Start by marking “Caress of Fire (Dawn of Dragons Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Caress of Fire (Dawn of Dragons Book 2)

Caress of Fire (Dawn of Dragons Book 2)

You are mine, Marielle Jansen. You don't know it yet, but you are mine.

With her brother in debt to the biggest crime lord of the slums, Marielle does the only thing she can to save him. She takes the debt on herself. But the only way she can repay it is to be claimed as mate by a Draekon Lord and deliver him an heir.

She has no intention of following through with the deal
Kindle Edition
Published December 19th 2018 by Eclipse Press

To ask other readers questions about Caress of Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caress of Fire

Eva Millien
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second Dawn of Dragons romance is a gripping and exhilarating read. The setting is futuristic apocalyptic with a feel of historical every once in a while adds a wonderful ambiance to this romance and the strong, vivid characters easily draw readers into their story and holds them prisoner until the very end. The romance between Arielle and Fedryc is full of sizzling chemistry, scorching passion and turbulent emotions and readers can’t help but become caught up in the story, not only in fasci ...more
S
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the second book I have read from this author. I was going through a bad spell with dragon books for a while and I had taken a break from them. I decided to take a chance and read “Touch Of Ice” while it did have it’s really weak moments it did somewhat restore my faith in the dragon mythos a bit. Sad to say this story seems to be very similar to the first one I read and the female lead in this one to me had very few redeeming qualities if any.

In “Touch Of Ice” that character had a sick c
Mary Lynne
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Auclair is firing on all cylinders with this second book in her Dawn of Dragons series. She’s sculpted a complex hierarchy in a future Earth devastated by war and now run by the Draekons, aliens who bond with dragons. Humans are at the bottom of the power ladder, with the non-dragon-bonded alien Delradons in the middle.

Genetic testing reveals which humans can bear a child with a Draekon (at great risk to the mother), and those practical relationships are the basis of this fantasy romance series
JodyL
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was eager to read another book in this series! I read the first one last year and fell in love with this author's writing. She has an original outtake of the relationship between dragons and their counterparts. There are evil purista who want to wipe out anyone who is not of pure blood or even thinks about breeding with humans.
Marielle is a human who has taken care of her brother alone since he was ten and she was fifteen. He borrowed money from what is basically their version of a monster. Wh
Questian
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-to-read
I need to give this book a five star.

And as I write this review, I am crying... I finished this last night, and i wanted to write my review at once but, I do not have a CP so i had to wait till morning so i can do it in the office...

Caress of Fire is one heck of a very emotional roller coaster. From the start to the finish. Marielle, who never allowed herslef to love was accepted by Fedryc, a Draekon Lord that was sent to the Empire because his mother died birthing him. Both have emotional scar
Heart5
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book in the series and found this one equally good. I love the detail the author puts into the story from the elaborate settings to the detail behind each character. The characters are likeable and I really like the incorporation of the dragons into the story. The story is a mix of dark and light as Mariella and Fredryc battle to keen their kingdom intact while falling deeply for each other. Although this is a complete story the author left me looking forward to the next book i ...more
Sherry Westendorf
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! An amazing addition to her dragon series. Very well written. Devan her brother is in series trouble with a crime lord over money. She decides to save his life by making a contract with a Draeckon Lord. But the problem is he is murdered and it looks like she did it. Along comes his estranged son and takes his fathers place. He wants her and takes on everything. It is exciting, suspenseful, surprising, fun and so much more. I received a review copy from booksprout and voluntarily review it.
Janet
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OOO!! This story started out really, really good. I love Nyra she is something else. The youngest dragon with her Lord. She will protect and defend her charges. Awesome and she makes me so proud of her. The hunt for a traitor in the mist of all else going on. Trying to find Devan, Nyra finding her mate, so much happening. The tension is high and it is more exciting and dangerous. An excellent story and I want the next book so I can jump in to find out what happens next. I received a complimentar ...more
Philleys Peters
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marielle was sold to the dragon shifter High Lord for mating and breeding purposes. When his father was murdered before the marriage took place, Fedryc as the new High Lord, took Marielle as his mate instead. But wonder of wonders, she turns out to be Fedryc's true mate. Lots of intrigue in this dragon court as Fedryc seeks out his father's killer while keeping his mate safe and contending with the unrest within his kingdom and beyond. A fabulous read!

I received a free copy of this book via Book
Vickie
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked book one of this series and book two is even better. Marielle keeps taking on the mistakes and consequences of others (specifically her brother) and they have finally caught up with her but she will discover that giving in may be the best decision she ever made. Fedrye will save his mate but can he protect her. This is one exciting, action packed, page turner which is full of suspense and mystery. Ms. Auclair keeps the tension thick and the romance sizzling as this smooth flowing ...more
Kelly
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Easy five stars. Mary Auclair does great dragons and I was happy to see this book. This is book 2 in the series but it does stand alone. With strong dragon riders and fragile but strong women in an unequal society it could be a doormat type of relationship but Marielle is strong enough to stand up for herself and I loved the relationship Fedryc and Marielle developed as they became a couple and fought against a traitor close to home. (I voluntarily reviewed an ARC).
Barbara Brostek
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Dragon Fantasy!
Aliens, Dragons, romance, murder, mayhem, suspense, deception, betrayal with a HEA make for a very enjoyable reading experience. I loved the unique storyline and strong, well written characters. I look forward to reading the next book in this series. Enjoy!
I received an arc copy and am happy to leave my honest review.
Gladys
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very good read. There is lots of drama, steam, emotional turmoil, intensity, twists and also very suspenseful. Marielle and Fedryc share a powerful attraction and their chemistry simply sizzles. The storyline easily kept me entertained and engaged. I'm looking forward to book three. This is my freely posted, frank review.
Elizabeth
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a really great book. It has a lot of violence so if that disturbs you then you should skip this book. It was full of muster and adventure and a really great read. This is my first book from this author. I loved this book so much I am going to the authors page and read another one of Mary's books.

Scarolet Ellis
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Caress of Fire by Mary Auclair is a wonderful story to read. I loved reading this story cause I love reading about dragons all kinds. This story is amazing and I loved the wonderful strong characters and the wonderful story line.

Barbara
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Dawn of Dragons series a well-written book that I enjoyed reading. Marielle Jansen and High Lord Fedryc's story has suspense, drama, danger, a villain, murder, and romance. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Cali Jewel
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emotional, thrilling, sexy, witty and engaging romantic adventure filled with danger, secrets, magic, mystery and passion..... it is a real page tuner that is hard to put down and return to the everyday. This magical and dangerous world is both exciting and tricky to survive, highly entertaining.
Georgianna Skinner
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story!

This story had everything. It was a love story, a rise up from humble beginnings story and an exciting action adventure!
Christine
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ooh this was so good!

There is so much going on and it is riveting. Each page is like a new adventure and then ending is so intense.
Jordyn
Auldlass
Feb 02, 2019
Daisy
Jan 22, 2019
Mary grew up in the quiet peace of a small rural village in the heart of Quebec, Canada.

She spent her childhood chasing butterflies and catching frogs, playing in the mud and generally being as unladylike as she could. Her love of science led her to complete a mechanical engineering degree at the Ecole Polytechnique of Montreal, where she met the love of her life.

Years later, as she enjoyed the ro