Start by marking “Elijah” as Want to Read:

Elijah

‘When my heart met yours, it knew’

Elijah Cooper had loved Amy Brown for as long as he could remember.
She was his first love, his soulmate, the woman he adored.

Amy Brown had loved Elijah Cooper since they’d been teenagers
He was her first and the last man she’d ever love.

One night changed everything. A night where they would both lose the most precious thing to them – each
Published (first published 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Elijah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elijah

Start your review of Elijah
Mojo_Mama
This review is an open letter to Safety Readers. You all have been my jam for several years. I love your reviews and check them regularly, some of you are my friends and followers. Most of you are some of the nicest people on GR.

Over the past two years I’ve watched the tone of some major safety reader/reviewers shift to a vitriolic level and it’s sadden me. I’ve written my fair share of bitchy reviews, even a few seriously venomous ones, so no pot/kettle bullshit here. But what’s happened on th
Fre06 Begum
Lu Bielefeld
1 ⭐- Ugh! Didn't like it or triggers or pet peeve!
========================================

#UPDATE!
After so many polemics I decided to read the book! I was very objective in my considerations and here it is!
=====================================
#AVOID
--------
Review Here #1

Review Here #2
=====================================

The book alternates viewpoints and also present and past.
We have a glimpse of the lives of the heroes and what happened to their relationship. But you see, the reader does not k
Frankie
Feb 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book deserves 0 stars but since GR doesn't count ratings, the 1 star is for that reason alone.

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!

A story in which a Hero is with OW for the entire read, has sex with said woman and even cheats on her with heroine is not something I ever want to read about and a warning from Author/Publisher should have been placed because readers deserve to know what they are paying and wasting their time on!

Now there is also something wrong when people call out HONEST GR reviewers and they
Kiki
Let’s just say blatant lying by authors and their minions and then bullying other reviewers calling them “cruel” because they just merely stated the fact doesn’t really turn me on.

It also missed the mark on romance for me. Where exactly was the romance between this SOB and Emma again?
Danielle's
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book! I’ve not laughed so hard in ages and the romance is sexy but also swoon-worthy.

It was love at first sight.
Amy Brown couldn’t believe her luck when Elijah Cooper first asks her out. High school sweethearts soon turned into more but unfortunately, due to heartache, the couple didn’t last. Elijah has always loved his ex-wife. 5 years later and he’s still trying to move on. They end up with a job together at the same place (short term). He’s a gardener and she’s a designer. Amy knows the
Nikki ღ Navareus
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYBODY!!!

Well, after reading all the negative reviews about all the cheating in this story, I had to give this one a go. I could not wait to sink my teeth into a fabulous cheating story, one of my most favorite tropes to read. If this story offended so many reviewers who were triggered by cheating, I just KNEW I was going to dig this cheating goodness! But bummer for me, there was ZERO physical cheating in this story.

What I DID find in this story was a very entertaining second chance romance, where this
Laundry
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book based off of an extremely hateful review. My sole reason for picking up Elijah was to see why someone would be so moved to write such nasty and disrespectful words about an authors work. I like to think of myself as an open minded reviewer. I don't have many triggers, so when I read said review and it said that is was NOT safe due to infidelity, I was leery. However, I can say with 100 % certainty this IS a safe book. The ONLY type of cheating you may pick up on is a TINY HINT o ...more
Dilek VT
I love the cover of this book; the guy on the cover is so handsome and initially the cover made me wanna read it but sadly, having learnt what it involves from my friend Paula's review, now it is not enough for me to pick up this book as I don't like second chance romance especially if it involves a marriage, divorce and new girlfriend drama.

My friend's review: (It contains spoilers so be forewarned)

Rejane
I told Paula to stay away from second chances romance books (romance.. 😂 LMAO)
Look at what she put herself through with the honor of the author’s friend/editor come to her review and tell she’s wrong. But she proved her wrong all right. Or she edited another book and ended up publishing a wrong file.
👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

Reading
First things first.

I don't have a problem with most tropes and I'm relatively trigger-free. I often read "controversial" themes just to see if an author can pull it off. Occasionally an author dazzles me with a deft execution of what I call a tricky trope. Elijah had no such effect on me. Not even a "Aw, bless Nikki Ashton's heart for trying"

Strengths: Great cover. Intriguing concept.

Weaknesses: Too many to list, but poor character and plot development feature strongly. It's difficult to believ
Paula
SPOILERS!!!

Hell No! I have read some crappy books in my lifetime but this one takes the cake! So I am leaving this review with major spoilers because this is NOT a romance! How ANYONE can rate it so high is beyond me!

Hero & heroine dated while in high school and college. They were in love, got married and she miscarried their baby. Heartbroken, she & Hero attend a party with their friends & Hero gets drunk. Heroine tells him to go sleep it off in the next room and it's there she finds him naked
Sammi
Feb 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
How on earth can anyone say there isn't cheating in this book when there is. There just is. I can't explain any better than that. There is cheating written in black and white. Why lie when all it takes it for someone to read it to see that? Weird people. Edit: Apparently I have written this and not read the book. I can assure you I have read it (and no I didn't pay for it, sorry not sorry). Edit #2 as everyone seems to have no brain cells. I REFUNDED THE BOOK was what I meant by "no I didn't pay ...more
J
Pr❣
Disgusting characters!!!
Cheaters are not my cup of tea.
Mou
Jun 17, 2019 marked it as avoid
Where is the Love story ......?

For the first time, I feel sorry for the OW of the book. And yeah, the hero-heroine certainly deserve each other and no one else... 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Raj
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For me cheating or any perceived notion of cheating in this book was minuscule at the very least and barely registered on my radar of distaste.What did disturb me was the image of a loving wife leaving her husband,her soul mate almost comatose drunk(was he roofied),defenceless,barely naked beneath a psychotic woman whom she very well knew had been stalking him through the years to be molested/raped/murdered.

