Start by marking “The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)

The Princess Plan

(A Royal Wedding #1)

Princes have pomp and glory—not crushes on commoners.

Nothing gets the tongues of London’s high society wagging like a good scandal. And when the personal secretary of the visiting Prince Sebastian of Alucia is found murdered, it’s all anyone can talk about, including Eliza Tricklebank. Her unapologetic gossip gazette has benefited from an anonymous tip about the crime, prom
Expected publication: November 26th 2019 by HQN Books

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Princess Plan by Julia London
    The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)
    Release date: Nov 19, 2019
    Enter to win 1 of 25 Finished Copies of The Princess Plan by Julia London!

Princes have pomp and glory—not crushes on commoners

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 25 copies available, 1466 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 08 - Nov 22, 2019

Countries available: U.S. and Canada

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Princess Plan, please sign up.

Start your review of The Princess Plan (A Royal Wedding, #1)
    Esther
    ARC provided by NetGalley and Harlequin in exchange for an honest review.

Sadly this book was a DNF. About 60 percent in and couldn't continue. I did skim the rest with hope of possible improvement, sadly no.

The romance was sadly lacking and the characters were flatline and one demential. And the historical prospective in this book felt more like a modern romance trying to be a historical.

Eliza and Sebastian just were not very likable or believable with some of their acti
    Elodie
    Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This is my first read by Julia London.
    I know, I so very know I have a lot of wonderful authors’ work to catch up, and I very slowly, too slowly try to eliminate the backlog but what I thought an easy task is getting harder and harder every passing day as each rise of the sun brings new writers to my knowledge.
    I do also know I’m no major in history nor English language ( far from that as I’m a
    Jen Ryland
    Oct 27, 2019 marked it as setting-aside-for-now
    Usually love JL books but couldn't get into this at all.

Sadly setting aside for now.
    Lauren
    DNF at around 50%. I hate giving up on books, especially this far in, but I’ve reached my limit with these characters. Someone with a greater patience level may enjoy the story (hence the 2 stars instead of 1), but you will need to suspend all disbelief to do so.

The story has a promising beginning with a masquerade ball at which Eliza, a contented spinster, inadvertently runs into Prince Sebastian (of a fictitious European nation) while trying to escape an overzealous hostess. However, any chem
    Donna
    Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley, rrrc, 2019
    This book was a fun read. I really enjoyed the character Eliza Tricklebank and seeing how she as a 'spinster' interacted with the prince and how it was completely differently than how everyone else interacted with him.

It was fun to see the relationship grow and change between Eliza and Sebastian.

Most historical romances I've read the main female character was actively trying to find a husband. This one was different since Eliza seemed quite content being a spinster, repairing clocks
    Sara Archibald
    Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This book has a great story line that will keep readers on their toes wanting to figure out who killed the secretary and wanting to know if Sebastian follow his heart and do everything in his power to make Eliza his or will he walk away. This is definitely a pager turner!
    Margaret
    Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    OH MY! WHAT A GLORIOUS BOOK!!
    Eliza, the daughter of a judge and loves to repair clocks, attends a masquerade ball at Kensington Palace in honor of a visiting Prince from another country. His goal is to attain trading rights and acquire an English bride to seal the deal. From their first encounter things are memorable for her, but him, not so much, until they meet face to face and she becomes unforgettable. Murder, political negotiations and the pair trying to solve who done it, keep the bo
    Shoshana G
    Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
    Shelves: romance
    This did not work for me. I like historical fiction for similar reasons as fantasy - both let me get immersed in another world. However, I didn't like the ways this skirted the boundaries of historical fiction and went fantastical. I didn't like the made up country (which I have liked in other contexts, most notably A Brief History of Montmaray) and I didn't find the romance believable or compelling. Eliza's backstory was good, but the meet cute fell flat for me and I never bought any of the sub ...more
    Jenny
    Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
    This book has been a bit of a struggle.... there are two stands to this story. Firstly, Prince Sebastian has come to Victorian England to sort out a trade deal for his country. While visiting his Personal Secretary is murdered but no one knows why. He has also come to find a bride. The second story is about Prince Sebastian's friendship with Eliza Tricklebank - quirky, sassy, clock repairing daughter of a judge. Eliza and Sebastian both want to solve the murder and work together to do so.
    Kim
    Oct 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
    Shelves: 2019
    Prince Sebastian of Alucia is in London to develop a trade deal and to also find an English bride who will be an advantage to his country. Eliza Tricklebank was betrayed by her lover years ago and has therefore become a spinster, writing a gossip column, fixing clocks, and caring for her blind judge father. The two characters are given only a superficial back story. I never came to care about either one. It's a stretch how the Prince and the spinster come together to solve the murder of his secr ...more
    Kimberley C.
    Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    It has been a while since I’ve read a Regency romance, so i decided to request this one to see if I still enjoy them. I’d read a few reviews on Netgalley, and there were many that found it lacklustre. I’m happy to report that I really enjoyed it. The mystery was just enough to keep me interested, without rolling my eyes. I enjoyed Eliza quite a bit; she was refreshing and funny. I also liked Sebastian, and found that his storyline of being bound by traditions was believable. 4 stars.
    Kimberley C.
    Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Rosanne Lortz
    Sep 05, 2019 rated it liked it
    Eliza Tricklebank is not expected to make a brilliant match, much less a royal one. But when the private secretary of a visiting prince is murdered and her newspaper for ladies receives and anonymous tip about the culprit, she finds herself thrown unexpectedly into the company of Prince Sebastian of Alucia. Unabashed by his royal dignity, Eliza hectors and lectures him on his rude manners in a way he's never experienced before. As they work to solve the crime together, Sebastian finds himself wo ...more
    Sue's Romance Reviews
    Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    If I ever have a chance to live a fairy tale, let it be like this one!

