Start by marking “Tainted Souls (An Assassin's Love #1)” as Want to Read:
Tainted Souls (An Assassin's Love #1)

Tainted Souls

(An Assassin's Love #1)

Once upon a time, we were best friends. Only two years older than me, Stryker, was my protector, but he couldn't protect me the night I was taken from my family, my village...him.

I've grown up in the confines of my cell in the dungeon. I'm now a woman trained to be an assassin, and I have my next target. However, there's something familiar in the eyes staring back at me.

I
Published January 25th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Tainted Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tainted Souls

Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
This read I inhaled in one sitting. It’s a quick read and I would have loved more.

Stryker and Izabella were the best of friends. Both of their lives changed when she was kidnapped at eight years old. Izabella is trained up to be an assassin.

I really liked this story but felt it was rushed. I’d so have loved a longer story and more story told. Having said that I enjoyed this and can’t wait to read more of the series.
Mary Brannian
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stryker knew, at age 10, that he had met his one: his heart, his soul’s twin, his forever love. Izabella was two years younger, but it didn’t matter. She belonged to him…. Until she didn’t.
At age 8, Izabella was stolen from her parents, from her home, from the only life she ever knew… and was forever changed. Robbed of her childhood, of her sense of self, Izabella becomes a trained assassin, a weapon to be used by her Maitre: a tainted soul.
Stryker vows to someday, somehow, someway find and free
Kathi
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
The story was different, so if you are looking for not your typical book this could be one for you. This was an interesting read, but dragged in so many places for me which made reading it difficult. If it had some parts taken out it would have been so much better, only my opinion.
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am not going to spoil this book for you but I will tell you this ,

Holy crap , this book is totally not what I was expecting. We have Izzy who is 8 and Stryker who is 10 these two are best friends and he knows she is meant to be his but that night their lives are forever changed and Izzy is taken .
Stryker and the village they live in is forever changed and so is Izzy.
This book has a villian of course but it has true love, assassins, lies exposed, and second chances at life.
I can not wait for th
Tiffany Readz
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars-On the Fence with This One

Like this book, I'm going to be all over the place with my review. The blurb interesting, as well as the cover for the book, however I should have noticed then that they didn't necessarily match up. The blurb talking about a village, which makes you think the story is a period piece and the cover showing a man in a modern hoodie.

They knew they loved each other at kids. Even after all the years of separation, once they met again, it was all they could to stay
Crystal
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Title: Tainted Souls
Author: Colbie Kay & K. B. Bennett
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Drama
**RECEIVED ARC FOR HONEST REVIEW**
I have loved Colbie Kay's work since I found her first MC series. I have always felt she has had a way of writing that is simplistic in delivery but power in the emotions her words evoke. Her characters appear as run of the mill cookie cutter romance "heroes" and "heroines". Underneath each one there is that something special that makes them endearing, flawed but worthy,
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stryker & Izabella were best friends, and he knew that she was the one for him, even at 10 years old, but on her 8th birthday, she was taken from her parents home, not to be seen again. Stryker was forever changed that day, and vowed to find her. Izabella's nightmare had just begun, as she was tortured, robbed of her childhood & who she was, and trained up as an assassin. Now she's a tainted soul, to be used by her Maitre, however he wishes. As Izabella is tasked to assassinate a man, sh ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(3 stars)

Stryker and Izzy were the best of friends, soul mates. Stryker knew even at the young age of 10 that Izzy was meant to be his.. until she was stolen away in the night. For Izzy, life as she knew it was gone forever, in it's place was a hell on earth. Years passed and Izzy is a trained assassin that now has no memory of her life before the torture began. When she is given her next assignment things don't go as planned. What happens when the man she was sent to kill kno
Maria Vickers
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tainted Souls by Colbie Kay and KB Bennett is a different kind of dark romance that delves into what can happen when you get wrapped up with the wrong person. Izzy is taken, Stryker is determined to save her...one day. As children, he swore to protect her, and when she comes to kill him, he has to protect himself, his village, and possibly his heart. Nothing is quite what it seems though. There are a lot of secrets and things lurking in the shadows.

