Start by marking “Trickster (Georgina Garrett Series Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Trickster (Georgina Garrett Series Book 1)

Trickster (Georgina Garrett Series Book 1)

As World War One is announced a baby girl is born into a harsh life on London streets. Little do people realise that she's going to grow up to rule the borough of Battersea.

With a father who steals for a living, a grandmother who's a woman of the night and a mother long dead, Georgina was ne

Published April 16th 2019 by Aria

To ask other readers questions about Trickster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trickster

Louise Wilson
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Georgina Garrett was born to be ruthless and she's about to earn her reputation. As World War 1 was announced a baby girl was born into the harsh life on London Streets. Little do people realise that she is going to grow up to rule the borough of Battersea.

I was gripped from the very first page of this new crime thriller series. George's (Georgina) mother dies while giving birth to her. Her father takes her to live with his mother so that he can go out on the rob to help pay for their keep. Even
Dash fan
5☆ I can't Recommend this Gritty Thriller Enough!

TRICKSTER is a Gritty, Enthralling, Pacy, thriller that delves into the highs and lows, heart breaks, of growing up the daughter of a thief and learning the ropes, whilst trying to stay strong and fearless, no matter what life throws at her!

George (aka Georgina) has had a very colourful upbringing, her mother died during child birth, her Dad Jack unable to cope moves in with his Mum and Step Dad as they help raise her.

It's set in the war times an
Lou
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Trickster is the first book in the Georgina Garrett series, set in London 1914 and what a great page-turner it is. At the time women were viewed as being of less intelligence and less productive when compared to men, so in order to get around this Georgina becomes George to ensure her survival. Raised as a boy by her father she grows up to be a ruthless woman at the very heart of her families criminal dealings. This is an action-packed, gripping read from beginning to end and demands to be read ...more
michelle
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trickster by Sam Michaels is her debut novelt and what a fantastic read it is. I requested it because one I love historical fiction but, also love Gangland crime and I was excited to see it both in the same book.
It’s around the time of World War one, in the poorest areas of Battersea. Georgina Garrett is born but, her mother dies in childbirth. Her father a local thief, lives with their gran who is a prostitute. Her father for her safety brings her up dressed up as a boy and changes her name to
beverley ann
Absolutely brilliant

Georgina Garrett was born in Battersea 1914, her mother sissy died during giving birth, been brought up by her father Jack and gran Dulcie. War was declared and Jack was wheeling and dealing making a crust, his daughter was his world, and he didn't want to get called up. The year's go by and George as she is called grows up. The characters I loved in this book it's so fast paced as you read. It's a book you don't want to put down. I loved this book, gripping, mind blowing, ha
Mandy Desay
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what an amazing read!! It’s hard to believe this is Sam’s debut novel, and what a debut it is. Everything is thrown into this book, it has it all with no time to take a breath, it constantly keeps you on your toes right from the first to the last page. A fantastic read that I would highly recommend and I cannot wait to read more from Sam, she is amazing.
donna simpson
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book

Well what a fab book it kept me turning the pages, can’t wait for the second instalment.First class all the way well done
Kim Mooney
What a cracking debut book, this author is going to go a long way. I loved all of the characters in this book and the descriptions by the author gave me a really clear picture of them making the book all the more enjoyable.

Battersea, London. Dulcie, who's only way to keep a roof over her head is to prostitute is Jack's mum, Jack is a small-time crook thieving/pickpocketing anything he can get his hands on to sell. Jacks wife Cissy dies giving birth to a little girl named Georgina. Georgina is h
Gia
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is 1914. World War I has just been declared. Poverty is the way of life for residents of Battersea. In a small, derelict room, with her final breath, young Sissy names her newborn baby girl. Georgina Garrett was born of pain and marked for suffering from her first mouthful of air.

Georgina is raised by her thieving father Jack, and her tough-as-nails grandmother Dulcie. They live hand- to-mouth off what Jack can steal, trade or sell. Their survival depends on it.

When the unthinkable happens
Jane Hunt
Set in the early 20th-century ‘Trickster’ follows the fortunes of Georgina Garrett from her birth in 1914 when England declared war on Germany. Georgina knows tragedy from her first breath, she is no stranger to loss and falls foul of the depravity she is born into, despite the love and protection of her family.

