Start by marking “Million Dollar Marriage (Million Dollar, #2)” as Want to Read:
Million Dollar Marriage (Million Dollar, #2)

Million Dollar Marriage

(Million Dollar #2)

From New York Times bestselling author Katy Evans comes a hot romance about two strangers and their race to fall in love.

If someone had bet Nell a million dollars that she would be saying “I do” to a complete stranger on national television, she’d have called them crazy, but with her crushing student loan payments sending her deep into the red, she’s out of options. This

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 266 pages
Published July 23rd 2019 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Million Dollar Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Million Dollar Marriage

MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Penelope "Nell" Carpenter is a 25 yr. old literature major living in Atlanta, Georgia who is deeply in debt with student loans. Out of options she decides to audition for a new hit reality show where the top prize is a million dollars. This could be just what will fix all her problems. The only issue is she's a nerdy introvert who is uptight, high strung, and socially awkward. This show is totally not her scene, and she would be completely out of her comfort zone
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

He’s the first person who gets me. The first person who took the time to take care of me. And the first person in this world I think I might actually trust.

Katy Evans is another one of my most favorite authors. Ever since reading ”REAL” I have been a huge fan. She writes stories that I can’t help but devour. ”MILLION DOLLAR MARRIAGE” takes us on a fun and steamy adventure with two people who at first, seem to be so completely opposite that I
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Who doesn't love a million dollars? Who doesn't love dating shows?

Well...... Lol kidding🤣

Who would fake love for money, lots of money? I could see a lot of responses with this being "Hell Yeah"

Guess you'll have to read this to find out if its love or fake love.....
I definitely enjoyed this installment a lot better than the first book in this series! Definitely worth a pick up for you adventurous readers!!!

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 - 5 Fun Stars ⭐ ...more
Jen
2.5 Stars

Somewhere along this crazy little adventure we’ve been having, played out on television for the entire world to see, I did what I told myself I’d never do.

What can I say? Million Dollar Marriage didn’t exactly light me up. I never connected with either of the main characters and the reality TV aspect didn’t provide enough drama to keep me engaged. There’s nothing wrong with this story, but in the long run, I just didn’t find enough reasons to care.

ARC provided by the publisher in exc
Jacqueline
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Luke and Nell are both strapped for cash so they take part in a reality tv gameshow where they compete against other couples to win a big cash prize.

She's an academic, perpetual student, an introvert who's shy with self esteem issues, drifting through life racking up student loans. He's a social animal, extrovert, rough around the edges and a reformed addict.

I had a hard time with this; I didn't feel any tension or chemistry between them either at the start when they hated one another or later
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
5 ⭐'s

“Sans toi, je ne suis rien.”
"Without you, I am nothing."

To be honest, after reading Million Dollar Devil, I just wasn't interested in reading this book. The premise just didn't grab me but I couldn't let a Katy Evans' book just pass me by and I'm so happy I didn't.

I had no idea it would be about Jimmy's best friend, Luke, who owns the bar Jimmy hangs out at. Let me just say that Luke got under my skin in the best way. I loved the way he talked and how he was so unapologetic!

Penelope (aka
Christine Blake
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Penelope Carpenter, Ph.D. has so many degrees and been in school so long that her student loans bill has come. Now $500,000 in debt and no interest in getting a job because she is shy and has tons of fears is now due. Her vivacious roommate is going for auditions in ATL for Million Dollar Marriage a new reality show and Nell decided to go also because what other way was she going to pay her student loans off. In line waiting she runs into this hot guy that kept staring at her, which she wasn't i ...more
Myla
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Million Dollar Marriage is romantically hilarious. The story is a reality game show a cross between Survivor and Amazing Race. The catch is that the contestant has to be paired and get married to their partner before the show started. A total stranger to each other both Penny and Luke up for the game since they both needed the money. For Penny to pay off her student loan and Luke, the mortgage of his bar. They accepted the challenge and now they just have to figure out how to win withou
Christine
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
This totally ruined The Amazing Race for me. And maybe all other reality shows, too. I found myself wanting to throw my Kindle or shout, "Pack your knives and go!" several times.