Eliza is a spinster and a commoner. Sebastian is a Prince. Where one is ignored, the other is fawned over.

Sebastian has come to England on business and to secure what he wants, he will need to choose an influential bride. What he does not expect is the murder of his most trusted friend and to find an undying love with someone who can never truly be his.

Eliza has come to be content with the life she has
    ✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
    ARC received via Edelweis for an honest review

Now, I have had book friends telling me forever that I need to read Julia London books. Yeah, I reply, I will get there one day.

Now after reading The Princess Plan, I am kicking myself for taking so long to start!

The blurb of The Princess Plan drew me right in. I am a bit of a sucker for historical romances at the moment

This book had a bit of a Darcy/Elizabeth, Austenesque vibe - with a bit of a murder/mystery thrown in for good measure.

Yes, all believability is thrown out the window, but that is
    Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
    3.5

So, where to begin? Oh yes, I received this title in exchange for an honest review. I read and reviewed this title voluntarily.

Now, I think the biggest problem with this novel is the page count. It was just too much for the story and because of that it dragged in many places. It took me forever to get through this book for that reason.

I love the characters and romance! Best part of the story and the only reason I kept reading. They just really saved this for me.

The writing, sometimes it f
    Peggy
    Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Delightful. A most unusual story about finding true love. Evil in the court, family and friendships that last a lifetime.
    Eliza is a wonderful woman who has suffered extreme humiliation and heartbreak. She has recovered and become a quirky, Intelligent and talented woman. Prince Sebastian has big problems in both business and personal life. All of that makes a great story. Touching and romantic. Lovely.
    Ana Bierle czernek
    Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
    If you’re looking for an engaging romance with a side of intrigue, this is one you should pick up!
    VL
    May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Loved this
    Carvanz
    I want to be Eliza when I grow up! She is fresh, vibrant, carefree and so full of life. It took very little time for me to absolutely adore her. I was afraid she wouldn’t be able to maintain it throughout the story but not only did she do so, her character developed to the place that I felt a complete connection to her. She is real. She is engaging. She is the girl we often see ourselves as.

description

But Eliza wouldn’t have been quite so amazing had she not had Sebastian’s very formal persona as her back
    Alison
    As someone who enjoys a good historical romance I had high hopes for this book despite not having read anything by the author before. Unfortunately though, despite a promising premise, this really didn't work for me and I came very close to DNF ing it more than once.

Given the story is about an unconventional woman who gets mixed up with a foreign prince I think I was expecting a sort of a Cinderella story, and there are elements of that, but the story as a whole feels very confused a
    Elodie
    Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Can a prince find in an unsuitable English woman the perfect bride he is looking for...

