Start by marking “Abracadabra Whoopsie” as Want to Read:
Abracadabra Whoopsie

Abracadabra Whoopsie

What if you could make your little sister disappear? When Jordy discovers a magic wand, he learns he can do just that. But after the wand is stolen, Jordy must recover it or risk losing his sister forever!
Published February 5th 2019 by Mascot Books

To ask other readers questions about Abracadabra Whoopsie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abracadabra Whoopsie

Start your review of Abracadabra Whoopsie
Betty
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Totally adorable!

Jordy gets frustrated because his little sister Keeka breaks his toys and his crayons, rips up his drawings, slobbers on things, and steals all the attention. He just wants her to disappear.

One night, in a dream, he is visited by an old man who says Jordy can make his sister disappear. Just wave the magical wand – say the magical words – and she will be gone. To get her back, just reverse the words – Whoopsie Abracadabra.

When he awakens the old man is gone, but the stick lies
Cheryl
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet, charming read. Young readers will have a good time reading this book. For the most part, they will be able to read the book on their own. The biggest words are the title of the book. Any older sibling will be able to relate to Jordy's predicament with his sister. The love/hate relationship. The ending ends with a plot twist. ...more
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun fun book with a big message about the messy but beautiful relationship between siblings. Jordy has a younger sister named Keeka. She's always getting into his things and he just wishes she could just disappear so she wouldn't be around to wreck his things. One day his wish comes true and Jordy is thrilled, but then something unexpected happens.

Those of us who grew up with brothers and sisters can relate to sibling rivalry. I wished I had had a magic wand when I was a kid so I
Amy
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Abracadabra Whoopsie is such a good little book for younger readers by Adam Kargman. It was so cute and sweet that made my own young ones stay captivated from start to finish. I was just as entertained as they were and enjoyed teaching them some valuable lessons that was within the pages of the book. The lessons are some that all readers – young and old – could learn from. We always have to be careful for what we wish for and we never know what we have until it is gone. Always appreciate for wha ...more
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
What if you had the ability to magically make your sibling disappear? Jordy gets this opportunity thanks to a magic genie, and he couldn’t be happier…until things start to go a bit wrong.

I really liked this book. It has a great message about the importance of family, and it’s an exciting story for children to read! Jordy was a character that I’m sure every brother or sister can relate to. Siblings annoy each other, it is bound to happen. In our house, it happens approximately 1,323,754 times per
Connie Carpenter
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My boys and I loved this book. They are 9 and 7 and fight all the time. After we read this book they ran around with pencils pretending to make each other disappear.
In this book, Jordy is very frustrated with all the mess that his sister makes all the time. She knocks down Jordy's buildings and rips up his drawings. One day Jordy feels that Keeka has gone too far and tells Keeka "I wish you would just disappear!" When we got to this part - this gave the boys an excellent opportunity to discuss
Shanza
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone.
Abracadabra Whoopsie by Adam Kargman and illustrated by Tristan Tait is a children’s book and a great and interesting read. Abracadabra Whoopsie is such a fun and amazing read and the artwork is so beautiful 🔥 and enticing.

Abracadabra Whoopsie revolves around two siblings, Jordy and Keeka.
The book shows the bond between siblings and also portrays the sibling rivalry so beautifully and correctly making the book so much enjoyable.

The characters of the book are so relatable. As an elder sister to a
Debbie Smith
Dec 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Looking for a magical way to teach siblings to appreciate each other. This is it. The illustrations are colorful and the story should easily capture a child’s interest.

Like many siblings, Jordy sometimes grows tired of having a little sister bother his things. So when he’s visited one night by Perziluzo, he’s given a magic wand to take care of his little sister problems. With the wand he can cast a spell to make her disappear. Then when he’s ready he can reverse the spell and she will reappear.
Cover Lover Book Review
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Poof!
This children's book is so cute!

As one of five kids, I find it easy to relate to little Jordy when he wishes his little sister would stop bothering him and disappear. I love that, magically, Jordy gets his way! With the help of a genie and a wand, he's able to make his sister disappear. Only it isn't as fulfilling as he'd first thought. When things take a turn for the worse, Jordy realizes he should be careful what he wishes for.

