmett is RUTHLESS in his pursuit of the woman he loves with all his heart Avery. I am not going to say to much because I don't want to spoil it for anyone because this is one book I am going to recommend this book to EVERYONE!

Emmett has it all family, friends, and hockey but the one thing he wants more than life he does not have and that is Avery. Emmett and Avery are high school sweet hearts and have everything planned out until one day Avery walks aw
Na
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
"You're the constant in my life, in my heart, my everything."

Even though Ruthless King is the third book in this series, it was my first. It's also my first by Maya Hughes and I must say, I'm quite surprised and impressed. Don't let my 3 star rating blind you. This book is a great entertaining read. It's filled with drama and heartache. A very likable, damn hot and vulnerable hero and a strong, admirable heroine give this second chance sports romance the right drive.

"It had only taken a
Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: athletes
4 Ruthless Stars

“I never stopped loving you. Even when I hated you with all of my being, even when I hated myself for it and wished I could carve my heart out of my chest, I still loved you.”

Emmett and Avery used to be high school sweethearts and the lovey-dovey kind of until something happened and drove them apart with some bitter feelings hanging between them years later. Somehow they are forced to spend some time together and that won't be easy for anyone. Will they kill each other or cl
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Yay first book from this author :)

Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting for Emmett & Avery's story ever since the start of The Kings of Rittenhouse, and I absolutely loved it. These young hockey players have worked their way into my heart one by one, and Emmett is my favorite. He is so broken, yet so strong on the outside. He has never hidden his dysfunctional family from his friends, but he keeps his pain from longing and rejection hidden to most. Emmett has always come across as "the leader" to me. He pays for everything - takes care of eve ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
You can see this and other Reviews I have written along with various cover reveals, excerpts, and giveaways here Nadine's Obsessed with Books

Ruthless King is the third, actually fourth book if you count the prequel, in the Kings of Rittenhouse series it can be read as a standalone but I would highly suggest if you plan on doing that you at least read the free prequel because it will set this story up for you.
Emmett and Avery were high school sweethearts until their epic breakup that still haunt
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5/ 5 stars

Ruthless King has been a long time coming and anxiously awaited by yours truly. Right from the point I read the prequel, I knew I needed this book and answers!! I desperately wanted answers and now I have them and so much more.

Emmett and Avery's story was one filled with angst, 'hate' and so much want. These two will make you burn with the tension and chemistry that exists between them. All the fights and jeaously will bothe make you want to hit them and pray that they just
Anne OK
Hockey sports-related romance. Second chance at love trope. Third book in the Rittenhouse Kings series.

Avery and Emmett once had it all -- for first loves in high school. He's the rich guy, sports hero that is the envy of all -- she's the poor girl on scholarship to the private high school whose dad is the school maintenance man. One night and a mistaken encounter and things go down the drain. Four years later, they are reunited -- not by choice. And there are secrets to be unveiled. Things migh
Amy
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"She'd stood over me with my beating heart in her hand and let me walk away. She'd left me gasping for air, shouting at the sky, and craving her touch. Avery Davis had dismantled me and left me as a shell. Even knowing the pain she caused, every night I closed my eyes, it was her I dreamed about."

What a fabulous, fabulous read. Ruthless King is my first book by author Maya Hughes and it most certainly won't be my last.

Told from dual points of view, Ruthless King follows the story of Emmett and A
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: newadult
I 'd been waiting for this particular book in the Kings of Rittenhouse series and I'll tell you that Maya did not disappoint when it came to Emmett and Avery's story.

When trust if broken can it ever be repaired? If you had a second chance with the one you loved and lost would you take it? What if you never had a second chance?

When I say Ruthless King covers all the feels, I don't say that lightly. This is a story that covers not only a look at the intense feelings of your first love, but the ang
Tanaka K
"Every inch had been covered by my hands and lips, a map I’d traveled often, discovering every secret pleasure hidden underneath. I couldn’t wait to get reacquainted."

One of the things I love the most is when a blurb makes me so hyped up over a book. You read an amazing blurb and you just want to get your hands on the book. No matter who the author, if the blurb is beautifully written and catches my eyes, I want to read the book. I feel so excited. I feel my soul stirred. I feel so overjoyed. I
Amanda
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Kings are family and family is forever— this 100% shines through in Ruthless King.

Avery and Emmet have a deep-seated love full of secrets and misunderstandings. These misgivings turned their young love upside down, but as adults, they have a chance to save it all. This beautiful second chance romance has a love so pure that their longing for each other makes your own heart ache.

I am wholeheartedly vested in this series. I want to scream my love for it from the rooftops. How can you not lov
  • Her Perfect Game (Hot & Nerdy, #2)
  • Southern Player (Charleston Heat #2)
  • Always Yours, Baby (The Baby Saga, #4)
  • Clementine
  • Covert Assignment (Covert #1)
  • Vengeful Love (Vengeful Love, #1)
  • This Summer
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Enduring Fate (Fate for Love #1)
  • Risk Taker
  • Becoming His Muse - Part 2 (Becoming His Muse, #2)
  • With Every Heartbeat (Cities of Love, #1)
  • Rebound Roommate (Men of Lake Tahoe Series, #3)
  • Acquainted
  • The Australian (Jet-setters & Jeopardy, #2)
  • Cards Of Love - Queen Of Pentacles
  • Moving Forward (Moving Neutral, #3)
  • Sexy Beast
I'm a contemporary and new adult romance author.

When I'm not hiding from my kids in the bathroom (doesn't work), I'm working full time, cooking dinners with my husband and building blanket forts.

Want to start reading my steamy, office romance right now?! Join my newsletter to the exclusive news, access to my newsletter exclusive, steamy, office romance novella, The Perfect View!
JOIN MY NEWSLET

Kings of Rittenhouse (5 books)
  • Shameless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #1)
  • Reckless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #2)
  • Fearless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #4)
  • Heartless King (Kings of Rittenhouse, #5)