I should have loved this book: I'm a huge The Amazing Race stan and romances with brainy heroines are my total catnip. But ugh, no, Penelope "Nell" Carpenter is the worst. Nell has multiple degrees and is about to get her doctorate, but is facing $500K in student loans. For someone supposedly super brainy, Nell figures h
My Pink Fairytales
Behind the scenes ⭐

Imagine a reality show like The Bachelor combined with something like The Amazing Race. Now think if you’d be interested to know what happens behind the scenes. You are? Ok, great! Then this is a book made especially for you.

Considering I DNF-ed the first book in the Million Dollar Series, by some miracle I was granted this ARC for the second book and I actually liked it. A lot!
Our main characters are contestants in a new reality show named Million Dollar Marriage. They’re b
Nicolette (FallingOverBooks)
ARC received thanks to publisher & Netgalley.

superrrrr cuuuute.
Dali
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ever since the dawn of reality TV several decades ago, viewers have been hooked on a different varieties this genre offers. From talent-search shows to home improvement to games. Katy Evans provides a fun and exciting romance developed in a reality TV competition.

Nell Carpenter loves to study so much she’s about the finish her PhD, but focusing solely on her education while avoiding the real world has caused her to amass half a million dollars’ worth of student loans she can’t figure out how to
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
I'm not really a fan of reality TV shows but I picked this book up because it's a Katy Evans book. I Had to try it.

Not really a fan of the plot but I can't say I hated it.
Didn't fall madly in love with the characters and I admit It took me a while to actually enjoy the book. Million Dollar Marriage was a fun read but nothing really to 'nag' your friends into reading it.
Dali

Antonella
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book Playlist; https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...

Imagine all those "Married at first sight" couples to go on "Amazing race", evil producers couple up the most unlikely couples and our couple from this book falls in love...and there you have it the premise of this book.

I like it. I think I even might give it five stars up until 80% of the book.
The ending just kind of ruined the momentum for me.

Overall it is a good romance book.
Can be read as standalone.
Kate R
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
What an entertaining read this was! This was a one sitting read, which hasn’t happened in awhile for me. Nell and Luke go to a reality show audition for a new show called the “Million Dollar Marriage.” These two are complete opposites like polar opposites. He’s rough around the edges, and just had a hard life. She is innocent, hasn’t really dated, or really done anything crazy in her life. They have a rough first meet at the audition and she leaves really not liking him at all. Several months la ...more
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"I don't think the Million Dollar Marriage crew could've picked a couple that is more wrong for each other. But maybe that's just what they wanted."

Truthfully, I am a fan of the author and didn't even read the synopsis, she's an auto-click author for me. But, that being said, she still manages to amaze me with her talent. This story is definitely an #OppositesAttract for sure. You can't get more opposite than nerdy, socially awkward Nelle and the sexy, muscled, and tattooed life-of-the-party
Jessica
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We met Luke in the previous book. I knew he will be an interesting character but now I think I love him more than Jimmy. Luke is a former screwup trying to make his grandfather happy by running his bar and taking care of his grandmother. Luke is that sexy but sweet man that everyone loves.

Nell has always been told the only thing she was good for was her brain. She has only one friend and even her parents didn't want her around. She never felt comfortable in the outside world so she stayed in sch
HeatherP
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I really don't know why I picked this one up. Honestly. I am not a reality tv show type of person. I hate them. I'm totally confused why I went ahead and read this. Maybe I would change my mind? Maybe I'd really like it? Nope. Nope. Nope.

The characters I think were the biggest part of the reason I marked this down. Surprisingly they are what I liked less than the book plot. Imagine that....

