Start by marking “Mamma's Moon: The Hoodoo of Peckerwood Finch” as Want to Read:
Mamma's Moon: The Hoodoo of Peckerwood Finch

Mamma's Moon: The Hoodoo of Peckerwood Finch

"Jerome Mark Antil's Mamma's Moon does for Acadiana what Truman Capote did for Tiffany's or Tennessee Williams did for streetcars. This is a novel about a lot of things, including sex, crime, life, and death. But most of all, it's a novel about hope and about love.

Mamma's Moon gives the reader a dramatic and insightful glimpse into the very special world of today's Louisia
Published May 7th 2019 by Little York Books

To ask other readers questions about Mamma's Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mamma's Moon

Start your review of Mamma's Moon: The Hoodoo of Peckerwood Finch
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

This novel is called a sequel novel, but the author relates enough of the story in the Preface that a reader does not need to have read the first book. That being said, I wish that I had read the first book in order to fully appreciate the whole tale.

This is a tale of New Orleans, Acadian Louisiana, and mostly the bond between unlikely friends. The cast includes retired Captain Gabriel Jordan, Boudreaux Clement Finch (Peck), Sasha, Lily Cup Lorelei Tarleton and Millie, along with s
Entrada Book Review
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jerome Mark Antil brings the vibrant New Orleans and its residences to life on every page of this novel. If the reader longs to visit and experience New Orleans and Louisiana they should look no further than Mamma’s Moon. The city’s life, culture, food and music are perfectly woven into the story to create a fantastically immersive narrative; Jerome Mark Antil allows the reader to walk the streets alongside his characters and see the world through their eyes.
Mamma’s Moon is a faultless mix of ev
Jennifer Pierson
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mamma's Moom: The Hoodo of Peckerwood Finch is one of those books that I'm not sure why I signed up for, but absolutely grateful that I did, because I never saw it coming. The completely talented Jerome Mark Antil absolutely transported me to New Orleans, as he brought it to life in my bedroom through pages of this story with his descriptive genius. Not to mention I felt like I was walking with the characters through everything they went through. The story had everything written in from the stea ...more
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This is a story like no other. I have not read a story like this in a long time. It has everything in it from crime, lot's of suspense, and loads of mystery that will have you on the edge of your seat reading wondering what is going to happen next. I kept reading late into the night wondering what was going to happen to the main characters and the characters I have to say they are amazing just simply amazing.

You have Gabe the retired Captain that is dying and all he wants is to see the Jazz Fes
Truly Trendy PR
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mamma's Moon: The Hoodoo of Peckerwood Finch by Jerome Mark Antil is a fast-paced action paced story that pulls you into another world. A world where nothing is what it seems. Antil brings the vibrant New Orleans and its residences to life on every page of this novel drawing you into the story. A story of crime, mystery, and suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat wondering who did it until the very last moment. Mamma's Moon is the perfect read for anyone who loves an action paced t ...more
Kathy Rouchelle
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Extraordinary read! I haven't read anything like this book before and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed every single word of it. This story is fast paced, filled with action, intrigue, suspense and mystery. New Orleans comes to life through the words of this author, and being from Louisiana, this was truly a treat and nice to see things true to form. Edge of your seat story that will have you glued to your seat and to the pages as you race to the finish line of this wonderful thriller.

I hi
Beverly Laude
May 03, 2019
R.K. Emery
Apr 18, 2019
Jessica Elaine
rated it did not like it
Jan 13, 2020
Betty Downs
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This is a must read! It is Rich with Louisiana soul. It's a story about one man searching for his past while embracing his future. He has friends that help him, friends that are as varied and different as the culture of Louisiana.
Rebecca Goss
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The cast of characters in this book are definitely strong individuals. The only character who isn’t already established in their own right is Peck, who seems to tie the group together. They are as quirky, peculiar and delightful as one would expect from the title. I didn’t read the previous book and would strongly recommend a reader to do so. I must admit to feeling a bit lost from time to time without the inside information from the initial book. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy ...more
Bea LaRocca
Kathy
Ally Swanson
MIDWEST REVIEW OF: MAMMA'S MOON BY JEROME MARK 1 2 Mar 15, 2019 11:41AM

• War and Money: Book One
  • Murder in the Bayou: Who Killed the Women Known as the Jeff Davis 8?
  • Kicking Financial Ass