Start by marking “A Killing at Ball's Bluff (Harrison Raines, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Killing at Ball's Bluff (Harrison Raines, #2)

A Killing at Ball's Bluff (Harrison Raines #2)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  68 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
U.S. Secret Service Agent Harrison Raines is assigned to stand watch over Abraham Lincoln's closest friend-a Union Colonel. But when the officer is murdered in cold blood, Raines must follow the killer across enemy lines.

"Kilian offers clues for anyone wishing to guess the identity of the murderer, but also indulges in a case of misdirection that might nag at a genuine m
Published January 8th 2002 by Berkley (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about A Killing at Ball's Bluff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Killing at Ball's Bluff

Todd Stockslager
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Second Harrison Raines Civil War Mystery, third one I read.

More typos, which indicates a sloppiness in presentation that I am coming to appreciate isn't in the writing. In other words, the mysteries are growing on me. As in the first book in the series, I solved about half the mystery before the author revealed it, which I think may be part of the plan to keep people interested but still surprised..

Anyway, not earth changing, but fun.
Douglas Graney
Aug 20, 2008 rated it it was ok
Living in Leesburg, Va (site of the battle) I decided to get every book I can on my local battlefield. FYI, if you're ever in the area it's a great place to visit, small and scenic, nice cemetary. Anyway, I'm not thrilled with this fictionalized version of the battle but those that like the "Harrison Raines" series will probably like this.
C
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

This book presents a mystery in an historical setting of great importance to our country. The characters are realistic and likeable. The plot is solid and includes mystery, romance, war, and unrequited love.
Jan
Apr 20, 2014
socal91701
Jan 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Harrison Raines (6 books)
  • Murder at Manassas (Harrison Raines, #1)
  • The Ironclad Alibi (Harrison Raines, #3)
  • A Grave at Glorieta (Harrison Raines, #4)
  • The Shiloh Sisters (Harrison Raines, #5)
  • Antietam Assassins (Harrison Raines, #6)