Start by marking “Home (A Grimm Cases Novella, #1)” as Want to Read:
Home (A Grimm Cases Novella, #1)

Home

(Grimm Cases Novellas #1)

They don't pay attention to me so long as they think I can't see them.

That's how I've lived my whole life being able to see spirits.

Pretending to be normal begins to pay off though. Despite my weirdness, things are finally getting better. Somehow, I found a home with parents and a new life.

No one needs to know.

But then I meet Finn.

He's in my class, and is slowly
Published March 14th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Home

Start your review of Home (A Grimm Cases Novella, #1)
Siobhan
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Grimm Cases by Lyla Oweds is a series that has me hooked, and I was happy to dive into this novella to find out more. In fact, it was the perfect quick read to keep me hooked on the series.

Although I enjoyed this one, it is a story that creates more questions than answers. There are some insights that are nice to see, certain elements that I enjoyed watching, but there were no solid answers provided to overarching questions. Although this left me with more questions than answered, I was happ
Annette
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reverse-harem
I was still doubting whether I was gonna read the third book first or the novella. But since the novella has been released before the third book I thought that reading in publication order would never hurt. And originally I was gonna read this novella tomorrow, but then I realized I have an entire day of doing nothing ahead of me and that the other book I plan to read is also only 350 pages and I was like "Why not read this novella first, so I can read the third book in the series tomorrow?"

And
Kayla
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5/5 (rounded to 5)
I’m so happy this book came out because I wanted to know Bianca’s past and how she and Finn became friends. This book explained a lot about how Bianca came to be with her “parents” and Finn. We learned more about Finn in here and I’m glad we did because I was starting to resent him in Book 1 (Origins) but this book showed us why Finn did things the way he did (it wasn’t the best way but the thought is what counts). I felt so bad for Bianca and what she went through so
Ana Cordoba
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
If there was an intention to make the reader garner sympathy for Finn, it didn't work. Despite his intentions, Finn's abusive behavior in the following books is not okay. I'm actually kinda disturbed that some readers think Finn should be part of the harem.

Moving on, I liked that what happened when Bianca first met Finn was explained, as well as more of Bianca's mistreatment by her previous foster home. It made some of her reactions to things makes more sense. This story left me with more quest
Mabel
May 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book because it offers a much-needed glimpse into the relationship between Finn and Bianca, as well as a more human side to her parents who, in the main series, still come off as something closer to monsters than any type of well-meaning people. It is important for the over-all story and I’m glad I read it.

That said, I didn’t much care for the writing. It’s not bad – it is quite on par with the main series, and the writing there is one of my favorite parts of this saga -- but it r
KiKi
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

It was a great and totally unexpected experience. This book came by recommendation from the RH Newsletter it was a total cover art selection because I was looking for a book that would fit into a certain criteria. I expected a modern editorial of a Grimm fairy tale, but instead I was pulled into this new world of characters and a completely original mystery that I can’t wait to unfold. I wonder if this series will eventually ally to favor the edited Grimm tales for the modern reader Or, wil
Missy Brown
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Home is just a quick look into Bianca and Finn's story. If you have read the Grimm Series than you know that she was best friends with him and then you know what happens after that. Well here we get to see their back story. If you are looking to see if he was just so sweet and see him in a different light, nope. I personally feel he is still not on my top fave list, but I will admit a small part of me does want to see him in her harem at the end. I could change my mind, and most likely will.

But
Dawntay Armonta
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This a journey in to a world were everyone thinks they know best. Sadly so not true. This story is a very good read, and sets up the next book nicely. You have great characters, good story line, flows well, well written. This leaves you wanting more. This book shows people will do anything and say anything in the claims of love and protection. Your main female is very young, as this starts out, but you will want to protect her from those they love her. This is a very good read, and should be add ...more
Christina M Condy
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Home was a great quick read for fans of the Grimm Cases series.

This was included in the Mu book which included books 1-3 in the series.

I must admit that while I enjoyed this book I found it difficult at times to relate to Bianca as an 8-year-old. She just seemed to have the thought processes of someone far older. But then I remembered that Bianca is the reincarnation of Mu and that she has been around for a very long time. So I believe that part of her true self comes through.

All in all it was
Nerdy Housewifey
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sigh

I just ... I hate Finn. I’m pretty vocal about it. I don’t do passive fury, no I want to watch him burn... then bring him back to life and see him burn again. So a prequel that tries to humanize him, eh. I still love Bianca, just being in her head is a treat to me, and I enjoyed finding out more about how she grew up and what she went through, but you won’t change or convert me 🙅🏻‍♀️ #FinnNeedsToDie #FinnHater4Ever
Lauren
Mar 14, 2019 rated it liked it
What??

I feel like this book didn’t answer any of the questions I already had about Bianca’s past. Instead, it’s like more vague info was dumped to create more questions. :\
I still hate Finn. And her adoptive parents. And Dr.Reed. Really, my hate list and question list have just gotten longer. Everyone made dumb decisions in this book.
I am looking forward to the next book in the series though.
Alyrica
Intriguing Novella

Even though this novella left me with more questions than answers, I really enjoyed it. After the previous books, I really wanted to know more about Bianca and Finn. In this novella you get a glimpse though it was super vague and a bit confusing. Normally, this would frustrate me but instead I am anxious to read the next book. I don't want to spoil anything so all I will say is I felt badly for Bianca and conflicted about Finn.
Che
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My little precious Bianca.