Imagine his horror and disbelief when he came to finding a succubus on top of him,his nig
Crazychriss889
Just a little reminder for me: Do NOT engage. Cheating hero. No love lost between them, I'd argue. ...more
Jan
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As Amy came apart in my arms, I knew I’d never love anyone like I loved her. This wasn’t just a teenage first love, she had my fucking heart forever.

A SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE

Two teenagers in love, two people destined to be together but Life, life sometimes just doesn't turn out the way you dreamed it would.
This is a story of love and loss, betrayal and regrets, heartache and despair, second chances and forgiveness.

Fiction, I know this is fiction but my heart bumped in my chest more than once, I
Kirsty Adams - Kindle Freak Book Blog
The feels in this story were deep. Love doesn’t run smooth for Amy and Elijah and the hurt and grief block senses that allow normal thought processes. Their connection is still so blatantly obvious when they cross paths again. Both are trying to move on with their lives, and tall walls having been built to protect their broken hearts. There were certain points in the story that I really thought they were both too broken to rekindle what they once had.

I loved the supporting characters, dry humou
Stephanie
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another home run for Nikki Ashton on this one. I love Nikki's writing, it's full of passion, fun, and downright hilarity at times. We meet Amy and Elijah, whose story is intense to say the least, and the back story even more so. I will not be putting any spoilers in this review because I hate spoilers. However, if you like lots of passion, angst and intense "heat", there's plenty and then some. It is a 2nd chance romance and there are times you just want to knock their heads together, but Nikki ...more
Jade
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second chance love must read

Elijah and Amy’s story is everything a second chance love story should be!!!

I enjoyed being transported back to the past to understand and appreciate their relationship.
There was so much anger but and undeniable amount of love in the present that you needed to be taken back chapter by chapter to their past relationship to comprehend why it wasn’t a simple “I love you let’s try again” solution!

Elijah is perfection! I initially thought it was going to be so difficul
Lisa Hill
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A love of a lifetime

Boy meets girl, they fall in love, get married and live happily ever after. Right? Wrong.

Elijah, the eponymous hero, fell in love with Amy whilst they were both still at school. They fell hard and fast and were so suited, so right together, that a lifetime of love beckoned.

But things go wrong, things outside of their control, and their perfect life crashes around their ears. Five years later, they meet again and all of those unresolved feelings resurface, begging to be hea
Emma Bailey
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elijah

From the minute I picked this book up I was hooked! So much so that I didn’t put it down until the very end!

Amy and Elijah are characters you instantly fall in love with. You can feel the emotions from the characters all the way through the book and it made the passion of wanting them to find their happy ever after even stronger. It was definitely a feel good book, with a lot of love. You will not be disappointed once you pick it up.

I have loved every single book the author has written. H
Karen Wood
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, it had me hooked from the start, its a sweet second chance love story between Elijah and Amy, the heartache, anger and love they felt for each other even after 5 years apart. I loved the idea of going between them now and from when they first met, it gave you the whole back story from both sides. The fact that they met again doing the house and garden for one of the characters from one of the other books made it more special, looking forward to reading Elijah's brother Samuels ...more
Janine Booth
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elijah

Absolutely loved this book, I couldn’t put it down from the first page I was hooked.
Amy and Elijah was two characters easy to love, I was rooting for them both.

Amazing while reading the story I could feel each characters emotions as the author did a amazing job of making you feel them.
Definitely a book you should pick up as it’s a fantastic read.
Can’t wait for the next instalment
Kimberley Newman
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Nikki Ashton never disappoints. Another brilliant book, so well written that from page one you are drawn into the characters Elijah and Amy and feel what they are feeling. Totally root for them and feel it.
If you want a un-putdownable book, buy this now.
Totally whet my appetite for the Cooper brothers and cannot wait for book number 2.

Well done Nikki, you are such an amazing author!
Tracey Owen
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elijah

Nikki Ashton never fails to disappoint us. The minute I started reading I was hooked and sat and read until I finished the book. Amy and Elijah are characters that you instantly fall in love with and you find yourself hoping that they'll get their happy ever after. Can't wait for the next book.
RJD
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Elijah is love!!

Damn! Elijah Cooper is what every man should be! There are times that I've wanted to shake Amy just so she'd wake up and see what's in front of her. I wish I can have Elijah for myself hahaha!

Another good read from Nikki Ashton. I can't wait for book 2!

• Storm
  • Shattered (Willow Creek Book 1)
  • Under His Skin
  • Swimming Naked (A White Picket Fence, #2)
  • A Me and You Thing
  • Truth Game (Ocean Bay #3)
  • About Tomorrow
  • Have Mercy
  • Her Football Star Ex (A Second Chance for the Rich and Famous #3)
  • Forever and Never (Magnolia Cove, #2)
  • Pocketful of Blame (Pocket #1)
  • Waiting Game
  • Tears of Ink (Tears of ... Book 1)
  • Lawless Kingdom (Reign & Ruin #1)
  • Unspoken Words
  • Bully Me This (Bully Me #1)
  • Inhale, Exhale. (Hollow Ridge #1)
  • The Colonel's Baby
I live in Cheshire with my husband, two dogs and mum in law and write romantic humour and contemporary romance. My first two books, Guess Who I Pulled Last Night? and No Bra Required both stayed at number 1 on the Amazon Humour list for 3 & 4 weeks respectively. My ambitions of becoming a writer started at the age of 10 when I started writing poetry at school, and was given the honour of reading o ...more

News & Interviews