This is my first read by Julia London.
    Whitney Mcgregor (A Literary Perusal)
    The Princess Plan is a historical romance with a dash of what feels like a dinner murder mystery. I've not read much of Ms. London's work before and found her writing to be alternatingly intriguing and sluggish. My 3.5 star rating is reflective of me skimming through quite a bit of the story that felt too detailed and slow.

On the plus side, Eliza, our heroine is pretty fantastic. She's got an engaging mind and is fierce and smart. Sebastian is a good match for her although I didn't flat out lov
    Jamie :)
    Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
    **Thanks so much Harlequin and Netgalley for an advanced copy of this book! All thoughts and opinions are my own!**

The Princess Plan was a very enjoyable light read. Characters that are easily lovable in their light heartedness regardless of their predictability. This is the type of book you sandwich in between two really heavy INTENSE fantasy books because you just need some mush without having to worry about your characters life hanging in the balance every two seconds (THE AGONY)
    Carole Burant
    Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
    I finally had the chance to read this book and I must say I was a bit disappointed in it, it really went on much too long and the whole story just dragged for me. I did love Eliza's character, she was so perky and funny but I couldn't warm up to Sebastian's character. As for the murder mystery plot and Eliza helping Sebastian figure out who the murderer is, I also found that to drag on.

I received an ARC of this book via NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
    Kari Marie
    The Princess Plan is a historical romance. I started out devouring this book. By 50% in I had to force myself to continue. The middle got a little boring. The prince lost his one and only best friend and all he can think about is some girl. This dude barely grieved. I give this book a sold 3 stars. The characters had some good moments in the beginning but by the middle it was boring.

Thank you to NetGalley for the free copy. This is an honest review.
    Helena#bookdreamer
    Thank you netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
    Unfortunately I was not taken by this historical romance about a prince looking for an English bride. Julie is spunky and surprised to find herself within royal circles. Despite her quirky and curious personality it wasn't enough to hold my interest. this novel dragged with flowerly language and a boring prince. Just not my cup of tea.
    Kathy Bunbury
    Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Absolutely delightful! Eliza is humorous and so down to earth she is refreshingly real. The story has an interesting sub plot with a murder mystery and the detective work that Eliza undertakes feels realistic. A satisfying solution and the ultimate resolution make for a romance that makes you believe that love can conquer all!
    Molly
    Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I want to say I have love Julia London's books for awhile. I love this new series. The story is about
    Prince Sebastian of Alucia and Eliza Tricklebank who runs the gossip gazette. They are trying to find the person responsible. This was a very fun read. I liked Eliza very much.

Jessica Grogan
    Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
    I don’t feel like Julia London’s writing is for me. I really enjoy reading the hero’s POV and didn’t feel like there was much of that in here. And I’m not into the hero being with someone else after he’s met the heroine at all.

*I received an eARC from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
    « previous 1 3 4 next »

• Dukes, Actually (12 Dukes of Christmas # 5)
    • This Earl of Mine (Bow Street Bachelors, #1)
    • How to Love a Duke in Ten Days (Devil You Know, #1)
    • The Highlander's Christmas Bride (Clan Kendrick, #2)
    • The Gift of the Marquess (Love is All Around #2)
    • The Red Hot Earl (Love is All Around #1)
    • Highland Jewel (Royal Highlander, #2)
    • Never Have I Ever With a Duke (The Spitfire Society #1)
    • Christmas Angels
    • The Duke's Bride (12 Dukes of Christmas #6)
    • Seduction on a Snowy Night
    • Bachelors of Bond Street
    • The Marquis She's Been Waiting For (The Marriage Game, #9)
    • When the Marquess Was Mine (The Wagers of Sin, #3)
    • Once Upon a Cowboy Christmas (River Ranch, #3)
    • Project Duchess (Duke Dynasty, #1)
    • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
    • One Night to Remember (Wicked Dukes Club #5)
    Julia London is the New York Times and USA Today best selling author of more than two dozen romantic fiction novels. She is the author of the popular historical romance series, the Cabot Sisters, including The Trouble with Honor, The Devil Takes a Bride, and The Scoundrel and the Debutante. She is also the author of several contemporary romances, including Homecoming Ranch, Return to Homecoming Ranch, and ...more

A Royal Wedding (2 books)
    • A Royal Kiss and Tell (A Royal Wedding, #2)