So many questions, so little answers. Being inside Bianca's head is also such an interesting experience. On paper she's the type of FMC i absolutely HATE but there's something about her that so naive and precious that i just want to protect her from the harsh world she's in.

Its was nice seeing how her friendship with Finn started.

I'm not so patiently waiting on the book 3.
Katherine Victoria
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read in the series so I was pretty confused but I actually liked it. You get the entire book from the perspective of Bianca so if she doesn’t know what’s going on neither do you. I spent the entire book wondering what was going on. Great book and I will be reading the rest of the series soon.
TipseyBookReviews
In this novella prequel, We see Biance when she is 8 years old, and is adopted by the Greiers. There are some allusions to some past traumas, although nothing is explicitly detailed. I liked that we get more hints as to what may have been going on around Bianca. Having read both Origins and Ghost before this, I was surprised I actually liked Finn in this story. Maybe he can be redeemed :)
Mona  Brown
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Prequels

I really enjoy prequels, they answer some questions for you and then leave you with others that make you want the next book right now. I am glad that I was able to get a glimpse into the past to see what happened to our favorite people. My thoughts about a certain few are still up in the air. It's a must read
KUAvidReader
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love that we get a glimpse into Bianca and Finn’s back story. It brings to light more of how their friendship came to be. Still brings up more questions which I can wait to read the answers to in the upcoming books.
Alexandri Duesterbeck
Loved this book.

I loved this book. I feel like I have a better understanding of the characters. So far ive loved all the books in this series. The author has me looking forward to each book and what happens next.
Ash
I am so conflicted now.

Paranormal. Prequel. 8yr old Bianca's meeting for her adopted parents and Finn. It totally puts things into perspective and gives you EVEN MORE questions. 😂 Loved it.
Katie Hoffman
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a good novella. Answered some of the questions I had about Bianca's past. Not all but the majority. Good story. Really like this series so far and this book helped to understand more. On to see what happens next ...more
Amber
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Poor Bianca

Quick read about Bianca and Finn meeting. I think Finn is still a jerk and reading this didn't change my opinion. Making her think she is crazy wasn't the right thing. Hope to find more answers in book 3.
Essi
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've enjoyed this series since the first book and this book was no different. I'm glad we got some insight into Bianca's beginnings and what happened with Finn in her childhood. I can't wait to see what happens next! ...more
Rebekah Jays
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg

I loved Bianca origin story, I can't believe I didn't read it first this makes origins perfect now in my opinion and it was so completely amazing to begin with. I wish I could give this 10 stars...
Ann White
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good

Loved it. Loved the characters and storyline. I have already read the first three books of this series and this has answered some questions I had. Can’t wait for Hidden to come out.
Christina Waninger
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Insight

Great insight into the younger versions of Bianca and Finn. As well as her adoptive parents and how everything led to her going to college.

Again it answers a lot of questions but there are so many more that need answered. Can’t wait to find them out!
Jessica  Bober
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This novella gives you a lot of information about Finn and Bianca's back story and helps you understand them a lot more. I love these characters and all of their complicated histories and intertwining lives. ...more
Samantha Pontious
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
Amazing from beginning to end!
samantha young
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book. Loved getting a look into what went on before college and the background between Bianca and Finn. Even though now it makes me not hate him as bad.
Linda Knoll
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg I totally loved this book and the povs that was also included in this book. Definitely can't wait to read more. Great job ...more
Melinda Collins
Good book

This was a very interesting read because I love the series. I feel like it should have had more detail about Bianca before her adopted life but otherwise I enjoyed it.

• Demon Kissed (Darkest Flames, #1)
  • The Storm We Face (Together We Fall, #3)
  • The Light We Seek (Together We Fall, #2)
  • Save Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #3)
  • The Darkness We Crave (Together We Fall, #1)
  • Guns and Graveyards (Beyond the Shadows, #2)
  • Cardinal Caged (The Cardinal, #2)
  • Free Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #2)
  • Gangs And Ghosts (Beyond The Shadows, #1)
  • The Monsters We Hunt (Together We Fall, #4)
  • Assembly (Feral Souls Trilogy, #2)
  • Seven Wishes (The Caelum Academy Trilogy, #1)
  • Shadows and Shade (Shadows and Shade, #1)
  • Eight Souls (The Caelum Academy Trilogy #2)
  • The Cardinal Bird (The Cardinal, #1)
  • Book of the Dead: AESLI-00 (The JAK2 Cycle, #1)
  • Brand New Blade (Angel Academy #1)
  • Nine Lives (The Caelum Academy Trilogy #3)
Lyla Oweds is an Amazon Bestselling paranormal romance and urban fantasy author who resides in the beautiful Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania. She grew up near Gettysburg, Pennsylvania and is a native of Baltimore, Maryland, and has a deep appreciation for the paranormal, hauntings, and Edgar Allan Poe. As such, she loves all things fantasy, mystery, crime, and horror.

When not reading, writing, or w

News & Interviews