This historical crime saga is characterised by well-researched historical detail, which brings the story to life. It’s easy to imagine the poverty, depravity and violence of the London sl
Tammie
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Trickster

A real heartwarming story of a woman having to defy the odds of standing up to bully men. George is brought in to the world in tragic circumstances and this continues to be the path that is laid out for her. The one thing is though George won’t stand and take it no matter what the cost.
Patsy
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow Wow what a brilliant book

I wish I you give this book more stars .I have never heard of this author before but thought I would give it ago Georgina Garrett well done the pages just went on and on and every chapter was brilliant I couldn't put the book down can't wait for her next novel I'm sure once I give a review more people will buy and certainly will not be disappointed.well done .
Ann Ramsey
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

This book has a bit of everything in it, love, laughter, hardship and much more. George has a hard life she is tormented by Billy and their dislike for each other continues in the book. George becomes friends with Molly and their friendship leads them to a new venture but will Billy destroy it along with everything else he sets out to destroy.
Andey Vernon
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read

Brilliant book, brilliant read couldn't put it down read it in two days !! Very empowering and uplifting ... Shows you how strong women can really be, a very fast paced book brilliantly wrote , true life strong characters really looking forward to the next book.... Defenetly worth reading.
Phyl Morris
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it

You really felt for the characters, i was so engrossed.Sam has written this beautifully. There was no repetitiveness like with some recent books i have read by notable authors. I will be looking out for more of your books. Thankyou.
Gwen Cunningham
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, from the first page to the last!!! I recommend it to everyone to read it.

It certainly put my heart rate up many times. I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
J Wadsworth
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb

Loved this book recommend to anyone who likes a gritty story. Every page captivating reading. Great character Georgina Garrett. Can’t wait until her next thrilling instalment.
kelly skelton
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book highly recommend!

Great writing and storyline once started couldn't stop reading it always the sign of a good book highly recommend this book .
sue pensom
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good

Enjoyed the book hope there is a sequel to this love to find out what happens to them all especially Georgina and flash
Deborah
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story, the thing that put me off throughout the book was the bad language.,
but that's just my opinion.
Jody Wheeler
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

This book was brilliant. I just hope that the author writes another book soon. I couldn't put this book down.
Martha Brindley
Apr 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a really good debut novel by Sam Michaels. Set in Battersea, starting in 1914, Georgina's mother died giving birth to her. Raised by her father and grandmother as a boy, she fights for survival. The book gripped me from the start and I liked the characters. Thanks to Net Galley for my ARC.
Carol Mageean
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book appealed to me from the description and I must admit it gripped me from page one right through - I’m. notI going to reveal the storyline but all I can say is I was totally hooked by the characters and so many unexpected twists and turns just loved it. I would highly recommend but make sure you have got time to read it - lucky for me I was on holiday so uninterrupted pleasure and really did not wish to finish it. Try it you won’t regret it and I am waiting patiently for the next best se ...more
Brid
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sam Michaels you are an absolute genius. You are an amazing find!! I absolutely loved Trickster and couldn't put it down!
George or should I say Georgina is born in the poorest areas. Her/his mother dies in childbirth and so begins George's story.
Raised as a boy by his/her father who's an accomplished thief and his/her grandmother life is one long, hard and rough struggle!
Please tell me there's another one soon. Definitely recommend it and it deserves more than five stars!!
Shirley
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, Sam Michaels what have you done to me, I was a quivering wreak throughout this book, what an utterly amazing, outstanding read Trickster was, the whole story was filled with action all the way through, I loved every single minute of this book and is so very highly recommended and can't wait for the next series.

I cannot praise this book enough!!!!
maurice rafferty
Peter cudlip
Apr 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Georgina Garrett Series 1 1 Apr 19, 2019 11:28PM
Sam Michaels writes gritty gangland sagas set in Battersea, South London, which is where she was born and bred, the council estates being her playground.

After leaving school at sixteen with no qualifications, Sam married soon after and had a son. The marriage ended quickly, and as a single mother, she worked in various retail positions until undertaking an Open University degree. This led to Sam b