I don't think these two had any chemistry, and they never got me invested in their story. That is huge for
Tzelina
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for giving me the ARC in exchange for an honest review**#MillionDollarMarriage #NetGalley

4 🌟....We have already met Luke from previous book.... I really enjoyed this one it was a easy, quick read also it was a sweet, funny, romantic comedy!!! Although it was a little bit predictable ...I definitely liked it and it was really enjoyable for me!
Andrea Fleury
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Bar owner and a Dr

Katy Evans knows how to write books. This was excellent. I loved the concept of a Game show aspect. Penny and Luke have a connection from the start. I loved the way they connected. It was unbelievably funny and a bit sad.
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
description

HOLY CROWS FEET!
Million Dollar Marriage was off the chains AMAZING...
ADDICTING...
and EVERYTHING I NEVER KNEW I WANTED!!!

Million Dollar Marriage is the second book in Katy Evans’ Million Dollar Series. This companion novel is told from Luke and Nell’s point of view.

All Nell wanted to do was get out of her cookie cutter comfort zone and prove to her ex boyfriend that she wasn’t the frigid girl he saw her as...and the million dollars will come in handy paying off her school loans. All she has to d
Kittykat ~ in between spines.
Thank you NetGalley and Montlake Romance for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Yes yes yes, I love books set in or based shows. I devoured the Games Series by Jessica Clare which are based on popular reality shows (think survivor, big brother, the amazing race) and ever since then I can’t get enough of books that throw people together in these fast-paced situations. Million Dollar Marriage is just that.

Million Dollar Marriage is the second book in the series, but for me it didn’t seem lik
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
OMG I Love Katy because she can write like no ones business and she always has me on the edge of my seat wondering what is going to happen next and when I read it I talk to my kindle whether it be yelling, screaming, laughing, or crying. I get all the feels from her books and this one really did it for me. I felt like I was inside the story watching friends go through there fare share of things.

Nell and Luke are an amazing couple together. The get together on this TV reality show and they are co
Paula White
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, I couldn't put it down. The concept was really good - I would watch the TV programme if they ever made it. I loved Luke and Nell. They were so different but this books shows opposites do attract and they worked well together through the challenges. There was a little bit of angst but in general a feel good book that had you rooting for the H and h. The book left me wanting more of this couple, I had not read one and this did not detract from this book at all.

Maria11
Jul 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Sweet predictable read. A light hop through a reality game show that shows that it isn’t as real as they make it and how the producers can do what they want. Total opposites attract story. It got old on how they both thought they weren’t good enough for the other. Penny really upset me when she knew better about what happened and still reacted dumbly. I like the premise but just could love it totally.

Received a copy from the publisher for an honest review.
Melissa B
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you read Million Dollar Devil then you remember meeting Luke, the owner of Tim's Bar. Luke is struggling with the finances of his bar which he's about to lose and Penelope "Nell/Penny" is drowning in student loans bur what happens when a reality show has a prize you can't refuse? Luke and Penny had me laughing, smiling and cheering them on throughout this read, I couldn't get enough of them! If you love The Bachelor and The Amazing Race, you'll get a kick out of this storyline so grab your co ...more
Courtney
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Million Dollar Marriage is Katy's second book in her Million Dollar series but can definitely be read as a complete stand-alone. And let me tell you, you want to read this one!

I was completely immersed into this book from start to finish. I don't know if part of that reason is because that I was watching a reality TV show (something I never, ever do) when I started reading this or if it was just how easily I could picture everything happening.

I do not watch reality TV shows. I find them borrowin
Jackie Wright
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Million Dollar Marriage is book two in the Million Dollar Series but it can certainly be read as a stand-alone, it’s a fast paced entertaining fun adventure that captivated me from the first page.
Luke Cross and Penelope “Nell” Carpenter both need money and they need it quickly so when they see a sign up for a new reality show called Million Dollar Marriage neither of them hesitate after all getting married to a stranger is just the means to an end.......
Luke and Nell are total opposites he is a

Katy Evans is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her debut REAL shot to the top of the bestselling lists in 2013 and since then 10 of her titles have been New York Times bestsellers. Her books have been translated into nearly a dozen languages across the world.

***Katy doesn't respond to messages on this site, but you can email her at katyevansauthor@gmail.com

Million Dollar (2 books)
  • Million Dollar Devil (Million Dollar, #1)