Overall, I enjoyed the story. I wish there wer
Angela Mabee
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have loved all Colbie Kay’s books that I have read, and I also enjoyed K. B. Bennett’s book but this book with them writing together was filled wonderful writing and well-developed characters. Izzy and Stryker’s love story is a little darker than what I normally read but I loved it. Izzy and Stryker are childhood best friends and Izzy is taken from her family but Stryker vows to avenge what has been done to not only Izzy’s family but the village by the villain. Once I started reading, I could ...more
Teri
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This read is not for the faint of heart. These two new to me authors bring a book filled with loss of children and souls. Stolen at a young age tortured and turned into an assassin she unknowingly returns to her village. Memories stolen. Innocence ripped from them without remorse. He never stopped looking for her, working towards her rescue. This story tells of rape and torture, years of abuse. It's a crazy read that takes you to a dark and ugly place. Your emotions will be ripped and torn until ...more
Lynne Garlick
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy shizz!! This writing duo are the shizz! They are seamless, you cannot tell that two authors have written this. That in its self is a skill! And then you turn the first page!!
And I was gone! I could not put this down and read it in one sitting. There were times where I feared for the safety of my kindle as my grip got tighter, the further into Izzy and Stryker's story I went. But it held strong, just like my belief that love will shine light into the darkest of souls and shadows. I don't wan
Gwen Shafer
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This two together are amazing. So well written ,amazing characters,freaking amazing storyline. I loved Izzy and Stryker. Such a great connection between these two.Izzy is kidnapped and turned into something no one should ever be. She goes after the one person that can change her life.But will he be able to save her after all this time? Loved it. Can't wait until I get the next . Two great writers join together to write an amazing book.
Julie Jackson
Reviewed for SNS

No spoilers here. Izzy and Stryker are best friends and then Izzy is taken. He is desperate but as time go on, he knows they will never get her back. One mission later and Izzy finds herself behind bars. The man questioning here looks familiar but she doesn’t know him. This book was fabulous. The writing was spot on and flowed effortlessly. Excellent writing with a storyline that is breathless. A definite must read.
Lisa McKeon
Feb 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
The abstract made me think that this book would be right up my street. Nope! Hugely disappointing story. Initially I thought it was set in the eighteen hundreds.. their village has no electricity blah blah blah! The randomly inserted french stereotyping didn't help things and then throw in the magic memory wiping serum. I read to the end because of various positive reviews. I can't believe I was reading the same book!
Angel
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! Colbie Kay has written a absolutely fantastic book. It is a little darker than I usually read but I loved it. Izzy and Stryker were best friends torn apart from one another. Once you start reading this book you will not be able to put it down until you have finished it. I cannot wait for the next book.
I received this ARC for a honest review
Dustie Rice
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A must read.

This book was different than I normally read but it was beautifully written. It was full of emotions it was dark, suspenseful, and left you wanting more. Izzy and Stryker have a bond that can and does withstand it all and love wins in the end. Can't wait to see where they go with this series.
Michelle
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have read everything from Colbie Kay and KB Bennett so this one was a surprise for me with it being a bit darker but once i started it i couldnt put it down it won me over by chapter 2 Izzy and Stryker’s love story is darker than what I i thought it was going to be but it was really well written the flow was fantastic its a must read
Char Nolan
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book it was darker than this authors normal books but I love this type of book and Colbie Kay writing is brilliant where you really get a feel for the characters and surroundings it actually feels like you know the area and people I really looking forward to the next book
Melissa Ledet
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this dark romance story about Stryker and Izzy. Love all the twist and turns that keeps you flipping the pages.
Favorite quote: Stryker ~ “...a Mand is never whole until he finds the woman who owns the other half of his soul.”
Angie Petray
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not for the faint of heart! Tainted Souls is one of those books that stay with you long after you've finished. This book will make you feel every emotion, especially the "what the f***" ones. If you live through the torture you're in for an amazing love story. A Must read by KB and Colbie!!
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.5

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~Linds
Chanika Taylor
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
You know how you start reading and dont know how to feel about it but you keep reading. I need more! I have so many thoughts and guesses on where this series will go. Liking what's to coming
Tammi
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is dark!! It has subject that will make you cringe and whince at the treatment of our heroine. But the authors warn you and I applaud that. I don't have triggers but some readers do and there are warnings without spoilers. That is why I applaud them.
Young friendship torn apart in the cruelest way. Izzy is taken away and tortured for so long. Stryker continues live with half his heart missing but rescue and revenge are always his plans.
What an interesting way to have these characters re
Melinda