I love the light-hearted feel of this tale and the underly
Dawn
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I chose to read this book after receiving a free copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

I love this silly book! As the oldest child, I understand Jordy’s frustration with his little sister and wanting her to disappear. Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could use a magic stick once in a while to make someone disappear?

Of course, Jordy is in heaven being able to poof his sister away whenever he gets frustrated or annoyed. But what if she disappears forever? He realizes tha
Debbie Cooper
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For those of you with siblings you know how hard life can be at times. Especially if you are the older sibling. This book is so extremely relatable to most children. Think back to your childhood - wouldn't you have loved to have a wand that could make your little brother/sister disappear and come back with a couple words?? I'm sure we all would have taken advantage of the want just like Jordy did.

However, when Jordy had his want stolen and thought he may never see his little sister again, thing
Jasmine
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Abracadabra Whoopsie is a silly children's book that I think readers of all ages can relate to. It's a story of an older brother being annoyed by his younger sister and wishing she would just go away. So when he gets a magic wand that lets him poof her away whenever he wants, he takes full advantage. But one day his sister doesn't return. What will Jordy do now?
This is a quick, easy read that teaches kids that even though they may find their siblings frustrating or annoying sometimes, not having
Dawnny
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jordy is tired of his little sister breaking his toys and annoying him. He wishes she would just disappear. When Jordy finds a magic wand he discovers if he says abracadabra whoopsie she disappears. When he wants her to return he says it in reverse, whoopsie abracadabra and she returns. When one time she doesn't return Jordy realizes how much he loves his little sister. Once she returns she turns the table on Jordy when she has the magic wand. This was cute and I loved the illustrations.

Gina R Mitchell
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This delightful children’s book is a must for any family with more than one child. The story portrays a whimsical look at sibling rivalry.

Everyone can relate to Jordy’s problems with his little sister, Keeka. He finds a unique solution to his problem. When the situation is out of control, he realizes he might have made a mistake. The moral of this story is love overpowers all.

The illustration of Abracadabra Whoopsie by Tristan Tait makes the story come to life.

This beautiful, touching book shou
LAWonder10
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a somewhat whimsical story. I am uncertain whether or not it is a wise one.

An older Brother is often irritated with his little sister. The solution to his problem is not the best!

The story is simple enough for ages 3-5, yet fun enough for ages 3-8.

The Illustrator, Tristin Tate, created the images in cartoon characterization. The images are bright and colorful. Young children will surely find them entertaining .
The Book is a quality hardcover, with good quality pages.

*This book was gifted
Stephanie Norton
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very cute children's book talking about a first child having to deal with the new baby. When it comes to grade level reading I would say 2nd-3rd grade because there are some tricky long words in this book. Tristian Tait did an amazing job with the illustration. Every page had some really fun details. Some of the drawings remind a little of Manga. This is a great bedtime story. The best part about this book it had a surprise twist I never saw coming. ...more
Safa Kidwai
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb book about little siblings. We’ve all been there... dealing with the annoying little brother/sister. Sometimes wishing they would just disappear, but what if you could actually make that happen? This book is a funny way of telling us what would happen if we had that power!
Barbara Waloven
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun read that has a moral that many youngsters with sibling(s) won’t forget. Lots of colorful detail in the pages that will prompt discussion between reader and listener.
Mindy
Zachary Harless
Feb 21, 2021

• M.C. Plays Hide and Seek
  • Dragons Don't Dance Ballet
  • Mia and Nattie: One Great Team!
  • I Can Handle It (Mindful Mantras, #1)
  • Explore the World of Chemistry: The Ultimate Alphabet Book for Nanoscale Scientists!
  • Dear Brave Friend
  • It's Me
  • Journey To A New Earth: Penelope Panda and Kobi Koala Discover A New Earth
  • In the Nick of Time
  • This Is The Earth
  • Mickey on the Move
  • The Adventures of Forkman:What that Noise?
  • My Hair Went on Vacation
  • Dream It & Do It: 100 Possibilities, Stories and Real-Life Role Models
  • The Boy Between: A Mother and Son’s Journey From a World Gone Grey
  • Animals at the Office
  • The Goose on the Roof
  • I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU: A poignant story about the foundation of marriage: love, honor, and fidelity—and the heartache of unrequited love.

News & Interviews